Posted: 10/5/2019 11:34:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Who?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to be honest.  I had literally never heard of them prior to this thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#4]
No clue who that is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
After looking up their website, I now remember - they were one of the few making .338LM AR's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Considering they havent updated the news section on their site since 2015, theyve been in trouble for a while. Never seen or heard of their products and I'm on here everyday.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No clue who that is.
View Quote
They make a 338lm and I believe 308 in an ar15 stylized platform.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Not surprising. The owner always seemed like an ass. Too bad, people who owned their rifles, generally had good things to say about them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for never heard of them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#10]
No idea who they are, but my first question is if the ATF found actual machine guns, or did they find items they "classified" as machine guns?

Just remember that bumpstocks and boot laces can also be considered machine guns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I own one, a 260 rem. Its an extremely well made, accurate rifle. This is sad to hear... however, having reached out to them in the past, they were not quick to respond.

Blows my mind how someone can build a company making a top notch, high end manufactured product... then let it crash.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Actual machines guns with auto sear and select fire installed.
View Quote
Yeah, that'll do it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Didn't the owner get into a big pissing match here or on the hide with someone? It was years ago I forget how it all went down.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Didn't the owner get into a big pissing match here or on the hide with someone? It was years ago I forget how it all went down.
View Quote
That was the original owner. This is the second owner.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No idea who they are, but my first question is if the ATF found actual machine guns, or did they find items they "classified" as machine guns?

Just remember that bumpstocks and boot laces can also be considered machine guns.
Being sloppy with their paperwork no doubt, vs selling to the local hoods.  How dare they.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Been asking that question for over 5 years now. Apparently just used primarily as a fun-toy tax write-off for oil-man owner.
View Quote
Shouldn't you have had an answer before licensing F&D to manufacture your folding stock?
I thought it odd that someone would post about a virtually unknown gun manufacturer getting busted by ATF.....and five minutes of Googling discovered you (FoldAr) sued F&D last year.

I've been an FFL for over eleven years and never heard of "F&D Defense" until today.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Too bad they didn’t wait until yesterday’s nuked thread they could have learned about unspeakable 3-d printed instant ninja sears (sarcasm).

Seriously though, for as cheap as an SOT is, for someone actually in the business of making guns, having proper licensing just seems like such a minimal marginal cost compared to having a disgruntled employee or somebody else even making false accusations.  This sucks for owners of their rifles if they go down permanently.

The power to tax is the power to destroy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#21]
If he was a SOT and didn't take the 3 minutes it takes to fill out a F1 and send it off, then he earned this award!
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Never heard of them.

But FATF.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If he was a SOT and didn't take the 3 minutes it takes to fill out a F1 and send it off, then he earned this award!
View Quote
Form 2
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Shouldn't you have had an answer before licensing F&D to manufacture your folding stock?
I thought it odd that someone would post about a virtually unknown gun manufacturer getting busted by ATF.....and five minutes of Googling discovered you (FoldAr) sued F&D last year.

I've been an FFL for over eleven years and never heard of "F&D Defense" until today.
View Quote
Never heard of them either. Did find this:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/folding-ar-horizon/

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I own one, a 260 rem. Its an extremely well made, accurate rifle. This is sad to hear... however, having reached out to them in the past, they were not quick to respond.

Blows my mind how someone can build a company making a top notch, high end manufactured product... then let it crash.
View Quote
Laughs in USFA.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#27]
The owner used to work for lwrc and the platform built off of that design. He stirred up a lot of crap on snipershide, but the product seemed to mostly deliver. I think a member here worked to develop their 338-based 458 variant. I would have probably bought one at one point but the weight was just not great. I already had an lwrc, kac and mws, and really wanted something more carbine-like.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Form 2
View Quote
Fat thumbed on my iphone
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#29]
In my AO and I've never heard of them.

Sounds like they should have known better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#30]
The guy that started f@d is a grade a douche.

There have been numerous threads here and the hide (read that as shit show), where the owner showed his ass.

IIRC, Aimless banned him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#31]
They’ve had their fair share of troubled owners. Good old Corky made for some entertainment here several years back.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes Corkie from F&D, Mark Larue and I went rounds.  I quoted work for F&D while still at 2A Armament. The guy was a nut ball.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#34]
So, where is Corky in all of this?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Whenever I hear of people pulling stuff like this I feel like we will be alright with our business....
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am right here, Corby Hall.
Owner of FoldAR...and still winning...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, where is Corky in all of this?
Ok, sure.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder how they were caught? Was it an employee or were they selling them to gangs?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Well this shit took a wild turn..
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Chopping up coat hangers or something.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Who?
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
After looking up their website, I now remember - they were one of the few making .338LM AR's.
View Quote
Sounds like a void that PSA could economically fill.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well this shit took a wild turn..
View Quote
It will get locked.  Corky has a habit of going off the rails, like the time he was trying to make fun of Mark LaRue’s manufacturing facilities.  If Corky ever had a quarter of Larue business or manufacturing capacity, I’d be very surprised.  I’m not surprised about the latest lawsuit after Corky sued LWRCI and then his former business partner.  I know that he represented himself in at last one of his lawsuits.

Just stand by for drama.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They make a 338lm and I believe 308 in an ar15 stylized platform.
View Quote
wouldn't that be like an AR5 frame? (15, is small cartridge, ar10 is medium, ar5 is magnum?)
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#46]
What is: shit I've never heard of Alex.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It will get locked.  Corky has a habit of going off the rails, like the time he was trying to make fun of Mark LaRue’s manufacturing facilities.  If Corky ever had a quarter of Larue business or manufacturing capacity, I’d be very surprised.  I’m not surprised about the latest lawsuit after Corky sued LWRCI and then his former business partner.  I know that he represented himself in at last one of his lawsuits.

Just stand by for drama.
View Quote
It looks like the drama's already started. I'm just waiting for it to get good!

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That was Brian Shirley. As are all references here to the past douchery.

As majority owner of F&D in 2014, I picked up my shit and left F&D when I found out Shirley falsified the company's FFL application in 2013.
Then I sold F&D to Shirley in a company split and took all the manufacturing operations and rights.  
Shirley is the one who went on SH and was running down veterans, and pretty much everyone else.
I simply asserted my association with development of the LWRC SABR/REPR products... which ended up being resolved to my pleasure.

The extend of my "entertainment" on arfcom (in 2014) was limited to my statements that I would end up "owning" F&D and Shirley would be gone... as it was a foregone conclusion at that time in consideration of their endless shenanigans, fraud, and illegal activity. Now I am simply awaiting award from court on our present $12mil lawsuit against F&D relating to the folding AR, to be issued within a month or two (and is non-appealable). If even 10% of that is awarded, I will own F&D once again and will forever dissolve its badly tarnished name. In 2017 I gave them a shot at redemption with the folding AR license, and they squandered that away to the n-th degree by deciding to ignore the license termination as if they were owners of the IP.... which makes sense because they also committed bank fraud by pledging the entirety of my IP (without my knowledge) for a $1mil loan that has apparently been completely spent on things not business related.

...still winning...
View Quote
That certainly makes one wonder what your intent was when starting this thread.

I do find it quite intriguing that you did not include any of these connections in your original attempt at mud slinging.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
What exactly  have you won?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top