BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now explain why the govt agency charged with the health of the country dies nothing about it.

If it was just about money, they would not be normalizing and glorifying being morbidly obese like the commercial in the op.

It is a coordinated effort.
View Quote

You need the government to "do something" about your lard ass? Sounds like something a liberal would say.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's called target audience. That's surprising?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fat obsessed folks here tickle me
View Quote

I found a set extra...
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

To Dove's credit....that's brilliant marketing, because a chick that size probably needs twice as much soap each time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's about half the size of Dove Corporation's new BLM activist spokeswoman.

Behold Dove's new beauty standard:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67619/Screen_Shot_2023-09-17_at_12_05_44_PM_pn-2957129.JPG

To Dove's credit....that's brilliant marketing, because a chick that size probably needs twice as much soap each time.

Do you REALLY think there are places on that body that have seen soap since she was an infant?

Hell, half of her probably hasn't seen water!

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not really. Makes it look like the product doesn't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The drug is for fat people so it makes sense.
Not really. Makes it look like the product doesn't work.

The drug doesn’t help you lose weight it just helps with your diabetes because of your fatness.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I change the channel the second I see that commercial come on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@midcap would you hit it?

i am in the pharma sales world and this is cringe-worthy, it's on the evening news everyday and sometimes it's on 2-3 channels at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aromts0OiHs
I change the channel the second I see that commercial come on.

Same hear
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Yuck. Strap it to a rocket and shoot it into the sun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Most stupid commercial ever. Make up and Wardrobe fawning over her and telling her how pretty she looks. Makes me want to vomit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When I hear "big pharma" I hear it in liberal voice for some reason, probably the liberal tendency of blaming everyone else for their problems.

At any rate, "big pharma" isn't holding a gun to your head and making you eat and sit on your ass. I'm reminded of all the soda and candy threads full of posters acting like they are leading a life of deprivation if someone expects them do do without their milkshake at every meal.

Also, the phenomena of thinking normally proportioned humans are "too skinny" and being fat means you have muscles and are strong.

That's not muscle, it's blubber. You're not "bulking" you're fat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't no money in healthy people. Big Pharma doesn't want you eating well and exercising.

They want you to live a loooong, unhealthy life just well enough to sustain yourself so you can remain addicted to their drugs. If the drugs have side effects, don't worry, they have more drugs to be used in conjunction.

Why manage your health naturally and why bother feeling well when you can eat fast food, be sedentary, and have your insurance shell out thousands per month for proprietary drugs?

When I hear "big pharma" I hear it in liberal voice for some reason, probably the liberal tendency of blaming everyone else for their problems.

At any rate, "big pharma" isn't holding a gun to your head and making you eat and sit on your ass. I'm reminded of all the soda and candy threads full of posters acting like they are leading a life of deprivation if someone expects them do do without their milkshake at every meal.

Also, the phenomena of thinking normally proportioned humans are "too skinny" and being fat means you have muscles and are strong.

What I've never understood is that if you notice your pants aren't fitting anymore, why the fuck would you go buy new pants?

Fix the problem, skip breakfast or something for a month.

To me though, getting fat is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. You never hear anyone that's lost a lot of weight say that they were happier when they were fat, it's a terrible thing to do to yourself.

The only sympathy I have is for fat kids, I feel terrible for them, their parents have failed them and set them up for a hard life as an adult with an unhealthy body and terrible eating habits.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Jardiance, the little pill with the big taint rot story to conceal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#11]
“Outside every fat man there was an even fatter man trying to close in.”
      Kingsley Amis (1922-1995)
      English novelist, critic and poet
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She's a fake fat person.  That's a fat suit she is wearing. It lacks the mass of actual fat.
View Quote

Nope...she's fat.

She was a contestant on Masterchef season 10.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope...she's fat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's a fake fat person.  That's a fat suit she is wearing. It lacks the mass of actual fat.

Nope...she's fat.

The one thing about fat chicks....lots of them can really cook.

A friend of mine has a big fat wife, and he always has the best cookies and baked goods to share at work.

I wouldn't want a fat wife just for the the snacks, but it's nice when a friend has a fat one that can cook.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Wood knot
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#15]
cringe but still not as bad as the prep commercials
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder why her A1C is high?
View Quote
could be the puddin could be the moon pies or it could be the carrots,I don't know it's a mystery
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
cringe but still not as bad as the prep commercials
View Quote

Take this pill get checked regularly to see if it kills your liver and fuck any ass you want.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The HS teen female hierarchy is incredibly powerful when you aren't one of the ''in'' girls. Petty, sure, but it's not much different then the jocks and the nerds either at that age. As they age it changes of course but it all devolves back to HS rankings when a reunion rolls around when you walk in the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The modern American female 8.

I am still stunned at how many decent looking guys with good jobs end up with their wife looking like ''the blob'' by 40.

I'll cut them some slack if they had a couple kids for some weight gain but 50-75-100+ pounds and the kids are in their teens and 20's, no way.

Never dated a fat chick, never married one, and none of my wives ever turned into the blob after marriage.  

[Now a few ex GF, oh yeah, I've shuddered over a few of those when I saw them years later.]

I just went to my High School 30 year reunion and it was pretty crazy. So many people not just fat, but swollen, like they got stung by a swarm of bees. The ham-armed big ol fat people is one thing and my job is filled with them, but the swollen thing is crazy.

My wife walked out of her HS reunion with a smile on her face that could shame a billion dollar lotto winner who found the ticket on the ground.

Every cheerleader and popular gal that had picked on her in school looked like a Jimmy Dean sausage roll with eyes. She was about 112 and in better shape then the typical female athlete you see. The popular jocks and guys she knew in school that had married some of them, well, they didn't hang around their wife much, they all wandered around by themselves.

We actually had a great time, everyone else rolled up in their fanciest pimp ride, we rolled up in a lifted top off FJ40.

That's really... a thing?

Very "Romy and Michele."

She was picked on a lot in school, of course her mouth got her in more trouble because she had to hold up the Polish standard of not taking shit from anyone. She even admitted that it would have been easier but she was a feisty scrapper her whole life and never did back down from much. Catholic Schools can be an absolute bitch because you have a lot of kids from successful monied families going to them and most tend to look down on the not so monied kids and families.

She hunted [gun and bow], gutted, filleted fish, and could still doll herself up. Damn fine step mom to my son.

Just all seems so... petty.

The HS teen female hierarchy is incredibly powerful when you aren't one of the ''in'' girls. Petty, sure, but it's not much different then the jocks and the nerds either at that age. As they age it changes of course but it all devolves back to HS rankings when a reunion rolls around when you walk in the door.

We never had any reunions, so I just don't have a frame of reference, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
She's about half the size of Dove Corporation's new BLM activist spokeswoman.

Behold Dove's new beauty standard:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67619/Screen_Shot_2023-09-17_at_12_05_44_PM_pn-2957129.JPG
View Quote

From a purely cold business logic perspective, customers that size would require twice as much soap and lotion.

Edit. Wow, beat to the punch by a mile.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Wife calls her a Teletubby......and that dress they show her...no way it's gonna fit.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I found a set extra...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fat obsessed folks here tickle me

I found a set extra...

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s not blubber. They’re just “big boned.” Big boned, A1C though the roof, zero impulse control, eating hundreds of grams of high fructose corn syrup per day, and on a myriad of prescription drugs to allegedly mitigate these conditions. Yet no one in healthcare is advocating for healthier food and more exercise.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

They would get absolutely crucified if they used someone in a fat suit.  Not every company is as stupid as InBev.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I just rated this topic as epic….I’m still laughing after a day, I even IM’s the OP.  I just remember in boot camp the fat bodies had to wear red dyed t shirts…they faded to pink by second phase. Marine Corps. Guess they don’t do that anymore…

I get it, cops can get fat because of the job, I got hurt, and ballooned up to 200 lbs when I broke my leg, and was drinking way too much beer.  Once I got healed, dropped 25 pounds that quick. Too bad I shrunk an inch because I’m old now, but I’m under 170 for years.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nope...she's fat.

View Quote

Never trust a fat chef.

They'll eat anything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not my experience at all, but I was an asshole to the condescending types in HS and they knew where they stood when they figured us out.  

Not a GD bazillionaire but it doesn't take much to sort the wheat from the chaff. I got a good laugh out of it over bourbon and BS with others who weren't supposed to "make it."
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
She can barely move, why put her in a friggin dance number.
View Quote

She manages it well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#28]
If someone hasn't already posted, do yourselves a favor and read the YouTube comments for some real sensible chuckles.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think Pharma is benevolent?  Their entire existence is to make money.  The sicker people are, the more they make.  The more people they can convince to take their meds, the more they make.  Direct to consumer advertising was long since unlawful.  Well, guess who got that changed eventually (after lobbying the FDA hard enough and bringing over enough former FDA officials to high paying jobs)?  Why could they possibly want consumers and medical lay people asking for specific drugs by name?  Hmmmm......

Pharma has a massive conflict of interest.  Yes, their meds can help save lives...in some instances.  In others, its a placebo effect at best and a poison at worst.    Choose carefully what you decide to put in your body.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

*Snip*

Yet no one in healthcare is advocating for healthier food and more exercise.
View Quote

Every doctor I've gone to advocates that, and my workplace had diet and exercise counseling plus paid for membership to the YMCA. One had it's own "wellness center" with a gym. These were hospitals and they went out of their way to advocate those things, including mandatory meetings with a wellness nurse if you were above certain criteria.

The real issue is one of people actually eating healthy and exercising.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I wonder why her A1C is high?
View Quote

It's a man's fault.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's a white man's fault.  
View Quote
fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A friend of mine has a big fat wife, and he always has the best cookies and baked goods to share at work.

I wouldn't want a fat wife just for the the snacks, but it's nice when a friend has a fat one that can cook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...she's fat.

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife." Jimmy Soul.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#35]
My least favorite of the pharma commercials.  That hog is a train wreck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm pretty sure I saw her on a popular cooking show. Not Bobby or Guy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I like where it says "Lower A1C with diet and exercise," yet they have these fat people dancing around.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’ve seen that ad numerous times-what a hawg!
View Quote

She barely rates “curvy” south of Kentucky.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@midcap would you hit it?

i am in the pharma sales world and this is cringe-worthy, it's on the evening news everyday and sometimes it's on 2-3 channels at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aromts0OiHs
View Quote

Haha, I saw this commercial a week ago and was so tempted to make a post on it for the lulz. Oh and I also thought of midcap.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The modern American female 8.

I am still stunned at how many decent looking guys with good jobs end up with their wife looking like ''the blob'' by 40.

I'll cut them some slack if they had a couple kids for some weight gain but 50-75-100+ pounds and the kids are in their teens and 20's, no way.

Never dated a fat chick, never married one, and none of my wives ever turned into the blob after marriage.  

[Now a few ex GF, oh yeah, I've shuddered over a few of those when I saw them years later.]

I just went to my High School 30 year reunion and it was pretty crazy. So many people not just fat, but swollen, like they got stung by a swarm of bees. The ham-armed big ol fat people is one thing and my job is filled with them, but the swollen thing is crazy.

My wife walked out of her HS reunion with a smile on her face that could shame a billion dollar lotto winner who found the ticket on the ground.

Every cheerleader and popular gal that had picked on her in school looked like a Jimmy Dean sausage roll with eyes. She was about 112 and in better shape then the typical female athlete you see. The popular jocks and guys she knew in school that had married some of them, well, they didn't hang around their wife much, they all wandered around by themselves.

We actually had a great time, everyone else rolled up in their fanciest pimp ride, we rolled up in a lifted top off FJ40.

That's really... a thing?

Very "Romy and Michele."

She was picked on a lot in school, of course her mouth got her in more trouble because she had to hold up the Polish standard of not taking shit from anyone. She even admitted that it would have been easier but she was a feisty scrapper her whole life and never did back down from much. Catholic Schools can be an absolute bitch because you have a lot of kids from successful monied families going to them and most tend to look down on the not so monied kids and families.

She hunted [gun and bow], gutted, filleted fish, and could still doll herself up. Damn fine step mom to my son.

Just all seems so... petty.

Holy shit the hierarchy is the same shit in law firm but more on the secretary side.  

Felt just like high school, the 3 butches thought they ran the coop and drove out and new women hired, especially if they young and hot.  

Just like a hen house on meth and cocaine.

Bitches be crazy at all ages and times.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Google search images of Deanna Colón. Have eye bleach handy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Every doctor I've gone to advocates that,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Snip*

Yet no one in healthcare is advocating for healthier food and more exercise.

Every doctor I've gone to advocates that,

Can you get two doctors to agree to what a proper diet is? I have yet to.

I’m not saying this as an excuse. I’m not obese. My BMI is 26. Technically overweight on BMI but not terribly.

But “diet and exercise” mean different things to different people, and that goes for doctors too.

Like one that asked me “How do you feel about olive oil?” WTF? Am I supposed to drink it? WTF do you mean by that? I’m supposed to base my caloric intake on olive oil? JFC
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Five foot three and three hundred pounds

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Can you get two doctors to agree to what a proper diet is? I have yet to.

I'm not saying this as an excuse. I'm not obese. My BMI is 26. Technically overweight on BMI but not terribly.

But "diet and exercise" mean different things to different people, and that goes for doctors too.

Like one that asked me "How do you feel about olive oil?" WTF? Am I supposed to drink it? WTF do you mean by that? I'm supposed to base my caloric intake on olive oil? JFC
View Quote
Really. You don't know what do do with olive oil.

Jesus, some of you people are beyond help. You really can't figure out a proper diet?!?  Do you know how a scale works? Do you open your eyes when you eat! Can you discern the difference between dog food and human food?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top