QUEERING FATNESS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her academic career:

Research Interests

My scholarship examines the impact of fat stigma on the health and well-being of fat people. This has included work on,

Identity management of fat stigma
Queering fatness
Identity management of fat stigma in online spaces
Using Web 2.0 tools to queer fatness
Fat stigma as a barrier to accessing health and healthcare
Fat stigma as a social determinant of health

Secondary research interests include fat pedagogies, fat ethics, and how scholars use social media to dissiminate their work and be held accountable by the communities they study (I've termed this, sociable scholarship).

@WhiskersTheCat
@beitodesstrafe
Ain't clown world hilarious!?

QUEERING FATNESS

Idk maybe we should be nuked
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What the fuck is "queering fatness?"
View Quote

I'm gonna guess BIG GAY

So now there will be fat aids going around...
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
haha meme goes ->
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Obviously a "Professor" in Feminist Dance Therapy, Gender Studies or White Guilt Theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Truly an incredible human being, dedicated her life to spreading lies.

What is that on the left?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27166/fatlicious_JPG-2327925.JPG

Obviously a "Professor" in Feminist Dance Therapy, Gender Studies or White Guilt Theory.

Massey University is in New Zealand and is extremely liberal from what I've read.  NZ has had a huge resurgence in Maori pride type stuff and lots of people with any Maori DNA (thanks to all of the DNA testing sites) have been expressing their pride in their heritage by getting traditional tattoos.  True Maoris can tell where they came from, who their family members are, accomplishments, etc. based on tattoos- I doubt the new group know any of that stuff.

When I was working Australia one of the safety guys was Maori and had tattoos; one of the catering crews was also Maori and when they met she asked about some of his family- they'd never met but, like him, she could "read" his tats.  It's not uncommon in some cultures; I never leaned any of the Maori tattoos but I can tell you what some of the Iban tattoos mean from my time working in Malaysia.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm gonna guess BIG GAY

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck is "queering fatness?"

I'm gonna guess BIG GAY

Yep really fat and really gay
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
(clarkson)

Truly, this is earth shaking news.

(/clarkson)
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Based.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is it people with actual Maori blood getting the tattoos, or cultural appropriation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, but I think it fancies itself a teacher.

There's a huge lefty trend in Kiwi-land for embracing the Maori chin/neck tattoos.

Is it people with actual Maori blood getting the tattoos, or cultural appropriation?

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/01/05/new-zealand-news-anchors-face-tattoo-honors-her-maori-heritage/

On Christmas Day, veteran New Zealand journalist Oriini Kaipara made history. She is her country’s first news anchor to host a national primetime broadcast sporting ancestral markings on her face.

“I love my moko. I love my culture,” she said.

The chin tattoo isn’t a publicity stunt. The intricate ink tells her family’s story.

“It represents the Maori language. Ultimately, that’s why it’s sitting right on my mouth.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe a university gave her a platform to spread her mental illness onto our children.

Wtf is wrong with this world?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"BBIPOC"

I guess it's going to become like LGTWTFBBQ with new letters every week.

Kharn
View Quote

Easier just to call them alphabet people.  That way you don't have to try and keep up with all the new letters and combinations thereof.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/01/05/new-zealand-news-anchors-face-tattoo-honors-her-maori-heritage/

On Christmas Day, veteran New Zealand journalist Oriini Kaipara made history. She is her country’s first news anchor to host a national primetime broadcast sporting ancestral markings on her face.

The chin tattoo isn’t a publicity stunt. The intricate ink tells her family’s story.

“It represents the Maori language. Ultimately, that’s why it’s sitting right on my mouth.

https://img2-azrcdn.newser.com/image/1391599-11-20211230133209-shes-first-prime-time-anchor-chin-tattoo.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, but I think it fancies itself a teacher.

There's a huge lefty trend in Kiwi-land for embracing the Maori chin/neck tattoos.

https://img2-azrcdn.newser.com/image/1391599-11-20211230133209-shes-first-prime-time-anchor-chin-tattoo.jpeg

Jeez, a runway for dicks to land on.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

@prasediumfabrica will have to engineer fat fags fat friendly stools for the gay bar...
How dare They not be able to flirt and ask If they can push each other's stools in When the ones in existence will break if sat on
Oh the oppression!

QUEERING FATNESS

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Which covid shot(s) did she get?...
View Quote

The one with extra lipid particles of course.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
prayers for her family and loved ones.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can't believe a university gave her a platform to spread her mental illness onto our children.

View Quote

who'd a thunk nose to grind stones would yield QUEERING FATNESS

do they even make bootstraps that can be pulled on Fuck boot straps

PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR TOW STRAPS!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@prasediumfabrica will have to engineer fat fags fat friendly stools for the gay bar...
How dare They not be able to flirt and ask If they can push each other's stools in When the ones in existence will break if sat on
Oh the oppression!

QUEERING FATNESS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh the oppression!

QUEERING FATNESS

Absolutely disgusting
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Massey University is in New Zealand and is extremely liberal from what I've read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Massey University is in New Zealand and is extremely liberal from what I've read.
Isn't all of NZ extremely liberal?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat
@beitodesstrafe

QUEERING FATNESS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her academic career:

Research Interests

My scholarship examines the impact of fat stigma on the health and well-being of fat people. This has included work on,

Identity management of fat stigma
Queering fatness
Identity management of fat stigma in online spaces
Using Web 2.0 tools to queer fatness
Fat stigma as a barrier to accessing health and healthcare
Fat stigma as a social determinant of health

Secondary research interests include fat pedagogies, fat ethics, and how scholars use social media to dissiminate their work and be held accountable by the communities they study (I've termed this, sociable scholarship).

@WhiskersTheCat
@beitodesstrafe

QUEERING FATNESS

I left grad school pretty current in the state of clown world at the time, but that has been over 10 years now.

My guess is, based on past trends and how she words things, is fatness grievance as a field is trying to get itself aligned under existing recognized grievance theories.

That's literally what "research" often looks like in these fields. Take concepts written about by, say, indigenous studies people about how white supremacy and colonial thinking impairs opportunity, and say, "look, these concepts apply to fat people tool here's why."

Her references to anti-fatness as a product of white supremacy suggests her chosen approach is to get fatness recognized un "BBIPOC." Yet the "queering" term suggests maybe she was taking a parallel approach to wrap fatness into the "LBGTQ..." thing. But, frankly, that whole latter academic movement seems to be falling apart at the seems, literally, as T and Q activism becomes outwardly hostile to L and G folks. Solidarity is important in grievance studies. Maybe that's why her more recent focus was in anti-fatness as white supremacy.

Now, it's all about the BBIPOC.

Had she lived longer, maybe her crowing achievement in academia would be getting the "F" for "fat" added. BBIFPOC? BBIPOC-F?

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#19]
The science on obesity is VERY clear.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Except it's not ironic or insane that they act this way.
It's by design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's insane that universities employ people like this to tell students things that the university knows is wrong.

Except it's not ironic or insane that they act this way.
It's by design.

It is and it's sad. Universities create radical leftists. The radicals of the 60s and 70s became professors. It's the slow Marxist takeover. The Jordan Peterson yeomni park interview was crazy when she told Peterson about her experiences being silenced by liberals at Columbia, Peterson started crying about the state of higher learning. I don't see how we reconcile at this point
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone better tell johnny jihadi that's one of the 72 virgins he gets when he aloha snack bars that car bomb or bomb vest.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
God almighty thats a big woman.

And how is fit white supremacy?
How the fuck does one even draw a conclusion like that?
C-ya, wouldn't wanna b-ya lardo.
View Quote

How is fitness white supremacy?? Come on man, keep up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Not enough flour in the world…..
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good question...
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#25]
It wasn't a heart attack; it was murder.

A picture of the suspect:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh the irony.
They'll never see it and put 2 and 2 together.
They'll claim fat phobia and the patriarchy is what killed her, along with depression instead of the obvious..
She was a fucking shamu
View Quote

Yep, this exactly
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I left grad school pretty current in the state of clown world at the time, but that has been over 10 years now.

My guess is, based on past trends and how she words things, is fatness grievance as a field is trying to get itself aligned under existing recognized grievance theories.

That's literally what "research" often looks like in these fields. Take concepts written about by, say, indigenous studies people about how white supremacy and colonial thinking impairs opportunity, and say, "look, these concepts apply to fat people too here's why."

Her references to anti-fatness as a product of white supremacy suggests her chosen approach is to get fatness recognized un "BBIPOC." Yet the "queering" term suggests maybe she was taking a parallel approach to wrap fatness into the "LBGTQ..." thing. But, frankly, that whole latter academic movement seems to be falling apart at the seems, literally, as T and Q activism becomes outwardly hostile to L and G folks. Solidarity is important in grievance studies. Maybe that's why her more recent focus was in anti-fatness as white supremacy.

Had she lived longer, maybe her crowing achievement in academia would be getting the "F" for "fat" added. BBIFPOC? BBIPOC-F?

View Quote

Clown world is hilarious.

Colonial thinking applying to fat people
They better not ever open a history book or visit an art museum with paintings depicting the fat colonizers or they'll have some explaining to do...

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Apparently @StevenCrowder killed her:
UNDERCOVER: Crowder Infiltrates "FAT STUDIES" Conference | Louder with Crowder

I guess Tom Macdonald was actually right (ff to :19) :
Tom MacDonald - "People So Stupid"

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#29]
She was massive.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wasn't this one of the women that was a part of  fat conference Crowder infiltrated?
View Quote
Yep. First thing I thought.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Never would have guessed it
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They better not ever open a history book or visit an art museum with paintings depicting the fat colonizers or they'll have some explaining to do...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's literally what "research" often looks like in these fields. Take concepts written about by, say, indigenous studies people about how white supremacy and colonial thinking impairs opportunity, and say, "look, these concepts apply to fat people too here's why."

Or show them the Peter Paul Reubens paintings and let them in on the idea that he painted those fat gals as a joke.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
You've reached a new level of large when you have what looks like a ratchet strap as a belt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't this one of the women that was a part of  fat conference Crowder infiltrated?

Every doorway was a micro-aggression against her.

I bet she made the university give her a bigger office.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Fatctivist
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Absolutely disgusting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh the oppression!

QUEERING FATNESS

Absolutely disgusting

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Which covid shot(s) did she get?...
View Quote

This right ere!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Did they check closely?  She might just be hibernating.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing cheapens a brand quite as much as Revcontent or Taboola. Ruining the entire internet.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did they check closely?  She might just be hibernating.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....and butter - LOTS of butter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#42]
huh
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#43]
And nothing of value was lost.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#44]
You may be able to fool yourself, you may be able to fool some other people, but Mother Nature not so much.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow. This is a completely unexpected outcome.
View Quote

I know right? who da thunk it? wow...just incredible.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol.  Tom MacDonald is a prophet now.

"Now being fat is beautiful? Name a thing that you can't do?
Jumping jacks.  Run a mile.  Live past 42."
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The short answer? a LOT.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I watched the Crowder video but didn’t realize how big she was. She looks 400 pounds in that picture holy crap.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, they probably won't be cremating her.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Cat Pause. You can't make this shit up. I mean, she probably did, but still....
View Quote

That's DOCTOR Cat Pause

I wonder how much cash the lending companies have to eat now on that doctorate not getting paid back?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top