Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 2:15:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I understood that reference.

And to think, that that archaic freak show fat body, is the poster child for 19 out of 20 American males these days.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have added ham-planet to my vocabulary.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI!

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]
You people take the piss all you want, but right here, right now, I just learned that some time in the future, I invent time travel.
So blow that out your arse.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah. The men of my dad’s generation were thin as whippets, especially when young, but they worked, physically, every day and worked hard.

In all honesty, they also lived on a diet of coffee and cigarettes, so there’s that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah. The men of my dad’s generation were thin as whippets, especially when young, but they worked, physically, every day and worked hard.

In all honesty, they also lived on a diet of coffee and cigarettes, so there’s that.
View Quote
Look at be rise of smoking cessation with the rise of the populations weight

Perfect correlation
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Dr Nowzaraden (sp?) in Houston from my 600 lb life.  I saw this episode, and many others, and is good reminder that as much as I love food it ain’t all worth it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#9]
My 83 year old mother volunteers at the local hospital.  They had to replace all of the standard wheelchairs with oversized units to accommodate all of the fat-asses that come to the hospital.

The new new chairs are wider than the doorway to the rooms so someone has help these fat fucks from the door to the bed or the bed to the bathroom.  My little old mom weights like a 115 pounds and has to push these human garbage cans around the hospital all day, she says it is almost impossible for her to push some of these beasts around.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:01:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This veritable planetoid was so large I swear you could see light bend around her.
View Quote

You know it's bad when they are so fat they start distorting the space time continuum.

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There was a ham-galaxy that rolled into Sam's club two weeks ago in Bethany OK with her friend, a mere ham-planet. I say where the incident happened in the hopes that one of the firefighters is a member here and I can laugh at his plight.

Anyway, it was Sunday and at Sam's club they do free samples on Sundays. This veritable planetoid was so large I swear you could see light bend around her. The two of them were driving those scooters that fatties ride, which was funny to me. As i got close to one of the food freebie handers outers I saw the planet and her moon getting a free chunk of pop tart. While trying to maneuver it to its maw, the chunk of pop tart hit her 6th chin and tumbled to the floor.

She started reaching for it, but as she did, I started laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Then the rear tire of the scooter detonated like a bomb went off. The galaxy bounced twice with a sound like you slapped a peeled cantaloupe. It was like, "squackity squack!" Then she started squealing for someone to help her up and there was no fucking way it was going to be me, especially with me hyperventilating. The moon said to me, "This isnt funny!. To which I replied, "Nope, it is hilarious!"

The firefighters got there soon after, somehow got a bigass garbage bag looking thing under her bulk, and lifted her to her feet. The look of abject disgust on the firefighters faces, heh, I'm chuckling about it now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]
STEP RIGHT UP!   See this oddity of nature!  Marvel at it's grotesque appearance!

Identifys as it's birth gender!  19% body fat!  Completely blank skin!  32 teeth!  5"10" tall!  Covered with khaki pants and a button down shirt!

See the horror!  NOT for children, may cause PTSD......
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Fatties should be encouraged to smoke.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Those poor scooters. They've seen some shit, man.
View Quote
German panzer suspensions on the eastern front had it easy in comparison
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wash my back with a rag on a stick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I get that reference!
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dr Nowzaraden (sp?) in Houston from my 600 lb life.  I saw this episode, and many others, and is good reminder that as much as I love food it ain't all worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dr Nowzaraden (sp?) in Houston from my 600 lb life.  I saw this episode, and many others, and is good reminder that as much as I love food it ain't all worth it.
Getting to 600 pounds takes some serious work.  If they'd put a tenth of the effort into losing weight that they did into gaining it, they'd be down to a healthy weight in no time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks svelte compared to the average person you see shopping at Walmart.
View Quote
Average walmart whale schooner pilot.

I've seen true handicapped people have to wait 2 hours to shop because the whale schooner pilots ran the batteries down on all the schooners.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I damn near threw up, are people trying to out-fat one another? WTF?  

I don't know if I want anymore coffee, not sure I want to be totally awake.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There was a ham-galaxy that rolled into Sam's club two weeks ago in Bethany OK with her friend, a mere ham-planet. I say where the incident happened in the hopes that one of the firefighters is a member here and I can laugh at his plight.

Anyway, it was Sunday and at Sam's club they do free samples on Sundays. This veritable planetoid was so large I swear you could see light bend around her. The two of them were driving those scooters that fatties ride, which was funny to me. As i got close to one of the food freebie handers outers I saw the planet and her moon getting a free chunk of pop tart. While trying to maneuver it to its maw, the chunk of pop tart hit her 6th chin and tumbled to the floor.

She started reaching for it, but as she did, I started laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Then the rear tire of the scooter detonated like a bomb went off. The galaxy bounced twice with a sound like you slapped a peeled cantaloupe. It was like, "squackity squack!" Then she started squealing for someone to help her up and there was no fucking way it was going to be me, especially with me hyperventilating. The moon said to me, "This isnt funny!. To which I replied, "Nope, it is hilarious!"

The firefighters got there soon after, somehow got a bigass garbage bag looking thing under her bulk, and lifted her to her feet. The look of abject disgust on the firefighters faces, heh, I'm chuckling about it now.
View Quote
You have a way with words.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Him and the tattooed lady would just be typical spectators at a freak show today.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those are referred to as whale tarps in the biz.

Also, when cutting open homes to transport bariatrics, we'd find all sorts of things in their folds when moving them.  Shiney dimes, missing keys, TV remotes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

RIP Sean
View Quote
Nah I'm good. Got a 2nd fridge just last week.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just woke up my wife 3 week old son laughing my ass off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funniest post I’ve read so far this year
I just woke up my wife 3 week old son laughing my ass off.

Who is the father?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks svelte compared to the average person you see shopping at Walmart.

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now his grandson sits in bacon doritos, Taco Bell, lucky charms, etc..
View Quote
FIFY

TC
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice story.

I've often thought it would be awesome if there was a battery cable I could get to on one of those fatmobiles. Wait till they go to the back of the store and just reach over and unplug it. Stranded whale!
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm a firefighter, I feel their pain. Literally. Mostly in my lower back.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I get a kick out of watching old movies for visuals; people were thin as hell in the 30's and 40's, and that was back when they ate the stuff that is taboo nowadays.
View Quote
you don't gotta go back to the 30's and 40's.

watch movies from the 80's and early 90's and people were thin.

late 90's people started chunking up, today its just ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Funny this thread popped up.

Last night my wife and I were watching a movie with John Candy in it and talking about how he was considered such a huge fat guy back then, but now it wouldn’t be unusual at all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

you don't gotta go back to the 30's and 40's.

watch movies from the 80's and early 90's and people were thin.

late 90's people started chunking up, today its just ridiculous.
View Quote
Rise of the internet.....hmmm...…..
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Fat People | In Bruges | Screen Bites
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
DAMN I AM ROLLING HAHAHA
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
STEP RIGHT UP!   See this oddity of nature!  Marvel at it's grotesque appearance!

Identifys as it's birth gender!  19% body fat!  Completely blank skin!  32 teeth!  5"10" tall!  Covered with khaki pants and a button down shirt!

See the horror!  NOT for children, may cause PTSD......
View Quote
5'10"? Manlet freak!
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#42]
So true. No wonder Ringling Brothers Circus closed up shop.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks to welfare (EBT & etc), America has successfully created something that was heretofore unheard of, and has never before existed in the entire history of the world:

Fat poor people.
View Quote
This is correct. With the bonus of creating a class of criminals raised by single mothers who have kids to get a larger paycheck and don't raise said kids.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's corn subsidies making the cheapest food the most calorically dense (but least nutritious), and benefits favoring people that buy the cheapest shit
View Quote
and that helps cancer and immune diseases to flourish
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Funny this thread popped up.

Last night my wife and I were watching a movie with John Candy in it and talking about how he was considered such a huge fat guy back then, but now it wouldn’t be unusual at all.
View Quote
John Belushi was considered a comedic fat guy, too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Rise of the internet.....hmmm...…..
View Quote
lots of changes. I don't think its a single thing but lots of contributing factors.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's corn subsidies making the cheapest food the most calorically dense (but least nutritious), and benefits favoring people that buy the cheapest shit
All of the above is true.

Also, fat people suck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fatties should be encouraged to smoke.
View Quote
There are plenty of fat smokers.

Correlation does not equal causation. Food pyramid has more to do with the increase in fatties than anything. There were still skinny people in the 70's and 80's.
Plus other nutritional myths like eating several times a day.

Another phenomenon is the change in the perception of what is representative of normal human proportions. If you look at the diet threads in GD you will notice this. Fatties go on a diet and the goal weight - is still fat. The big fear is becoming "too skinny".

Normally proportioned people are routinely mocked in GD. It reminds me of the fat acceptance feminists, the triggly puffs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#49]
How do fat people wipe their asses?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I recently was asked by a health care provider about the logistics of transporting one of their patients to a hospital for tests.  They swear up and down the guy weighs 600 pounds.  The problem for them is the ambulance company says he won't fit through the door.  The fire department is willing to "fix" that situation but then that would leave the house standing wide open.  I told them the homeowner should hire someone to put in oversize doors in the house but that was just too damned logical and everyone wants to make it local government's problem.  The last time I saw one that big moved was post-mortem.  The FD sawed through the side of the house into the bedroom because they couldn't make the turns to get him out the patio sliding doors.  Appalachia has more than it's share of wildly obese people it would seem.

The sideshow freak from 1885 was just putting up rookie numbers.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top