Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep.

The goal posts have moved immensely since those days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember thinking the Skipper was fat on Gilligan's Island?
Yep.

The goal posts have moved immensely since those days.
Or all the fat jokes about Al Borland , and that was the early 90s

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
RAMMING SPEED!
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mother of god!

270g Carbs,  2,700 calories in the coke... each.
860g Carbs, 8,900 calories in the pizza.... 1/2 of it.

That is a weeks worth of calories... and a months worth of carbs.

Damn.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It slowly started when microwaves became a household item.
When I was a kid if you were hungry you had to cook something.
It was usually a hot dog or an egg, or you heated a can of Campbell soup.
Now there are thousands of high carb TV dinners, pancakes waffles, cheap meats packed with sugar and soy filler.
If I wanted pan cakes as a kid I had to make them from scratch.
High sugar and carb food are now cheap and quick to have at the slightest urge.
I remember growing up and being starved while out side playing with my friends while mom made dinner to be served at 5 or 5:30.
There was enough for everyone to have a good serving. If you were still hungry you could get an extra glass of milk.
View Quote
I think you hit the nail on the head in a few ways, but your key point is:

We were outside.

Many kids today hardly leave the couch, or their bedrooms.  And organized sports/activities aren’t enough.  Kids need to play outside and not be constantly snacking and not moving.

You can eat crappy food and still not be fat, but it sure doesn’t help.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread reminds me of an idea I had for how to save money on capital punishment.

Instead of using lethal injection, which costs money for chemicals and IV tubes and yada yada yada, what we do is this.

Wait for a very hot summer's day, then bring the condemned prisoner and all the required witnesses to WALMART.

Then wait until a 500 pound tub of rancid shit woman who hasn't bathed in weeks and has extreme vaginal and fecal odor has been riding the Mart Cart around for about an hour or so inside the store.

Right after she comes out to the parking lot and oozes herself off of the cart into her van with specially reinforced suspension (or whatever), the condemned is brought over to the Mart Cart, asked if he has any last words, and then FORCED TO SNIFF THE SEAT.

Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This thread reminds me of an idea I had for how to save money on capital punishment.

Instead of using lethal injection, which costs money for chemicals and IV tubes and yada yada yada, what we do is this.

Wait for a very hot summer's day, then bring the condemned prisoner and all the required witnesses to WALMART.

Then wait until a 500 pound tub of rancid shit woman who hasn't bathed in weeks and has extreme vaginal and fecal odor has been riding the Mart Cart around for about an hour or so inside the store.

Right after she comes out to the parking lot and oozes herself off of the cart into her van with specially reinforced suspension (or whatever), the condemned is brought over to the Mart Cart, asked if he has any last words, and then FORCED TO SNIFF THE SEAT.

View Quote
And there are people on here who called me crazy for not wanting to sit on shared bicycle, or other shared seats for that matter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Edit: dropped quote, caught in next post.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
I'm old enough to remember when a man of that size would have indeed been considered to be quite fat.  Now no one would bat an eye at him.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lol, no.  That's ebt being used for shit food by irresponsible deadbeats.  Ebt cards should only work for chicken, fish, and produce, not junk food and sweets.
View Quote
I don't disagree in an ideal world, but we live in the real world. There's also a distinct time and skill gap for a good portion of people on EBT.

If you don't know how to cook tasty food, are you going to eat a boiled chicken breast, white rice, and plain broccoli, or are you going to do the easy thing and get a TV dinner, or a bag of fritos and just eat it. Especially if you're one of the working poor; where do you find time to cook the food that you don't know how to cook when you're juggling 3 15-hour a week jobs that don't get you your final schedule until 2 days before you're scheduled?

It's easy to look down your nose at "them", but you don't know everyone's circumstances.

Then go through and start reading labels on packaged foods looking for sugars. HFCS, dextrose, sucrose, fructose - nearly everything you pick up has added sugar for no more reason than to make you want to eat more, but that extra sugar here and there adds up fast - especially if your diet is primarily from packaged foods (including anything heat and eat, not just traditional junk food). Then look at what kinds of vitamins and minerals those foods have - almost none. With that kind of diet, and you're going to be overweight and malnourished in no time.

TL;DR it's a lot more complicated than "LOL, the lazy poors"
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's something up with that Skipper.

Nobody gets that fat eating coconuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, don't be down on the Skipper. He had a thyroid issue.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
You know how every episode features someone else on the island and somehow they get “rescued” while everyone else stayed behind...
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Just saw these 2 hambeasts in yellowstone, their bellies were hanging below their shirts.  I was reall hoping the buffalo would get a bug up its ass and send them flying into a geyser...

Edit - 'tater pic doesn't do them justice.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chubby bunny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsT9_VSaEHA

The roach on the wall @ 1:30 is a nice touch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcKRTyjtzI
View Quote
JFC
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think you hit the nail on the head in a few ways, but your key point is:

We were outside.

Many kids today hardly leave the couch, or their bedrooms.  And organized sports/activities aren’t enough.  Kids need to play outside and not be constantly snacking and not moving.

You can eat crappy food and still not be fat, but it sure doesn’t help.
View Quote
Outside was my favorite game as a kid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There was a ham-galaxy that rolled into Sam's club two weeks ago in Bethany OK with her friend, a mere ham-planet. I say where the incident happened in the hopes that one of the firefighters is a member here and I can laugh at his plight.

Anyway, it was Sunday and at Sam's club they do free samples on Sundays. This veritable planetoid was so large I swear you could see light bend around her. The two of them were driving those scooters that fatties ride, which was funny to me. As i got close to one of the food freebie handers outers I saw the planet and her moon getting a free chunk of pop tart. While trying to maneuver it to its maw, the chunk of pop tart hit her 6th chin and tumbled to the floor.

She started reaching for it, but as she did, I started laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Then the rear tire of the scooter detonated like a bomb went off. The galaxy bounced twice with a sound like you slapped a peeled cantaloupe. It was like, "squackity squack!" Then she started squealing for someone to help her up and there was no fucking way it was going to be me, especially with me hyperventilating. The moon said to me, "This isnt funny!. To which I replied, "Nope, it is hilarious!"

The firefighters got there soon after, somehow got a bigass garbage bag looking thing under her bulk, and lifted her to her feet. The look of abject disgust on the firefighters faces, heh, I'm chuckling about it now.
View Quote
Similar story. I deliver mail-order adult diapers to a number of houses in my delivery zone. There is a trailer that gets a case every few weeks. 2 female galaxies live there with multiple felines. The smell permeates outside the trailer.
In.
The.
Winter.
I feel bad for their neighbors. Summertime must be nose hell. So i make my way through the trailer park. I start bitching to myself because i know i have that house. I have to cart the diapers up a ramp system to the side door of the trailer and stealthily dump the cargo so they don't hear me and engulf my senses with the scent of fat people and cat. These fat planets are essentially bound to their scooters. They cannot move without them. They have a freaking wagon that they hook to the back of the scooter to move things.

I arrived at the shithole trailer and this time, there was an ambulance in the drive. First thought was one of them had a stroke or heart attack. I cart up the diapers and made my way up the ramp. The door was open and there stood 3 medical personnel trying to upright the fat tub of lard. The rear wheel of her scooter busted off and was laying a few feet away from the glob. She layed there on her side unable to even roll her body over to the floor. The smell coming from inside was overpowering. Fat person, cat piss, cat piss, garbage. It looked like hoarders meets my 600 pound life. I dropped the packages and hightailed it before i puked. Got back in the truck and one of the ems guys was not far behind dry heaving the whole way.

I feel so bad for those poor guys called to that house.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Curvy
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fat people have that weird sweet/BO combination that smells like old barbecue sauce. I think it is from them not being able to wash between all the folds.   (So that's where the remote was!)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you imagine what they must smell like on a hot summer's day?

Fat people have that weird sweet/BO combination that smells like old barbecue sauce. I think it is from them not being able to wash between all the folds.   (So that's where the remote was!)
The mouth breathing noise they emit (ehssss shuuuu ehsssss shuuuu (slobber slurp) ehsss shuuuu....) is what makes my skin crawl...
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You can eat crappy food and still not be fat, but it sure doesn't help.
View Quote
People simply will not accept the simple fact that if you are (disgustingly) fat, you probably eat far too much.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The mouth breathing noise they emit (ehssss shuuuu ehsssss shuuuu (slobber slurp) ehsss shuuuu....) is what makes my skin crawl...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yuck i hate that, too (insert nauseous emoticon here)
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wash my back with a rag on a stick.
View Quote
Shit, that guy doesn't even wipe his ass yet wash his back
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't disagree in an ideal world, but we live in the real world. There's also a distinct time and skill gap for a good portion of people on EBT.

If you don't know how to cook tasty food, are you going to eat a boiled chicken breast, white rice, and plain broccoli, or are you going to do the easy thing and get a TV dinner, or a bag of fritos and just eat it. Especially if you're one of the working poor; where do you find time to cook the food that you don't know how to cook when you're juggling 3 15-hour a week jobs that don't get you your final schedule until 2 days before you're scheduled?

It's easy to look down your nose at "them", but you don't know everyone's circumstances.

Then go through and start reading labels on packaged foods looking for sugars. HFCS, dextrose, sucrose, fructose - nearly everything you pick up has added sugar for no more reason than to make you want to eat more, but that extra sugar here and there adds up fast - especially if your diet is primarily from packaged foods (including anything heat and eat, not just traditional junk food). Then look at what kinds of vitamins and minerals those foods have - almost none. With that kind of diet, and you're going to be overweight and malnourished in no time.

TL;DR it's a lot more complicated than "LOL, the lazy poors"
View Quote
We aren't making fun of the "Lazy Poor's" we are making fun of Lazy Fatties.

I've been poor, I've been in the situation you described, hell I've been in worse ones. I learned how to cook, and how to go to bed hungry when I was too tired to cook.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well great...

That's in my head now. Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
JFC... wth she supposed to be a LGBTQ rhinoceros?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My all-time favorite.
View Quote
Christ... check out that look of giddiness on her face as she’s opening (what I assume to be a single serving) that ranch dressing
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
People simply will not accept the simple fact that if you are (disgustingly) fat, you probably eat far too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nonsense.  They're just big boned.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#28]
This rise in extreme morbid obesity has arisen just as acceptance of public shaming has been stamped down.

Before, people would be more respectful of others and of themselves for fear of being publicly shamed.  Now they act like freaks and the public is expected to accept it as if you publicly shame someone then you get practically lynched
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I’m just here to bask in the outrage of a thousand triggered fatties.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There was a ham-galaxy that rolled into Sam's club two weeks ago in Bethany OK with her friend, a mere ham-planet. I say where the incident happened in the hopes that one of the firefighters is a member here and I can laugh at his plight.

Anyway, it was Sunday and at Sam's club they do free samples on Sundays. This veritable planetoid was so large I swear you could see light bend around her. The two of them were driving those scooters that fatties ride, which was funny to me. As i got close to one of the food freebie handers outers I saw the planet and her moon getting a free chunk of pop tart. While trying to maneuver it to its maw, the chunk of pop tart hit her 6th chin and tumbled to the floor.

She started reaching for it, but as she did, I started laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Then the rear tire of the scooter detonated like a bomb went off. The galaxy bounced twice with a sound like you slapped a peeled cantaloupe. It was like, "squackity squack!" Then she started squealing for someone to help her up and there was no fucking way it was going to be me, especially with me hyperventilating. The moon said to me, "This isnt funny!. To which I replied, "Nope, it is hilarious!"

The firefighters got there soon after, somehow got a bigass garbage bag looking thing under her bulk, and lifted her to her feet. The look of abject disgust on the firefighters faces, heh, I'm chuckling about it now.
View Quote
You ever eat at Ryans steakhouse? Godamn, that was almost as funny as this.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks svelte compared to the average person you see shopping at Walmart.

We call that the fat mat or the whale sail. It has a proper name that I forget because we never use it.

I’ve legit gone on calls where we had to call for additional manpower and remove doors to move those disgusting mountains of chewed bubblegum from their beds to the special bariatric ambulances so they can go to the ER and get their abscesses drained.

Your tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#34]
He's got nothing on the corn-syrup, fast food fed American of today.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Ramming speed! ... and stuck.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Look at be rise of smoking cessation with the rise of the populations weight

Perfect correlation
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah. The men of my dad’s generation were thin as whippets, especially when young, but they worked, physically, every day and worked hard.

In all honesty, they also lived on a diet of coffee and cigarettes, so there’s that.
Look at be rise of smoking cessation with the rise of the populations weight

Perfect correlation
Nice try RJ Reynolds.

There is some truth to tobacco being an appetite suppressant though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Big-boned.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Chubby bunny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsT9_VSaEHA

The roach on the wall @ 1:30 is a nice touch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcKRTyjtzI
View Quote
Mother of God........the bridge her nose has a fupa and her forehead has rolls.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We call that the fat mat or the whale sail. It has a proper name that I forget because we never use it.

I've legit gone on calls where we had to call for additional manpower and remove doors to move those disgusting mountains of chewed bubblegum from their beds to the special bariatric ambulances so they can go to the ER and get their abscesses drained.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks svelte compared to the average person you see shopping at Walmart.

I've legit gone on calls where we had to call for additional manpower and remove doors to move those disgusting mountains of chewed bubblegum from their beds to the special bariatric ambulances so they can go to the ER and get their abscesses drained.

I honestly don't know how you guys do it with a straight face.  Been there on those calls.  It's like stepping into this absurd world of Monty Python proportions.  I've seen it done time and again with nothing but care and professionalism.  I can't say "compassion" because you just know there are limits.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks to welfare (EBT & etc), America has successfully created something that was heretofore unheard of, and has never before existed in the entire history of the world:

Fat poor people.
View Quote
Not just EBT, but also the cheap "food" offered in every grocery store. It is the equivalent of Soylent. The only difference is the consistency.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Oh look, it the sisters Gluttony and Sloth eating breakfast.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#43]
I think she is on the keto diet. So don't be hating.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The part I think was the funniest about it was that when she fell, she fell *ON* the pop tart chunk and pulverized it.
View Quote
Any universities nearby that might have registered the fall on their seismograph?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was at dinner in a BBQ joint with my sister and BIL, both obese, and another couple of which the guy is morbidly obese. I noticed the exact sounds while they ate and actually scooted my chair a little farther away from them lest they slurped me up in their feeding frenzy. It was a disgusting sight and sound that ended with a pile of rib and chicken bones a foot high in the middle of the table accompanied by much belching.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was quote from the Dad on 'That 70's show'.  Cracked me up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a sneaking suspicion that the pizza is their appetizer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Epigenetics and garbage food.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm a 15 minute drive from Bethany, and I'm just rolling laughing while reading this.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We may be making the mistake of thinking there are discreet meals for them. The pizza is probably part of their one meal that day, let's call it brunchdinnersnack
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top