Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Cold: http://www.harriettubmanbiography.com/harriet-tubman-myths-and-facts.html

Myth: Harriet Tubman rescued people from all over the south.
Fact: Tubman returned only to Maryland to bring away loved ones – family and friends she could not live without and whom she could trust.  It was too dangerous for her to go places where she did not know people or the landscape.

Fake Quote: “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
Original Quote:  There is no original quote for this. This quote was entirely made up in 2007.  There is no documentation, nor historical basis for this quote.

Fake Quote: “I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.”
Original Quote: There is no original quote for this. This quote was entirely made up, and became popularized starting sometime in the the 1990s. There is no documentation, nor historical basis for this quote.

Fake Quote: “Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going”
Original Quote: There is no original quote for this. This quote was entirely made up, and became popularized in the 1960s during the Civil Rights Movement. There is no documentation, nor historical basis for this quote.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lincoln was a Republican also.  History shows the Republicans at the time were the party of big federal centralized government,  The Democrats were the conservative, states rights party.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great choice for the $20 bill. I am surprised she was chosen to tell you the truth.
I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other.        Tubman

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not reason, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes.  The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.  I remember how they were championing how courageous Caitlyn Jenner was for coming out as a teans-woman...until the moment she/he/whatever admitted being a Republican.  Jenner might as well been roadkill as far as the Libtards were concerned.

Lincoln was a Republican also.  History shows the Republicans at the time were the party of big federal centralized government,  The Democrats were the conservative, states rights party.

Not even remotely true.  The Republican platform of 1860...which is easy to find if you bothered to look it up...was 80% based upon the limitation of slavery into the territories.  Everything else- tariffs, building a transcontinental railroad,, etc. many Democrats had no beef with.  Louisiana supporter tariffs because it protected their own sugar industry and the south wanted a transcontinental railroad too but they wanted it to run through southern states instead.

It was the Civil war itself that caused a centralized government, and that was because a centralized gov't was needed to conduct the war.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Feds honor a woman who wanted to participate in a raid on a Federal arsenal at Harpers Ferry...but couldn't participate because she was sick.

I think she's a good choice to be "honoroed," but putting her on a worthless paper note backed by the full faith and credit of the most indebted nation in world history which has no hope of ever getting out of its fiscal hole? Umm, o.k.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
#1  First EBT card   #2  First section 8 home    # First free telephone.  That's all I got.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1) Large movement to put a woman on the money.
2) Large movement to remove Jackson, as he was a dick.
3) Genius move to select a minority woman who conservatives, who might otherwise poo-poo the first item, could really get behind, while also appeasing the other crowds.
4) Should have been win/win, but some people can't help themselves.
View Quote

This is where I'm at with this.

And who is on the $20 is even below trannies in bathrooms on my give a fuck list, and that is pretty damn low on my list.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
"Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough, or if your names Barack Obama"  Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
"Lawd, the dogs been running after us all night...please send me an AR15 and some 5.56 hollow points so I can make it to the north."  

-Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
" Take it out... I have to poop!"  - Liberace
" I love me some sweet samiches" - Mama Cass
" I am ok to drive!"   - Ted Kennedy
" Want to try a skittle?"   - Bill Cosby
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Or maybe - just maybe - the reasons some liberals want to honor her is the same reason some conservatives want to honor her. Or even the reasons Liberals honor her may be different on why a conservative would as well. But they can both agree she is worthy of honor. We have to fucking politicize EVERYTHING now? It wasn't that long ago bi-partisanship was an actual thing.

Jesus Christ. You can LIKE or AGREE on something a liberal does and it doesn't make it that they win.

Liberals also enjoy breathing oxygen and fucking. I assume you abstain from those liberal behaviors then?
View Quote

Fucking in itself, no.  Fining a bakery in Oregon $50,000 for not wanting to have anything to do with men fucking each other, I most certainly have an issue with.  Who do YOU think is responsible for shit like that, Liberals or Conservtives?

If you're thinking we're living in an era where everything isn't becoming politicized, then I think you missed the train stop for Mayberry.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Where is my obama phone?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

3) Genius move to select a minority woman who conservatives, who might otherwise poo-poo the first item, could really get behind, while also appeasing the other crowds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a broke government we do not need to spend the millions required to retool for a change in the twenty. leave it alone.

Despite Tubman's undoubted place in history and who is worthy of honor, this pretty much sums it up.

Why are we displacing people who have been on these notes for decades, simply for the sake of doing it?  For change?  Why, exactly?

The re-tooling argument has some merit, assuming that they could still have security updates and this Braille thing they're on at the moment without re-tooling everything anyway.

I just don't understand why the government finds it necessary to change this and change that, for virtually no reason.  I mean, it's analogous to saying "hmm, I think we should replace the stars on the American flag with asterisks.  After all, the stars have had their run and we should change it up a little."  It's fucking dumb.

Want something more useful?  Make a new bill.  $200 or something and put Tubman on it, or whoever you want.  But this is ridiculous.

As I say, I think Tubman is a great choice for this sort of thing.  But I don't believe in change for the sake of change, and that's exactly what we have here.

Remove Jackson because he was a dick?  Frankly, that's ridiculous.  It's exactly the type of thing we have going on from every SJW out there at the moment to remove any and all monuments and names of people who were so-called "dicks" in the past.  Basically, anyone who was a confederate is subject to dismantling.  Rip down the statues, re-name the schools, strike their likeness from print (see the $20 bill), etc.  It's also exactly like the crusade against the confederate flag waged a few months back.

I'm not a fan of change for virtually no reason whatsoever, just to say it's been changed.  And I'm not a fan of ripping apart American history, simply because some people think that some of the players were "dicks."

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whats goin on in....Oh Lawd!
View Quote

Damn! Came here to say that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Despite Tubman's undoubted place in history and who is worthy of honor, this pretty much sums it up.

Why are we displacing people who have been on these notes for decades, simply for the sake of doing it?  For change?  Why, exactly?

The re-tooling argument has some merit, assuming that they could still have security updates and this Braille thing they're on at the moment without re-tooling everything anyway.

I just don't understand why the government finds it necessary to change this and change that, for virtually no reason.  I mean, it's analogous to saying "hmm, I think we should replace the stars on the American flag with asterisks.  After all, the stars have had their run and we should change it up a little."  It's fucking dumb.

Want something more useful?  Make a new bill.  $200 or something and put Tubman on it, or whoever you want.  But this is ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a broke government we do not need to spend the millions required to retool for a change in the twenty. leave it alone.

So I assume it was also a wast of money to alter the design in 1948, 1950, 1963, 1969, 1977, 1992, 1999, and 2003?

You realize they change the money every decade or two right? They also update the machines. Engraving plates also wear out over time. And they make changes and add security features to prevent counterfeiters.

2003 was the last change to the 20 so we were overdue to an update anyway. It isn't a retarded move to change things for SJW or what other stupid conspiracy people are concocting.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So I assume it was also a wast of money to alter the design in 1948, 1950, 1963, 1969, 1977, 1992, 1999, and 2003?

You realize they change the money every decade or two right? They also update the machines. Engraving plates also wear out over time. And they make changes and add security features to prevent counterfeiters.

2003 was the last change to the 20 so we were overdue to an update anyway. It isn't a retarded move to change things for SJW or what other stupid conspiracy people are concocting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those changes were made because they wanted the security features updated, right?  Or to change them slightly to prevent counterfeiting.  I admit, I'm not all that familiar with the history of currency, but how long has Jackson been on the bill?  How many revisions did he survive?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
"Civil disobedience doesn't include blowing people up. "- Ricardo Tubbs

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah girl, earn that $20 to liberate the chains of that nursing school tuition.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Methinks you have a reading comprehension problem.  I never said I had a beef with Tubman being on the $20.  My point is that the Libtards chose her because of her race and gender over anything she actually accomplished.  If they fully understood she was a Republican who said SCREW YOU to Democrat government authority they would have dropped her like roadkill too.  Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the choices for going on currency along with Tubman.  Do you think she was a candidate because of her exquisite taste in fur stoles or because she was possibly a Lesbian?

I can explain why I would love to see this image on the $20, and I can explain why the Libtards wouldn't.   Do I really need to?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I_Mi_KKOnUI/VxhF7G5cdTI/AAAAAAAAKoU/zeeGuhs_S6wF4k07t7CvJV6Wd3A9hRkAQCK4B/s1600/Harriet%2BTubman.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great choice for the $20 bill. I am surprised she was chosen to tell you the truth.
I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other.        Tubman

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not logic, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes.  The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.

I think it is you who has the touchy feelies. Why isn't she a good choice?

Freedom lover - check
Fought for freedom - check
Injured for freedom - check
Stood up for what is right - check
Promoted voting rights for women  - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

What argument could you possibly have that she isn't a good candidate to be put on the $20?

Oh wait - she's black. Well shit. How you going to rationalize that, huh? Your touchy feelies don't like that, do they?

Methinks you have a reading comprehension problem.  I never said I had a beef with Tubman being on the $20.  My point is that the Libtards chose her because of her race and gender over anything she actually accomplished.  If they fully understood she was a Republican who said SCREW YOU to Democrat government authority they would have dropped her like roadkill too.  Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the choices for going on currency along with Tubman.  Do you think she was a candidate because of her exquisite taste in fur stoles or because she was possibly a Lesbian?

I can explain why I would love to see this image on the $20, and I can explain why the Libtards wouldn't.   Do I really need to?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I_Mi_KKOnUI/VxhF7G5cdTI/AAAAAAAAKoU/zeeGuhs_S6wF4k07t7CvJV6Wd3A9hRkAQCK4B/s1600/Harriet%2BTubman.jpg

That design would look absolutely amazing, but no way on earth they'd ever do that.  It'll be a portrait.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#18]
"My baby din du nuffin, but I'mz 'bout to" Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I luvs me some BBC - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"Civil disobedience doesn't include blowing people up. "- Ricardo Tubbs

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I thought that quote was attributed to Sonny Crockett?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#21]
C'mon guys, lay off the borderline racist fake quotes huh?

I'm not a fan of putting her on the bill, but she was a great American and deserves respect.  That shits fucked up
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fucking nailed it man, she was a badass and I am proud to honor her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not logic, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes.  The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

What argument could you possibly have that she isn't a good candidate to be put on the $20?

Oh wait - she's black. Well shit. How you going to rationalize that, huh? Your touchy feelies don't like that, do they?

Strong.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
C'mon guys, lay off the borderline racist fake quotes huh?

I'm not a fan of putting her on the bill, but she was a great American and deserves respect.  That shits fucked up
View Quote

Fake Quote: “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
Original Quote: There is no original quote for this. This quote was entirely made up in 2007. There is no documentation, nor historical basis for this quote.

Fake Quote: “I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.”
Original Quote: There is no original quote for this. This quote was entirely made up, and became popularized starting sometime in the the 1990s. There is no documentation, nor historical basis for this quote.

Fake Quote: “Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going”
Original Quote: There is no original quote for this. This quote was entirely made up, and became popularized in the 1960s during the Civil Rights Movement. There is no documentation, nor historical basis for this quote.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#24]
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you". -Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you". -Harriet Tubman
View Quote

"Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land.".  -Harriet Tubman

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#26]
"What we're dealin with here is a complete lack of respect for the law." - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#27]
The butthurt over the $20 bill thing has been hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Or maybe - just maybe - the reasons some liberals want to honor her is the same reason some conservatives want to honor her. Or even the reasons Liberals honor her may be different on why a conservative would as well. But they can both agree she is worthy of honor. We have to fucking politicize EVERYTHING now? It wasn't that long ago bi-partisanship was an actual thing.

Jesus Christ. You can LIKE or AGREE on something a liberal does and it doesn't make it that they win.

Liberals also enjoy breathing oxygen and fucking. I assume you abstain from those liberal behaviors then?
View Quote

I am curious, I don't know this.  What countries have people other than heads of state and government officials on their currency?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#29]
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit." - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I shoulda been on the $40 - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The butthurt over the $20 bill thing has been hilarious.
View Quote

This.  Anyone who doesn't want their Tubman $20's feel free to send them to me.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

I would be to only no one is being honored here, this is pandering at its absolute worst.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I love her Louisiana fast fried chicken
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Freedom lover - check

Christian - check

gun user - check

Republican - check

Damn, I'll take five of those.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I'ma let you finish but..................can we all just get along? - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasn't she like the leading contender when this was first announced?  Besides the he-she.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am curious, I don't know this.  What countries have people other than heads of state and government officials on their currency?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eritrea has random Eritreans on their currency.  Switzerland has non heads of state on their currency.  Jorge Isaacs is on a Columbian bill.  NZ has or at least had the first dude who climbed Everest on a bill.  

And the Tubman Twenties will be our actively issued paper bill that has a non-head of state on it ($10 and $100).
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#38]
A member posted a day or so ago that Harriet Tubman was a true Tier 1 Operator.  After reading a bit about her, I have to agree.  She did things that we now employ Special Forces or Delta teams to do, and she did it entirely on her own with very little help.  It cannot have been an easy thing to go a couple of states away, mostly by foot, into enemy territory, and guide back a fairly large number of people to freedom without any of them being killed or captured.  That took some real bravery and self sacrifice.  And for the non-believers, she had exceptionally strong religious faith and believed that God was calling to her to do these things.  She was also instrumental in leading a raiding party of Union troops to liberate a large number of slaves during the Civil War, along with being a nurse to wounded soldiers.

Another example of her badass-ness.  She had to have brain surgery later in life, due to a slave owner hitting her in the head many years earlier with a thrown 2 pound steel object.  She had the surgery with no anesthetic, with the surgeon sawing open her skull.  She bit down on a bullet during the surgery like she had seen the wounded do during the War when getting limbs sawed off.  Think about that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#39]
"You know the thing about a shark is he's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a dolls eyes." - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Europe is rife with them.  France used to have Gustave Eiffel (the guy who built the tower) on their currency and Germany had a bunch of scientists and mathematicians on theirs, before they went the Euro.

Ready to have your mind blown?  This is what the US one dollar bill looked like in 1896::

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#41]
"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not reason, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes. The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

Heck, I'll even put money on the Libtards not even knowing Tubman was a Republican.   They are low-information voters and they have been indoctrinated into thinking DEMOCRATS GOOD, REPUBLICANS BAD too thoroughly.  I remember how they were championing how courageous Caitlyn Jenner was for coming out as a teans-woman...until the moment she/he/whatever admitted being a Republican.  Jenner might as well been roadkill as far as the Libtards were concerned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it so surprising?  Libtards make decisions according to touchy feelies, not reason, and they picked Tubman because she was the perfect person to placate Obama's reverse racist hordes. The reason why they put her on the $20 and not the $10 as they originally intended is entirely due to that Broadwaty musical making Hamilton look cool.  It's Touchy Feelies influencing  the decision making process again.

The impression I have gotten so far is there is a substantial section of the BLM types who are also offended by the Tubman choice. In other words, you cant win.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

Oh wait - she's black.
Well shit. How you going to rationalize that, huh? Your touchy feelies don't like that, do they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

Oh wait - she's black.
Well shit. How you going to rationalize that, huh? Your touchy feelies don't like that, do they?

lol...how you got from there to here is beyond me...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not to mention what do you think the average life span of one of these is going to be?   How many Sharpie artists are going to be adding some "character" to the new bills?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention what do you think the average life span of one of these is going to be?   How many Sharpie artists are going to be adding some "character" to the new bills?

Like we don't see that now?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Given that the Norks probably print as much US currency was we do, think of the heartache this is causing them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#46]
"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!" - Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#47]
"Today was a good day.  I got to use my AK"

- Harriet Tubman
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Describes Lincoln too.   Screw him too.   Oh wait.   He was white.   Guess that racist garbage is a lie.  Actually, I know it is nothing but a lie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom lover - check
Christian - check
gun user - check
Republican - check

Describes Lincoln too.   Screw him too.   Oh wait.   He was white.   Guess that racist garbage is a lie.  Actually, I know it is nothing but a lie.

Lincoln didn't think much of freedom - hence his use of draftees to prevent citizens from freely leaving the federation.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Another example of her badass-ness.  She had to have brain surgery later in life, due to a slave owner hitting her in the head many years earlier with a thrown 2 pound steel object.  She had the surgery with no anesthetic, with the surgeon sawing open her skull.  She bit down on a bullet during the surgery like she had seen the wounded do during the War when getting limbs sawed off.  Think about that.
View Quote

Otherwise known as "standard 1860's medical technology", along with "not washing yours hands in between surgeries" and "Bite into this".
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was expecting to be outraged, but I am actually quite OK with this choice.
View Quote

Same
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top