BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Federal Reserve was created because prior to its creation, the American economy underwent regular panics and banking crises in the late 19th and early 20th century.  The big bankers like J.P. Morgan assumed the responsibility of organizing lines of credit to smaller failing banks.  The ruling class decided to just institutionalize it, to reduce the numbers and frequencies of these panics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do we let a private bank more or less pull the strings on our economy? The Federal Reserve is as a federal as American Express.

I'm not a nutter or trolling, but I've never understood why we give them so much power. Its just a fucking bank.
The Federal Reserve was created because prior to its creation, the American economy underwent regular panics and banking crises in the late 19th and early 20th century.  The big bankers like J.P. Morgan assumed the responsibility of organizing lines of credit to smaller failing banks.  The ruling class decided to just institutionalize it, to reduce the numbers and frequencies of these panics.
Also known as privatizing profits and socializing losses, via inflation.

But that doesn't sell the scam quite as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The real eye opener is that over 13 trillion dollars of government bonds globally are "earning" negative interest.
Try and find precedent for that in any place since they built the pyramids. This time is truly different.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#3]
FFS
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]
all I know about this is Ally lowered my savings acct rate .1% a couple months ago, and as far as I can tell advertised loan rates didn't go down with it (I don't actually look into that, just what I happen to notice on my bank websites and whatnot).
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I found a credit union offering 6% on the first 1K and created an account.

I wonder if that will be very temporary.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And in a strong economy can cause inflation, I don't really feel it's a great sign.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uhhh...cutting rates is going to increase the velocity of money. DJIA 30k will be the next significant support level once the rates change. After that, who knows. Making money cheap to borrow is good for business.
And in a strong economy can cause inflation, I don't really feel it's a great sign.
Inflation is caused by the government printing paper...a form of wealth theft. A good economy increases monetary velocity. When money moves, it is subject to more governmental taxation...more theft of wealth.  Nice racket they've they've trapped us in.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nope. And Trump wont be able to stop whats coming. Math doesnt care about feelings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have not recovered from 2008.
Nope. And Trump wont be able to stop whats coming. Math doesnt care about feelings.
One of these years you guys will be right, and then we will all have to hear "I told you so"
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Orange jackass decided to enact more tariffs out of nowhere, AGAIN.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of these years you guys will be right, and then we will all have to hear "I told you so"
View Quote
I will not be able to say "I told you so" because I will be laughing too hard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The pain will hit us all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you getting rich off the predictions of doom and gloom permabear?  You’ve been wrong for 10 years now. One third of a working career. Everybody else is getting filthy rich, you keep saying just wait..I’ll be right eventually.

Then you can laugh at us for losing 20% of our millions, while still being up more millions even including the loss.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you getting rich off the predictions of doom and gloom permabear?  You’ve been wrong for 10 years now. One third of a working career. Everybody else is getting filthy rich, you keep saying just wait..I’ll be right eventually.

Then you can laugh at us for losing 20% of our millions, while still being up more millions even including the loss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really like to taught your luck in the market. I am really curious what you do for a living.

And the math still says I’m on the right side of things. Medicare annual report...
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You really like to taught your luck in the market. I am really curious what you do for a living.

And the math still says I’m on the right side of things. Medicare annual report...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

30 years of returns isn’t fucking luck. It’s recorded history. Thanks for bumping my SYK. I profit off you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is good for Bitcoin.
View Quote
Told you so, beeyotches.

Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Poor old boy is down 9% this last week.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top