Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/14/2021 9:52:49 AM EDT
Orange Park man had over a thousand devices that turn AR-15s into machine guns, feds say

" Ervin was involved with a website that sold metal devices shaped similar to credit cards that can make an AR-15 rifle fire automatically like a machine gun."

"Ervin encouraged people to buy the “AR related” devices now in case they went off the market."

“It only gets worse from here. Get ready. Get it and save it in your wallet,”
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
What a leather belt?  His finger?  Everything is an assault weapon now anyway.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
How many times are they going to "arrest" this poor guy?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
From the article, what is this - a guy singing in his cubicle?  FFS reread your commie propaganda...

A court filing March 3 said Ervin was involved with a website that sold metal devices shaped similar to credit cards that can make an AR-15 rifle fire automatically like a machine gun. The products were built to different sizes, such as a business bard and a pen holder, priced from $80 to $139.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I feel safer...
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#6]
For the sake of innocent buyers, I hope he didn’t keep customer records and sent them using cash or stamps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Mega dupe but for those who didn't know, they were metal cards with the parts for a lightning link outlined on them so they could be easily dremeled out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#8]
lol.  Illegal stencils. Clown world.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the sake of innocent buyers, I hope he didn’t keep customer records and sent them using cash or stamps.
View Quote

Lavrentiy Beria laughs at your notion of "innocent buyers," comrade!

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Rubber bands?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#11]
These stories are generated to push the narrative that AR15s are machine guns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Thought crime...

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/autokeycard-com-seized-by-atf-owner-arrested-for-selling-a-drawing/

JACKSONVILLE, FL -(Ammoland.com)- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) and the United States Postal Inspection Service has arrested a Florida man and seized his websites (autokeycard.com and autokeycards.com) for selling a drawing on a piece of metal.

The ATF raided and arrested Kristopher Justin Ervin, 41, of Jacksonville, FL, for manufacturing machine guns. Ervin did not sell or make any firearms.

The man sold a credit card-sized piece of metal with an outline of a lightning link.

A lightning link is a piece of metal that a user bends to drop into an AR15. When engaged, the lightning link transforms the firearm into a fully automatic machine gun. The ATF recently busted a West Virginia man for selling 3D printed “portal wall hangers” that buyers could use as a drop-in auto sear (DIAS).

Ervin sold his product as a novelty. The autokey card did have a drawing of a lightning link on the surface, but it was far from finished. For a person to use the device in a gun, the end-user would have cut out the lightning link and bend the metal before they could use it in an AR15. The owner of the company did not even etch the lightning link on the piece of metal. It was just an outline

Ervin took orders from customers via a printable order form that the user would mail into the company with payment (money order or cash). The company then would send out the card to the end-user. The United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida approved the seizure warrants for the company websites. Since the company did business through the United States Postal Service (USPS), the Postal Inspection Service joined the ATF in the case.

The ATF said the company violated 26 U.S.C. §§ 5845, 5861. The statute says it is a violation of federal law to manufacture, receive, transport, and/or deliver a machinegun not registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record.

The ATF admits that Ervin did not sell a complete machine gun but did point to 26 U.S.C. §§ 5845(b).

Under that subsection, it is illegal to possess “any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun.” The ATF did not buy that Ervin was selling the autokey card as a novelty. The law enforcement agency will probably not extend that defense to gun owners that purchased the auto keycard off the man’s website.

The ATF says that anyone who owns an auto keycard purchased from the site violates the National Firearms Act (NFA). The agency will charge anyone busted with the device with a federal felony. Gun owners can face ten years in prison, and a fine of up to $250,000 per device owned. Since most people purchased multiple cards, the penalties could add up and be very costly.

The ATF asks anyone who has an autokey card to contact their local ATF office. By contacting the ATF, gun owners are not avoiding prosecution. The ATF does not promise amnesty from charges. AmmoLand News recommends that owners of autokey cards should contact a lawyer before contacting the ATF.

One lawyer who specializes in firearms told AmmoLand News off the record that he wouldn’t want to be the prosecutor in the case, but knowing the court system’s makeup, he also would not want to be the one being charged with the crime either.

The ATF did not return AmmoLand News’s calls for comment.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mega dupe but for those who didn't know, they were metal cards with the parts for a lightning link outlined on them so they could be easily dremeled out.
View Quote

So...........all the graphics of those now are illegal, you know, the hundreds you can run a search for and find?  It ain't brain surgery to find them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#14]
He sold shoe-strings at the seashore?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#15]
He got arrested for a picture in the last thread.....

At least this time he actually had "stuff".

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lavrentiy Beria laughs at your notion of "innocent buyers," comrade!

View Quote

"Give me the man and I'll find the crime."
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Total bullshit.

But, our courts and politicians are also total bullshit so this guy is gonna get fucked.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

...this guy is gonna get fucked.
View Quote

Ya think?

His court appointed mouthpiece is probably telling him right now to accept any plea deal that gets offered.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Once again using usps
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#20]
so if you drew a lighting link on a piece of paper, shit, if you had a PDF of a lighting link, are they saying the PLAN for a machine gun is now a machine gun - just the knowledge?   that sure sounds like thought crime to me.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#21]
The ATF will go after you if you put a stencil marking for the 3rd hole on any AR15.
Does this surprise anyone?

While I think it's bulshit, it's what the ATF does, and no one stops them..

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
so if you drew a lighting link on a piece of paper, shit, if you had a PDF of a lighting link, are they saying the PLAN for a machine gun is now a machine gun - just the knowledge?   that sure sounds like thought crime to me.  
View Quote

That's not really representing the situation, although the absurdity of it all is really on point.

You can own jigs that make any of these class II parts, just don't have a part marked as if you intend to make it.

NFA prosecutions in this case require a basis of intent to construct a regulated part. Owning tools to make them is not intent alone, but marking a part for completion is.

Within the verbiage of the law, it does sound like intent to manufacture a regulated part.

The absurdity of it all, if he had created a jig, basically a reverse cutout for a Lighting Link, he would have avoided this all. And he could have supplied the blank metal as a seperate item.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#23]
This is news to me
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can make a functioning origami sift link by folding paper.  You don't even need to have the plan on the paper, you just need the paper.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

Should I expect a knock on the door soon for posting this meme?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Da comrade, Biden wills it
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#28]
They need to arrest Corvette owners for racing and speeding because they obviously can and bought the cars for that purpose.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
All for a bag of rubber bands
View Quote

501 pairs of shoes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#30]
So the media is now admitting that AR-15s are *not* machine guns?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They need to arrest Corvette owners for racing and speeding because they obviously can and bought the cars for that purpose.
View Quote

Around here the average Vette owner is a sixty something guy with grey chest hair sprouting from his Hawaiian shirt, doing 5 MPH under the speed limit, while shitbox cars whizz around him left and right.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't any of you guy watch our Youtube shows?

[ARFCOM NEWS] Did ATF Seriously Just Arrest A Man For A Picture Of Machine Gun Parts?!?

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let the OP think he was bringing news to the GD as he rarely posts and this one was number 87 for him
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#35]
The ATF asks anyone who has an autokey card to contact their local ATF office. By contacting the ATF, gun owners are not avoiding prosecution. The ATF does not promise amnesty from charges.
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

LOL.
View Quote

You noticed that too, eh?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

Please hand us evidence to support our suspicion that you have committed a crime.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Dissin someone in rap lyrics has killed more people than any inscribed metal card.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL.
View Quote
I just read that to my GF and she said: "Ill contact you with my dick."
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow, talk about some biased and libelous reporting...
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#41]
A few years or so back this business card thing was posted here on teh GD and it was discussed back then how this could be a potential problem.  Now it has become a real problem.

I like the paragraph in that story above about how the ATF wants owners of the key card to call the ATF, but ATF does not promise no prosecution.  How stupid do they really think those people are?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Not guilty as per 2A
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Department of Prior Restraint handles that, Sir.

Down that hall, and the third door on the right.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Please hand us evidence to support our suspicion that you have committed a crime.
View Quote
"We really do appreciate your honesty, but we will stick it up your ass anyway."

"Oh, and have a nice day."
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds scary.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Just a picture on a piece of metal My kid could draw it
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Yet violent felons use firearms to commit more violent felonies and they aren't charged. I'm thankful for work those brave men and women do.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#49]
This is total BS, but I also don’t get why the ATF has such a hard on against machine guns.

Are they arresting people for having a tick mark on a barrel marking it under 16” and a hacksaw in their garage?  It’s the exact same law.

They act like turning an AR15 into an MG takes it from a benign target rifle to a nuclear weapon.

It’s just silly at this point.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Yet government corruption goes unchecked.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top