Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Dimensioned drawings for swift links, lightning links, and DIAS need to be proliferated everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's not really representing the situation, although the absurdity of it all is really on point.

You can own jigs that make any of these class II parts, just don't have a part marked as if you intend to make it.

NFA prosecutions in this case require a basis of intent to construct a regulated part. Owning tools to make them is not intent alone, but marking a part for completion is.

Within the verbiage of the law, it does sound like intent to manufacture a regulated part.

The absurdity of it all, if he had created a jig, basically a reverse cutout for a Lighting Link, he would have avoided this all. And he could have supplied the blank metal as a seperate item.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so if you drew a lighting link on a piece of paper, shit, if you had a PDF of a lighting link, are they saying the PLAN for a machine gun is now a machine gun - just the knowledge?   that sure sounds like thought crime to me.  

That's not really representing the situation, although the absurdity of it all is really on point.

You can own jigs that make any of these class II parts, just don't have a part marked as if you intend to make it.

NFA prosecutions in this case require a basis of intent to construct a regulated part. Owning tools to make them is not intent alone, but marking a part for completion is.

Within the verbiage of the law, it does sound like intent to manufacture a regulated part.

The absurdity of it all, if he had created a jig, basically a reverse cutout for a Lighting Link, he would have avoided this all. And he could have supplied the blank metal as a seperate item.

Or if he just sold plastic lightning links.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 1980’s book with all the plans to make a sten gun . Are books banned now too ? It even has full size templates in it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Everybody should be able to have the ability to fire full auto even though it's a complete waste for the vast majority of people. Unless you have access to vast supplies of ammo and are part of a fire and maneuver element or built up static defense.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It requires a certain personality type and mindset to want to be a BATF Agent.
View Quote

Asshole

The world is full of them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I investigated myself and found no wrong doing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Let the OP think he was bringing news to the GD as he rarely posts and this one was number 87 for him
View Quote

Thanks man, I try to contribute whenever I can. I actually did a search before posting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Around here the average Vette owner is a sixty something guy with grey chest hair sprouting from his Hawaiian shirt, doing 5 MPH under the speed limit, while shitbox cars whizz around him left and right.

Just saying.
View Quote

Obviously my statement went right over your head.  

They should not arrest people for crimes they could commit vs crimes they have committed.  

My state it is illegal t hunt coyotes with a center fire on state land except during deer season because you could poach a deer. Even though you have a yore decoy and call squealing and you have a 5.56 loaded with ammo specific to varmits. But, you could poach a deer.  How about arrest poachers.  

Same goes for this guy's product or sports car owners.  No crime has been committed buy etching to card. Cut it out, yep you broke the law
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The bit the arrow is pointing to is the part that interacts with a swift link / lightning link / auto sear to make an AR fire full auto:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260765/65218-4e8969be5d458964e06c60989c82f0e2_j-1865365.JPG

View Quote

Neither one of those BCAs will work with a lightning link.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Is my rock river ar now an 81% machine gun?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn. Shoulda bought one when I had the chance.
View Quote

Your avatar makes me horny.

Me so horny!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Does that thing work with a standard AR or do you also have to insert other M-16  parts for it to work. Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Around here the average Vette owner is a sixty something guy with grey chest hair sprouting from his Hawaiian shirt, doing 5 MPH under the speed limit, while shitbox cars whizz around him left and right.

Just saying.
View Quote

I passed a pristine C5 convertible slowly being driven by a septugenarian in a yuppish gated PUD.  He was going 10 mph and I 18mph, in a 20 zone.

I got to a light and he rolled up next to me and honked his horn.  I put my passenger window down and he was blah blah blah YOU PASSED me on a curve!  WE DONT DRIVE LIKE THAT IN BRIDGE VIEW" In his ghey condensending accent.

I blankly stared at him and said, NO THANK YOU IM STRAIGHT.  I AM NOT INTERESTED IN GHEY ORAL SEX FROM YOU.  REALLY IM FLATTERED BUT JUST NOT IN TO THAT...and the dude had a kaniption as the light turned green and I rolled away
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#14]
So, if the ATF isn't offering an "amnesty" to those who purchased it....
They can't require or request the owners to contact them, can they?  I mean 5th Amendment protection against self-incrimination.....

US v Haynes similar?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These stories are generated to push the narrative that AR15s are machine guns.
View Quote

Get ready for a bunch more in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I passed a pristine C5 convertible slowly being driven by a septugenarian in a yuppish gated PUD.  He was going 10 mph and I 18mph, in a 20 zone.

I got to a light and he rolled up next to me and honked his horn.  I put my passenger window down and he was blah blah blah YOU PASSED me on a curve!  WE DONT DRIVE LIKE THAT IN BRIDGE VIEW" In his ghey condensending accent.

I blankly stared at him and said, NO THANK YOU IM STRAIGHT.  I AM NOT INTERESTED IN GHEY ORAL SEX FROM YOU.  REALLY IM FLATTERED BUT JUST NOT IN TO THAT...and the dude had a kaniption as the light turned green and I rolled away
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.

Perfect!

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why are the only two state names ever in titles Texas and California?
View Quote

Florida?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#18]
This guy had an Instagram page.

I posted a thread asking if anyone had heard of the "autokey card".
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if this is the guy who was selling what amounted to 80 percent lightning links several years back. Description sounds right.

IIRC they wanted a money order, made out to cash and they sent a piece of metal with lines scribed on it telling you where to bend.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are your thoughts on 3d print files? Your interpretation could mean the end of certain 3d print files being legal and then all of them with easy legislation. Has traditionally been protected but the first amendment, as should these cards.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is total BS, but I also don’t get why the ATF has such a hard on against machine guns.

Are they arresting people for having a tick mark on a barrel marking it under 16” and a hacksaw in their garage?  It’s the exact same law.

They act like turning an AR15 into an MG takes it from a benign target rifle to a nuclear weapon.

It’s just silly at this point.
View Quote

Hell, a vent rib barrel has several marks, factory installed for cutting. Just cut at the rib support you like.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dimensioned drawings for swift links, lightning links, and DIAS need to be proliferated everywhere.
View Quote

Would be to bad if thousands of these pen holders were handed out at every gun shop. Like business cards
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope every agent and prosecutor involved develops the most painful, lingering, uncurable form of cancer possible.

I hope they all die a slow, horrible death.  In perfect possession of their mental faculties so they can realize the extent of whats happening to them and appreciate every last second of the pain.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like how a lot of you guys think everyone you disagree with is a communist.
View Quote

Not all of them are communists. Some of them are jihadis.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts on 3d print files? Your interpretation could mean the end of certain 3d print files being legal and then all of them with easy legislation. Has traditionally been protected but the first amendment, as should these cards.
View Quote

Intent will always be a Grey area of the law. How intent is proved in a court will be the grand factor here. Whether its a digital file or physical blue prints, seems the same to me. The ATF has never gone after the analogs, so I don't see them going for the digital copies.

Intent to manufacture a class II item doesn't have a standard. However, so far they have only gone after parts, since that is the primary component in the law. The law doesn't list "files" blue prints or tools(jigs). So if you're going to be charged I believe there must be a physical part present, and it can be shown you intend to make it class II.

So.. this guy could have just sold fucking stickers with the cutouts for a LL... would have been legal. But instead he sold the actual part, and marked it for someone to complete.  It would be incredibly hard to prove there was ANY other intent behind what he sold.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Intent will always be a Grey area of the law. How intent is proved in a court will be the grand factor here. Whether its a digital file or physical blue prints, seems the same to me. The ATF has never gone after the analogs, so I don't see them going for the digital copies.

Intent to manufacture a class II item doesn't have a standard. However, so far they have only gone after parts, since that is the primary component in the law. The law doesn't list "files" blue prints or tools(jigs). So if you're going to be charged I believe there must be a physical part present, and it can be shown you intend to make it class II.

So.. this guy could have just sold fucking stickers with the cutouts for a LL... would have been legal. But instead he sold the actual part, and marked it for someone to complete.  It would be incredibly hard to prove there was ANY other intent behind what he sold.
View Quote

He sold flat pieces of metal with information on them.   Lets not tie ourselves up in knots trying to justify a bunch of bullshit that was never constitutional in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]
The Occupational government is so frightened it doesn't want anyone to even have metal that "might" be turned into lightning links.  They are scared.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I have three thumbs and even my non mechanical ass can easily fashion a lightning link from what is available online. It's all online.  Heck, I bet I can fashion one with some wire ships and thin sheet metal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Are we going to protest and blow up their phone lines or just sit and shake our heads?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck the ATF.
Thats a news headline for scared Karens and dumbasses.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He sold flat pieces of metal with information on them.   Lets not tie ourselves up in knots trying to justify a bunch of bullshit that was never constitutional in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a metal business card size piece that is pre-cut so you punch out the needed piece and bend it then install it.

He called them pen holders. Kinda like solvent traps.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Point is the law exists and the ATF has drawn a line with marking parts.
It's not my justification, but if you want to fuck with the NFA good luck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't any of you guy watch our Youtube shows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vCNzgljU_8
View Quote

No because of the guys annoying looking face in every picture in which he is depicted.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is total BS, but I also don’t get why the ATF has such a hard on against machine guns.

Are they arresting people for having a tick mark on a barrel marking it under 16” and a hacksaw in their garage?  It’s the exact same law.

They act like turning an AR15 into an MG takes it from a benign target rifle to a nuclear weapon.

It’s just silly at this point.
View Quote

It's about control and justifying bigger budgets.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Mega dupe but for those who didn't know, they were metal cards with the parts for a lightning link outlined on them so they could be easily dremeled out.
View Quote
What's to stop someone from 3D printing a lightning link?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a 1980's book with all the plans to make a sten gun . Are books banned now too ? It even has full size templates in it.
View Quote
Hide yer dag
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't have time to read this, I have a meeting with Hunter to smoke crack and have sex with under ages.  Suppose to discuss the vast opportunities in the Ukraine that have become even more profitable since Daddy bidden is  a higher up official.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Glad I didn't buy one of those things, hell I'd not even heard of them before now, but fuck the ATF with a rusty coat hanger.

When will gun owners finally band together and say enough?

We don't need to be violent, but we can put a stop to this bullshit.

The left organizes and gathers to stop things they don't like, but we can't be bothered.

Soon they will come for this site, and anything and everything you've ever said will be used against us all.
View Quote

The left can block off an ICE detention center, set things on fire,  and threaten violence for weeks and nothing will happen.
If we show up and protest the ATF with happy little signs and then clean up the park after ourselves we will be hunted down by all means available and labeled domestic terrorists.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I think it was a bit more difficult than just "punching out"
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's a metal business card size piece that is pre-cut so you punch out the needed piece and bend it then install it.

He called them pen holders. Kinda like solvent traps.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179550/E87A370E-D452-428E-BFE8-C79B99B2CFB8-1866070.png
View Quote

They look anneal-marked to me.  

"punch out the needed piece"

Can you describe that step for me?   In what way is it "punched out?"    It looks alot like a fucking mess of bent shit waiting to happen if you try to punch that out with a hammer and punch over a hole.   You could maybe "cut" it out with a cold chisel an a hammer using the lines as a guide.   Which makes them alot more like information placed on a piece of metal than a part in and of itself.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's to stop someone from 3D printing a lightning link?
View Quote

Nothing at all.

But it would be alot easier to just make one out of a piece of spring steel and a drill press and hand file.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They need to arrest Corvette owners for racing and speeding because they obviously can and bought the cars for that purpose.
View Quote

Don’t worry, EPA is all over that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:38:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]
"It is the nature of governments to become and remain corrupt, because only the most venal among men are attracted to governing."  (Me, 2021)

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top