Quoted:
View Quote
Wow. I must've missed that part...
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Slept through grade school civics?

If a bill barely passes in congress, then the Presidential veto kills it.   There isn't enough support for gun control to get a veto-proof 2/3 majority in either house of congress.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If a bill barely passes in congress, then the Presidential veto kills it.   There isn't enough support for gun control to get a veto-proof 2/3 majority in either house of congress.
Quoted:

If the Republicans in the Congress vote for it & President Trump Vetos it, Republicans will still lose the House & Senate. PDJT gets Impeached, hello uncivil war.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dianne Feinstein has got to be laughing her ass off right now.
View Quote
Go on her Twitter

To say that she is giddy right not would be an understatement
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We're fucked now that the Dems struck a deal with Trump to call off Mueller in exchange for an AWB.
View Quote
Stop it.  Just stop it.  Stop coming up with bullshit reasons why what Trump said isn't Trump's fault.

This is who Trump is.  There is no fucking 4D chess.  Trump isn't a deep thinker about any of these issues.  He agrees with every fucking person he talks to. He always has.  Therefore, what Trump believes at any given moment is whatever the last person he talked to wanted to hear.  It's that simple.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love the fact that your assigning all the responsibility of this to congress and the senate but none to Trump.  It's quite telling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Republican in Congress vote for it, it will not matter.
I love the fact that your assigning all the responsibility of this to congress and the senate but none to Trump.  It's quite telling.
And if Congress kills any gun control measures it's going to be all "MAGA!!" "4D CHESS" "Trump train yeaaaaah!!!!" no matter how bad Trump sincerely wanted it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bullshit.  Republicans will be discouraged by the obvious truth that neither party can be trusted.  People in RINO districts will stay home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Republican base needs to be stirred up for the General, that cackling cunt pushing gun control will save a seat or two and cost the Dems seats.
Bullshit.  Republicans will be discouraged by the obvious truth that neither party can be trusted.  People in RINO districts will stay home.
That is assuming the RINOs vote for it. If the Republicans kill this, which they should get n the first vote, then campaign against Democrats wanting to ban your guns, which is how they campaign, they win. If they vote for it, then screw them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stop it.  Just stop it.  Stop coming up with bullshit reasons why what Trump said isn't Trump's fault.

This is who Trump is.  There is no fucking 4D chess.  Trump isn't a deep thinker about any of these issues.  He agrees with every fucking person he talks to. He always has.  Therefore, what Trump believes at any given moment is whatever the last person he talked to wanted to hear.  It's that simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're fucked now that the Dems struck a deal with Trump to call off Mueller in exchange for an AWB.

Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm guessing Feinstein somehow isn't part of the swamp that was going to be drained up until last week?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Trump is setting them up for the mid-term elections.  This is a common tactic that he uses.  I'm surprised the demorats keep falling for it.
View Quote
Why not the many people on GD do.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif
By all means.  Tell me how today's shit show was another move in Trump's game of 4D chess.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shameful
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Republican base needs to be stirred up for the General, that cackling cunt pushing gun control will save a seat or two and cost the Dems seats.
Shameful
Shameful is losing the House and actually seeing gun control passed. Let that bitch use this for her Senate campaign stir up the Dems in the Congress while the Republican s kill it,assuming they are not retarded. It will also give the base the chance to see who needs to be retired.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#12]
go back and watch trump's pro gun speeches. Hell, just watch him at cpac a few days ago, or the state of the union address.  He is a fucking liar and a con artist.

I suspect he saw the very latest polls saying his approval ratings are slipping backwards and someone probably told him it's because of guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why did he not want to put CCW reciprocity in it?

His reasoning TWICE was that Dems and Feinstein would vote against the bill and he really really wants to pass this gun control bill because "something has to be done"

Also denounced the NRA multiple times
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wants everything rolled into one bill - "comprehensive" is the word he used.  That sure looks like a poison pill to me.
Why did he not want to put CCW reciprocity in it?

His reasoning TWICE was that Dems and Feinstein would vote against the bill and he really really wants to pass this gun control bill because "something has to be done"

Also denounced the NRA multiple times
Because Feinstein is going to try to get an AW ban in it and the Republican are going to be pressured to kill the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trump is setting them up for the mid-term elections.  This is a common tactic that he uses.  I'm surprised the demorats keep falling for it.
View Quote
I want to be there when it happens.  I want to see the look on your faces when finally you realize ....... "Holy shit .... this whole time ...... I've ..... I've been in a cult".
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It has always been my fundamental perception that Donald Trump is a clueless asshole whose main talent is breezily saying whatever he thinks people want to hear.

It shocks me that some of you are just now figuring this out.

It has always been my fundamental perception that Donald Trump has no bedrock principles, certainly no deep understanding of Constitutional truths, and that he will do whatever makes him the center of attention at any given moment.

Oh well.

Maybe an adult in the room will clue him in as to why his base is suddenly so pissed off.
View Quote
This is the truest assessment I've read thus far.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#17]
So much for Trump praising the guy who shot back at the church shooter.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If that bitch is smiling, we're losing bigly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She doesn't see she is being set up, it is obvious.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#19]
"I like to take the guns early" - Donald J. Trump
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

She doesn't see she is being set up, it is obvious.
View Quote
This would be humorous if so much wasn't at stake.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Never thought I'd quote rap lyrics in a political discussion.

So what they do? Go and ban the AK My shit wasn't registered any fucking way
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions." -John F. Kennedy

"The only thing to fear is, fear itself." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." -Abraham Lincoln

"The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away." -Ronald Reagan

Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Contact your representatives.

This doesn’t pass if it gets killed in the House/senate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So when. Is the profile pic changing gym?
View Quote
Gym’s been on and off the Trump train so often he’s practically getting a railroad pension at this point.

That said, no AWB is getting passed. Trump will roll over in a day or so once his handlers put enough KFC in his hands and SuperTivo Fox and Friends on to explain what he’s supposed to believe this week the all the MAGAtards will get to claim omnisexual 7D Hungry Hungry Hippos for a week or two until he goes off script again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
God, I hope you are right.

I don't think anybody on this site supported Trump any more than I did....   I did EARLY on in the primaries.

I gave money multiple times.

I shit posted in the meme war.

I did all I could for Trump.

I DO NOT want to have to say that I was wrong.

I still cling to the hope that we are able to stack to USSC with good guys after Kennedy retires and RBG dies a violent shitting death.

Come on KEK....
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Technically we already do that.  If a women were to walk into a police station and accuse you of threatening her.  In alot of states, the police will come and take your guns away and charge you.  Many places if you are charged with domestic abuse, harassment, threatening 2a rights are instantly suspended before due process.   Could Trump, in his usual clusterfuck way, be talking about this type of thing?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Edited
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:49:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on with Trump?
View Quote
Trump hasn't changed one bit. He never was pro-gun, look at his ACTIONS over the years. Maybe next time people will think a little more intelligently about the candidates they support? With Republicans controlling all of the executive, all of our pro-2A fantasies should have come true. Suppressors, carry laws, SBRs for all, etc. Instead we might get something worse than Obama tried to do. I was mocked and insulted endlessly here for saying that Trump wasn't pro gun. Even got a warning from a butthurt mod. All followers of the mango messiah should be eating truckloads of crow right now. Make that picture in OP your background. And never vote for a New York liberal.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Lol.  Trump isn't supporting an AWB.  Feinstein introduced a bill to raise age of buying a rifle to 21.

An AWB would kill the bill for sure in both the Senate and House.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:59:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

That is the shit I dealt with on Monday.... except that were all in their teenage years and in massive numbers.

Welcome to seeing evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

That is the shit I dealt with on Monday.... except that were all in their teenage years and in massive numbers.

Welcome to seeing evil.
no kidding, we elected Feinstein's best friend into white house
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#31]
You guys missed the beginning of the meeting with Trump pull out the chair for her so she could sit down.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lol.  Trump isn't supporting an AWB.  Feinstein introduced a bill to raise age of buying a rifle to 21.

An AWB would kill the bill for sure in both the Senate and House.
View Quote
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/dianne-feinstein-introduce-bill-raise-age-buy-rifle-21/#axzz58TEkjn73

Here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll give credit where it's due. Thanks for manning up and changing the pic.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He's going to push the NRA to 8 million members. Maybe more.

He's got the democrats so fucking excited they are going to load that bill with so much shit it's NEVER going to pass

he's going to blame them for pissing around as blue dog democrats in R leaning states fight with blue state communists.

at the end nothing gets out of committee, nothing passes congress, and he points and says "I tried to give them everything, and the fucked it up,  AGAIN"

I'm praying this is what he's doing.
View Quote
Again, what I said on page 1...
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope so.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:18:07 AM EDT
[#36]
She’s just hoping this will help her get re-elected in Kalifornia where she’s not liberal enough now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's got the democrats so fucking excited they are going to load that bill with so much shit it's NEVER going to pass

he's going to blame them for pissing around as blue dog democrats in R leaning states fight with blue state communists.

at the end nothing gets out of committee, nothing passes congress, and he points and says "I tried to give them everything, and the fucked it up,  AGAIN"

Hope you're right, but I just don't think he would take this big of a gamble i.e. pissing off his base and endangering the mid-terms. But who knows, the dude is a wild card.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:20:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just like all the crazy shit that came out of his mouth during the election, he stole the narrative and then bragged about not having to spend any money because he was constantly on the news.

Just like he baited the dems over DACA, and then it went no where and that EO of Obama's expires next month with no action taken. He doesn't have to rescind that EO, it rescinds it'self in March.

This is a pattern he has. It will go nowhere.

He has stolen the narrative. The dems are putting everything in that bill including the kitchen sink with his encouragement, and it will not even get out of committee, after riling up the base to join / support a fractured NRA and vote conservative in the midterms.

My 4 year old can figure this out
View Quote
He riled the base...they are apoplectic.  They're as confused as dems were when she lost.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hope you're right, but I just don't think he would take this big of a gamble i.e. pissing off his base and endangering the mid-terms. But who knows, the dude is a wild card.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Republicans just lost the 39th State House race. The base is like a fat man after eating the whole turkey, semi-comatose. If the Party does not get the base off their asses to save those near do nothing shits in Congress the President will be facing a House & Senate held by Democrats.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:24:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just like all the crazy shit that came out of his mouth during the election, he stole the narrative and then bragged about not having to spend any money because he was constantly on the news.

Just like he baited the dems over DACA, and then it went no where and that EO of Obama's expires next month with no action taken. He doesn't have to rescind that EO, it rescinds it'self in March.

This is a pattern he has. It will go nowhere.

He has stolen the narrative. The dems are putting everything in that bill including the kitchen sink with his encouragement, and it will not even get out of committee, after riling up the base to join / support a fractured NRA and vote conservative in the midterms.

My 4 year old can figure this out
View Quote
denzeltrainingdayBOOM.gif
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Mister President,
Who gives a damn what you think.

Sincerely, your voting base.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's what I meant by what I said on page 4, it possibly biting him in the ass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:01:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Can'this really get emotional at this.  Just as it dId not matter what Obama wanted, it doesn't matter what trump wants.

Before the school shooting, both the reciprocity act as well hpa were dead because we didn't have 60 plus seats in the Senate.

This may have support in the Senate but could never clear the house.

This is political theater.  Nothing else.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#44]
You must have watched a different session than I did because what I saw was Trump blowing off old lady Feinstein.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hear Hear

Surprise! the full video isn't worth flipping out over

If anything, Trump comes across as not even knowing what Feinstein has been trying to pull since forever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This board is getting as bad as it was during the election.  Fuck facts, my feelings are hurt so I don't care what is real or not.

If Trump gave Feinstein the go ahead to include an AW Ban then why at the very end of the meeting is she asking Trump "what do we do about these weapons of war" and goes on to talk about people buying AR15s?

Here is a direct link to the full video with her comment at the very end. She wouldn't be asking that question if she had already been given the go ahead for an AW Ban and Trump wouldn't have blown her off telling her to talk to the other Senators about it.
https://youtu.be/gjrWRDKKSCQ?t=1h1m59s
Hear Hear

Surprise! the full video isn't worth flipping out over

If anything, Trump comes across as not even knowing what Feinstein has been trying to pull since forever.
Agreed.

"Need to be strong on background checks".
"No black market weapons, that you can buy with cash on the street".
"If you want something, put it in the bill".

That tail end portion wasn't too alarming. Haven't seen the "take the guns first, then due process" part yet.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You must have watched a different session than I did because what I saw was Trump blowing old lady Feinstein.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Contact your representatives.

This doesn't pass if it gets killed in the House/senate.
View Quote
^^^this x87 million

Reps and many senators have to run for election this fall.  Many of them in districts or states where gun control is not popular

around 10 democratic senators are up in states Trump won and their seats are vulnerable. We need to keep writing and call alll these people. They need to feel the pressure to vote against any bill that includes new restrictions.

Pcsutton has a thread with an easy way to write all your reps.  This is it:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/FIREMISSION-DO-THIS-RIGHT-NOW-/5-2086518/

Y'all need to do that. Trump talking is bad but congress writing bills is worse. Kill the bills with fire.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on with Trump?
View Quote
He is behaving exactly as he always have.

He is being himself.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Reaching the White House was one of Trump's career goals, it was on his bucket list, he's done that and I don't think he really cares about who put him there anymore. I hope I'm wrong but I think he played us. He doesn't care about a second term. As one poster previously, he's from NYC, what did you expect.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Technically we already do that.  If a women were to walk into a police station and accuse you of threatening her.  In alot of states, the police will come and take your guns away and charge you.  Many places if you are charged with domestic abuse, harassment, threatening 2a rights are instantly suspended before due process.   Could Trump, in his usual clusterfuck way, be talking about this type of thing?
View Quote
Yep, a bill doing that just passed 30-0 in the VT senate. The Republican gov has demanded the bill be presented to him before the first tuesday of March (town meeting day).

The bill wasn't domestic specific either, its any case where a judge feels someone should not have guns.

edit Vermont Senate unanimously approves gun removal bill
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top