I'm outraged by my own stupidity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On an unrelated note, why did they mention it was a "blended" family? What does that have to do with anything?
They are better than us. They embrace diversity.
Going by context, I'm going to guess they were referring to the children coming from previous marriages/relationships. One of the children referred to the pilot as "step-dad" and the sentence in the article about them being a "blended family" referred to children being from previous marriages.

Y'all keep being outraged if you want, though.

Were used to it by now.  (j/k)
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Very sad for the children.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remember kids, pot is nearly as bad.
View Quote
I have a friend who was a former-pothead, and he says that marijuana kills brain cells, I take his word. He says that once you are addicted, it is really tough to break.

Sucks to be those kids, whomever is going to take custody of them will probably break up their family.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fentanyl is 100 times more powerful than morphine. It hits hard.
View Quote
I'm waiting for some enterprising cartel to introduce sufentanil and up the ante.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How widley are the patches used?  I've come across several overdoses where people have eaten or sucked on them.
View Quote
That's a great way to get a massive dose quicker.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm waiting for some enterprising cartel to introduce sufentanil and up the ante.
View Quote
I think they realized it's a terrible business model to kill off your best customers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fentayl is bad enough but some of the synthetic fentanyl coming out of China is 30x more powerful.  One dumbass playing around is all it takes to end up on a slab, or one kid accidentally exposed to their parents bull shit.
View Quote
Elephant surgery dope. Now lets see what it does to 140 lb junky.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On an unrelated note, why did they mention it was a "blended" family? What does that have to do with anything?
They are better than us. They embrace diversity.
Going by context, I'm going to guess they were referring to the children coming from previous marriages/relationships. One of the children referred to the pilot as "step-dad" and the sentence in the article about them being a "blended family" referred to children being from previous marriages.

Y'all keep being outraged if you want, though.

LOL.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've had patients in the hospital chew their patches.

We usually find the masticated remains in their mouth when we are intubating them during the code
View Quote
Holy fuck.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We usually find the masticated remains in their mouth when we are intubating them during the code
View Quote
 You guys need to buy some bitter apple spray or something
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
When my wife had bone cancer she was on 300mcg Fentynal patches. Changed 'em out every 48 hrs.
She even had to take a break through med on top of the patches if the pain got to be too great.

Strange enough though, when on only the patches she could function 100% normal.

Bone cancer's a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When my wife had bone cancer she was on 300mcg Fentynal patches. Changed 'em out every 48 hrs.
She even had to take a break through med on top of the patches if the pain got to be too great.

Strange enough though, when on only the patches she could function 100% normal.

Bone cancer's a bitch.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
We've caught staff doing it with used patches taken off a patient.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now that's just nasty...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
anyone who thinks this current opiate epidemic is just a poor, white trash, brown and black person problem has their head in the sand. this is hitting at every level and demographic of our society.
View Quote
100% right.

I wish to God there were safer effective pain killers on the market. The opiate epidemic is insane.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh damn cooties and junk
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Most commonly IV. Patches are common. They also have lollipops for kids. This is the legal prescribed stuff.

I would imagine the stuff the cartel's chemists cook up is powder form and used like heroin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is fentanyl a pill, or is it taken via IV?
Most commonly IV. Patches are common. They also have lollipops for kids. This is the legal prescribed stuff.

I would imagine the stuff the cartel's chemists cook up is powder form and used like heroin.
That comparison of the lethal doses is scary as fuck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not an issue because medical professionals prescribe/use it in MICROgrams.  I've used it extensively without problems because math works if you use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm amazed the stuff is still legal. It's extremely powerful, sneaks up on users, mistakes get made.

There's someone at the local hospital trying to rehab with bone cancer from it. 

Given bad directions from the doctor with a mistake; you're dead. 
Not an issue because medical professionals prescribe/use it in MICROgrams.  I've used it extensively without problems because math works if you use it.
100 mcg, 100 mg per kilo... same thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#23]
The entire way this article was written sounded like the Fentanyl attacked and killed the airline pilot and his wife! Kind of like those news articles that say an inanimate object, a handgun, killed some innocent people. The article failed to indicate that someone, either the pilot or his wife illegally possessed and used the fentanyl to kill themselves. Not much sympathy for illegal drug users, but, this article made it sound like they were innocent victims.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Holy fuck.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.  
The asshole in me would pull that patch out and say "Well, guess this is what he wanted" and walk off.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Too many people think life should be pain free. Pain lets you know your alive. If you really need it, so be it. Some people really do. A lot don't. I don't take shit unless it's unbearable. Poor kids
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sad story for the kids.

Two druggies dead, I can't find the fucks to give...  Except for the kids and the mess their irresponsible parents left behind.

We have a pain clinic in our hospital.  If 5 of us arfcommers were sitting around a table, and split the single doses of about 25% of the patients, we would all die.

Opiate users build a tolerance pretty quickly, and if you keep ramping up their intake, the tolerance grows.  Most people can't take fentanyl if they are not opiate tolerant.  

The fentanyl deaths come from casual users of opiates who get their hands on real patches or doctored ones, powder or pills.  Hey baby, I got these pills that look like Vicodin, but are a little stronger, wanna give em a go?  Then they take fentanyl pills and their kids find them the next day.

Kinda like when a new batch of heroin hits the streets and it is way more pure than what people are used to.  They bang their normal load and keel over dead.
View Quote
The fentanyl and carfentanyl overdoses are so prevalent now that I don't think they're diverted legit drugs anymore, I think the cartels are making it and bringing it in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
LOL. Prescription.

Most likely they were opiate addicts, probably pills, who switched to heroin/fentanyl as an easier-to-get replacement.

Mexican cartels are bringing that shit in by the boatload.  As another poster mentioned, dealers are cutting their shitty heroin with it to up the potency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he have a prescription? Why were they both using it?
LOL. Prescription.

Most likely they were opiate addicts, probably pills, who switched to heroin/fentanyl as an easier-to-get replacement.

Mexican cartels are bringing that shit in by the boatload.  As another poster mentioned, dealers are cutting their shitty heroin with it to up the potency.
Most fentanyl is coming in from China and is ordered through dark web sites.  Some ends up in heroin, a lot of it is being pressed into pills in clandestine labs then being sold as OxyContin or oxycodone.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When it's administered by professionals using pharmaceutical-grade products, it's quite safe.  I've had fentanyl twice that I know of when I had surgery; it's an awesome drug.

When it's self-administered by non-medical professionals using street-grade crap that could be cut with anything, then it can be quite deadly.
View Quote
Exactly. I've given fentsnyl more times than I can count on the truck and I've never killed anyone
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The fentanyl and carfentanyl overdoses are so prevalent now that I don't think they're diverted legit drugs anymore, I think the cartels are making it and bringing it in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad story for the kids.

Two druggies dead, I can't find the fucks to give...  Except for the kids and the mess their irresponsible parents left behind.

We have a pain clinic in our hospital.  If 5 of us arfcommers were sitting around a table, and split the single doses of about 25% of the patients, we would all die.

Opiate users build a tolerance pretty quickly, and if you keep ramping up their intake, the tolerance grows.  Most people can't take fentanyl if they are not opiate tolerant.  

The fentanyl deaths come from casual users of opiates who get their hands on real patches or doctored ones, powder or pills.  Hey baby, I got these pills that look like Vicodin, but are a little stronger, wanna give em a go?  Then they take fentanyl pills and their kids find them the next day.

Kinda like when a new batch of heroin hits the streets and it is way more pure than what people are used to.  They bang their normal load and keel over dead.
They already are, it's well known. It's also coming in from China by the kilo along with many different analogs, some of which are more potent than fent.hcl.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is fentanyl a pill, or is it taken via IV?
View Quote
Powder, snort or shoot.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
100% right.

I wish to God there were safer effective pain killers on the market. The opiate epidemic is insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
anyone who thinks this current opiate epidemic is just a poor, white trash, brown and black person problem has their head in the sand. this is hitting at every level and demographic of our society.
100% right.

I watched one in the 90's that we didn't blame on the doctors.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fentanyl is 100 times more powerful than morphine. It hits hard.
View Quote
It was prescribed to me after surgery a couple years ago, it did next to nothing for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
The narrative being pushed is complete bullshit.

I don't give a flying fuck about who the addicts are or how many of them die. I care about the cost of dealing with them and the crimes they are going to commit to get their fix.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Had fentanyl after exploratory laparotomy a few years ago.  Two nurses had to replace the IV contents.  Checks and balances.  When I hit the button, the pain went away.  When it wore off, it wore off fast too.  Never felt like I had the need to keep using it though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#35]
It also comes in a sublingual spray:

My wife gets it for breakthrough pain.  She takes 4mg Dilaudid normally and her doctor gave her this shit for when the pain gets really bad.  The pamphlet that came with it states repeatedly "If you are not already inured to opiates, this can kill you."  They come 100 mcg to 1600 mcg per sprayer, and each one has a self-sealing indestructible plastic bag to put the dispenser in after use, as the next warning states "a child placing the used dispenser in its mouth may kill it."  Read the warning statement here: Subsys Fentanyl

I keep them locked in one of my safes and only give my wife one days use at a time.  I had to lock up all of her pain meds as her "friend" [read crack whore junky] would steal any that was left out.  

BTW: Her Crack Whore JunkyTM friend was arrested today for stealing my wife's jewelry to include her wedding rings. Her booking photo should hit the police website tomorrow and I plan to post it on the junkies Facebook page while she is still in jail.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah...when morphine is dosed in mg and fentanyl is dosed in mcg, you gonna die if you abuse it the same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
why the fuck do we need a drug 100 times more powerful than morphine?
View Quote
Ever had your guts taken out?  Obviously not.  It hurts.  A lot.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The narrative being pushed is complete bullshit.

I don't give a flying fuck about who the addicts are or how many of them die. I care about the cost of dealing with them and the crimes they are going to commit to get their fix.
View Quote
There does seem to be a rather concerted effort to get that story popular, but why?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/Fentanyl-167343.jpg

My wife gets it for breakthrough pain.  She takes 4mg Dilaudid normally and her doctor gave her this shit for when the pain gets really bad.  The pamphlet that came with it states repeatedly "If you are not already inured to opiates, this can kill you."  They come 100 mcg to 1600 mcg per sprayer, and each one has a self-sealing indestructible plastic bag to put the dispenser in after use, as the next warning states "a child placing the used dispenser in its mouth may kill it."  Read the warning statement here: Subsys Fentanyl

I keep them locked in one of my safes and only give my wife one days use at a time.  I had to lock up all of her pain meds as her "friend" [read crack whore junky] would steal any that was left out.  

BTW: Her Crack Whore JunkyTM friend was arrested today for stealing my wife's jewelry to include her wedding rings. Her booking photo should hit the police website tomorrow and I plan to post it on the junkies Facebook page while she is still in jail.
View Quote
Hate to hear your wife is in enough pain to need that kind of medication, also hate to hear she has the usual med vultures hanging around. I can't count how many times I hear about someone with a condition warranting the use of that level of medication having "friends" show up to help out. They need the whipping post.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
To save the google search:

Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid analgesic that is similar to morphine but is 50 to 100 times more potent.  It is a schedule II prescription drug, and it is typically used to treat patients with severe pain or to manage pain after surgery. It is also sometimes used to treat patients with chronic pain who are physically tolerant to other opioids. In its prescription form, fentanyl is known by such names as Actiq®, Duragesic®, and Sublimaze®.Street names for fentanyl or for fentanyl-laced heroin include Apache, China Girl, China White, Dance Fever, Friend, Goodfella, Jackpot, Murder 8, TNT, and Tango and Cash.
View Quote
Thank you.

I sure had no idea
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a nephew  in prison right now (awaiting trial in about a year) for dealing it (first time) and using it as well (complete moron). He just became a father last year.

He has ruined many lives.  I really feel for these kids and the family left behind to clean up the mess.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There does seem to be a rather concerted effort to get that story popular, but why?
View Quote
Because it is an opportunity for moar government, feels, and cost cutting at the expense of quality of care
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
When they advertise Movantik during the Super Bowl are they targeting folks who buy off the street?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Awful. 
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Because it is an opportunity for moar government, feels, and cost cutting at the expense of quality of care
View Quote
Can you elaborate on that?

ETA: I see you now have the quote which gives some context. NVM.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/286099/Fentanyl-167343.jpg

View Quote
My wife had Dilaudid as breakthrough pain meds. too but was prescribed up to 24mg. per hour. Would usually take 3 doses/3 hours for pain to subside.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
why the fuck do we need a drug 100 times more powerful than morphine?
View Quote
There is another one out there 100x more powerful than fentanyl. I've read it's just about as easy to make.
Carfentanil is mainly used on elephants but it's already been found on the street. It's crazy dangerous, like breathing dust will OD kill you dangerous.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I got fentanyl in the hospital once. It was the best feeling I have ever felt in my life. I wish they had never given it to me. I would rather not know that it is possible to feel that good.

I don't understand why people take the first hit. The second hit? I kinda get it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Years back a buddy of mine needed some brush up training and a checkout in a multi twin. I rode along with him and the instructor, who was Brian. He'd just gotten hired at Spirit and seemed like a pretty squared away guy. I wonder what went wrong.

Those poor kids. Damn.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got fentanyl in the hospital once. It was the best feeling I have ever felt in my life. I wish they had never given it to me. I would rather not know that it is possible to feel that good.

I don't understand why people take the first hit. The second hit? I kinda get it.
View Quote
I'm guessing it's similar to oxycodone and all that.....a very warm and euphoric happy feeling?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top