BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He was defending the honor of the internal combustion engine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF do people do this? Who cares if someone wants to pass? Don't be a dick and just wave them by and go about your day.

He was defending the honor of the internal combustion engine.

Attachment Attached File

@beitodesstrafe

He defended M'Lady of ICE's honor in his rarri.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Tesla did not stop.

The Tesla did not stop.

The Tesla did not stop.

The Tesla did not stop.

The Tesla did not stop. . . .  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What is a dental salesman?
View Quote

Sells dentists
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Imagine being the Tesla driver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope it was worth it.

Plaid >>> rarri California
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi yes I left the fucking earth powered by controlled explosions.

That got kinda old because of the lack of food so I came back.

Sadly my math was slightly off so I died in a visible fireball.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Won't buff out
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Dibs on the rims and brembos.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Japan beats Italy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Plaid >>> rarri California
View Quote

Certainly was in this case.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#10]
1,000hp Ferrari SF90 vs Tesla Plaid drag race

Race (6:36)

HOW TO BEAT A PLAID * 1,000 HP BATTLE * Ferrari SF90 vs Tesla Plaid DRAG RACE
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Tesla Model S Plaid vs 1,500HP Supra

Tesla Model S Plaid vs 1500WHP Supra
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CF56F-4L8A
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CF56F-4L8A

Quoted:
Tesla Model S Plaid vs 1,500HP Supra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9l4zMc6R0

I took delivery of my Model 3 LR in September, while it's a fast car in the normal world, in Tesla world it's slow....compared to the Plaids.  I've had lots of people pull up at stop lights, keep glancing over at me, then punch it at the green light trying to get me to race them.

If the story is accurate that they were racing, I'd be curious who instigated it.  It seems like a lot of people want to try to outrun a Tesla for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I took delivery of my Model 3 LR in September, while it's a fast car in the normal world, in Tesla world it's slow....compared to the Plaids.  I've had lots of people pull up at stop lights, keep glancing over at me, then punch it at the green light trying to get me to race them.

If the story is accurate that they were racing, I'd be curious who instigated it.  It seems like a lot of people want to try to outrun a Tesla for some reason.
View Quote

This is true but you could probably say the same for some old guy in a Ferrari.  The fact from the reports we hear that the Tesla was trying to overtake the Ferrari is where I question both sides.  The Ferrari had to be going pretty quick to play pinball that much and still do considerable damage to everything else....this means the Tesla had to be going that much faster.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is true but you could probably say the same for some old guy in a Ferrari.  The fact from the reports we hear that the Tesla was trying to overtake the Ferrari is where I question both sides.  The Ferrari had to be going pretty quick to play pinball that much and still do considerable damage to everything else....this means the Tesla had to be going that much faster.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't trying to take any blame away from the Tesla driver, it takes 2 idiots in cars to partake in a street race....this was a certainly a case of when idiots collide....but one of them collided much harder than the other.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I wasn't trying to take any blame away from the Tesla driver, it takes 2 idiots in cars to partake in a street race....this was a certainly a case of when idiots collide....but one of them collided much harder than the other.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#16]
That is not the half I was expecting to be split. Not a good look for Ferrari crash safety. I wonder how fucking fast they were going?
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Most people who drive cars like this do not understand how responsive they are compared to their daily drivers.  In the ancient days when I managed a Texaco service station I was friends with a guy who ran an automobile renting and leasing franchise.  He told me that everyone of the Ford Pentara's (remember them?) they had out on lease had been involved in an accident.  Almost all of them involved people entering sharp turns and over steering the vehicle.   they would go off the inside of the turn.  The faster you go the more spectacular the results.  If you are going to get a car like this you need to go to a high performance driving school to learn how to handle it  

Once worked on a V12 Jaguar.  The woman who owned it had already been in 5 accidents with it and when she left the station she turned too sharp and drove it up and over the curb.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope it was worth it.

Really good chance of this being a case of two idiots finding each other based on the double yellow lines in the photos.

These guys aren't special though.  People drive like idiots with extremely high frequency.

My commute to work is less than 3 miles including dropping my kid off at school and in that short period of time I regularly witness tailgating, aggressive driving, people using the center turn lane as an on ramp from a side street, and people zipping through the school parking lot briskly even with little kids walking around everywhere.

Now imagine that times the billions of miles driven annually and it's no small wonder that ~37,000 people are killed every year in car wrecks that are almost always entirely preventable.

People need to chill the fuck out on the road but I know it's not going to happen.  Don't drive in a hurry, don't hand the wheel to your ego, leave a few more extra car lengths between you and the car in front of you.  It's not that hard.

Link Posted: 12/22/2022 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Geriatrics crashing exotic cars and geriatrics crashing old fighter planes . Hmmm I see a theme here.
View Quote
You mean like Scott Walker?
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Did the Tesla pass him?  I mean before the fatal crash.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ford Pentara's (remember them?)  
View Quote

No but I remember:

(Yes, I know they were sold through Mercury dealerships...)
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read something about the Ferrari was trying not to let the Tesla pass him.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Remember this crash?

ENZO Destroyed in 192 MPH Crash

ENZO Destroyed in 192 MPH Crash
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like games were played and he lost.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea if that happened but it happens all the time. People are so territorial. It's annoying in my Subaru because I can't really do anything about it
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sounds like games were played and he lost.
View Quote

IRL there's no respawning.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top