Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Deadwood raised the bar for what a TV show can be.There would be no Breaking Bad,Sons of Anarchy,Justified etc without it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with so many parts it is hard to not just plus 1 almost every damn post. I loved Deadwood and hated the ending. I could listen to them talk for hours without getting bored.

Quoted:
Quoted:
3rd best show ever behind Soprano's & Breaking Bad as #1.

My sig line is from Al Swearingen.

Your math is a little off, but you have the right idea.

Deadwood and The Wire are tied for best show ever.

I liked both better than Sopranos. I loved Sopranos but those two were just fantastic.
Quoted:
The fight between dan and the captain is the best deadwood scene ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_lJl3FFmE

That scene is so brutal and awesome.
Quoted:
Swearenger is the obvious favorite as he is the most complex character on the show, but charlie utter is also fantastic and under appreciated. I'd wager that utter is the ballsiest character on the show where as bullock just has the biggest temper.

What I liked about Charlie is that he was the nicest guy in the world until you crossed one of his friends or someone he cared about at which point he turned into one bad mother.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Deadwood raised the bar for what a TV show can be. There would be no Breaking Bad,Sons of Anarchy,Justified etc without it.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#4]

"Free fucking gratis."
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally got around to watching the entire series earlier this year. It is one of my favorite TV series of all time. I was disappointed it was so good and ended after the third season; and the series finale' was kind of a let down.

It is funny to see so many characters in that show that are in more recent TV series and how similar some of them are.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]

great scene.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Duh!
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought it went downhill after Hickok got shot, but it was still better than anything else on tv.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top