User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
How does it distinguish against the gang violence which accounts for the majority of gun violence?
Oh yeah, it won’t.

Criminals will very quickly learn how to reprogram their finger into the memory. Or, more likely, they’ll just continue using other types of weapons which will reliably work
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That will be fun for lefties and people wearing gloves..
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That will be fun for lefties and people wearing gloves..

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/114153065117226dz_GIF-124.gif

Hey you know that thing the anti gunners do where they don't know what they are trying to ban. Yeah you're doing that. So rather then arguing from your ignorance go watch the video, see what they are doing and use that knowledge to make good arguments.

Some key points which beat most of the arguments people are using against it.
1. It has both finger print and facial recognition. It's an or gate not an and gate.
2. It comes in both left and right handed models. (Ian is left handed)
3. It doesn't connect to the internet. Though at some point it has to because I see it has an update mechanism.

There are plenty of really good arguments for and against this. We would all benefit from actually knowing them and not looking like the anti gun crowd when it comes time to defend our position. And we'll have to defend our position because like it or not this is coming to market. Like it or not this is going to be pushed in the legislator at some point.

I would really like to see this thing eat a thousand rounds without failure, and it needs to go to Def Con and get wrecked.

Even after those I don't get a warm fuzzy about the thing. My daughters fingerprint is close enough to my wifes that she could unlock early finger print readers making its use case terrible.  Our arguments need to be based in reality not our fantasy land.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll consider it once it's required for all law enforcement.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Facial ID via the rear facing IR camera.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happens if the finger is greasy?

Or covered in blood because the user was stabbed?

Unless it's the Lawgiver from judge dredd I'm out.

Facial ID via the rear facing IR camera.

Second generation has voice recognition. "Hey google,  save my life"

They'll have to move the camera to the muzzle end to make room for the mic
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Also has facial recognition.
View Quote

Might useful if the camera looked forward to help identify the bad guys.  Or suicide prevention, it would identify you and request additional information and an override.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top