Quoted:

Which also tends to look horrible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Polymer pistols with homemade stippling.

I have seen home done stippling that mirrors "professional" work

well then say that...
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Taurus. Whenever someone tells me they bought a Taurus for their main carry pistol, I cringe just as if they had told me they had stage 4 brain cancer.
View Quote

I bought a Taurus for my main carry pistol.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Any ruger semiautomatic
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Taurus. Whenever someone tells me they bought a Taurus for their main carry pistol, I cringe just as if they had told me they had stage 4 brain cancer.

How much time do you have left?  Can we do a home town forum shoot in your honor?  So sad to see another arfcommer go the way of Taurus
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
sub2k

those things are not awesome.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Anything with Krylon.

Especially when people try to sell it in the EE for the same price as a LNIB.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Come on, there's just something classic about an old Fitz special...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Fitzspecial.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any gun without a trigger guard.

Come on, there's just something classic about an old Fitz special...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Fitzspecial.jpg

It's classy, sure. But tell me you don't cringe at the open trigger guard.

ETA:
Quoted:
Glocks with stippling.

SIGs, with their array of levers all across the left side of the gun.

I don't get your complaint. Where do you think a decocker or a magazine release belong, if not right where the strong-hand thumb can work them?

My own contribution: Mini-14/Mini-30. Compliance with NY SAFE is the only reason for either of those to exist, and FAC. They're like Corky and Timmy from South Park stopped arguing about which color of paint chip tasted best, for just long enough to bubba a perfectly good M-1 Carbine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

sub2k

those things are not awesome.
View Quote
While not the most attractive of guns, it does make for a fun range toy

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
French rifles, Ross rifles, Carcano rifles, lever actions with silencers and/or picatinny rails on the front handgrip, Raven and Jennings pistols

View Quote

My MAS 49/56 rocks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Any Glock
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

well then say that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well then say that...

I'll clarify:  "homemade" meaning "not factory."  If you need more grippage, get Talon grips.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Everyone says that, but it's not really any more complicated than other revolvers.

http://i46.tinypic.com/m7s5c1.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A brilliantly overcomplicated masterfully engineered solution looking for a problem.
ETA:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/XbjxYGD_zps7voyptmv.jpg

Everyone says that, but it's not really any more complicated than other revolvers.

http://i46.tinypic.com/m7s5c1.jpg

they revel in their ignorance. I would wager none have owned or even put rounds through a rhino.

there is exactly 1 more part than any other modern revolver & that is to accommodate the lower position of the hammer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Any ruger semiautomatic
View Quote
I used to think this, until I got an LCP custom. It's been 100% reliable, and great for pocket carry/deep concealment.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
French rifles, Ross rifles, Carcano rifles, . .  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any ruger semiautomatic
View Quote

I disagree. My Ruger 5.56 is probably one of the best value M4gery's out there. I am still impressed by the accuracy, and the features for a reasonably priced gun.

I'm not huge on their pistols though.

But I hate the Keltec gun everyone seems to love, and anything Hi-point.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How much time do you have left?  Can we do a home town forum shoot in your honor?  So sad to see another arfcommer go the way of Taurus
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've owned at least a dozen Taurus guns over the years, only ever had one small problem with one gun (which turned out to be magazine related). I've enjoyed every one I've owned, and IMHO it doesn't matter what you're carrying. If you run it for reliability and train with it sufficiently, you can pretty much figure out if it's up to the job.

There are Glocks which shouldn't be on someone's hip, just because it came out of a factory box from a reputable manufacturer doesn't mean it's 100% reliable or meets the needs of the shooter.

You gotta figure that one out on anything you buy. After 500 rounds of good SD ammo, and training with it, if it's flawless I pretty much trust it to go bang when shit goes sideways. I've had Kimbers, Smiths, Sigs all fail that process.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Fitting an Aggie would post that.

Know how many Aggies it takes to screw in a light bulb?  100.  1 to hold the bulb, 99 to turn the house.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've owned at least a dozen Taurus guns over the years, only ever had one small problem with one gun (which turned out to be magazine related). I've enjoyed every one I've owned, and IMHO it doesn't matter what you're carrying. If you run it for reliability and train with it sufficiently, you can pretty much figure out if it's up to the job.

There are Glocks which shouldn't be on someone's hip, just because it came out of a factory box from a reputable manufacturer doesn't mean it's 100% reliable or meets the needs of the shooter.

You gotta figure that one out on anything you buy. After 500 rounds of good SD ammo, and training with it, if it's flawless I pretty much trust it to go bang when shit goes sideways. I've had Kimbers, Smiths, Sigs all fail that process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=344&category=Pistol

I had a PT908 that was horrible, you'd pull the trigger and nothing. Keep pulling the trigger and eventually it would fire.   It went back to the factory 2 or 3 times and would still do it.  They kept saying it was too much lube on the firing pin.  I dumped it
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Sort of want. Anyone have any info?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#22]

I actually want something like that for a Can Cannon M79ish build.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Makes me cringe, but other than the price I don't really see a problem.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.

/end of thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That Mossberg lever gun with the quad rail.  

This.

/end of thread.

I was coming here to post this.
I love the threaded bbl and the railed forend I don't mind, it's that pvc pipe looking stock that makes me want to vomit.

That and if they were going to go all out why didn't they do some type of a top rail for optics?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Okay, I'll say it, AR pistols.
View Quote

Me too.  Doesn't really make me cringe but it is like huge and not really a pistol... so it bugs me.

A Remington built Marlin is cringeworthy, especially the earlier ones that they built in the unlit basement with oven mitts.  I think they gave them a strobe light to work with now, they are getting somewhat better.

Otherwise out of the box they are neat marvels of engineering.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Calico

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

/thread

Sheez. My wrist started hurting just from looking at that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Still waiting for a reference to "Get a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol..."
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I had a PT908 that was horrible, you'd pull the trigger and nothing. Keep pulling the trigger and eventually it would fire.   It went back to the factory 2 or 3 times and would still do it.  They kept saying it was too much lube on the firing pin.  I dumped it

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess it's about the odds, but after having owned so many good ones, I'm not sure I'm ever gonna be swayed by someone who got a bad one. Mine work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yep, except they make a better Beretta 92 than Beretta. Slide mounted safeties/decocker are retarded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Taurus. Especially semi autos.
Yep, except they make a better Beretta 92 than Beretta. Slide mounted safeties/decocker are retarded.

Uhh... no. Not even close.

Beretta has QC that is among the best in the business. Taurus has a negative reputation that is very much earned.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any firearm branded Hi Point, Jennings, Century International Arms, Hesse Arms aka Vulcan Arms aka Blackthorne,  or Tanfoglio Gardone. To a lesser extent Ruger and Taurus. As far as magazines, anything branded Promag.
View Quote

Tanfoglio? As in the company that has a dominating share of IPSC leaderboards?

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'll clarify:  "homemade" meaning "not factory."  If you need more grippage, get Talon grips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well then say that...

Why? I have a wood burner and I am about to do a glock this weekend I'll post a thread in your honor
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any firearm branded Hi Point, Jennings, Century International Arms, Hesse Arms aka Vulcan Arms aka Blackthorne,  or Tanfoglio Gardone. To a lesser extent Ruger and Taurus. As far as magazines, anything branded Promag.

They make some crap too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
French rifles, Ross rifles, Carcano rifles, lever actions with silencers and/or picatinny rails on the front handgrip, Raven and Jennings pistols

View Quote

My 1910 Ross is an extremely accurate rifle. The whole "bolt in the forehead thing" has been grossly exagerated.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Lorcin
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#39]
That Polish P64 thingie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#40]

My hand hurts just looking at that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Bullpups

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#42]

I can't help but like this POS for some reason...
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
chiappa revolvers

you might be onto something.
http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Rhino.jpg

I kinda want one in 9mm.  Why?  I don't know...probably for the same reason I find the Windham rifle interesting.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Why is it curved?!

Edit:

I apologize for the rapid posts.  I just kept seeing stuff and didn't realize.

Also, I know, I shouldn't like the Windham Weaponry castrated "AR" but...something about the way the grip is designed is interesting.

Looking at both it and the Chiappa...I guess I do have a thing for unique looking guns.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Not nearly as bad to shoot as you would think it is, just stick to 300 grain bullets.  We goofed around with some 420 grain reloads and I messed up my wrist pretty severely.  

The thing is damn near big enough to have wheels on it though, it looks like something out of a cartoon.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Okay, I'll say it, AR pistols.
View Quote

Some states don't allow SBR's, so it's a viable option in those states. Only reason I have one is I can't SBR it, but like the small little fire breather.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Sporterized mil-surps make me sad.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Since I blasted the thread with my questions and comments...I'll contribute...

No one has mentioned these awesome bits of engineering...

And yes, it has an optional rail adaptor!

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Our new breaching POS shitgun. Can be mounted to the bottom of M4.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top