Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should get him a 10/22.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
12 is a bit old for a BB gun . I reccomend either a 22 or a PCP air rifle.  Pyramid Air has anything you could ever want in any type of Air Gun. ??????
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
They had an Airsoft Tommy gun at Meijer for $85.  electric, batteries included, just by BBs.    

If I had a 12 year old, they would have one under the try.

I have an extreme dislike for the Red Ryder lever guns, they are too hard to operate.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
12 is a bit old for a BB gun . I reccomend either a 22 or a PCP air rifle.  Pyramid Air has anything you could ever want in any type of Air Gun. ??????
View Quote

LOL. Im a old man and have lots of fun with Daisys.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Don’t buy someone else’s child or grandchild a firearm. Just an easy rule to avoid drama.

Unless you’re THE mentor or primary role model for that kid and it’s really your gun to secure while you train them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We use these for our 4-H shooting sports program.  Nice little repeaters. CO2 powered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243522/19746EAB-DCBC-4A0F-9ABF-4AAC85A7FFA6_jpe-2609809.JPG

That being said, does this boy have no access to a place to shoot?  12 is a little old for a BB gun, I typically get those for my kids around 4-5 years old.

By 12 any boy should already have a .22 LR, a shotgun as well.
View Quote

I bought a 1077 for my son and if i could do it over again probably wouldn't.

Its a decent enought pellet gun and co2 negates any pump concerns if youre worried about arm strength and fatigue. The 1077 is passably accurate but dont expect to win marksmanship awards. It will often skip through the rotary mag, leaving 2-3 of 12 chambers untouched. Dont try and rotate back to them, just pop in another mag or refill it. In terms of power, it will blast through CDs and exit tangerines.

The reason why i wouldnt buy it again is the semi-auto feature. Probably the same why s 1022 shouldnt be a childs first 22 either. My son can get fusterated and just hose the area without discipline.

Ill correct that mistake with the next one. Gotta do some research.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We have the full auto crosman from tractor supply that we use for dogs, possums, raccoons and giggles.

It will take him a long time to outgrow it. I’m 41 and haven’t done so yet. Plus it has all the same controls as a grown up AR so the transition is stupid easy.
View Quote

Full auto you say? Hmmm...
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
My daughter is 23 and she still takes her Red Ryder with her camping to plink cans around the campfire.  I got it for her when she was 8. It's a fun bb gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I would lean towards a decent pellet gun over a BB.  They are usually way more accurate. He could learn to shoot irons or you could mount an optic on it.

I would run it by the parents first just to make sure they want their kid to have whatever you want to buy them. It would really suck if the kid gets a BB/Pellet gun and then the parents don’t let him actually use it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#11]
He’s going to shoot his eye out!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top