Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

We should offer them bigger signing/staying bonuses so they'll have some walking around cash to spend while they're home pregnant instead of deploying.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By LoneWolf545:

My buddy was OIC of Phase One when she was there :-)  He has some stories...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LoneWolf545:
Originally Posted By CTM1:
Originally Posted By Discolite:

Demi Moore did!

Dem nipples 

My buddy was OIC of Phase One when she was there :-)  He has some stories...

Okay @LoneWolf545:

Cough up some Demi stories from BUDS.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GGF:
What's a "scout swimmer"?
View Quote

A person who needs to be a very hard individual- the Combat Scout Swimmer course is, effectively, akin to the water phase of the Basic Reconnaissance Course.

If you cannot swim very well, with gear, for a good distance, in combat utilities, you won't make it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Yes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dedreckon:
@Carmelbythesea:

Your OP said one chick was top of her class in IBOC? Is that Army equivalent of Marine IOC?

Yes

No. Lol. Not even close.

The Army sent observers to the Marine Corps Basic Officer Course (the course all officers go to, including pilots and judge advocates, prior to their MOS school) and determined it met or exceeded all the standards and requirements of the Army IBOLC.  That is why a Marine officer of any MOS can interservice transfer to the army as an infantry officer without being required to attend IBOLC.

IOC is a completely different animal. When I was a student at The Basic School IOC had approximately a 40% washout rate- most of them within the first two days.

When I was an instructor there, it was still hovering around 30%.

IBOLC is more like The Basic School BOC. Being top of her class at Ranger School would be more akin to being top of an IOC class.  Not exactly- but that is a better comparison.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ben:

No. Lol. Not even close.

The Army sent observers to the Marine Corps Basic Officer Course (the course all officers go to, including pilots and judge advocates, prior to their MOS school) and determined it met or exceeded all the standards and requirements of the Army IBOLC.  That is why a Marine officer of any MOS can interservice transfer to the army as an infantry officer without being required to attend IBOLC.

IOC is a completely different animal. When I was a student at The Basic School IOC had approximately a 40% washout rate- most of them within the first two days.

When I was an instructor there, it was still hovering around 30%.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ben:

No. Lol. Not even close.

The Army sent observers to the Marine Corps Basic Officer Course (the course all officers go to, including pilots and judge advocates, prior to their MOS school) and determined it met or exceeded all the standards and requirements of the Army IBOLC.  That is why a Marine officer of any MOS can interservice transfer to the army as an infantry officer without being required to attend IBOLC.

IOC is a completely different animal. When I was a student at The Basic School IOC had approximately a 40% washout rate- most of them within the first two days.

When I was an instructor there, it was still hovering around 30%.

https://media.tenor.com/images/5c574208da76a82657e6b2d1ed36495e/tenor.gif

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

12:06 I think was my best, had an APFT scheduled the morning following a 20 miler the previous day one time and CSM tore into me for my 18 minute score after I watched him pencil in his own score
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty good??

Under APFT (male 17-21), a 13:40 was 90/100 points, and if I have the correct numbers for ACFT, 13:30 2-mile is now 100/100.

I don't know what percentile it is among all takers, but anything sub-13:00 is outstanding.

Let's be honest: Combat Arms may have 300/300 set for themselves as a matter of pride or before being allowed to attend schools or whatever, but plenty of people have eked out a 240 after a rough weekend, or a 270 because that was all that was really required at the time.

And if you looked outside Combat Arms?

12:06 I think was my best, had an APFT scheduled the morning following a 20 miler the previous day one time and CSM tore into me for my 18 minute score after I watched him pencil in his own score
I saw the entire HHC 3/102nd AR (NJARNG) pencil whip perfect PFT during AT, August 1988.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top