Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/29/2021 4:44:59 AM EDT
I've eaten there once. Went inside because the drive thru was bonkers. The first week at least, they needed police to direct traffic on the highway because Alabama drivers are retarded.

First time, I had the green Chile double bacon burger. Pretty freaking delicious. Best overall value in fast food. Especially when you add in being open 24 hours.

So at 2am, I decide I want hot meat in my mouth. I went to get a patty melt. Maybe it's just the newness of it, but I don't think I will ever have Wendy's, the mcdouble, or whopper again.

First impression: meh.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Second impression: so freaking delicious. Bo woke up to see what the good smells were.
Attachment Attached File

Spartacus even was looking out for a dropped onion.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:48:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Murder dogs are all I see in this thread.

I like what a burger but it’s nasty compared to a good double double with whole grilled onion, mustard fried patty, and everything on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont forget animal style fries.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Whataburger master race. Beats the pants off In-n-out.

Try the honey butter chicken biscuits next time at 2am.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:58:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like what a burger but it’s nasty compared to a good double double with whole grilled onion, mustard fried patty, and everything on it.
View Quote

I only have one murder dog. The brown dag was dna tested to show no murder dog after being told he was a "pit lab mix" lol.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the double with bacon/cheese but holy cow r their patty melt is good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah right.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Son, you need to lay off the drugs.

The good news is that you have juuuuust squeaked in under the wire for dumbest post of 2021.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:18:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed!  From a born and raised Texan waiting for Whataburger to make it to SC.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The good news is that you have juuuuust squeaked in under the wire for dumbest post of 2021.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SocalJBT deserves that honor.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
First one around here opened up around 1970, so fortunately I’ve always had one around.  Matter of fact, that particular Whataburger is still operating in the same building.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was kind of blocking that shitshow out of my memory.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Their Monterey melt was where it was at.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Never been to one, they don't exist around here.

I'm impressed a fast food joint can stay open around the clock, locally they can barely find enough help to stay open for one shift.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#15]

All that excitement, what will they do next?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#16]
They just opened one near where I live, but I haven’t eaten there yet. However, I am in the DFW area right now and had a double cheeseburger from What a Burger yesterday. I ate half of it and threw the rest away. Fries were decent, but even the burger I had from Braum’s on the way down here a couple days ago was superior.

This makes two times now that I’ve tried WB. Doubt there will be a third time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dont forget animal style fries.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Whataburger is nasty and I don’t understand the cult following it has with fellow Texans.  I do find it interesting how each Whataburger location has a 500lbs employee on premises at all times to sit on the burgers before serving them to customers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've eaten there once. Went inside because the drive thru was bonkers. The first week at least, they needed police to direct traffic on the highway because Alabama drivers are retarded.

First time, I had the green Chile double bacon burger. Pretty freaking delicious. Best overall value in fast food. Especially when you add in being open 24 hours.

So at 2am, I decide I want hot meat in my mouth. I went to get a patty melt. Maybe it's just the newness of it, but I don't think I will ever have Wendy's, the mcdouble, or whopper again.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022306_jpg-2220433.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022335_jpg-2220434.JPG

Second impression: so freaking delicious. Bo woke up to see what the good smells were.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022501_jpg-2220435.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_023220_jpg-2220436.JPG
View Quote

You really should think before you post
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice! Love me a Whataburger Patty Melt, extra pepper sauce.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#22]
There's no children in that burger.

OR IS THERE?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Did you try their ketchup?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#24]

I know what you'll be ordering from in n out next time or the first time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Whataburger is nasty and I don’t understand the cult following it has with fellow Texans.  I do find it interesting how each Whataburger location has a 500lbs employee on premises at all times to sit on the burgers before serving them to customers.
View Quote

As a Texan, I just don't get the draw.  It's just another fast food hamburger.  They just opened one in the town down the road from me, and everyone is wetting themselves over it.  An article in the paper said they have 110 employees.  If you want half way decent food, this isn't the place to go.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Next trip to tennessee wanting to try whatta burger and in-n-out.  

So far the king is 5 guys.  Have one in a town that’s three and a half hours away and I look forward to it most trips lol
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I only have one murder dog. The brown dag was dna tested to show no murder dog after being told he was a "pit lab mix" lol.
View Quote

Are you trying to murder him with onions?
No good for dogs.  One or two little ones won’t kill, but they are linked to renal failure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Whataburger is horribly spotty.  One location can be great while another is terrible. The one by me has been terrible for a long time so I haven't eaten there in a while.

The best things on the menu are the BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich and the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are you trying to murder him with onions?
No good for dogs.  One or two little ones won’t kill, but they are linked to renal failure.
View Quote

Wow. Did not know this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#31]
KC is getting a bunch of them.  2 or three have already opened, and a couple more about to.  I will have 2 within 10 mins of the house!

(I'm a fan as well, so it's great for me.)

And yeah, we had the cops directing traffic as well.  One of them, the line went a couple miles, fucking up traffic on the interstate!  LoL.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did you try their ketchup?
View Quote

The spicy ketchup is fap worthy
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#33]
We have a WB 2 miles from our house.  We drive past it to go to McDonalds (that should tell you something about WB) because the last 2 drive through orders we got from them were cold burgers and fries.

If you cannot serve a burger that is at least warm through your drive through, you aren't doing a good job.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Whatabuger has changed over the year since getting bought out. The patties and fries are from a different vendor and no longer as big or taste the same. Seems quality control has slipped and service and taste is very location dependent. One near me is horrible and another a little further is ok. Use to be my favorite fast food burger, not so much now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The spicy ketchup is fap worthy
View Quote

It was the only reason to go there.  And then they started selling it at Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As a Texan, I just don't get the draw.  It's just another fast food hamburger.  They just opened one in the town down the road from me, and everyone is wetting themselves over it.  An article in the paper said they have 110 employees.  If you want half way decent food, this isn't the place to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't had a Whataburger that's been fit to eat in 25 years. They opened one here inour small town early last spring to much anticipation here. The food is horrible, and it's not just me, nobody in town will go there anymore. The one time we went it was the worst fast food we've ever had.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Their food is trash.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#38]
It comes down to locale. The WB nearest my house is dildos. Always slow as shit, always stale fries and mediocre taste on the burgers.

Most are good though. Especially on road trips. One to three have always been phenomenal when I visit.
But in today's worker climate they've all probably taken a hit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I don’t get the hate. They’re better than anything else chain fast food burger except maybe in-n-out. Generally speaking, most fast food sucks. Whataburger usually delivers most times.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022306_jpg-2220433.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022335_jpg-2220434.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022501_jpg-2220435.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_023220_jpg-2220436.JPG

If you are ever in Seattle, I can take you out to grab some Dick’s.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Haven’t eaten one in years but I do think they make a better burger then McDonalds, Wendy’s, or Burger King. I recall whataburger being great at one place and meh at another. We don’t have whataburger here and Culver’s is the go to fast food chain burger as a result.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#42]
ArfTexans have cooled on their Whataburger ardor since the company got sold off to some Chicago investment firm in 2019.

In-N-Out is still gloriously Christian family-owned.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In-n-Out sucks ass secret menu or not.

Edit: I also don't really like Whataburger, though the ketchup is the bomb.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They just opened one near where I live, but I haven’t eaten there yet. However, I am in the DFW area right now and had a double cheeseburger from What a Burger yesterday. I ate half of it and threw the rest away. Fries were decent, but even the burger I had from Braum’s on the way down here a couple days ago was superior.

This makes two times now that I’ve tried WB. Doubt there will be a third time.
View Quote

I to tried Whattaburger for the first time in a TX airport.  It was on par with Burger King in my opinion.  Once was all I needed to know that I won't eat there again if given other options.

I also think Chick-Fil-A is extremely overrated so maybe I'm broken?  I probably expected too much out of both of them (given all the hype) so  they really didn't stand a chance.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#45]
They just announced the first one for here about 8 miles away.

Haven’t lived near one since 1994 when we lived in Az.

Coincidentally that’s where my parents met way back
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Onions are toxic to dogs.  Don't want to hurt the fur babies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Genuine Whataburger:

Fake Whataburger run by corporate MBAs:

This should clarify the confusion.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#49]
To each their own but after trying one to see just what the fuss was about, we had left highly disappointed.

YMMV though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I used to get the chicken strips and white gravy from Whataburger when i lived in Lafayette La.

They were delicious.

I'm in Huntsville Al. almost everyday now and I'll stop in and try them out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top