Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Five Guys > In N Out/ WhataBurger
View Quote

I've only been to one so I can't say with any certainty that you're definitively wrong.   But the 5 guys I tried in Waco was fucking terrible.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Grew up with Whataburger.  Love a good Double meat with Cheese Whataburger but the WB's in Midland have sucked ass for years now.  Third world help can't seem to serve a hot fresh burger and fires if they tried.  I have to get my WB fix in Dallas when we visit the in-laws.  Some of the best ones are still down south around Corpus.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Whataburger master race. Beats the pants off In-n-out.

Try the honey butter chicken biscuits next time at 2am.
View Quote

Just like the crappy way texans make brisket and chili, Whataburger is one of those incredibly over rated texas things that actually sucks ass.

In and out is trash too if that makes you feel better.

The only fast food place that has a master race is Chick-Fil-A
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I like in n out. Whataburger double double green Chile is tits. Five guys is killer too.... but spendy yes. I love food!
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Krystal's...one burger to rule them all!
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The only fast food place that has a master race is Chick-Fil-A
View Quote

I have never understood the fascination with that place.   The service is great, the food is shit.  

I really think it comes down to what you grew up with.   I grew up eating whataburger with my Dad and Grandfather, when my Dad comes back to Texas, we always make the pilgrimage to Whataburger.   As others have pointed out, it really depends on the location.   The one near my house sucks, so I drive an extra 10 minutes if I want a Whataburger.  

I order a double double with grilled bun and grilled jalapenos and when you find a Whataburger that is run by competent people, it is outstanding.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
In Texas, it's pronounced, "water burger."
Also, join their mailing list.  They're one of the few that have good coupons / deals.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Shame that the location OP referenced is all the way across town from me because I'd like to give it a try.  Maybe this weekend I can find time to run down there and see what all the hoopla is about.

For you guys who like spicy ketchup, this stuff right here is the shit that killed Elvis.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Shame that the location OP referenced is all the way across town from me because I'd like to give it a try.  Maybe this weekend I can find time to run down there and see what all the hoopla is about.

For you guys who like spicy ketchup, this stuff right here is the shit that killed Elvis.  

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0444/6784/7325/products/SG_Ketchup_Glass_COB_ce9bfdac-3aa9-4cfc-9f76-7fff8c5c5840_900x.jpg?v=1637082831
View Quote

How hot are we talking about? Dave's Insanity Sauce lava hot? Or mild won't kill the world but still is tasty "hot?"
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Do you watch the celebrities eating hot wings channel?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to drive two hours to go to Whataburger so it's a very occasional treat. Green chile double for me, or a honey butter chicken biscuit in the morning. I've only eaten at locations in Arizona and New Mexico, they've all been fine.

Blake's Lotaburger is pretty great too. Closest one is in Silver City, but if I'm going to Silver I'm eating at Jalisco. I can demolish several Blake's green chile burgers at a sitting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Till you’ve had Five Guys in your mouth…
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Till you’ve had Five Guys in your mouth…
View Quote

Five Guys aren’t fast food. They’re slow and only have burgers and fries on the menu. Not a fair comparison. Good food though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've only been to one so I can't say with any certainty that you're definitively wrong.   But the 5 guys I tried in Waco was fucking terrible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Five Guys > In N Out/ WhataBurger

Five guys near me is complete and utter greasy garbage. Not to mention the fact that they are priced like a gourmet burger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just like the crappy way Texans make brisket and chili  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whataburger master race. Beats the pants off In-n-out.

Try the honey butter chicken biscuits next time at 2am.

Just like the crappy way Texans make brisket and chili  

You sir don't know you ass from a hole in the ground!
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've eaten there once. Went inside because the drive thru was bonkers. The first week at least, they needed police to direct traffic on the highway because Alabama drivers are retarded.

First time, I had the green Chile double bacon burger. Pretty freaking delicious. Best overall value in fast food. Especially when you add in being open 24 hours.

So at 2am, I decide I want hot meat in my mouth. I went to get a patty melt. Maybe it's just the newness of it, but I don't think I will ever have Wendy's, the mcdouble, or whopper again.

First impression: meh.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022306_jpg-2220433.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022335_jpg-2220434.JPG

Second impression: so freaking delicious. Bo woke up to see what the good smells were.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_022501_jpg-2220435.JPG

Spartacus even was looking out for a dropped onion.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20211229_023220_jpg-2220436.JPG
View Quote
So sorry to hear what happened to your children.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#18]
is Whataburger where hostile mexicans throw your own drink in your face and steal your hat while you're enjoying a tasty burger?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its been a long time since I've been to a Braums but yeah, I really liked their burgers.   They're more of a north Texas/Oklahoma thing tho, I think.   I think the southernmost Braums I remember seeing was in Temple maybe?  Or even just north of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laugh it up all you want, but their burger was better than WB’s in every way. Taste, freshness, heat retention, all superior to WB. I was surprised, as I’d never tried Braum’s prior to this trip.

Its been a long time since I've been to a Braums but yeah, I really liked their burgers.   They're more of a north Texas/Oklahoma thing tho, I think.   I think the southernmost Braums I remember seeing was in Temple maybe?  Or even just north of that.

Braum’s supplies all their stores with the Braum farm and won’t go through another supplier or distributor. So, you’ll never see one more than an hour or two from Oklahoma and it limits the amount of locations they can have.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How hot are we talking about? Dave's Insanity Sauce lava hot? Or mild won't kill the world but still is tasty "hot?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0444/6784/7325/products/SG_Ketchup_Glass_COB_ce9bfdac-3aa9-4cfc-9f76-7fff8c5c5840_900x.jpg?v=1637082831

It's not really hot, just spicy enough to know right away that it's no common ketchup.  It's hands down the best ketchup I've ever tasted.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's not really hot, just spicy enough to know right away that it's no common ketchup.  It's hands down the best ketchup I've ever tasted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine, challenge accepted
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top