BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it really that hard to believe that an email that is sent out through every agency nationwide could be lost and didn't make it down the chain far enough for her to get it? No way that's possible, must be a conspiracy.
View Quote

It's def possible. But the manager refused to even send an email inquiry up the chain of command to confirm.  Just do as your told. Question nothing..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've called them 3 times now.  Social Security Administration office still has not lowered their flag.  Says they have not been "properly notified" and wont lower their flag until they get an email, stating to do so.  The office Manager refused to go online, read the news, watch TV, etc to verify it on their own.  I asked her what the penalty for lowering it with out the notification, since she could easily verify it on her own.  Chain of command, blah, blah, blah was the answer...  People have no ability to think or make decisions on their own...

Going on 24 hrs since Obamalamadingdong caved in and ordered the US flag to be lowered at half staff and its still flying at full staff.....

View Quote

Call the news station?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What about calling your local congress person?
View Quote
This

I would call them and inform them that I am lowering the flag.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bureaucrat drones. They work for us, yeah, right !
View Quote

Work?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where?  They were in DC yesterday.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The directive to half-staff the flags has not been issued yet.

We get a Naval Message directing the Half-Staffing of the National Ensign with applicable dates of the period for half-staffing.
That message has not been disseminated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The flag in front of my facility is at half staff, and I would have lowered it myself if it were not.

WTF is wrong with some people?!?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's bizarre
View Quote

No it is not. Government bureaucrats are hardly ever held accountable for their misdeeds or what they failed to do but should have. Our biggest problem with the federal government is the Civil Service. Obama has loaded up the upper echelons of the federal bureaucracies with the worst liberal people you can imagine. Their attitudes trickle down hill like an avalanche with all the brown nosers and ass lickers in the Civil Service I.e. Lois Lerner and the IRS bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't we have any members with balls that can operate a flag-pole pulley?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
My Mickey D's had theirs a half staff today.

Quoted:
Don't we have any members with balls that can operate a flag-pole pulley?
View Quote

Some place keep their flag poles secured.

Local Walmart had a tattered flag hanging on by a thread. I went to take it down and it was locked. Told a manager about it and it was there for a lest a week in the same condition.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Most modern flag poles need a special barrel key lock to get at the ropes.
View Quote

Oh goodness!!!  cast iron and a $4 padlock!!!  Drat, foiled again!

Let's hope no one goes to Youtube and searches for 'forcible entry training'.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most modern flag poles need a special barrel key lock to get at the ropes.

Destroying federal property.

So. Break it. Lower flag.  Replace cheap lock with one you brought with you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Most folks who are 'in the know' know the message to lower the flag to half staff is sent over the same secure communications channels as the nuclear launch codes for SSBNs.  It's possible the SSA received a garbled or broken message with no further instructions since.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#13]
It is down at Fort Gordon
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Hit or miss here.  Most are at half staff but not all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the email about half mast this morning. But I'm just a contractor low low low on the totem pole. Says it's supposed to stay at half sat till sunset on the 25th.

That said they are probably just lazy turds.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've called them 3 times now.  Social Security Administration office still has not lowered their flag.  Says they have not been "properly notified" and wont lower their flag until they get an email, stating to do so.  The office Manager refused to go online, read the news, watch TV, etc to verify it on their own.  I asked her what the penalty for lowering it with out the notification, since she could easily verify it on her own.  Chain of command, blah, blah, blah was the answer...  People have no ability to think or make decisions on their own...

Going on 24 hrs since Obamalamadingdong caved in and ordered the US flag to be lowered at half staff and its still flying at full staff.....

EDITED-- Updated-- the local newspaper called to inquire abt it and the flag was lowered 10 mins later...  did the Manager get the official notification in the 10 mins between my call and the newspapers call, or did she do her job and make a Manager decision"?  Regardless, it's down...

Edited--  Just noticed the National Guard Armory's flag (.5 miles from the SSA), is still up..  Very disappointing...
View Quote

why is it being lowered this time?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Just so I'm clear on this...

Obama ordered the flags to half staff because of the dead jihadi, right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#18]
OP,  you should have asked the office manager if she thought they'd lower the flags if someone shot up a bunch of local social security management drones?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We get a Naval Message directing the Half-Staffing of the National Ensign with applicable dates of the period for half-staffing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The directive to half-staff the flags has not been issued yet.

So the Naval Message arrived yesterday at 1500 with a 211758Z DTG (obviously a fake DTG to cover slow rolling this notification).
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Went to the local USPS today and their flag was still at full staff. I asked them abt it and they seemed surprised that it wasn't lowered and said it should have been done 2 days ago. No shit...  

I guess no customers in the last 48hrs mentioned it to them either which is also sad...

City airport had the flag lowered yesterday but it's back up at full staff today?  I don't get it..
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't think any flags around here are at half.
As long as McD's drive through is still open nobody cares.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Progressives running the country have nothing but contempt for our armed services.

They look at them as racist organizations that enjoy killing brown people.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Most folks who are 'in the know' know the message to lower the flag to half staff is sent over the same secure communications channels as the nuclear launch codes for SSBNs.  It's possible the SSA received a garbled or broken message with no further instructions since.
View Quote

Sounded like "ahhh, ummmm, uhhhh, ummm, ahhh"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top