Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm liking how people are modding these things already.

Looks good lifted with bigger tires. I don't mind the lowered ones either.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42958/lifted-ford-maverick-on-32-inch-tires-looks-like-a-real-truck

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42904/someone-lowered-a-2022-ford-maverick-already-and-it-looks-sick

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Be interesting to see how the drivetrain holds up to bigger tires. Seems like FWD based rigs like this don't always do well with them as the hardware, Transmission, Steering are pretty small and light. Think I'd go Ranger if I really wanted to start upsizing much.

Quoted:

There's a lot of truth in that statement.  For a daily driver, hauling around tons of steel in a huge package when you almost never need it is pointless.  This market segment doesn't want that.

I still don't see Ford offering a lot of variety beyond what they've already done.  It will cost them a lot for a relatively small market segment and what are they supposed to do, charge less for the 2 door?  Not gonna happen.  Same with a manual.

They might do an AWD hybrid, add a locking diff to the rear or maybe an EV if the market really wants it.   It will be really interesting to see the sales figures after a year as to what options are selling best.
View Quote

What do you mean tons of steel? Are you saying a bed weighs more than a cab?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't see other body styles. Thats a lot of investment just in stamping dies to make all those panels. This vehicle is made to compete at a low price point. Can't do that with all the added cost. Car manufactures have went really lean in their manufacturing the last 10 years
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be interesting to see how the drivetrain holds up to bigger tires. Seems like FWD based rigs like this don't always do well with them as the hardware, Transmission, Steering are pretty small and light. Think I'd go Ranger if I really wanted to start upsizing much.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
There's a lot of truth in that statement.  For a daily driver, hauling around tons of steel in a huge package when you almost never need it is pointless.  This market segment doesn't want that.

I still don't see Ford offering a lot of variety beyond what they've already done.  It will cost them a lot for a relatively small market segment and what are they supposed to do, charge less for the 2 door?  Not gonna happen.  Same with a manual.

They might do an AWD hybrid, add a locking diff to the rear or maybe an EV if the market really wants it.   It will be really interesting to see the sales figures after a year as to what options are selling best.

Sorry I meant a full sized pickup vs the mav;  a lot of people interested in the mav would not be interested in an f-150 or equivalent.

From what Ive seen the drivetrain isn't particularly beefy, but it may be fine since it's a fairly light vehicle.   As for tires you can't go over 245/65's without it rubbing when you turn so the people putting huge ones are having to trim stuff.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...you can't go over 245/65's without it rubbing when you turn so the people putting huge ones are having to trim stuff.
View Quote

Seems like such a waste of time. Wrong tool for the job.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]

I wonder if we will see a resurgence of the mid-90's mini-truck scene...
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Looked into these and quickly lost interest.  Built on the Escape platform, as is the Bronco Sport. Escape does not have stellar reviews.  Transmission seems to be a weak point.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...you can't go over 245/65's without it rubbing when you turn so the people putting huge ones are having to trim stuff.

The best part is people putting huge off road tires on the FWD hybrid.   But whatever floats your boat.   The AWD is reasonably competent at "soft roading" but you aren't doing any serious rock hopping.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The best part is people putting huge off road tires on the FWD hybrid.   But whatever floats your boat.   The AWD is reasonably competent at "soft roading" but you aren't doing any serious rock hopping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. I would be concerned about them putting a strain on the transaxle and breaking it. I can certainly understand putting on tires with a more aggressive tread pattern than stock, if you need them, but a lightweight drivetrain built to a price is not going to be happy with big heavy wheels and tires.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#12]
This guy put 245/70’s with no mods.

FORD MAVERICK Tire Upgrade!
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s hardly as if 95% of ARs that get all dressed up do anything but pose for pictures and shoot dirt twice a year either but if that makes the owners happy then great.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It’s hardly as if 95% of ARs that get all dressed up do anything but pose for pictures and shoot dirt twice a year either but if that makes the owners happy then great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone should make big, gnarly looking all terrain tires with and AR-15 tread pattern.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]

I love lowered trucks, but that wheel and tire fitment is atrocious.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can’t keep up with kids these days.
Stance
Wheels wider than tires

I’ve seen weird stuff running down the road.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stance
Wheels wider than tires

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stance
Wheels wider than tires

“Stanced” cars are just awful, most of them have stretched tires which only makes it worse.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Someone should make big, gnarly looking all terrain tires with and AR-15 tread pattern.
View Quote

Owners of such tires should have an AR painted in a tire tread pattern.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Circle of life, brother, circle of life.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Those are bolt on turbo fans over the wheels. It's a callback to early 80's LeMans racing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Those are bolt on turbo fans over the wheels. It's a callback to early 80's LeMans racing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting concept, I’d never heard of it.

Still looks terrible IMO, but maybe slightly less so.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 1:02:16 AM EDT
[#28]

It looks like someone dragged $500 through the "clearance" section of a JC Whitney catalog.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#30]
FX4 oil change... I'm sure everyone's heard you must drop the skid plate... this guys truck had thread locker on all the bolts from the factory...

2022 Ford Maverick FX4 Oil Change Procedure (First Oil Change)

this is 1,500 mile likes/dislikes from the same guy... nothing earthshattering shared here, but IMO a really lovely color combo shown off in this vid... I especially like the wheels(I'm not a black wheel guy)... he also put a bit taller tire than factory on it.

2022 FORD MAVERICK 1,500 MILE UPDATE! OWNER IMPRESSIONS

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Rumor on the web is Ford is closing orders for Model Year 2022 HYBRID orders next week. Orders after that will be 2023 model (so likely Summer/Fall 2022 delivery).

Also apparently, any new orders made after 11/1 that are supposed to include a spray-in bedliner are being changed to (plastic) drop-in bedliner due to supply constraints. (though the Ford Build site still says spray-in) To be honest, if they reached out to me and offered me a $500 or so price reduction to go "bare" in the bed (and speed up the build), I'd use that savings to get a LineX or similar after-market.

I stumbled upon these mats that, while expensive, look very nice - https://www.tuxmat.com/products/8617-ford-bronco-sport-custom-mat?year=2022&inp=1
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
FX4 oil change... I'm sure everyone's heard you must drop the skid plate... this guys truck had thread locker on all the bolts from the factory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2kxEWSGkw

this is 1,500 mile likes/dislikes from the same guy... nothing earthshattering shared here, but IMO a really lovely color combo shown off in this vid... I especially like the wheels(I'm not a black wheel guy)... he also put a bit taller tire than factory on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYGTgerU14

View Quote

The black wheels look good in person - you have to see them up close.   They do a great job of showing off the disks and the silver of the disk offsets the black wheel.    I haven't seen anything really negative posted about this vehicle.   Owners seem to really like them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I especially like the wheels(I'm not a black wheel guy)...
View Quote

It's OK - You don't have to apologize for not being retarded.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Rough Country has a 1" lift for the Maverick and it looks good....

RC lift
View Quote

Those KO2's look great.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Those KO2's look great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RC lift

Those KO2's look great.

I see these pics and kind of want  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#37]
How are the GD Maverick owners liking them so far? Anyone have an AWD model in the snow yet, or soft offroading?

I bounce around about what kind of vehicle I want for getting to backpacking trails and such (mild offroading) and handling snow, and I really don't want a full size truck or Jeep...., so I've had Subaru Outbacks, for example, which are pretty perfect for my needs, but I really miss truck features a lot. Sometimes I have to get a load of water softener salt, or haul other items that won't fit in an Outback, etc. It seems like the Maverick may check off that last box.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2kxEWSGkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYGTgerU14

View Quote
That's... annoying.  I've gotten so spoiled on my past several vehicles with top or side mounted filters, Fumoto valves and oil extractors making oil changes so easy.  And that makes a difference because I pile on a lot of miles.  I'd probably pass on the FX4 package because of this, despite getting a lot of goodies at a very fair price.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How are the GD Maverick owners liking them so far? Anyone have an AWD model in the snow yet, or soft offroading?

I bounce around about what kind of vehicle I want for getting to backpacking trails and such (mild offroading) and handling snow, and I really don't want a full size truck or Jeep...., so I've had Subaru Outbacks, for example, which are pretty perfect for my needs, but I really miss truck features a lot. Sometimes I have to get a load of water softener salt, or haul other items that won't fit in an Outback, etc. It seems like the Maverick may check off that last box.
View Quote

From early reports it seems decent - I'm trading in a Subaru Crosstrek that has been great in the snow (admittedly with snow-rated All Seasons), hoping the Mav's AWD is similar. Here's a video with it on snowy/muddy trails, albeit with aftermarket all-terrain tires -

2022 Ford Maverick FX4 Vredestein Pinza All-Terrain Mountain Adventure

Looking at TireRack (and they have a Maverick visualizer up now), it would only cost ~$1100 for a set of dedicated snow tires on steelies. It's looking like early 2022 before I get my truck so will likely see how it handles the rest of the winter and get a set for next year. Some people have been using their "Ford Points" from buying the truck towards the purchase of snow tires.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

From early reports it seems decent - I'm trading in a Subaru Crosstrek that has been great in the snow (admittedly with snow-rated All Seasons), hoping the Mav's AWD is similar. Here's a video with it on snowy/muddy trails, albeit with aftermarket all-terrain tires -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46vMHA8SCf8

Looking at TireRack (and they have a Maverick visualizer up now), it would only cost ~$1100 for a set of dedicated snow tires on steelies. It's looking like early 2022 before I get my truck so will likely see how it handles the rest of the winter and get a set for next year. Some people have been using their "Ford Points" from buying the truck towards the purchase of snow tires.
View Quote

Thanks watching now.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Ooo looks like I can get Ford X pricing on this through work.....,
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ooo looks like I can get Ford X pricing on this through work.....,
View Quote
If you can find a dealer that will do it right now
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you can find a dealer that will do it right now
View Quote

Local dealer says they will "if it applies." It does, I looked it up, will save me about 1500 bucks. Stopping by Monday to see what they say and maybe place an order after I watch some more videos this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm sure it wouldn't be popular on the internet, but that one with bigger tires would do 90% of what I would need a truck to do.  Make it a hybrid AWD/4X4, and I'll be buying one in a few years.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm sure it wouldn't be popular on the internet, but that one with bigger tires would do 90% of what I would need a truck to do.  Make it a hybrid AWD/4X4, and I'll be buying one in a few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agree

Too bad I’ll be spoiling that by dropping it and running 19” wheels.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RC lift

Those KO2's look great.

I see these pics and kind of want  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/B42322DE-76E3-4C65-A214-31392D8D945C_jpe-2165135.JPG

Oh man, that looks great. Hopefully they’ll do a Raptor version.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

couple more I watched just the other day from the same guy... gives a good idea of what it can and can't do.
2022 Ford Maverick FX4 All-Terrain Tire Off-Road Test

2022 Ford Maverick FX4 with BFG Trail-Terrains Off-Road Adventure

@ 26:00 in this one he comes across a part of the trail that's had a mudslide across it... the most extreme obstacle he takes on..
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oh man, that looks great. Hopefully they’ll do a Raptor version.
View Quote

Not raptor, rattler.

https://www.sema.org/news-media/enews/2021/45/spy-shots-ford-maverick-rattler-sits-slightly-higher-dearborn

Link Posted: 11/14/2021 12:36:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#50]
It's MAVERICK Time: Ford's Tiniest Truck Takes On The World's TOUGHEST Towing Test!

TFL did one of their towing tests with the hybrid.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top