User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably won't have a v8 option
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Evidently Ford feels like Corvette has an advantage in rear engine cars right now...You would think with the price of the GT40 they would want to build something way cheaper but that can compete with the vet...Mustang seems like a funky stretch from pony car to supercar...its own name and style would be cool...
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh god...Ford is going to royally fuck this up without questions.

Remember that last cool thing Ford did? The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help. A flat plane is supposed to sound like a symphony of dead dinosaur juice exploding under pressure and FIRE!

Instead they made a nasty sounding engine that sounds like a hoarse coyote is shitting out a stuck rock
View Quote

Spot on
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Just give us a GT that sort of looks like the 2004/6 version / GT40,
With the Coyote engine that cost like entry level Corvette money,
Call it the GT classic,
And have a killer seller moving like 20K units a year.

Instead of some 500K/million dollar, virtually zero production super car.

Why invent some mid engine Mustang, name electric SUVs a Mustang instead of Colt or something that rhymes with volt, etc.?

We already have / had Mustangs ranging from 30-75K.

Give us a GT 85-100K instead of inventing a mid/rear engine mustang.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
America already had a mid-engine sports car...Pat Coin killed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X4pvsoZ35k
View Quote

If I had the money sitting around for stupid stuff, a later model Fiero would be on the list. They were cool cars.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Probably won't have a v8 option
View Quote

The GT has an ecoboost V6, so you're probably right
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They need to fuck off.

Call it a GT or something else.   This ruining things that have tradition and meaning to appease the have nothing youngsters pisses me off to no end.

The DEI inclusion crossover "mustang" is a fucking joke.  The Bruce Jenner of the automotive world insisting people call it something it is not, the crossover for cross dressers, the TranE.

Those that do not seem to get why I hate it so much.

Try going to craigslist while shopping for an actual Mustang.    Results get polluted with bullshit returns because little timmy the retarded window licking helmet wearing crossover now slips through the filters.

Fuck off.
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Call it the GT classic,

Why invent some mid engine Mustang, name electric SUVs a Mustang instead of Colt or something that rhymes with volt, etc.?

View Quote

That is fords real problem.    They hold back production of units like Boss 302, GT500, GT350 and they wind up with STUPID ADM of 25-50% of msrp.

Meanwhile Chrysler thew a hellcat in everything and MSRP was easy to find unless a rare special run like demon or red eye.

I want a 13 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 10yrs later and they are still 40-50k for low miles due to only 750 per year for 12 and 13.   Even regular Boss 302s are maybe 4500 per year, the GT350 had a longer run.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Gay and sacrilege
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Very odd. The new one is ugly and it sounds like shit. Maybe this one won’t suck? I bet it will be way to expensive.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've wanted an affordable mid-engine for a while now. I hoped it would come from Toyota, but it'd be nice if this was affordable and not electric.
View Quote

Affordability has nothing to do with price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mid-engine is cool. Mid-engine Mustang is gay.

They literally couldn't think of another name? Everything is a Mustang these days.
View Quote

The original 1962 Mustang I concept car was a 2-seat roadster with a mid-engine V4.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's a hand-built supercar designed to let the Mustang compete in something.... Multimatic is making it, not Ford. Us peasants won't be able to afford/own it anyways.
View Quote

Great.  Just what we need, yet another quarter million dollar sports car.  

Building a $250,000 mid-engine sports car is boringly easy and literally any manufacturer can do it, and most have.  But that market is extremely small, and once the initial "cool new thing" frenzy dies down, and all the billionaires have one, not a lot of people in that market, and it fails due to "lack of sales".  Shocking.  

Building a $60,000 mid-engine sports car is what would be considered a breakthrough and something special.  C8 did it.  No one else seems to be able to compete.

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.7thmustang.com/threads/mid-engine-ford-mustang-leaked.809/
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
America already had a mid-engine sports car...Pat Coin killed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X4pvsoZ35k
View Quote

“I don’t know how else to tell you folks, that is not, a sports kar.”

The Fiero is an economy kar.

The Pontiac Fiero was A 50-mpg Con Job - Full History - Jason Cammisa's Revelations Ep. 27
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I bet it's going to cost north of current gen corvettes too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Building a $250,000 mid-engine sports car is boringly easy and literally any manufacturer can do it, and most have.  But that market is extremely small, and once the initial "cool new thing" frenzy dies down, and all the billionaires have one, not a lot of people in that market, and it fails due to "lack of sales".  Shocking.  

Building a $60,000 mid-engine sports car is what would be considered a breakthrough and something special.  C8 did it.  No one else seems to be able to compete.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a hand-built supercar designed to let the Mustang compete in something.... Multimatic is making it, not Ford. Us peasants won't be able to afford/own it anyways.

Toyota did it a long time ago. The last MR2 would be around $40k in today's dollars, for a base model.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They need to fuck off.

Call it a GT or something else.   This ruining things that have tradition and meaning to appease the have nothing youngsters pisses me off to no end.

The DEI inclusion crossover "mustang" is a fucking joke.  The Bruce Jenner of the automotive world insisting people call it something it is not, the crossover for cross dressers, the TranE.

Those that do not seem to get why I hate it so much.

Try going to craigslist while shopping for an actual Mustang.    Results get polluted with bullshit returns because little timmy the retarded window licking helmet wearing crossover now slips through the filters.

Fuck off.
View Quote

. I knew this was Uglygun before I checked the screen name.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Toyota did it a long time ago. The last MR2 would be around $40k in today's dollars, for a base model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  So did GM.  How many decades have the MR2 and Fiero been gone now?  I think they have both been dead for at least 30 years.
Where are all the affordable mid-engine cars today?  

I think a modern day $39,900 MR2 or Fiero would sell like crazy, provided they were NON-EV and thus saddled with 800 extra pounds of battery.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#22]
It's been done before...

Mid engine Boss 429 1969 Mustang.

Go to 4:30

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yep.  So did GM.  How many decades have the MR2 and Fiero been gone now?  I think they have both been dead for at least 30 years.  Where are all the affordable mid-engine cars today?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  So did GM.  How many decades have the MR2 and Fiero been gone now?  I think they have both been dead for at least 30 years.  Where are all the affordable mid-engine cars today?

The last year for the spyder was 2007

I know they aren't the most powerful car, but that isn't really what interests me. The spyder was arguably the most enjoyable driving experience the average person could afford.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Came down to threatening Corvette sales, truth or perception, didn't matter.

It's too bad the Fiero grows rust like it's rare.  I worked with a Fiero enthusiast that owned 8 or 10 at the time, and almost sucked me in.  There's a large club in the region from Chicago to Alton Illinois.

View Quote

I alway found Fieros be fairly rust resistant.

Anyway, GM has sacrificed so many performance cars over the years on the altar of the Corvette that its mind boggling.

Hopefully Ford doesn't make the same mistake.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#25]
The back seat on the current Mustangs is so comically small that they might as well use the space for something else.

A family pet would feel cramped back there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I laugh in Cayman S
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So now the Mustang is a 'brand' and not a model?  

They're doing their best to stretch the Mustang nameplate into oblivion, which is something usually reserved for GM.
View Quote

They are all doing it. Ford is turning "Mustang" and "Bronco" into brands. GM is doing it with the "Corvette". Chrysler might have started into when the turned with the "Ram" into a brand?

I think it's stupid but whatever. I stopping buying anything new from the big 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Remember that last cool thing Ford did? The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help. A flat plane is supposed to sound like a symphony of dead dinosaur juice exploding under pressure and FIRE!

Instead they made a nasty sounding engine that sounds like a hoarse coyote is shitting out a stuck rock
View Quote

The sound of the voodoo is the only good thing about that motor. It’s an overly complicated oil drinking pos.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The last year for the spyder was 2007
I know they aren't the most powerful car, but that isn't really what interests me. The spyder was arguably the most enjoyable driving experience the average person could afford.
View Quote

Ah yes, thanks... I had forgotten about those, probably because they were nearly unobtainable, and over $30,000 (over $45,000 in today's dollars).  In its final year, less than 1,000 were imported into north America, so "rare" is an exaggeration.   The last one I looked at in that body style had a $10,000 markup, because "rarity".

I did really like those MR2's but at 6 foot, I never bought one because I didn't really fit into them, as that was a common complaint in their reviews -- "cramped interior".  The Fiero was quite spacious in comparison.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not buying it.  Looks like a chop or rendering.  Proportions are wrong for a mid engine car.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Ford already has a mid-engine sports car. It's called the GT...based on the famed Le Mans-winning GT40 race car.

Damn car companies are getting to be too much like Hollywood. They can't think of anything new, so they just rehash the same shit over and over again, hoping no one will notice.

The Mustang is an iconic car. Now they're going to make it a brand"? Hyundai sort of did that with the Genesis. It's no longer a Hyundai Genesis like it's no longer a Dodge Ram. It's just Genesis, now, like it's just Ram. If you go to the Dodge web site, you won't find the Ram on there. You have to go to a different site entirely to find it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]
EV thread
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are just pissed because the passenger seat isn’t oversized to accommodate fatties.

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#34]
By Edward Snitkoff

Ed owns a 1986 Ford Taurus LX, and he routinely daydreams about buying another one, a fantasy that may someday become a reality.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Are they going to fix the fucking paint bubbling off the fucking hood? Motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Today isn't April 1 is it????
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The sound of the voodoo is the only good thing about that motor. It’s an overly complicated oil drinking pos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah? Didnt break yours in correctly huh? That's if you even had one.
Ive got two, both north of 20K gen 1's and no hiccups or consumption.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This. Imagine a factory stripped Mustang GT with no rear seats, no A/C, no power window/locks/seats, but still with all the power and braking of the GT?

That would be badass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, the dilution of the mustang name by turning it into a brand is really questionable.

A more affordable GT would have been cool.

This. Imagine a factory stripped Mustang GT with no rear seats, no A/C, no power window/locks/seats, but still with all the power and braking of the GT?

That would be badass.
Even if they just made it available to order via CPO. Bring back the old days of stocking lots with common configurations for the common peon and being able to order literally anything and have it built if you can wait for it. You want a 4-banger Mustang convertible with no options except the GT sway bars and LSD? Check these boxes...
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Call it the GT classic,

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Would be an absolute sales winner. Make it so anyone could walk into a dealer and order one without allocation bullshit. Save a model or 2 like the gt500 and gt for the cars and coffee crowd that cares about nonsense like build numbers and exclusivity. A working man’s gt40 with a 5.2 n/a cross plane coyote and tremec? Oh lord
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Can it compete with the Mustang Mach E?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Would they be allowed to call it a mid-ENGINE?  I've always been told EVs run on motors, not engines. That could be totally bogus info though.  Will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed for an ICE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better not be some electric puke ??

Would they be allowed to call it a mid-ENGINE?  I've always been told EVs run on motors, not engines. That could be totally bogus info though.  Will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed for an ICE.

@beitodesstrafe do your taycan's motors identify as an ICE engine

EV THREAD
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

They need help from Maserati.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mid-engine is cool. Mid-engine Mustang is gay.

They literally couldn't think of another name? Everything is a Mustang these days.
View Quote

They called their four door EV crossover a Mustang. As far as sacrilege against the Mustang nameplate goes, a mid-engine performance variant doesn’t seem so bad
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've wanted an affordable mid-engine for a while now. I hoped it would come from Toyota, but it'd be nice if this was affordable and not electric.
View Quote

The Lotus Emira has a Toyota engine. But affordable it is not @ $93,900 for the MT version and $96,050 for the auto
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Call it the GT classic,

View Quote

The Ford GT was one of the best callback cars they ever did. They still look amazing to this day IMO.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Midengine corvette?

Ok, still looks more or less like a corvette.  I can live with it

Mid engine “mustang”?

Looks like…. Uh… I’m not sure what it looks like.

Shouldn’t carry the mustang name. Should have been a GT-something.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
front end looks way too long on that to be a mid-engine setup
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Needs a 1.0L Eco boost. Targa top two seats 1600 pounds and 30K
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that is legit, that is badass.

Actually still looks like a Mustang.

Does not look mid engined though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go unfuck your ears bud.
Page / 8
Top Top