Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Exit through back door of building.
Retreat through neighborhood alley or woods.
Bill will look very silly waiting in front of building.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this for the snow birds, rabid golfers or zombie old ladies ar Walmart? WTF Ft Pierce?
View Quote

Well it is much more survivable of a vehicle when those bluehairs go flying out of their driveways without looking.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
First it's all:

Later it's like:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
First it's all:

“If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

Later it's like:

“I saw my SWAT team roll up in this, then it tipped over, so fuck it. I give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

first post 100% win
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

1960 called
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  

1960 called

LOL. No.

The shit that police are prepared to deal with is childs play compared to what they will face with a bad guy bent on taking out an MRAP.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I will admit this is about as stupid as stupid gets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Military is dumping those things as fast as they can.  Every PD in the country will have one within a couple of years..  If they don't go to the PD they just get scrapped.
View Quote

It's going to get scrapped anyway when the cost of new tires and other maintenance eats up most of Officer Smiley's department budget.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Based on his statements the Chief is a moron. He aquired this vehicle for exactly the wrong purpose. Someone needs to have a talk with him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
2012 Census reports < 42.000 residents in Ft Pierce.

His name is Sean Baldwin.
View Quote

High Springs had 5,350 and got an MRAP.  Pretty soon towns will be deciding whether to install that first red light or get an MRAP.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:13:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's going to get scrapped anyway when the cost of new tires and other maintenance eats up most of Officer Smiley's department budget.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Military is dumping those things as fast as they can.  Every PD in the country will have one within a couple of years..  If they don't go to the PD they just get scrapped.

I wonder how much maintenance they'll actually need only being driven in parades and for photo ops?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wonder how much maintenance they'll actually need only being driven in parades and for photo ops?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully, it's probably more than you think.  It's the rarely used vehicles that usually break down.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Because of shit like this, determined bad guys will counter with IEDs.  A law against IEDs won't stop them.

I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  Thanks for bringing IEDs to America fuckers.

It will take a while though for the cops to be able to use these things successfully, as posted up thread they're going to roll a few times before they get there.

View Quote

kinda like how cops shouldnt wear ballistic vests because then the bad guys will carry bigger guns!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#12]
//cool, I wish I had one, and so do most of you!
also, why is the reported weight of these things varying from 15-30 ton...that's a hell of a difference.//

Dry vs. loaded w/ Heavy6 class operatorz.
Ever see some of the gentlemen we have in the south in uniform?  

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering as well. How long will they last if its started once a week and driven around the block but otherwise not used until its needed?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Wait till it breaks down.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah they will just raise your taxes to cover the cost . Then we can see how really pissed off people will be.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

kinda like how cops shouldnt wear ballistic vests because then the bad guys will carry bigger guns!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because of shit like this, determined bad guys will counter with IEDs.  A law against IEDs won't stop them.

I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  Thanks for bringing IEDs to America fuckers.

It will take a while though for the cops to be able to use these things successfully, as posted up thread they're going to roll a few times before they get there.

Bigger guns might affect the cop but it doesn't affect the whole block or city.

IED's have a little bit more effect on the general population.  

Go figure you can't see past your badge.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have this image in mind that they have a U-Joint in the middle.
View Quote

alot of you kids seem to be obsessed with attacking police, defeating their protection, and harming innocent people
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sell for scrap and aquire new one?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally I think wearing a Kevlar vest is a little bit different from obtaining a surplus military armored personnel carrier and then openly admitting that you intend to use it offensively.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:17:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

alot of you kids seem to be obsessed with attacking police, defeating their protection, and harming innocent people
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just trolling the .gov shills is all.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean this in the nicest possible way. You have some sort of IED obsession you might need help working through.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#23]
If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, you're probably already exhausted and starving because it has taken us 3 hours to find the guy that knows how to drive it, put air in the tires, move the seized motorcycles out from in front of it, and get here... so you might as well give up before the jail stops serving dinner.

FIFH
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the police become militarized, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
View Quote

police are not militerized because they have armor. lots of civilians have armor. its is also nothing new.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better get them now.  With all the little towns getting them I can't believe any more a available.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's my understanding the basic running gear and chassis is standard dump truck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's my understanding the basic running gear and chassis is standard dump truck.

It is for a MaxxPro, not so for the Caiman.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Hell, for $2k I'd pick one up for shits and giggles.

But yeah, this guy is a jackass.  Is his SWAT team just going to hang out in the vehicle?  It's just a damned transport.  I don't see how "It's over" just because they roll up in that.  I'd be more concerned about an 18 wheeler full of SWAT guys than that thing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
haha, i hope "maintenance mondays" come to the police force! soon after they will get a SAMS box and start printing 5988's
View Quote

the guts apparently are the same as most city plow trucks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one here has spent more time in the shop than out of the shop. From what I've read, that's SOP
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Personally I think wearing a Kevlar vest is a little bit different from obtaining a surplus military armored personnel carrier and then openly admitting that you intend to use it offensively.
View Quote

Yes this chief is amoron. he's all "wohoo! I got a tank, check me out!"

I can only hope there is someone who has already pulled him aside and explained to his dumb ass that they day they have to use their new armorered vehicle means its already the worst day their department ever had. That they need it means citizens or officers are bleeding out under fire and they cant get to them on foot or with a crown victoria without more getting killed or injured.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no clue. The electrical system on the one here is fucked.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Bet it wouldn't survive the Killdozer   I'd love to see it get pushed right back threw the police station.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
haha, i hope "maintenance mondays" come to the police force! soon after they will get a SAMS box and start printing 5988's

Navistar MaxxPro's are based on International dump trucks, they make sense for parts and mechanical commonality in that regard.

BAE Caiman's are based on the Army's LMTV trucks and have no parts commonality with civilian vehicles. That is what this PD has.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I mean this in the nicest possible way. You have some sort of IED obsession you might need help working through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you think they're just a whole barrel of fun to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the job of the politicians and their loyal police lap dogs
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, I just have moron tinted glasses
badguys didnt start carrying bigger guns because cops started wearing vests.
the only people who will be making IED's are sovereign wannabes to secure their "compounds"
but then those type prolly already have tannerite buried in the driveway.

also, this may surprise you, but LE has had armor for many any years.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
First it's all:

Later it's like:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
First it's all:

“If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

Later it's like:

“I saw my SWAT team roll up in this, then it tipped over, so fuck it. I give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

BOOM!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. But biker gangs and communist groups have used them in the USA for over 50-years. The idea that the mere presence of an armorerd vehicle in the police lot will cause bombers to become more active or create more bombers is silly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the police become militarized, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
View Quote

So true and couldn't agree more but I think your late on the protect and serve part
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Bet it wouldn't survive the Killdozer   I'd love to see it get pushed right back threw the police station.
View Quote

Nice little fantasy you have there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so the solution is to have police lay down their arms and go home! then criminals will give up their life of crime and get an honest job!
BRIILLIANT!
I suppose the .mil should do that too! world peace in our day! who woulda thunk!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#42]
The original media headline for this article was "Ft. Pierce Police get used military tank".  I was like when I read that.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

1960 called
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  

1960 called

Dam you must be older then me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
the only people who will be making IED's are sovereign wannabes to secure their "compounds"

View Quote

LE has had armor for years, but now there's a new trend in showing it off like they're warfighters because they got an MRAP.  That's a shift in thinking with leadership.  That leads to a shift in operations against criminals, that leads to criminals changing tactics.

I can't imagine that determined criminals would begin to give up their trade just because the police began acquiring a vehicle that CAN be defeated with a liberal application of explosives, if defeating that vehicle was a necessary ingredient for their escape.  

And when that happens, remember that the whole thing started because someone needed a toy to go with their flat top haircut.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nope. But biker gangs and communist groups have used them in the USA for over 50-years. The idea that the mere presence of an armorerd vehicle in the police lot will cause bombers to become more active or create more bombers is silly.
View Quote

OK, if you say so.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
so the solution is to have police lay down their arms and go home! then criminals will give up their life of crime and get an honest job!
BRIILLIANT!
I suppose the .mil should do that too! world peace in our day! who woulda thunk!
View Quote

At the end of the day, when coupled with a population that learns to protect themselves and is allowed to because daddy.gov no longer does it, it probably would be a far better solution than MRAPs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They drank the Kool-Aid along time ago. Its obvious.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

LE has had armor for years, but now there's a new trend in showing it off like they're warfighters because they got an MRAP.  That's a shift in thinking with leadership.  That leads to a shift in operations against criminals, that leads to criminals changing tactics.

I can't imagine that determined criminals would begin to give up their trade just because the police began acquiring a vehicle that CAN be defeated with a liberal application of explosives, if defeating that vehicle was a necessary ingredient for their escape.  

And when that happens, remember that the whole thing started because someone needed a toy to go with their flat top haircut.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

following your logic, why hasent the military given up its armor? we get rid of all out tanks, NK, Russia, IRAN will all do the same because
hell, why build them is the US doesnt have any! right?
or don't you value soldiers lives?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nahhh.  I don't own any heavy equipment.  But to be so arrogant to think that all you have to do is show up in an armored vehicle and the show is over......
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

following your logic, why hasent the military given up its armor? we get rid of all out tanks, NK, Russia, IRAN will all do the same because
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Durr.  Sorry about you're stroke, hope you get better.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top