BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From my preacher, a long time ago. Don't  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

Hell, at 15, I was smoking weed, drinking beer and chasing women.
View Quote
That is truly some shit advice. Lower standards is a cop out so you don't have to deal with the difficult task of parenting, which, by definition, should be wanting better for your kids than you had for yourself.

Based on my own experiences and fuck ups, I understand some of the shit they get into and are going through, but that doesn't mean I am telling them that it is okay. It is my job to help them be the best they can be, not cop out and say "oh well. I did it too."
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Make her smoke 3 packs of cigarettes in a row,  at least i remember hearing that worked when I was a kid
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The biggest problem is that the girl is 15. If she were an adult, she could be making her own mistakes. A 15 year old shouldn't be able to buy it. Someone is buying it for her, or some shop is selling to minors.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Make her smoke 3 packs of cigarettes in a row,  at least i remember hearing that worked when I was a kid
View Quote

Go back one page and read my reply. One pack will be enough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

From my preacher, a long time ago. Don’t  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

Hell, at 15, I was smoking weed, drinking beer and chasing women.
View Quote

At 15 I was not doing drugs, smoking, or drinking. I had a part-time job in a machine shop saving money for college, active in sports, Boy Scouts, and youth group. My parent made sure I didn't have time for doing stupid things.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I voted little deal because it is a social things for most kids. I assume nicotine, not THC, otherwise it is a bigger deal. Now you talk to her and see how she uses it to make up your judgement in the seriousness of it.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top