BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Troy and Springfield doubled down and tried to crawfish their way out of trouble and it didn't work so to hell with them. Looks like Benchmade is doing the same thing. Rock River and LaRue manned up and the industry forgave them. See a pattern developing here?
View Quote
What did LaRue do? I missed it.

@futurerancher
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

@futurerancher
View Quote
He got a badge from a rural PD.

All the cops got worked up over it. God forbid their little LEOSA be open to any civilians.

Much butthurt amongst LEO.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

All the cops got worked up over it. God forbid their little LEOSA be open to any civilians.

View Quote
Oh. That. Falls into the “so what” category with me. Thought maybe he was caught taking Lloyd Doggett to a strip club or something.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh. That. Falls into the “so what” category with me. Thought maybe he was caught taking Lloyd Doggett to a strip club or something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After raising so much money in the Nolo dillos, I'm pretty tolerant of anything Larue decides to do.

And if he manages full get a bunch of LEO panties in a knot in the process, that's just icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@futurerancher

Sounds like much ado about nothing
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought it was because of the water hose comment.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@futurerancher
View Quote
Lake Arthur, NM Chief of Police Resigns Amid Pay-For-Play Reserve Program
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Alan Gottlieb, the founder of the pro-gun rights Second Amendment Foundation, noted that destroying guns would benefit gun manufacturers.

“If there’s a demand to buy firearms, and the city has destroyed these guns, it just helps the firearms industry selling new guns … If you’re anti-gun it backfires in your face.”
View Quote
Supported UBC in WA state IIRC.

His logic sucks BTW if gun rights and ownership is a societal "good" (which I hope he thinks it is).

Look at how "cash for clunkers" f-ed up the used car market.

Pricing folks of moderate means out of a car or a firearm is asinine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been carrying a Benchmade Griptilian for more years than I can count.  It's been an awesome blade for me.  The combination of size and weight, combined with the axis lock, has made it my favorite blade I've ever carried.
The blade has worn down (from years and years of sharpening) and I was looking forward to its replacement being purchased..

...I just bought a Cold Steel blade.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I have obtained an exclusive image of the Benchmade executive leadership team crafting this apology video

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was a special celebrity and wealthy person pay to play badge.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
The body language in that video was horrible.  It's amazing how the guy cuts nice checks for anti-gun politicians but doesn't spend a dime to hire an image/PR disaster recovery consultant.  Fucking clown is in over his head.

PS  I've never owned a Benchmade product.  And now...never will own one in the future either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The body language in that video was horrible.  It's amazing how the guy cuts nice checks for anti-gun politicians but doesn't spend a dime to hire an image/PR disaster recovery consultant.  Fucking clown is in over his head.

PS  I've never owned a Benchmade product.  And now...never will own one in the future either.
View Quote
He doesn't think its needed.  He thinks this will quickly blow over and counts on people having short memories.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shit, it was $400.  You could have had one.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#15]
too little, too late

they're dead to me
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

His logic sucks BTW if gun rights and ownership is a societal "good" (which I hope he thinks it is).

Look at how "cash for clunkers" fucked up the used car market.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alan Gottlieb, the founder of the pro-gun rights Second Amendment Foundation, noted that destroying guns would benefit gun manufacturers.

“If there’s a demand to buy firearms, and the city has destroyed these guns, it just helps the firearms industry selling new guns … If you’re anti-gun it backfires in your face.”

Look at how "cash for clunkers" fucked up the used car market.

Gottlieb and his bowties too often lead to his bent for auto-erotic asphyxiation.  He got SAF goofy in 2013 with his support of Toomey-Manchin.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Too late.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 1:46:16 AM EDT
[#18]
The Founder/CEO statement made it very clear he is at best a "reasonable restrictions" type of gun banner.

Not another dime from me.

Gun stores that carry BM will be a last resort option for gun purchases [i.e. will not be an option].

The gun rights community has a mortally dangerous internal rot that will spread if traitors are not held economically accountable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:30:21 AM EDT
[#19]
FBM

and the horse they ride in on.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 2:59:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:05:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Brads wife works at Benchmade.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:11:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who is brad?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:15:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who is brad?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is brad?
The guy whose wife works at Benchmade.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:33:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:06:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
$400 is a lot of money.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
this is a bonus in my book.  screw the whole concept of LEOSA.  it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:21:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
And he paid to get it.  For himself.  It's one thing to support Nationwide ccw for everyone, it's another thing to pay for a special badge.

I support Nationwide ccw for everyone.  I'm covered by leosa but I still maintain a permit and I still abide by local laws.  No need for special treatment for me.  Paying for a le badge is lame as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:31:31 AM EDT
[#28]
He did the exact same thing all leftists do when they get called out for double speak - attempt to suppress dissent and double down.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#30]
He said, almost word for word, the same things on Tom Gresham's show.  The difference is Tom held his feet to the fire over some very specific issues and the guy fell apart.  The guest that followed was also pretty brutal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:58:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Matt's replies come off very contrived and I don't believe the disabled comments excuse. Someone had to do it; comments being disabled was not an automatic function of posting the video elsewhere.

The suggestion that no one at BM knew comments were off is absurd to the point of being insulting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He said, almost word for word, the same things on Tom Gresham's show.  The difference is Tom held his feet to the fire over some very specific issues and the guy fell apart.  The guest that followed was also pretty brutal.
View Quote
Listening to this now. I’m used to softball interviews with manufacturers, but you are right Tom went after him in a controlled manner.

I was ready to get the full story and it just got worse for Benchmade.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And he paid to get it.  For himself.  It's one thing to support Nationwide ccw for everyone, it's another thing to pay for a special badge.

I support Nationwide ccw for everyone.  I'm covered by leosa but I still maintain a permit and I still abide by local laws.  No need for special treatment for me.  Paying for a le badge is lame as fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is LEOSA.  If you are retired you should follow the same rules as every other citizen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#34]
The problem for Benchmade as I see it.

They are a bunch of douchebag liberals trying to make a living off of very conservative people.  They thought they were smarter and better than the people buying their product.  It is not going to end well for them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So is LEOSA.  If you are retired you should follow the same rules as every other citizen.
View Quote
Whah whah whah.  Cry some more. No one gives a shit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
too little, too late

they're dead to me
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#38]
I lost my Benchmade in a parking lot a while back ...

Replaced it with an SOG.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The problem for Benchmade as I see it.

They are a bunch of douchebag liberals trying to make a living off of very conservative people.  They thought they were smarter and better than the people buying their product.  It is not going to end well for them.
View Quote
Exactly.

They've been the bad guys all along. The only thing that has changed is our knowledge of their position.

Benchmade didn't just become the enemy, they've always been the enemy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever.   I would do it if given the opportunity.   Fuck leosa.   But not taking advantage of it if you can is stupid.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#41]
They keep repeating this "we just cut them smaller to fit in boxes so they could be destroyed" and they don't realize that if they didn't destroy them, as in 3 torch cuts to the receiver, they're likely guilty of manufacturing and transferring SBRs and SBS'.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Exactly.

They've been the bad guys all along. The only thing that has changed is our knowledge of their position.

Benchmade didn't just become the enemy, they've always been the enemy.
View Quote
This bears repeating.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's a big who gives a fuck in my book.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Maybe it was all an elaborate scheme to get fully stocked at all Dick's.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

After raising so much money in the Nolo dillos, I'm pretty tolerant of anything Larue decides to do.

And if he manages full get a bunch of LEO panties in a knot in the process, that's just icing on the cake.
View Quote
Pretty much this
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well if you're in bed with Dicks..........
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
They’re the premier brand at anti-gun REI and Canada’s MEC too....
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@futurerancher

I would not say the 2A community got riled up over LaRue, I'd say a very small cross section of the 2A community got butthurt.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Burn baby burn.  Finance Dems... you suck!
View Quote
Oregon leans Democratic as a state, with both U.S. Senators from the Democratic party, as well as four out of Oregon's five U.S. Representatives. The state has voted Democratic,
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Is he still getting slaughtered in the comments?

ETA: yep
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top