Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Libertarians need to get off the hate Train of christians. Or you'll never get a national party.

We;re already voting for folks like Ted, and Rand. yet you still give us shit. If your attitude becomes a official party tenant, then will vote against you.

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

I consider myself Christian base, and I voted for Rand Paul. This is one of the big reasons I can't stand supposed militant libertarians. Basically they call themselves that but mainly are liberals, who in the long run WANT big .gov to get involved. Most libertarians places I know are eventually get infested with liberals, because of their liberal social idealogy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Eh,........didn't Rove go to prison. But, was pardoned.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1

I consider myself Christian base, and I voted for Rand Paul. This is one of the big reasons I can't stand supposed militant libertarians. Basically they call themselves that but mainly are liberals, who in the long run WANT big .gov to get involved. Most libertarians places I know are eventually get infested with liberals, because of their liberal social idealogy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Libertarians need to get off the hate Train of christians. Or you'll never get a national party.

We;re already voting for folks like Ted, and Rand. yet you still give us shit. If your attitude becomes a official party tenant, then will vote against you.

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

Yet when the time comes around most of the flock coalesces around a Santorum or Huckabee type, wonder who it will be next run?

Being an evolution denier is ceasing to be a "campaign benefit" but not fast enough.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI.

We need term limits in congress.  Its got to change to a true service and not a career.

And no lifetime benefits for the terms served. Its the only way to break the cycle of power mad career politicians.

While there may be some good ones max out its the price to pay to keep the FSA providers out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

Name a place that ISN'T infested with liberals.  There aren't many.  
The thing we all need to rally around is small government and liberty.  Everything else is up to the individual.

It's either that or business as usual.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 Fuck the RINOS!!
View Quote

Ted isn't libertarian. He's pro life traditional values Christian.  A RINO statist rightwing religious nut according to libertarians and demtards..
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.
View Quote

You do realize Rand and Ted are Christians and most libertarians support them.

I like Rand a lot more then Ted.

Christian and libertarian.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

Rand Paul believes that life begins at conception. Militant libertarians do not. They think life before birth can be thrown away. Libertarians have more in common with liberals then they do conservatism. Problem with Conservatives are they are not being very Conservative. They cave in to liberals. Rand Paul is more of a Conservative then he is a Libertarian.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No we don't. go troll somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Statist and Christians hate Libertarian leaners, not A surprise.

Stating an obvious fact is trolling?

No wonder the party is broken...
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sir. That's trolling.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They seem to hate Christians more than the Marxist overlords.  As a Libertarian-leaning Christian, I find this utterly baffling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

They seem to hate Christians more than the Marxist overlords.  As a Libertarian-leaning Christian, I find this utterly baffling.

Well it's because they have more in common with their Marxist overlords. Hence why they hate on us Conservatives. I can't name a real conservative who wanted McCain or Romney. I know I couldn't stand both because they're not really conservative. We wanted people like Herman Cain. Unfortunately he liked pussy a little too much which knocked him out of the race. That never stopped a liberal from running though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The thing we all need to rally around is small government and liberty.  Everything else is up to the individual.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

Agreed.  This petty internecine squabbling is going to sink us.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.

I am a Christian and I am pretty sure most will vouch that I am pretty Libertarian.

Now, if you say a good number of Christians hate Libertarians then you may be on to something.

Or even if you said Statist Christians you would be alright.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yet when the time comes around most of the flock coalesces around a Santorum or Huckabee type, wonder who it will be next run?

Being an evolution denier is ceasing to be a "campaign benefit" but not fast enough.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

I think it's telling that people assume that Huckabee is a conservative because he's a preacher.  You'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between his terms as governor and Bill Clinton's.  And it was a rather smooth transition from Huckabee to our current governor, Mike Beebe, a Democrat.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

Every individual has a different interpretation of liberty. Small .gov I can agree with, but I do not agree with Anarchy like what the social liberals and libertarians want. It just leads to more .gov. When libertarians who lean more towards Conservatism figure that out then, we might start heading to a better place.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rand Paul believes that life begins at conception. Militant libertarians do not. They think life before birth can be thrown away. Libertarians have more in common with liberals then they do conservatism. Problem with Conservatives are they are not being very Conservative. They cave in to liberals. Rand Paul is more of a Conservative then he is a Libertarian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ted are Christians and most libertarians support them.

Would you be satisfied having a small-government candidate who wanted to give back privacy and liberty, lowered taxing and spending, but didn't try to outlaw abortion?

For a lot of us abortion has nothing to do with militancy, we just know it's tough to get elected that way.  Mainstream, urban women react to that stuff the same way we do to talk of "common-sense measures to prevent gun violence"- it's a deal breaker and they'll vote against it.  Just like we do.  

If you won't bend on that and attack abortion socially rather than legislatively, well...that's why they hate you.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think it's telling that people assume that Huckabee is a conservative because he's a preacher.  You'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between his terms as governor and Bill Clinton's.  And it was a rather smooth transition from Huckabee to our current governor, Mike Beebe, a Democrat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

Uninformed people think Huckabee is a Conservative. That's the problem. Informing the people on their values, but when they hide those values or the press doesn't talk about those values then uninformed people will vote accordingly on small bits of information.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Would you be satisfied having a small-government candidate who wanted to give back privacy and liberty, lowered taxing and spending, but didn't try to outlaw abortion?

For a lot of us abortion has nothing to do with militancy, we just know it's tough to get elected that way.  Mainstream, urban women react to that stuff the same way we do to talk of "common-sense measures to prevent gun violence"- it's a deal breaker and they'll vote against it.  Just like we do.  

If you won't bend on that and attack abortion socially rather than legislatively, well...that's why they hate you.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ted are Christians and most libertarians support them.

Look, I'm all about keeping religion out of politics. However life begins at conception. SCIENTIFIC FACT. I believe within that they have a right to pursuit life, liberty and happiness. When you murder them just like anyone else you're denying them that right. When did abortion become such a big womans right thing anyways? Why can't individual responsibility and if you're good and smart enough for the position be a role factor in women's rights? Why does it have to be the right to murder a human being and get away with it be a right? It just doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.

Agreed.

+1

Small government ceased to be a conservative ideal a long time ago.  There are plenty of conservatives who are happy with invasive, big government style policies as long as they're at the state level.  I'm sorry, but if your policies based on "state's rights" have the effect of limiting the liberty of individuals, you're arguing for big government.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Small government ceased to be a conservative ideal a long time ago.  There are plenty of conservatives who are happy with invasive, big government style policies as long as they're at the state level.  I'm sorry, but if your policies based on "state's rights" have the effect of limiting the liberty of individuals, you're arguing for big government.

View Quote

Says who? I'm a conservative and have conservative beliefs. I believe in small .gov. I'm just not socially liberal like libertarians. That will lead to more .gov. It just is what it is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Look, I'm all about keeping religion out of politics. However life begins at conception. SCIENTIFIC FACT. I believe within that they have a right to pursuit life, liberty and happiness. When you murder them just like anyone else you're denying them that right. When did abortion become such a big womans right thing anyways? Why can't individual responsibility and if you're good and smart enough for the position be a role factor in women's rights? Why does it have to be the right to murder a human being and get away with it be a right? It just doesn't make sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Life beginning at conception would make using birth control pills no different than having an abortion.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He and his handlers were not amused when he lost the primary run-off.  So... maybe.  Regardless of who's behind it, it's a major league dick move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't put it past Dave Dewhurst to be behind this.

He and his handlers were not amused when he lost the primary run-off.  So... maybe.  Regardless of who's behind it, it's a major league dick move.

Dewhurst's "handlers" are the core and strength of the GOP establishment.

The Texas GOP establishment (core) is fucking STRONG. It's like an assault force led and taught by Karl Rove & Co.

Rove and Co. will completely destroy the lives of candidates that dare to challenge them in TX. One even ended up committing suicide.

That's why Conservative Ted Cruz beating The TX GOP backed Dewhurst in the run off election is such a miracle.

This is much more than just some petty differences in opinion. Conservatives like Cruz, Lee, etc. need all the support they can get.

The core of the GOP establishment is every bit as ruthless as the DNC, maybe worse because they play a zero sum game when it comes to "free thinkers".

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

lol, so much fail.  I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.  I absolutely hate the two establishment parties.  Not very Christian of me, but alas I am a sinner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Statist and Libertarian leaners hate Christians, not A surprise.  FIFY

Virtually nobody I know in person who has made the conversion from Republican to Libertarian still has their faith intact.  

lol, so much fail.  I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.  I absolutely hate the two establishment parties.  Not very Christian of me, but alas I am a sinner.

Right there with you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Life beginning at conception would make using birth control pills no different than having an abortion.  

View Quote

Birth control PREVENTS conception.

Plan B isn't birth control.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is that? I have no prolems with condoms or any form of protection as long as there is no human being involved. Your logic is invalid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Every individual has a different interpretation of liberty. Small .gov I can agree with, but I do not agree with Anarchy like what the social liberals and libertarians want. It just leads to more .gov. When libertarians who lean more towards Conservatism figure that out then, we might start heading to a better place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<multiple snips>

True.

Personally, I think there are those who claim libertarian affiliation who are actually anarchists of some degree - whether they like to acknowledge that fact, or not.

A modern functioning society is going to have to have a certain level of government.  The key is to find that balance of minimal necessary government and personal liberty.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Says who? I'm a conservative and have conservative beliefs. I believe in small .gov. I'm just not socially liberal like libertarians. That will lead to more .gov. It just is what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Smaller government" is supposed to mean "less interference," not literally a smaller body of decision makers doing the same thing as the larger one.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Libertarian logic. Then again people like Santorum, and the others like him hurt what it is to be a conservative. They are a problem for us.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#32]

FPNI

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Virtually nobody I know in person who has made the conversion from Republican to Libertarian still has their faith intact.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Statist and Libertarian leaners hate Christians, not A surprise.  FIFY

Really?  I have an old fried, from the time we were stationed together 19 years ago, who is a dedicated libertarian, and a devout Christian.

There, there's my anecdotal evidence against yours, and neither count for shit.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The Texas GOP establishment (core) is fucking STRONG. It's like an assault force led and taught by Karl Rove & Co.

Rove and Co. will completely destroy the lives of candidates that dare to challenge them in TX. One even ended up committing suicide.

That's why Conservative Ted Cruz beating The TX GOP backed Dewhurst in the run off election is such a miracle.

This is much more than just some petty differences in opinion. Conservatives like Cruz, Lee, etc. need all the support they can get.

The core of the GOP establishment is every bit as ruthless as the DNC, maybe worse because they play a zero sum game when it comes to "free thinkers".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not so sure Cruz winning was exactly a miracle - unless I'm not understanding your meaning here.  There were a lot of us out here who are feed up with Rove and Co and the big government establishment in DC.  We had the momentum to carry that through the election.  Now, I don't know if that will hold true in 2014 and 2016...  And I agree with you 100% about supporting these guys.  We need them, and more like them.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up.
View Quote

Spoken like a true Christian. Speaking of which, I'm a Christian and I'm pretty much a full out libertarian now.  The two things are very compatible.  

Maybe I'm misreading you, but you say that you're "already voting for folks like Ted and Rand" like that's a stretch for you.  These are two of the greatest republicans to come along in a long time.  

Regarding the original post, I'm not surprised at all that the RNC is giving out dirt on Cruz.  Whenever the establishment is threatened by someone who seeks to change business as usual, the RNC attempts to get rid of that person.  One only need to look at the re-redistricting of former congressman Lt. Col Alan West for a recent example.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck Republicans.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How is that? I have no prolems with condoms or any form of protection as long as there is no human being involved. Your logic is invalid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because birth control pills often have the effect of preventing implantation of fertilized eggs.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because birth control pills often have the effect of preventing implantation of fertilized eggs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It prevents it, it's not created so therefore your ideology is invalid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck Karl Rove. Fuck him to hell.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't it be nice if all the other elements of the government versus personal freedoms were settled, government spending and size under control, and the economy given a much freer rein, so that all we had to argue about is things like this?

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The republican party will never recieve another dollar from me.  Ever.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it be nice if all the other elements of the government versus personal freedoms were settled, government spending and size under control, and the economy given a much freer rein, so that all we had to argue about is things like this?

View Quote

It's why I moved out to the country. When you live in Urban areas, and the likes you're going to have less personal freedoms. It's just the way our society works and it's only going to get worse. People are too dependent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree, the argument for the rights of the unborn is a compelling one.  All those questions?  They're good ones, and they don't matter.   Not one bit.  

We have to accept what we have to work with.  The best way to change people's mindsets is to make pride and liberty mainstream again by showing that it can work.  

We've done this with guns- we've had HUGE wins, and we never once had a Presidential candidate who promised us nationwide CCW.  Imagine how it would have gone over if we did.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree, the argument for the rights of the unborn is a compelling one.  All those questions?  They're good ones, and they don't matter.   Not one bit.  

We have to accept what we have to work with.  The best way to change people's mindsets is to make pride and liberty mainstream again by showing that it can work.  

We've done this with guns- we've had HUGE wins, and we never once had a Presidential candidate who promised us nationwide CCW.  Imagine how it would have gone over if we did.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That I can agree with.

We just need to stop picking RINO's as our primary candidate and get a real conservatives in there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean Statist Christians.

I am a Christian, as best I can be, but I am a Libertarian. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but most Libertarians I know are Christians or Atheists. My father was a Baptist preacher, and a Libertarian. My best friend is a church leader and missionary , going to places like Haiti and India to spread the word, and is Libertarian. My pastor at the 2nd Baptist is also a Libertarian, as is his wife, and the wife of my best friend, and my last ex wife. Most of my friends identify themselves with either Libertarian's, or that side of Conservatism.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Perhaps it's time for the Grand ole Party to just die and weather away.... So that the mighty Tea Party can rise in it's ashes....
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure Cruz winning was exactly a miracle - unless I'm not understanding your meaning here.  There were a lot of us out here who are feed up with Rove and Co and the big government establishment in DC.  We had the momentum to carry that through the election.  Now, I don't know if that will hold true in 2014 and 2016...  And I agree with you 100% about supporting these guys.  We need them, and more like them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "miracle" in regards to the Cruz victory was that for once in a generation a (R) candidate was able to stand up to and defeat the TX GOP's "yes boy".

The small army of fire breathing pissed off Conservatives that surrounded and supported Cruz was amazing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#48]
It is official. We are a nation of one ruling party. The demopublicans.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Perhaps it's time for the Grand ole Party to just die and weather away.... So that the mighty Tea Party can rise in it's ashes....
View Quote

Libertarians for the most part hate tea party people too. They're not socially liberal. Therefore they are invalid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
THIS.... THIS is why the Republican party is so fucked up.

This is why Rubio went from a star to a black hole... he was cowed into toeing the part line. Probably bought off with promises of committee seats and other perks/pork.

I hope Cruz stands strong, he is one of the few remaining politicians I like... and he is where I am pinning the last shreds of hope.
View Quote

+1 I have come too see Marco's true COLOR's.....Professional Politician,  Servant to himself and his causes. And not those who elected him....
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top