Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Fishnets and Sexy legs are the Best Evar !!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to have a fox come and watch me when I used to go to my fishing spot, he started when he was a young pup and would be off to the side watching me.
I would catch a little bluegill and toss it to him and would slowly toss one a little closer each time.

He would sniff and run and grab it and run back to his safe spot and eat it up, I would go fishing at the spot almost daily before and after work and he would always be waiting for me.
After a few months he came close enough that I could of reached out and touched him but I'm not dumb enough to do that, but he became my fishing partner and when I would go to that spot to duck hunt I would leave gut piles for him as well.

It was cool having him sit there and watch me and he would sometimes dart away and come back munching on a mouse or some other rodent.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
When I lived closer to town I would see foxes cross the road in front of me at night, carrying cats. I believe that the town/wilderness interface is their favorite habitat.
Now I live twenty miles from town. Still see them regularly, track them, hear them. I have a JRT. Couple of years ago, in winter, a fox was hanging around in the winter. The dog went after him, and they chased around for an hour. I'm sure the fox was playing. I'm sure the dog was not. They were both able to stay on top of the snowpack. The fox could easily outmaneuver the dog. When the dog got tired or frustrated, the fox would SIT DOWN and wait patiently until the dog was ready to go. He didn't leave for the forest, which is the pasture boundary, until the dog gave up.

Here's a game camera shot of a fox this fall. Taken at a ranch boundary much closer to town where I had permission to hunt elk:

Here's another pic of a critter from the same setup:

Pics have different backgrounds because it's a panoramic camera.

It's funny to drive into the post office and see the posters for "missing cat" on a regular basis. New folks move in here, let their cats run, and wonder what happened to them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm a funny guy, not a tard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ohio Big Foot Sightings
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hunh.   I think you just ID'ed the thing that screamed at me in the woods one night when I was walking out from my deer stand.  

Damn thing freaked-me-right-the-fuck-out.   I shined my headlamp in the direction of the scream, stomped my foot on the ground, puffed up and hollered "Fuck you!!" at it, and then double timed it out of the woods.

Alone in the woods at night, something 10 or twenty feet off the side of the trail screams at you, something that sounds like a cross between a cat, a baby and owl, and makes the hair on your arms stand up . . . well, you got to do something.

I figured that there aren't too many animals in Ohio that wouldn't back off from a bluff, but when you can't see whatever it was and have no idea what it was based on the sound it made, you're imagination gets going.

Coulda been a dang samsquantch.

Ohio Bigfoot Sightings

I'm a funny guy, not a tard.

Those guys had a table set up at a gun show I was at, I think in Akron.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I discovered yesterday morning that there is a pair of foxes living in my neighborhood.  Ran across them during my dog's early walk.  Just saw what I assume is one of the pair running between the houses across the street and then farther down.  I'm wondering what they will likely be hunting for food in the area?  Or will they be digging in the trash?  I'm not worried about my dog, or most of the neighbor's dogs, but there are some ankle biters nearby as well as an idiot who lets her cats run free.
View Quote

See em all the time in the city that I'm a cop in. Also yotes and we are in NO way rural (30 miles outside of Detroit).

J-
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw one of them again this morning.  He trotted off and did the "warning call" a couple of times before disappearing between the houses.  I'm really enjoying the fact that they are around.

And to the guy in Des Plaines, I'm in 60181.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I lived closer to town I would see foxes cross the road in front of me at night, carrying cats. I believe that the town/wilderness interface is their favorite habitat.
Now I live twenty miles from town. Still see them regularly, track them, hear them. I have a JRT. Couple of years ago, in winter, a fox was hanging around in the winter. The dog went after him, and they chased around for an hour. I'm sure the fox was playing. I'm sure the dog was not. They were both able to stay on top of the snowpack. The fox could easily outmaneuver the dog. When the dog got tired or frustrated, the fox would SIT DOWN and wait patiently until the dog was ready to go. He didn't leave for the forest, which is the pasture boundary, until the dog gave up.

Here's a game camera shot of a fox this fall. Taken at a ranch boundary much closer to town where I had permission to hunt elk:
http://i.imgur.com/alNGO7n.jpg

Here's another pic of a critter from the same setup:
http://i.imgur.com/CiBSFPY.jpg

Pics have different backgrounds because it's a panoramic camera.

It's funny to drive into the post office and see the posters for "missing cat" on a regular basis. New folks move in here, let their cats run, and wonder what happened to them.
View Quote

I believe the fox in the first pic was actually looking at what's in the second one!
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
We had a family of foxes live across the creek from us in suburbia for years with zero damage. Made for some cool photographs, this was outside of Raleigh NC

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
There is lots of concern in urban areas about rabid foxes

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm completely naive here, but I never associated Foxes with America
View Quote

https://www.middleburghunt.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I discovered yesterday morning that there is a pair of foxes living in my neighborhood.  Ran across them during my dog's early walk.  Just saw what I assume is one of the pair running between the houses across the street and then farther down.  I'm wondering what they will likely be hunting for food in the area?  Or will they be digging in the trash?  I'm not worried about my dog, or most of the neighbor's dogs, but there are some ankle biters nearby as well as an idiot who lets her cats run free.
View Quote

We've got bunches of them.  One gray fox is pretty large and quite bold... he's trailed/stalked me and my 93 lb Golden on a couple occasions.  Dog goes nuts when she sees one.

Seems they mostly go after squirrels, rabbits, and rip open trash bags that people too lazy to use a trash can put out, but that one does concern me a bit.  Haven't seen him lately though.  A loose ankle biter dog would be a nice meal for a large fox.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top