Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He did seem like a bit of an asshole just from the video.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So 9mm does have stopping power?

What a shit show.
Lady in the car must have not liked the guy that got shot cause she didn’t seem very concerned for his well being.

You've never been involved with ex's playing games with custody time, have you?  He was actually pretty chill until she started with the typical BS excuses he has probably heard 1000 times. And the cops won't do shit about it because ''it's a civil matter'' so you get to pay a lawyer to haul her ass into court after the fact and hear her get admonished MAYBE after the fact but nothing actually happens to her.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sorry yall, as soon as stepdad came out with the rifle and ordered dad off of his property that’s game over. He should have left. His pride got him killed. The second he went for the gun he was the attacker and trespassing to boot. This guy walks. Sad too,
Dad could have used this video to help him in court but now he’s just dead
View Quote

I have read all 11 pages and based on TX law I believe what you are saying is going to be the final outcome on this.

It is sad it came to that....

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think technically a bad shoot with massive dumbassery all around.

Probably what tilts the scale is that the shooter was already separated by quite a bit of space from the dead guy and he takes the time to aim and fire. Kind of hard to see what dead guy is doing the moment of shooting.
View Quote

He had just been spun off of the weapon he tried to grab right after saying he was going to take it from him and use it on him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
“I told y’all!”
View Quote
Lol
Y'all  
My biggest pet peace and indicator of lack of intelligence
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They're all calm as shit for a guy just being murdered. "I have it on video, you did it, not him."  Yeah that's great but you don't care the guy you're with is now drt?
View Quote

Yeah, fucked up for sure.

DRT guy did ask for it, getting in the guy's face and basically daring him to shoot him (without actually taking the carbine?  WTF?)

Prison Dude did fire a warning shot, but still murdered the guy and escalated basically in every way even after creating distance.  

The really sad part, is DRT guy was apparently just trying to get some Dad time with his son.   Jesus, why do humans have to be so fucking selfish?   The kids are the ones who seem to suffer the worst.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol
Y'all  
View Quote

I hate when I make ya'll upset with your pet peaces....
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
The shooter escalated it.

And firing a warning shot at the dads foot?!

Yeah if I was on that jury I'd have a hard time finding the boyfriend inmocent.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just reading a few articles seems the police and Texas law agree... Shooter will not go to jail. Still the whole situation seemed unnecessary to me.
View Quote

That’s a fair assessment

Likely legal but fucked
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not calling you a liar, but that seems out of the ordinary.  At least around here the DA’s office is a revolving door with newly licensed attorneys trying to gain experience.
View Quote

I also was a defense lawyer as soon as I left law school.

Anyway, this whole distressing case shows me what's wrong in today's society.

Men are expendable. Did anyone notice how nobody seems to care about the dead guy?
Not even his wife?

I bet the ex-wife told her new husband all sorts of lies about the former husband. "He abused me, etc"

And now the lives of two men are ruined.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So you’re in the KR should have been found guilty camp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bad shoot

So you’re in the KR should have been found guilty camp?

Jfc not same thing at all.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Let’s see.  Is it unusual for for someone to jump straight into defense?  Around here Yes.  Am I calling you a liar, No.  

And good on you for members knowing you personally.  I fail to understand why you are purposely trying to turn this into a dick measuring contest by me simply making a statement.  

Happy Thanksgiving.  I wish you and your family well Sir!
View Quote

You questioned my integrity by implying I was not telling the truth when I said I was criminal defense attorney out of law school.  Not sure why you felt the need to do it, but you did.  You’re now trying to back out and pretend like you never did what you did.  I know what I’m talking about and gave a legal analysis as to why.  This will hinge on the “warning shot” imo.  That will be the key to this case.  You’ve ignored that legal analysis and simply instead tried to imply I don’t know what I’m talking about.

This isn’t a dick measuring contest.  This is me calling you out for shooting your mouth off and proving you wrong.  

I mean, I’m not saying you’re stupid, but it’s rare around my area for folks to say stupid shit on the internet and not be stupid.  What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  I didn’t call you stupid!!!!!!!!!  I said it’s rare!!!!!!!!!! Why are you saying I called you stupid?!?!?!?!?!!??  

See what I did there?  That’s what you did…and then tucked tail and pretended like I made it a dick measuring contest.  Point of fact, you tried to make it one and lost bigly.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
White trash gone wild
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But black shirt had distanced himself before the deadly shot.  He was no longer in imminent danger.  He took a second, aimed, and fired.  That works against him.  

I'm going for manslaughter.
View Quote

A cop would have dropped him when he approached against a drawn firearm. Tueller drill and all that.
And I'm thinking that might have put the shooter on firmer ground than allowing him to approach, firing a shot after learning that the approach was for the purposes of posturing rather than bodily harm, and finally making the kill after the intruder throws you away from him and you're at a safer distance again.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#14]
It seems to me like the shooter might be in trouble mostly because of his demeanor, not just because of his actions.

Maybe legally he is justified, but morally? Now some kid’s dad is dead, I imagine that relationship is over, is the kid going to want to live with someone who killed his dad (even if it was legally justified, unless the guy was abusing his kids or something like that).

All this fighting supposedly over a kid, yet you just killed the kid’s dad, is it really about the kid?

I don’t know all of the nuances of the law, but it really didn’t seem like he was ever in fear of his life, and it seemed like he expected that particular outcome. I wouldn’t be surprised if the shooter is charged with something.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#15]
A bunch of responses in this thread kind of amaze me. Just a PSA but if you are in a civilized non-commie state and someone tells you to get off their property, you should probably do as they say.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lol
Y'all  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“I told y’all!”
Lol
Y'all  

My biggest indicator of a lack of intelligence is when y’all pet your peaces.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You questioned my integrity by implying I was not telling the truth when I said I was criminal defense attorney out of law school.  Not sure why you felt the need to do it, but you did.  You're now trying to back out and pretend like you never did what you did.  I know what I'm talking about and gave a legal analysis as to why.  This will hinge on the "warning shot" imo.  That will be the key to this case.  You've ignored that legal analysis and simply instead tried to imply I don't know what I'm talking about.

This isn't a dick measuring contest.  This is me calling you out for shooting your mouth off and proving you wrong.  

I mean, I'm not saying you're stupid, but it's rare around my area for folks to say stupid shit on the internet and not be stupid.  What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  I didn't call you stupid!!!!!!!!!  I said it's rare!!!!!!!!!! Why are you saying I called you stupid?!?!?!?!?!!??  

See what I did there?  That's what you didand then tucked tail and pretended like I made it a dick measuring contest.  Point of fact, you tried to make it one and lost bigly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You questioned my integrity by implying I was not telling the truth when I said I was criminal defense attorney out of law school.  Not sure why you felt the need to do it, but you did.  You’re now trying to back out and pretend like you never did what you did.  I know what I’m talking about and gave a legal analysis as to why.  This will hinge on the “warning shot” imo.  That will be the key to this case.  You’ve ignored that legal analysis and simply instead tried to imply I don’t know what I’m talking about.

This isn’t a dick measuring contest.  This is me calling you out for shooting your mouth off and proving you wrong.  

I mean, I’m not saying you’re stupid, but it’s rare around my area for folks to say stupid shit on the internet and not be stupid.  What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  I didn’t call you stupid!!!!!!!!!  I said it’s rare!!!!!!!!!! Why are you saying I called you stupid?!?!?!?!?!!??  

See what I did there?  That’s what you did…and then tucked tail and pretended like I made it a dick measuring contest.  Point of fact, you tried to make it one and lost bigly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let’s see.  Is it unusual for for someone to jump straight into defense?  Around here Yes.  Am I calling you a liar, No.  

And good on you for members knowing you personally.  I fail to understand why you are purposely trying to turn this into a dick measuring contest by me simply making a statement.  

Happy Thanksgiving.  I wish you and your family well Sir!

I never called you a liar, even said so much.  I do regret making a statement that had no bearing on this discussion.  I have apologized, and even sent you a PM.  I’m sorry you feel as though I disrespected you as that wasn’t my intentions and I am sorry it obviously came across that way.  I can tell from our exchanges as you obviously are a damn good attorney to make nothing into a mountain.  

I don’t know what else can be said if you don’t accept my apologies other than move on.  I’m sorry I came across in such a way that offended you, as that certainly wasn’t my intentions Sir.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He's fucked..
View Quote

If I as on the jury my vote would be guilty
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You questioned my integrity by implying I was not telling the truth when I said I was criminal defense attorney out of law school.  Not sure why you felt the need to do it, but you did.  You're now trying to back out and pretend like you never did what you did.  I know what I'm talking about and gave a legal analysis as to why.  This will hinge on the "warning shot" imo.  That will be the key to this case.  You've ignored that legal analysis and simply instead tried to imply I don't know what I'm talking about.

This isn't a dick measuring contest.  This is me calling you out for shooting your mouth off and proving you wrong.  

I mean, I'm not saying you're stupid, but it's rare around my area for folks to say stupid shit on the internet and not be stupid.  What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  I didn't call you stupid!!!!!!!!!  I said it's rare!!!!!!!!!! Why are you saying I called you stupid?!?!?!?!?!!??  

See what I did there?  That's what you didand then tucked tail and pretended like I made it a dick measuring contest.  Point of fact, you tried to make it one and lost bigly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqw1FI1hfJA

Fuck off (Kidding!!!)

Don’t need someone pouring diesel into this misunderstand lol
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I have no fucking clue. I honestly don't care that much, either. No one in this video is stroking my sympathy bone, including the chickens.

That said I have armed myself and told trespassers to get the fuck gone a few times, so in my own self interest, I side with the people who live there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Fucking Chads and Kyles

That's some of the most moronic, hicktown shit I've seen in a while.
The chickens sounding off in the background as the guy lays dead on the front porch while they argue instead of calling the cops is the icing on the cake, lol.

IDK how this is gonna turn out with Texas' Castle Laws and all but it'll be interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you deaf and blind?

He says "you better use it because I'm going to take it from you and kill you" and then tries to do exactly that and gets killed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the videos posted here I did not see any physical harm being done by the kids dad, or did I hear any threats of physical harm.

Are you deaf and blind?

He says "you better use it because I'm going to take it from you and kill you" and then tries to do exactly that and gets killed.

No I am not deaf or blind. Up until the shooter emerged from the house with a weapon, aimed and fired a round at the dads feet, there were no action or words of violence against anyone. So the shooter escalated the situation, instead of calling the cops, reporting a trespasser that will not leave, staying inside until the cops come on scene and let them handle it.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol
Y'all  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“I told y’all!”
Lol
Y'all  

Pet what ?

Lack of intelligence what ?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lol
Y'all  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“I told y’all!”
Lol
Y'all  

An intelligent guy might think to proofread his post.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#26]
That’s one way to get full custody
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I was reading some of the news articles. They are indicating the shooting was around 4:20PM. On the video, the deceased is saying he was supposed to pick up have his son at 3:15pm. I am interested to see what transpired over that hour.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lol
Y'all  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“I told y’all!”
Lol
Y'all  

My biggest indicator of lack of intelligence is failing to read what you wrote before you post. (Akin to speaking before you think.)

You believe local vernacular to be an indicator of intelligence, yet don’t have the wherewithal to proofread your own 2 sentence statement.

You overestimate your own intelligence. Don’t worry, scrote! Plenty of yard go on to live kick-ass lives.

ETA: plenty of TARDS go on to live kick-ass lives.

I don’t claim to be intelligent, or to proof-read my statements.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I hate when I make ya'll upset with your pet peaces....
View Quote

Lol I love you
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
On the one hand,

Shooter escalated an ordinary argument by unnecessarily bringing a gun into the situation.

Dead guy tried to call his bluff.

Shooter wasn’t bluffing.

Shooter is a murderer.

On the other hand,

Shooter told dead guy to get off his property.

He didn’t, so shooter brought out a gun.

Shooter didn’t point it at dead guy till dead guy got a little physical.

Shooter then shoots dead guy.

I’m actually gonna go with shooter on this one.

Get the fuck off my property and sue me later if you want. But get the fuck off my property when you are uninvited or become uninvited.

And definitely don’t touch me on my property when I’ve told you to leave my property.

I reserve the right to change my stance as more information becomes available.
View Quote

Or...
Where is the child ? Joint custody has rules. And I would fight for my children.

Bad Shoot !
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My biggest indicator of a lack of intelligence is when y’all pet your peaces.
View Quote

Diff Is mine was spell check on phone ..your shits actually on purpose.
You actually speak like that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was reading some of the news articles. They are indicating the shooting was around 4:20PM. On the video, the deceased is saying he was supposed to pick up have his son at 3:15pm. I am interested to see what transpired over that hour.
View Quote

Sounds like he went to grandma's house looking for the kid. He threatened to subpoena grandma when he drags them into court.
It's unclear what the original pickup point was supposed to be, but the kid apparently wasn't at grandma's and wasn't where dad died, and dad was pissed at the kid apparently being hidden from him. He acts like it's the 87th step in an ongoing campaign to fuck with him. And I didn't hear anybody telling him he was wrong in thinking that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A bunch of responses in this thread kind of amaze me. Just a PSA but if you are in a civilized non-commie state and someone tells you to get off their property, you should probably do as they say.
View Quote

Lots of emotional posts about what people feel about the situation.

I’m glad to see well reasoned and logical posts.

To be clear, this wasn’t murder, and I can’t logically see how the shooter did anything illegal.

No matter how emotional anyone gets about how unfair and morally wrong it was, the fact is simple. Laws ain’t morals.

I think there are fathers here that have had to deal with difficult custody situations, in addition to others than can empathize with being in such a situation. I can understand them being emotional about it.

But facts trump emotions every time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

lol, no he’s not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hes going to prison for forever.

lol, no he’s not

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no he’s not

https://c.tenor.com/Hdt6LGSACs4AAAAM/jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

He’s not going to prison…..  That was justifiable homicide
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have no fucking clue. I honestly don't care that much, either. No one in this video is stroking my sympathy bone, including the chickens.

That said I have armed myself and told trespassers to get the fuck gone a few times, so in my own self interest, I side with the people who live there.
View Quote

Am I terrible for feeling no sympathy for fathers dealing with crazy baby-mamas? When I hear a dude complain about how lazy/dishonest/evil/trashy/etc. their baby-mama is, all I can think is…

YOU knocked her up. What does that say about YOU?

Dudes that crap talk their baby-mamas don’t seem to realize they are crap talking themselves, as well.

I see guys loving to talk crap about gals that make poor decisions by getting knocked up by deadbeats left and right. (I agree with those sentiments.)

But the other side is dudes that knock up deadbeat women are deserving of equal ridicule.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You've never been involved with ex's playing games with custody time, have you?  He was actually pretty chill until she started with the typical BS excuses he has probably heard 1000 times. And the cops won't do shit about it because ''it's a civil matter'' so you get to pay a lawyer to haul her ass into court after the fact and hear her get admonished MAYBE after the fact but nothing actually happens to her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So 9mm does have stopping power?

What a shit show.
Lady in the car must have not liked the guy that got shot cause she didn’t seem very concerned for his well being.

My experience as well!
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A cop would have dropped him when he approached against a drawn firearm. Tueller drill and all that.
And I'm thinking that might have put the shooter on firmer ground than allowing him to approach, firing a shot after learning that the approach was for the purposes of posturing rather than bodily harm, and finally making the kill after the intruder throws you away from him and you're at a safer distance again.
View Quote
At what point this the unarmed guy justified in defending himself against the guy who went into the house and came outside with a rifle and almost gets shot in the foot?
And Tueller is for edged weapons.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Am I terrible for feeling no sympathy for fathers dealing with crazy baby-mamas? When I hear a dude complain about how lazy/dishonest/evil/trashy/etc. their baby-mama is, all I can think is…

Dudes that crap talk their baby-mamas don’t seem to realize they are crap talking themselves, as well.

I see guys loving to talk crap about gals that make poor decisions by getting knocked up by deadbeats left and right. (I agree with those sentiments.)

But the other side is dudes that knock up deadbeat women are deserving of equal ridicule.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What pisses me off to no end, are scum bag fucking parents playing bullshit games keeping kids away from their father/mother.  Two people decided to make a child whether intentional or not.  That kid didn’t have a say so being brought into this world, and to have a parent wanting to be involved in their life and because one party is pissed at the other and uses that child as a pawn is the biggest piece of shit on earth just short of thieves and child predators…..
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Looks like a good shoot. The shooter appeared to be in fear for his life and the "victim" stood in his path of retreat back into his residence. I don't see how this could have played out any differently.
View Quote

stop doing drugs it messes up your brain
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This seems more like "I wanted him at 3:30 on the dot! and he isn't here so now I'm gonna' RAGE!!!"  

If it really was a Amber Alert - then would the Mom be there arguing if she ran off with the kid?  

And if it really was a Amber Alert then Mad Dad should most definitely be calling the POLICE - instead of trying to have a dick measuring contest Vs. Boy Friend on the front porch.

Just pointing out the obvious...    Anyone saying the Kid was "actually Kidnapped" must have a bottle or three ahead of us all already .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They kidnapped his kid.

Quoted:
Do you REALLY think they cloroformed the kid to knock him out, tied him up, stuffed him in the trunk and then sent a jumbled letter ransom note demanding $17 Million Dollars or they'd cut off his ear??

Quoted:
In all fairness most amber alerts are kids taken by a non-custodial parent.

This seems more like "I wanted him at 3:30 on the dot! and he isn't here so now I'm gonna' RAGE!!!"  

If it really was a Amber Alert - then would the Mom be there arguing if she ran off with the kid?  

And if it really was a Amber Alert then Mad Dad should most definitely be calling the POLICE - instead of trying to have a dick measuring contest Vs. Boy Friend on the front porch.

Just pointing out the obvious...    Anyone saying the Kid was "actually Kidnapped" must have a bottle or three ahead of us all already .

Not defending the guy—just pointing out the salient fact that an event does not need to include chloroform and a white box van to be considered kidnapping.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What pisses me off to no end, are scum bag fucking parents playing bullshit games keeping kids away from their father/mother.  Two people decided to make a child whether intentional or not.  That kid didn’t have a say so being brought into this world, and to have a parent wanting to be involved in their life and because one party is pissed at the other and uses that child as a pawn is the biggest piece of shit on earth just short of thieves and child predators…..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. It fucking sucks balls for the kid when adults that should be dedicated to nurturing them, are actually using them for their own selfish desires.

I deal with it around me, and I call loved ones out for it. (I’m an asshole.)

I hate when people have different standards of right and wrong depending on who is involved. My stance is, if something is wrong for my worst enemy to do, then it is wrong for my best friend to do.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sounds like he went to grandma's house looking for the kid. He threatened to subpoena grandma when he drags them into court.
It's unclear what the original pickup point was supposed to be, but the kid apparently wasn't at grandma's and wasn't where dad died, and dad was pissed at the kid apparently being hidden from him. He acts like it's the 87th step in an ongoing campaign to fuck with him. And I didn't hear anybody telling him he was wrong in thinking that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This will all be vitally important to the case.  As will the DA’s office.  Obviously how they handle this in front the Grand Jury will decide if charges are even brought, but if they are, this will point to potential provocation and whether or not the dead guy was trespassing.

You can’t hide a kid and thereby provoke a confrontation, claim trespass (if the guy was in the right place at the right time) and then shoot the guy dead.  You can’t isolate the dead guy grabbing at the gun the totality of the circumstances.   Then there is the warning shot.  Does Texas law specifically allow for warning shots?  If not, prosecutor will say dead guy grabbed at the gun in self defense from the shooting at his foot…and likely be successful with that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree. It fucking sucks balls for the kid when adults that should be dedicated to nurturing them, are actually using them for their own selfish desires.

I hate when people have different standards of right and wrong depending on who is involved. My stance is, if something is wrong for my worst enemy to do, then it is wrong for my best friend to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think that's a fairly balanced take. Just curious how the dead guy being there to pick up his son for a court ordered custody arraignment factors in for you? I don't know if it has a legal effect on the whole trespassing thing, but morally it puts the shooter in the wrong camp to me.

The only other thing is that the dead guy didn't touch the gun until the after the warning shot, which I think you have backwards. If he had a right to be there (and I'm not sure he necessarily does), and someone shoots at him, wouldn't grabbing the gun be self defense?
View Quote

Kid can be picked up from the sidewalk. Entering property is a non-necessity. Bio-Father dude can also yell whatever information he wants from there about planned legal proceedings. This would also be a more clear cut case as Bio-Father dude would still be alive or it would be clear-cut murder 2, maybe murder 1.

Bio-Father dude saw gun, yelled threats, advanced to the point of making contact, then warning shot was fired.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#46]
It's been 20 days, has the shooter been arrested yet?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I thought Travis McMichael had a valid self defense claim because Aurbery clearly grabbed his shotgun and tried to take it. The jury disagreed. I know, different state, different circumstances. I agree with the poster who said it seemed like a setup to get the dad all riled up and kill him. Both the mom and the shooter seemed way to calm afterwards. Stress does weird shit though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This will all be vitally important to the case.  As will the DA’s office.  Obviously how they handle this in front the Grand Jury will decide if charges are even brought, but if they are, this will point to potential provocation and whether or not the dead guy was trespassing.

You can’t hide a kid and thereby provoke a confrontation, claim trespass (if the guy was in the right place at the right time) and then shoot the guy dead.  You can’t isolate the dead guy grabbing at the gun the totality of the circumstances.   Then there is the warning shot.  Does Texas law specifically allow for warning shots?  If not, prosecutor will say dead guy grabbed at the gun in self defense from the shooting at his foot…and likely be successful with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The case was handed off to the Texas AG. Conflict of interest locally with the judge issue.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Am I terrible for feeling no sympathy for fathers dealing with crazy baby-mamas? When I hear a dude complain about how lazy/dishonest/evil/trashy/etc. their baby-mama is, all I can think is

Dudes that crap talk their baby-mamas don't seem to realize they are crap talking themselves, as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I terrible for feeling no sympathy for fathers dealing with crazy baby-mamas? When I hear a dude complain about how lazy/dishonest/evil/trashy/etc. their baby-mama is, all I can think is

Dudes that crap talk their baby-mamas don't seem to realize they are crap talking themselves, as well.

I feel sympathy for people who have to deal with vindictive exes, as long as they aren't also contributing problems to the situation. If both parties are behaving poorly - fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He's not going to prison..  That was justifiable homicide
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no he's not

https://c.tenor.com/Hdt6LGSACs4AAAAM/jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

He's not going to prison..  That was justifiable homicide
On the face of it, and from the video - I think you are wrong.  He's gonna be in for a peck of trouble. But, time will tell.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top