Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
How hard is it to just say to the guy, "I'm sorry, let's try to figure this out.  Let's talk about it."
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Trial? It's been 20 days and he hasn't even been charged
View Quote
Probably giving him enough time to pile up evidence against himself, counting on him not keeping his mouth shut and texting people.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How hard is it to just say to the guy, "I'm sorry, let's try to figure this out.  Let's talk about it."
View Quote

At that point, virtually impossible.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Enjoy prison dipshit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, that seemed like a bad idea to come back out with the gun. Should have stayed inside IMO.
View Quote
This is where the Prosecution will hammer him. Once the Dad was told to LEAVE, he was trespassing when he refused to just go. However, once dude went inside, Dad was no longer a THREAT.

This is the point where BOTH sides had the opportunity to get the po-po involved.

I'm ok with better laws to defend your property, up to an including deadly force for trespassing/theft, but current law... even in Texas... isn't going to pan out well for the dude.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’m genuinely curious if you think Kyle should have been found guilty.  After all if he hadn’t inserted himself into a riot he too wouldn’t have had to defended himself.
View Quote

Kyle was 100% not guilty, he was fighting for his life against a group of rabid evil commie Felon thugs that would have killed him in the blink of an eye if he let them.

The opinion I stated above of this shooting is Not My Legal opinion, weather a good legal shoot or not I can't say  as I dont know anything about Texas SD Law.
The boyfriend inserted himself & his weapon unnecessarily into a highly emotional confrontation between a man & his ex/Estranged (I'm not sure of their relationship status) wife regarding the couple's child. Even many normally Sensible upstanding citizens  lose it when it comes to divorce/Infidelity/Child custody situations & they don't need to be aggravated by so called boyfriend's getting involved. IMO the shooter is a stupid scumbag & i hope he rots in jail!
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like a good shoot. The shooter appeared to be in fear for his life and the "victim" stood in his path of retreat back into his residence. I don't see how this could have played out any differently.
View Quote
Hi Kyle ??
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is where the Prosecution will hammer him. Once the Dad was told to LEAVE, he was trespassing when he refused to just go. However, once dude went inside, Dad was no longer a THREAT.

This is the point where BOTH sides had the opportunity to get the po-po involved.

I'm ok with better laws to defend your property, up to an including deadly force for trespassing/theft, but current law... even in Texas... isn't going to pan out well for the dude.
View Quote

From the audio it sounded like Dad was there to pick up his kid for the court approved visitation.  That would give him legal right to be there, so he's not trespassing.

Shorty decided he needed to add some inches with the gun.

Shorty brought a gun to a civil disagreement.  He's going to jail.  What a pussy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Little man
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Bumping chests with armed individual is never a good idea.

People don't seem to have figured that out.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, that seemed like a bad idea to come back out with the gun. Should have stayed inside IMO.

Tell that to Joe Horn
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What happened to the days of "taking it behind the woodshed"?  You get to live to fight another day that way.  Muthafuckers are too trigger happy nowadays, it's kinda scary.
View Quote

People graduated high school.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Dinner at the short guy household 2 years from now

Short guy: Billy you shouldn’t have your elbows on the table

Mommy: listen to your new father Billy

Billy:*under breath* you shouldn’t turn annoying situations into deadly ones by letting your small mans disease get the better of you

Mommy: Billy apologize!!

Billy: no one was as guilt as you were mom
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
The funniest part of this is the way short stuff is trying to make himself taller when they're chest to chest
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is sad how hard that is or would be for soooo many people.  Even harder for assholes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What's messed up is the kid now has to to be brought up by the man that killed his father.
View Quote

Ya…great job all round.

Lawful shoot…now raise the son of the man you killed over some pussy.

Fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Which is a significant point in the shooter's favor, if this goes to trial.

"My client tried to deescalate, and attempted a warning shot first, firing it right into the ground between them. But DeadGuy completely ignored it, and continued to try to fight him! Any normal person would step back and stop if they almost got shot, and any reasonable homeowner would be in fear when a warning shot gets no reaction, and an assailant continues to come at them!"
View Quote

Was it a warning shot or negligent discharge?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm one of the most empathetic, laid back, understanding, reasonable people you'll ever meet, EXCEPT when someone who has absolutely no business getting involved gets involved with me seeing my son.

I actually have a pretty good relationship with my son's mom, but every once in a while she uses my son to fuck with me because she knows it's the only way she can get a rise out of me.

We've actually never really followed our court orders because they don't really work for our work schedules. We communicate pretty well with each other, we're usually respectful of each other's time, and we put our son's well-being before any stupid shit that we might have going on.

Hearing that dad getting pissed about not knowing where his son was because the "mom" was fucking around and playing games really hit home. Hearing the fuck stick on the porch trying to act like a badass in front of the dad's leftover trash also hit home. It's been a long time, but I've been there before. I definitely understand how people can do things outside of their normal character when their kids are involved. It's unfortunate that kid's dad didn't get back in his truck and wait for the police, and even more unfortunate that he won't be around anymore.
View Quote

This is actually so typical, almost a SOP

I submit she used the live-in boyfriend to terminate her ex, used him like a pawn. Now *he* will get a sentence. She got rid of two men in one move. Utterly brilliant, and nobody looks at her as a grand orchestrator of things. Nope, she is in the shadows.

But yeah, women excel at manipulation. What business did that man have in the situation, it wasn't his child.
It was between her and her ex.  This is so insane on so many levels.

And just proves how retarded men can be when situation turns explosive.  Legal issues aside, I can totally understand the victim here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too much watching movies “what are you gonna do?  Shoot me!!??”
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Tell that to Joe Horn
View Quote

Completely, 100% different. God damn.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He told the dude to get off his property. Fucked up situation but I'll always side with the property owner
View Quote

The problem is compounded by the fact that kids were always considered parent's property , specifically men's property in English common law.

Therefore this man was keeping another man's property - the kid. So, no it's not as simple as you state it to be at all.

That's the reason he hang around, although admittedly he did it totally wrong. At the first of a weapon, he should have slowly back out of there, seeing how mentally unstable that dude was.  They both turned unstable, basically assholes colliding but you gotta see the view point of the dude that got shot.

I totally understand his POV even if he did it wrong, he could have done 100 and 1 other things, better things.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell that to Joe Horn

Re-read the post I replied to.  Wasn’t comparing the two.  lol  Don’t get mad when this man isn’t charged for this legit self defense shooting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/299647/6A65DFDC-12C3-4A44-9694-E3EF2BBC506B-2180692.jpg

Lol!  Pretty much.

Verbally threaten a man with a weapon drawn and try to take it away?  You’re going to get lawfully shot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Was it a warning shot or negligent discharge?
View Quote

From what I understand it doesn’t matter in TX.  A warning shot or an oops I didn’t mean to ND can still get you in hot water in these situations. That’s the part lawyers will be having to do a lot of talking about.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like a good shoot to me. Dead guy was raging on someone else's private property. Refused to leave private property and then wanted to fight the guy holding the gun.

View Quote

And he will be grilled on the witness stand what threat did the unarmed dead guy present to him? What clear and present and immediate danger to his life?

Other than acting like a fool - and even that is justified considering his property was inside the house and he wanted it.

Hard to say who acted more foolishly in this situation. But the shooter was more criminal in his foolishness while the victim was a fool, period. Refusing to get of someone's porch is like 3 on a 1-10 idiot scale and the shooter scored a solid 9 I think.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This has been a scenario that has been war-gamed and thought about since the birth of this website. Now, due to the "new" membership, it has become a cesspool infiltrated by Kristens, Karens, Kens and Kyles and now even a motherfucking "Chad".

Dad fucked around and found out. The shoot was legit. It makes no difference whose house it was.

I hate what this place has become. You snowflake sonsabitches condemning the shooter might as well all vote Democrat next time.
View Quote

If you're the step daddy (or dude banging the mommy as the case may be) do you really want to shoot daddy during a custody dispute just because it's legally defensible when you can avoid it?

If he had stood in the doorway with the PCC and asked the woman to come in, he would have created a safer circumstance, and also one that would have been legally much easier to defend. Acting aggressively, and stupidly getting so close that weapon retention became an issue, was idiotic. Just as idiotic as when faced with an armed dude turning it physical and forcing him to shoot you. THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE WHEN IDIOTS COLLIDE.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And he will be grilled on the witness stand what threat did the unarmed dead guy present to him? What clear and present and immediate danger to his life?
View Quote

Gee I don't know-----maybe that after telling him he was going to take his gun and kill him with it, he tried to?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is actually so typical, almost a SOP

I submit she used the live-in boyfriend to terminate her ex, used him like a pawn. Now *he* will get a sentence. She got rid of two men in one move. Utterly brilliant, and nobody looks at her as a grand orchestrator of things. Nope, she is in the shadows.

But yeah, women excel at manipulation. What business did that man have in the situation, it wasn't his child.
It was between her and her ex.  This is so insane on so many levels.

And just proves how retarded men can be when situation turns explosive.  Legal issues aside, I can totally understand the victim here.
View Quote

Oh, she's a State District Judge too, appointed by none other than Gov. Abbott himself to fill a vacancy left by the death of the elected judge. This whole thing is like a fucking made for tv movie.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Re-read the post I replied to.  Wasn’t comparing the two.  lol  Don’t get mad when this man isn’t charged for this legit self defense shooting.
View Quote

He's since been involved in a legit self defense shooting as well? Remarkable. Do you have a link to this seperate incident?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#32]
And to most guilty will never see the inside of a cell.

Bio-Mom.  Bio, as in biology and bi-polar.  

Poor kids.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He's since been involved in a legit self defense shooting as well? Remarkable. Do you have a link to this seperate incident?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol,  over your head.

Lots of folks believed Joe Horn was guilty as shit.  That incident didn’t make it to the court room.  

I doubt this case will ever make it to the court room either.   When you get past feelz and look at facts and law this was justifiable homicide.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So you’re in the KR should have been found guilty camp?
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh, she's a State District Judge too, appointed by none other than Gov. Abbott himself to fill a vacancy left by the death of the elected judge. This whole thing is like a fucking made for tv movie.
View Quote

The judge wasn’t there. She filed for divorce in September.

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/11/23/court-records-connect-kyle-carruth-deadly-shooting-chad-read/

In the affidavit, according to the newspaper, Anne-Marie Carruth wrote she was “notified that my husband, William Kyle Carruth, is under investigation for the shooting and killing of his girlfriend’s children’s father after he attempted to pick up his children late Friday afternoon. My knowledge of the incident is very limited at this time, and it is my understanding that the police are still investigating.”

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They're all calm as shit for a guy just being murdered. "I have it on video, you did it, not him."  Yeah that's great but you don't care the guy you're with is now drt?
View Quote

The secret is that the women (The wives) have been having a lesbian relationship in secret and this was a plan they cooked up to get rid of their husbands. One is dead and the other is going to prison.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Why do you believe that is not kidnapping?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People using words and terms they don't understand. What you "think" and what is illegal in your neck of the woods may not be applicable here.

Section 9.41 of the Texas Penal Code

Texas Penal Code Sec. 20.03 Kidnapping

I'd like to have more info, but I'm inclined to believe he will easily walk.

Read the penal code. Also the kid allegedly wasn't even there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a duty to retreat in Texas?

No?

Okay, so where did shooter violate Texas statute by going outside, onto his own porch, to confront a trespasser?

Crickets.

So many people here seem incapable of applying basic tenets of the law to a given situation. If A is prohibited, and B is not prohibited, examine situation and see whether it meets A or B.

Quoted:
Quoted:

From the audio it sounded like Dad was there to pick up his kid for the court approved visitation.  That would give him legal right to be there, so he's not trespassing.

Shorty decided he needed to add some inches with the gun.

Shorty brought a gun to a civil disagreement.  He's going to jail.  What a pussy.

My point gets illustrated immediately: do you have a legal right to be on someone else's property? No. Not even if you're there to pick up a kid (who apparently isn't even present).

Or put it another way, and imagine the kid is literally the property of the dad..let's say it's a stolen car. Shooter has stolen the vehicle and hidden it inside his garage. Car owner shows up, and refuses to leave. Is it trespassing? Absolutely. Does the car owner have the legal right to forcibly enter the dwelling to get his property back? No. He would be committing a new, separate offense.

Dad didn't have a legal right to be on the property once told to leave. Homeowner steps out with a firearm to defend himself, family, and property. Decedent explicitly stated his intent to take the firearm from homeowner and attack him. Bingo, the intent is formed. Decedent then starts grappling with him. Ability and opportunity come into play.

It's a good shoot, period. The people here saying otherwise have been brainwashed into thinking we have a legal duty to avoid all confrontation ever. Sure, it's the best policy to take for your own life...but that doesn't make it the law.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like a good shoot to me. Dead guy was raging on someone else's private property. Refused to leave private property and then wanted to fight the guy holding the gun.

Other than acting like a fool - and even that is justified considering his property was inside the house and he wanted it.

Hard to say who acted more foolishly in this situation. But the shooter was more criminal in his foolishness while the victim was a fool, period. Refusing to get of someone's porch is like 3 on a 1-10 idiot scale and the shooter scored a solid 9 I think.

Loudly stating that you intend to take the lawful resident's firearm away and attack him, and then proceeding to do so, is the threat.

People need to get the fucking word "unarmed" out of their vocabulary. We are tool-using, murderous primates who managed to claw our way to the top of the global apex predator spot because of our brains, and the ability to use our brains to find exciting new ways to impart lethal violence upon others every bright new day. Scour history, and you can find enough graves to cover the entire surface area of Lichtenstein with men, women, and children who were killed by "unarmed" opponents. When a man announces his intent to inflict great bodily injury to you, and then starts down the road of doing so, the only sane response is to begin inflicting central nervous system hits with the closest slugthrower at hand.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I am an expert on law in the state of Texas.  It is not a legal shoot if you do not say "take yer swing" before shooting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People using words and terms they don't understand. What you "think" and what is illegal in your neck of the woods may not be applicable here.

Section 9.41 of the Texas Penal Code

Texas Penal Code Sec. 20.03 Kidnapping

I'd like to have more info, but I'm inclined to believe he will easily walk.

Even if the child was there, it doesn’t make it kidnapping.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The judge wasn't there. She filed for divorce in September.

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/11/23/court-records-connect-kyle-carruth-deadly-shooting-chad-read/

In the affidavit, according to the newspaper, Anne-Marie Carruth wrote she was "notified that my husband, William Kyle Carruth, is under investigation for the shooting and killing of his girlfriend's children's father after he attempted to pick up his children late Friday afternoon. My knowledge of the incident is very limited at this time, and it is my understanding that the police are still investigating."

View Quote
well fuck. So the shooter is the husband of a state judge, and he shot his girlfriend's baby daddy
If this was at the shooter's house, did the shooter have his gf and her kids over at the house he shared with his wife?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The warning shot will be a major issue for the shooter to overcome.  Warning shots are not allowed in Texas.
View Quote

This. Explicitly illegal. He better not have said anything about it being a warning shot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol,  over your head.

Lots of folks believed Joe Horn was guilty as shit.  That incident didn’t make it to the court room.  

I doubt this case will ever make it to the court room either.   When you get past feelz and look at facts and law this was justifiable homicide.
View Quote

Lol, ok, boy
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Kyle was 100% not guilty, he was fighting for his life against a group of rabid evil commie Felon thugs that would have killed him in the blink of an eye if he let them.

The opinion I stated above of this shooting is Not My Legal opinion, weather a good legal shoot or not I can't say  as I dont know anything about Texas SD Law.
The boyfriend inserted himself & his weapon unnecessarily into a highly emotional confrontation between a man & his ex/Estranged (I'm not sure of their relationship status) wife regarding the couple's child. Even many normally Sensible upstanding citizens  lose it when it comes to divorce/Infidelity/Child custody situations & they don't need to be aggravated by so called boyfriend's getting involved. IMO the shooter is a stupid scumbag & i hope he rots in jail!
View Quote
I had to leave this thread yesterday to cool off, but I'm fine now, so I came back to see how far out of control this potential dumpster fire has gotten. . .

This post sums up my feelings quite well.

Excellent post, @garr - thank you!
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I had to leave this thread yesterday to cool off, but I'm fine now, so I came back to see how far out of control this potential dumpster fire has gotten. . .

This post sums up my feelings quite well.

Excellent post, @garr - thank you!
View Quote
Did you say dumpster?  Let me get my Shockwave.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol, ok, boy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol,  over your head.

Lol, ok, boy

What’s with the 6th grade childish insult? lol

We can agree to disagree without childish name calling
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

gets more interesting by the minute.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The warning shot will be a major issue for the shooter to overcome.  Warning shots are not allowed in Texas.
View Quote

That wasn't a warning shot. He tried to shoot him in the foot and missed, hoping the shot in the foot would get the guy to leave.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The secret is that the women (The wives) have been having a lesbian relationship in secret and this was a plan they cooked up to get rid of their husbands. One is dead and the other is going to prison.
View Quote

would not surprise me at all
That's what I think too. They are very clever and this will never come to the surface, because the two fools incriminated themselves. One is DRT and the other will be in legal jeopardy. Even if he does not do time, he will be bankrupted by the process against him. They are both screwed.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top