Page / 60
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,  has he been charged yet?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's another 2013 account with 300 posts (and probably 50-100 in this thread alone.)

I think this is one of those accounts that the mods are suppose to be looking for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A criminal trespasser that is physical larger than you is in your front yard, refusing to leave, and is raging at you and your girlfriend.  It's absolutely "appropriate" to arm oneself in such circumstances, even though no justification is needed.

"Critically think"?  Time for you to start. . .

"raging at you  and your girlfriend"?  You mean yelling about where is his kid at and threatening to haul people to court?  Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh; that certainly warrants getting a gun to protect yourself from those non-existent physical threats.

In your world, are domestic situations all rainbows and unicorns, or do they, like in the real world, turn violent?

"Critically think."  Just do it.

The dude you're arguing with (now) is a police officer. But since you already quoted me and replied with a bunch of dumb stuff, I'm going to infer you were either drinking, or naturally inclined to a lower level of cogitation.

Or both.

It's another 2013 account with 300 posts (and probably 50-100 in this thread alone.)

I think this is one of those accounts that the mods are suppose to be looking for.

You might not be in such a great position as you think to cast aspersions over post count. How many of yours are from one thread? Hint - GP.

Since you're the one bringing it up, note some people might say a post count can also indicate when someone should read more and post less
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

How ironic!  How do you know anything about '13ers?  You definitely sound like a retread.  They tend to announce themselves.  Welcome back!  If you fellow firearm enthusiasts were not protected trolls, then I would be more concerned with a 2020 account with thousands of posts.  As it is, you're protected and we have to be nice to you so you won't leave. No matter if it does damage the site.

Yes, I am awaiting my warning/ban.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A criminal trespasser that is physical larger than you is in your front yard, refusing to leave, and is raging at you and your girlfriend.  It's absolutely "appropriate" to arm oneself in such circumstances, even though no justification is needed.

"raging at you  and your girlfriend"?  You mean yelling about where is his kid at and threatening to haul people to court?  Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh; that certainly warrants getting a gun to protect yourself from those non-existent physical threats.

In your world, are domestic situations all rainbows and unicorns, or do they, like in the real world, turn violent?

The dude you're arguing with (now) is a police officer. But since you already quoted me and replied with a bunch of dumb stuff, I'm going to infer you were either drinking, or naturally inclined to a lower level of cogitation.

Or both.

People disagreeing with you doesn't make them trolls.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, but it's idiotic to quote someone (me) and argue a point I never made,

And,

To argue a DV issue with someone who is clearly a cop and has "Patrol" in their screen name.

So yeah - either drunk, dumb or here to stir up shit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And,

To argue a DV issue with someone who is clearly a cop and has "Patrol" in their screen name.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And,

With logic like that I can see why you think everyone is a troll
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Chest bumping isn’t an attack and cause for use of deadly force no matter how many of you guys claim it. You embarrass yourselves making that argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No he wasn’t attacked.  He was confronted.  He was yelled at. He wasn’t attacked.

Not true. He made physical contact with black shirt guy and threatened to do him serious bodily harm. That is all that matters in this case. All the “dog ate my homework” arguments don’t come into play.

Chest bumping isn’t an attack and cause for use of deadly force no matter how many of you guys claim it. You embarrass yourselves making that argument.

We will see who is embarrassed when the matter is settled.  Under Texas law you don’t have to wait until some one kicks your ass before you respond. All that matters is what the law say it is.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Playing Devil's Asshole here - If there is a rule byva judge dictating that the custodial transfer occur at that place and by a certain time, then what?
View Quote

Your only recourse is to file a motion with the court. The Judge decides if the order was violated. You can’t kick someone’s ass and take the law into your own hands. The sooner men learn how to play the game, the sooner they will get a better deal.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread sure does out the manlets in GD.  

A fucking chest bump....lol.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does that apply to the woman who posted as well?

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Your only recourse is to file a motion with the court. The Judge decides if the order was violated. You can't kick someone's ass and take the law into your own hands. The sooner men learn how to play the game, the sooner they will get a better deal.
View Quote

I thought I was abundantly clear I am not then or now interested in the escalation, or arguments for justification for any use of force? Can we ask questions on a broad topic that fall outside the scope of the (a, any) clusterfuck?

I've been blessed with a boring drama free  30 year marriage and four healthy (now adult) sons...these custodial matters are truly alien to me.

...So in Texas, is there any stipulation in custodial cases where party A has to produce the child at a time and place? And if no, are there any immediate sanctions or violations?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only the people who would run with shit in unbelievable tangents.

Example: I can understand why you have a  position that some mods might be pedophiles, but wanting to randomly execute people is uncool.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Homeowner guy's attitude really changed after stepping inside to come back out again strapped. Like he was just looking for trouble.
Legally....it will be interesting to see how this plays out in front of the legal system, laws on the books and a jury.

Crazy shit!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hard to tell these days.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I thought I was abundantly clear I am not then or now interested in the escalation, or arguments for justification for any use of force? Can we ask questions on a broad topic that fall outside the scope of the (a, any) clusterfuck?

I've been blessed with a boring drama free  30 year marriage and four healthy (now adult) sons...these custodial matters are truly alien to me.

...So in Texas, is there any stipulation in custodial cases where party A has to produce the child at a time and place? And if no, are there any immediate sanctions or violations?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your only recourse is to file a motion with the court. The Judge decides if the order was violated. You can't kick someone's ass and take the law into your own hands. The sooner men learn how to play the game, the sooner they will get a better deal.

Drama free is good for the soul.

I don't believe there is anything more than document and go to court.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Example: I can understand why you have a  position that some mods might be pedophiles, but wanting to randomly execute people is uncool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a epic shit show of a shooting, legal or not.  

This thread is giving it a run for its money
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Homeowner guy's attitude really changed after stepping inside to come back out again strapped. Like he was just looking for trouble.
Legally....it will be interesting to see how this plays out in front of the legal system, laws on the books and a jury.

Crazy shit!
View Quote

More like he was looking to remove the trouble from his property.  Words were not enough for him to remove himself.  

No doubt it wasn't a smart move, shoulda called the cops and had him removed for criminal trespass (after the warning not leaving means handcuffs).  

IF ya need a gun don't let the bad guy get close enough to grab it, anyone charging an armed person is someone you don't wanna fight.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Not yet....

Texas Attorney General Confirms Criminal Investigation into Shooting Death of Chad Read

https://lawandcrime.com/caught-on-video/texas-attorney-general-confirms-criminal-investigation-into-shooting-death-of-chad-read-whose-mother-and-children-have-sued-alleged-shooter/

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/paxton-investigates-shooting-death-lubbock
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think the whore/mother of his children told him to stay she wanted to talk to him. The whole thing smells like it was a setup to kill the guy.
View Quote

To your point.

As black shirt turns to enter the house and before he reappears armed, the whore/mother, at the right of the screen, takes several noticeable steps back.  Why?  I do not know that answer.

It doesn't appear there was a competent adult there looking to de-escalate.

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have been a police officer for 29 years. Chest bumping or making any physical contact is no justification for murder. You would not believe how many times we have pulled our weapons and ordered a subject to the ground or to comply and they refuse. Most male subjects in our country will not comply willingly, that is why a firearm is the last resource. once you pull a firearm you have no place to go but up unless you’re willing to back down yourself. If you are not presented with deadly force, you do not escalate to deadly force, unless you like prison.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:42:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Once they tell the father the child is not there, and I believe they did, the father should have left when told to do so.  Even if they refused to transfer the child, once father has been told to leave the premises, he should have left, or at least called the police to make a report.

What he should NOT have done is advance onto the porch to confront the homeowner who is armed and telling him to leave.  What he should not have done was attempt to disarm the homeowner.  Remember, the homeowner did NOT advance on him, he stood his ground.  It went from 0-100 in a matter of seconds once the father tried to disarm the homeowner, on his own property.  That is what got him killed.

Was the homeowner justified in his actions by using deadly force...?  Well, Texas laws indicate he was.  Finding 12 jurors in west Texas that disagree with that will be a tall order, imo.

* I am not an attorney *... just some random goober giving my opinion based on what I saw and what I've read.  
View Quote

Is he die stupid? Of course he did. Walking up on somebody who has a gun pointed at you is the height of stupidity. Obviously the boyfriend was unstable himself. But in the United States of America, people often refused back down because they are afraid that it diminishes their manhood. The boyfriend is not justified because the ex-husband refused to leave. But the ex-husband is dead of his own stupidity for sure.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:45:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Should have signaled Green Shirt to get the fuck off his property. But he chose to continue to be aggressive and got killed. Maybe he was justified, but he's still dead. If Black Shirt goes to jail, hopefully Green Shirt will be at peace.
View Quote

Methinks that the liberals in Texas will use this as a springboard to pass red flag laws. Also, to pass laws indicating or changing the way homeowners can protect themselves
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You might not be in such a great position as you think to cast aspersions over post count. How many of yours are from one thread? Hint - GP.

Since you're the one bringing it up, note some people might say a post count can also indicate when someone should read more and post less
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or both.

I already had a solid post count before those two hobos ever went camping. But no doubt that thread definitely boosted my count.

There’s just a pattern here of 12 and 13 accounts with next to zero posts showing up and spamming threads.

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How ironic!  How do you know anything about '13ers?  You definitely sound like a retread.  They tend to announce themselves.  Welcome back!  If you fellow firearm enthusiasts were not protected trolls, then I would be more concerned with a 2020 account with thousands of posts.  As it is, you're protected and we have to be nice to you so you won't leave. No matter if it does damage the site.

Yes, I am awaiting my warning/ban.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#28]
2 different videos from 2 different angles, eye witnesses and good audio. Weeks have passed

Not charged.

I'd guess there is a better than average chance that he isn't going to be charged.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
2 different videos from 2 different angles, eye witnesses and good audio. Weeks have passed

Not charged.

I'd guess there is a better than average chance that he isn't going to be charged.
View Quote

There is no set time limit on when charges must be brought.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not charged.

View Quote

The MO couple were not charged for about 70 days (exact interval not verified).
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I remember reading the judge in the custody case is personally involved with the kids mother or other family. Are they looking into that at all now?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#32]

No is still the correct answer.  TX AG's office has had this case long enough to charge him
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No is still the correct answer.  TX AG's office has had this case long enough to charge him
View All Quotes
Quoted:

well according to their own statement...it's still on.  Stay tuned!

“The Attorney General of Texas has received repeated inquiries as to a criminal investigation of a shooting death referred from Lubbock County, Texas.

This shooting has received nationwide media coverage,” the press release said.

“Our office has begun a criminal investigation into this shooting,” the press release continued.

“During the pendency of any criminal investigation conducted by our office, we do not comment on the case to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Accordingly, we will not be commenting on the facts of this case.”
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

“The Attorney General of Texas has received repeated inquiries as to a criminal investigation of a shooting death referred from Lubbock County, Texas.

“Our office has begun a criminal investigation into this shooting,” the press release continued.

“During the pendency of any criminal investigation conducted by our office, we do not comment on the case to protect the integrity of the investigation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets sharpen our pitch forks just in case.  

The case was handed over 18 days ago, statement is because of Karen's calling.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will be interesting to see if it goes to a Grand Jury.  Dead guy deserves that much anyway.

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pretty sure I have a lot more experience addressing DV situations than you.............and this one didnt need a gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Critically think.”  Just do it.

Pretty sure I have a lot more experience addressing DV situations than you.............and this one didnt need a gun.

Interesting conclusion to come to, given that you know nothing about me.

Given that the criminal trespasser battered the homeowner, and attempted to take his gun, you know, after he said he’d kill the homeowner with it, being armed turned out to be a very prudent thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How many of them turn violent because one party introduces something into the argument that they think will deescalate the situation....and instead escalate it further?

If some of the TX folks in the thread are correct, black shirt was completely legal to go in the house and get his gun....but the argument didn't get physical until he did that.  I could see where that could hurt him with a jury....or not....it's all just speculation at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many of them turn violent because one party introduces something into the argument that they think will deescalate the situation....and instead escalate it further?

If some of the TX folks in the thread are correct, black shirt was completely legal to go in the house and get his gun....but the argument didn't get physical until he did that.  I could see where that could hurt him with a jury....or not....it's all just speculation at this point.

Do you have some insight that black shirt armed himself in an attempt to de-escalate the situation?  

A raging trespasser refusing to leave your property is more than enough justification to arm oneself, even though no justification is needed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Or both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or both.

You’re a special kind of special, aren’t you?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don’t think anyone here is trying to justify or excuse that.  But Read was killed for attacking a man armed with a rifle.  You wouldn’t be trying to justify or excuse that, would you?   ??
View Quote

Interesting, so you agree that he and everyone else is responsible for happened?  Since all they had to do was LEGALLY comply with the court order.  Instead of keeping the child from the dad.  

Glad you agree it was totally preventable if all those people would have done what was legally required.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It will be interesting to see if it goes to a Grand Jury.  Dead guy deserves that much anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it needs to go to a grand jury.  Hopefully dillegent investigation too
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And,

None of the above.  But go on knob slobbering a cop - it’s fun to watch.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your moronic posts tell enough

Given that the criminal trespasser battered the homeowner, and attempted to take his gun, you know, after he said he’d kill the homeowner with it, being armed turned out to be a very prudent thing to do.

Funny how green shirt never tried to go hands on, chest bump, or do anything similar to black shirt until after the gun came out.  So again, a situation where a gun wasnt needed and its introduction caused the situation to escalate.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sound butt hurt. Are you having custody issues?  Can we help?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Interesting, so you agree that he and everyone else is responsible for happened?  Since all they had to do was LEGALLY comply with the court order.  Instead of keeping the child from the dad.  

Glad you agree it was totally preventable if all those people would have done what was legally required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think anyone here is trying to justify or excuse that.  But Read was killed for attacking a man armed with a rifle.  You wouldn’t be trying to justify or excuse that, would you?   ??

I agree that it was preventable had Read left the property when ordered to, instead of attacking the property owner.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Funny how green shirt never tried to go hands on, chest bump, or do anything similar to black shirt until after the gun came out.  So again, a situation where a gun wasnt needed and its introduction caused the situation to escalate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you believe that “needing” a gun is a requirement to be armed on your own property inTX?  Is that what your LE experience tells you?

Just stop with that nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Just in case you all wanted to hear other people’s perspectives.

Pretty solid takes from Colin and the show host.

Was this Shooting Justified?? Colion Noir & John Lovell break down LEGAL & TACTICAL considerations
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Do you have some insight that black shirt armed himself in an attempt to de-escalate the situation?  

A raging trespasser refusing to leave your property is more than enough justification to arm oneself, even though no justification is needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't feel like an unreasonable assumption based on the video, since he didn't come out of the door with the gun pointed at green shirt and even allowed him to close distance and put his hand on the gun without actually pointing it at him.  I would assume that if he thought the threat was that high, he would have came out of the house with the gun pointed at him and fired when he was advanced on.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

So wait... in your mind, the fact that black shirt was armed BEFORE Gigachad initiated the physical altercation means that black shirt had no right to use a gun for self-defense?

Did you work for the Rittenhouse prosecution team?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I think we can all agree that the guy in the red shirt did nothing wrong.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not charged.

Sgt. Daniel Perry case (Ft. Hood soldier working ride share when an Austin libtard pointed an AK-47 at him in a BLM "march")  took almost a year for indictment.

Expect TX Atty General Investigation office to move at a Glacial Pace on this case.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top