BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CNN left out that a rebel flag was the cause.
View Quote

They've moved on.  The cause is now that thoughts of ARs are to blame.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm in a car with two Asians.  Should I be concerned?
5% of the population, 9% of mass shooters.
View Quote

No, but you'll probably end up paying for dinner.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What movie is that from?

I sometimes self identify as a holster, and require my therapy gun to be with me at all times. Fuck a carry permit!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ban white males

I self identify as an oppressed black man, so I'm fine with banning white males.

http://i.imgur.com/Cz2m7zj.gif

What movie is that from?

I sometimes self identify as a holster, and require my therapy gun to be with me at all times. Fuck a carry permit!  

Really?

The Fifth Element.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not Fox news, James Fox
From the article:

"Murder is a man's crime," said James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University.

Fox, who disagrees with the criteria Mother Jones used to report on mass shootings, offered various explanations: Men are often more likely to own a gun, to be trained and comfortable around firearms. They often have poorer support systems, and are less likely than women to share their feelings."
View Quote

I can blow that theory out of the water by showing Mr. Fox a certain gun forum.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Really?

The Fifth Element.
View Quote

I was 9 when that came out...
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends - who's driving?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Missed more....

Colin Ferguson, Long Island Rail Road train 1993, killed 6
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0f/Colin_Ferguson_mug_shot.jpg/220px-Colin_Ferguson_mug_shot.jpg

Omar S. Thornton, Hartford Distributors 2010, killed 8
http://murderpedia.org/male.T/images/thornton_omar/thornton_002.jpg

Nathan Dunlap, Chuck E. Cheese in Aurora, Colorado (yep, that same Aurora) in 1993, killed 5
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_nathan_dunlap_nt_130220_wmain.jpg

This list goes on and on and on...
View All Quotes

That's racist too.

Check your white privilege.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Depends - who's driving?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends - who's driving?

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
According to this picture:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/mass-killings/index.html#suspects

20% are black with is just slightly higher than the percentage of Blacks in the Population.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#10]
yea and woman kill unborn children.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't consider 6/10 mass shootings committed by whites a vast majority when 6/10 of the population is white
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So Who Owns CNN......AOL (America Online)......So Who Owns America Online?

Buyout

On May 12, 2015, Verizon announced plans to buy AOL for $50 per share in a deal valued at $4.4 billion. The transaction was completed on June 23. Armstrong, who continued to lead the firm following regulatory approval, called the deal the logical next step for AOL. "If you look forward five years, you're going to be in a space where there are going to be massive, global-scale networks, and there's no better partner for us to go forward with than Verizon." he said. "It's really not about selling the company today. It's about setting up for the next five to 10 years."[5]

Analyst David Bank said he thought the deal made sense for Verizon.[5] The deal will broaden Verizon's advertising sales platforms and increase its video production ability through websites such as The Huffington Post, TechCrunch, and Engadget.[80] However, Craig Moffett said it was unlikely the deal would make a big difference to Verizon's bottom line.[5] AOL had about two million dial-up subscribers at the time of the buyout.[80] The announcement caused AOL's stock price to rise 17%, while Verizon's stock price dropped slightly.[5]

TIME-WARNER TBS - AOL - donated 1.6 million to GW's 2000 campaign
America Online (AOL) acquired Time Warner - the largest merger in corporate history.

Television Holdings:

CNN, HBO, Cinemax, TBS Superstation, Turner Network Television, Turner Classic Movies, Warner Brothers Television, Cartoon Network, Sega Channel, TNT, Comedy Central (50%), E! (49%), Court TV (50%).

Largest owner of cable systems in the US with an estimated 13 million subscribers.

Media Holdings:

HBO Independent Productions, Warner Home Video, New Line Cinema, Castle Rock, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera.

Music: Atlantic, Elektra, Rhino, Sire, Warner Bros. Records, EMI, WEA, Sub Pop (distribution) = the world’s largest music company.

33 magazines including Time, Sports Illustrated, People, In Style, Fortune, Book of the Month Club, Entertainment Weekly, Life, DC Comics (50%), and MAD Magazine.

Other Holdings:

Sports: The Atlanta Braves, The Atlanta Hawks, World Championship Wrestling.

View Quote

Fuck all of them, I am close to cancelling my Verizon phones, my HBO, TNT, TCM and . Life will be dull, I guess I will just be outside doing more healthy things, like sharpening my shooting skills.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Fuck all of them, I am close to cancelling my Verizon phones, my HBO, TNT, TCM and . Life will be dull, I guess I will just be outside doing more healthy things, like sharpening my shooting skills.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Buyout

On May 12, 2015, Verizon announced plans to buy AOL for $50 per share in a deal valued at $4.4 billion. The transaction was completed on June 23. Armstrong, who continued to lead the firm following regulatory approval, called the deal the logical next step for AOL. "If you look forward five years, you're going to be in a space where there are going to be massive, global-scale networks, and there's no better partner for us to go forward with than Verizon." he said. "It's really not about selling the company today. It's about setting up for the next five to 10 years."[5]

Analyst David Bank said he thought the deal made sense for Verizon.[5] The deal will broaden Verizon's advertising sales platforms and increase its video production ability through websites such as The Huffington Post, TechCrunch, and Engadget.[80] However, Craig Moffett said it was unlikely the deal would make a big difference to Verizon's bottom line.[5] AOL had about two million dial-up subscribers at the time of the buyout.[80] The announcement caused AOL's stock price to rise 17%, while Verizon's stock price dropped slightly.[5]

America Online (AOL) acquired Time Warner - the largest merger in corporate history.

Television Holdings:

CNN, HBO, Cinemax, TBS Superstation, Turner Network Television, Turner Classic Movies, Warner Brothers Television, Cartoon Network, Sega Channel, TNT, Comedy Central (50%), E! (49%), Court TV (50%).

Largest owner of cable systems in the US with an estimated 13 million subscribers.

Media Holdings:

HBO Independent Productions, Warner Home Video, New Line Cinema, Castle Rock, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera.

Music: Atlantic, Elektra, Rhino, Sire, Warner Bros. Records, EMI, WEA, Sub Pop (distribution) = the world’s largest music company.

33 magazines including Time, Sports Illustrated, People, In Style, Fortune, Book of the Month Club, Entertainment Weekly, Life, DC Comics (50%), and MAD Magazine.

Other Holdings:

Do it you won't regret it. I turned off cable 2 years ago and after reading through that list, I don't watch or use any of them.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So it equates well with demographic make-up.

Now, who commits the most acts of violence per capita?

Your racist for even reading that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It says whites and blacks commit mass murders equivalent to their segment of the population. Hispanics commit almost none, and Asians commit mass murders at 2 1/2 times the rate of other races.

"If you look at the whole list, it turns out that whites and blacks are pretty proportionate to their population, very close," said Dave Cullen, author of the book "Columbine," which tells the story of the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Harris and Klebold, the shooters there, were white.

"Latinos are almost nowhere to be seen," Cullen told CNN's "New Day." "Asians continue to be heavily overrepresented -- more than two and a half times their size in the population."
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buyout

Television Holdings:

Media Holdings:

Other Holdings:

Wondering why you would post liberal claptrap with no link in a thread about the clinton news network and democrat party calling for gun control. It links word for word to a democrat occupy commie forum in los angeles commiefornia. There's about 2 posts from normal people, the rest occupy libtards who self identify as dems, indy and "libertarians"

Not surprising

Ms.
by Lynn Smith Saturday, Sep. 17, 2005 at 4:11 AM

Are you seriously trying to say that we have a republican media?
Wow. where have you been for the last 4 years?
I'd like to see how much these companies donated to democratic campaigns.

Incomplete Info
by George Thomas Tuesday, Sep. 26, 2006 at 7:02 AM

I noticed the 'donated $X to GW campaign' inclusions - I did not notice the 'donated to Al Gore or John Kerry campaigns'... Does the author wish us to believe these corporate entities did NOT donate to GW's opponents or the Democrat party?
http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/04/47530_comment.php#205460

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Chicago last 24 hours
Chicago gun violence coverage

Friday, 9:30 p.m. — Man shot in Brainerd drive-by
Friday, 11:55 p.m. — Man, 47, shot in Woodlawn drive-by
Saturday, 2:25 a.m. — Man shot in back of head in Gage Park
Saturday, 2:40 a.m. — Man shot in Austin
Saturday, 2:55 a.m. — Man critically injured in West Rogers Park drive-by
Saturday, 3:40 a.m. _ Man fatally shot in Back of the Yards drive-by
Saturday, 1:20 p.m. — Man shot in West Pullman
Saturday, 5:10 p.m. — One hurt in Morgan Park shooting
Saturday, 5:55 p.m. — Man shot on North Side
Saturday, 7 p.m. — Man shot, critically wounded in Greater Grand Crossing

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Once again, it'll be interesting to see who actually reads the thing, and who needs help from the Penguin Literacy Foundation.
View Quote

I won't click on a Commie Nude Nitwit link.  Can you Cliff Note it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh shit 64% is almost exclusive? US Population: Non-Hispanic White 196,817,552 63.7 %
View Quote

Definitely headline news.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#20]
According to data compiled by Mother Jones magazine, which looked at mass shootings in the United States since 1982, white people -- almost exclusively white men -- committed some 64% of the shootings.

Black people committed close to 16% of the mass shooting Mother Jones looked at, while Asians were responsible for around 9%. People identified as either Latino, Native American and unknown rounded out the study.
View Quote

Poorly written crap.

almost exclusively black people committed 16% of mass shootings.
almost exclusively latinos committed around 9%.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#21]
What about the ones killing all the peeps in Chicago on a Saturday night?  Who dat be?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#22]
they conveniently left out the statistics of all gun crimes...
i will say with little reservation and no research or direct knowledge that its 80% committed by non-whites.

they seem to think only mass murders are a problem.

hey CNN, GoFY!

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

If they were trying to make a point, they stepped on their dicks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Even with all the white guys committing mass shootings, whites in general don't hold a candle to all the murders committed by other racial groups in this country.

I'm sure that will be the subject of the next article.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It says whites and blacks commit mass murders equivalent to their segment of the population. Hispanics commit almost none, and Asians commit mass murders at 2 1/2 times the rate of other races.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"If you look at the whole list, it turns out that whites and blacks are pretty proportionate to their population, very close," said Dave Cullen, author of the book "Columbine," which tells the story of the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Harris and Klebold, the shooters there, were white.

"Latinos are almost nowhere to be seen," Cullen told CNN's "New Day." "Asians continue to be heavily overrepresented -- more than two and a half times their size in the population."

It's actually fairly neutral, but I suspect CNN knows most will only read the headline.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
to be fair they do have an asian and a black man also included in the pics
View Quote

I actually read the article. It simply states that whites and blacks commit these crimes proportional to their population. Also says that all had mental illness and it doesn't mean if you have metal illness you'll commit a crime like this, just more likely. Pretty straight forward.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#27]
so 64% of mass shooters were white and 16% were black...big fucking deal.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#28]
The stats prove that the stats proved nothing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top