Page / 63
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
There's meme material in here:

Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That sign isn't funny until you realize 1-4 was deployed 3 weeks ago...
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Lol holy shit that's bad
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That sign isn't funny until you realize 1-4 was deployed 3 weeks ago...
View Quote
Rear-D(UI)
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Always a fun sound. Especially when its the cheesedick NCO
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://i64.tinypic.com/25spy1d.jpg
View Quote
Never happened to me, but I can attest that shit is truer than God making little green apples.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like someone is living in your head rent free...

Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://i64.tinypic.com/25spy1d.jpg
View Quote
I always thought it was a 'click' when you expected a 'BANG!'
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks like someone is living in your head rent free...

https://i.imgur.com/o5S4hG7.jpg
View Quote
Just a FB meme that passed through my feed...
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats something only you get to hear. A weapon bouncing off the ground? the whole damn company hears that
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#15]

I loved Fort Polk, my uncle was a Colonel there.

I was maybe 5 years old and had lots of fun, even crushed my oldest sisters hand in a APC hatch.  

Oh about 1968 or so.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thats something only you get to hear. A weapon bouncing off the ground? the whole damn company hears that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah. Gotcha.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What is that from?
View Quote
One of the FB veterans pages - not sure which one but it looks like the FB private message system.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I loved Fort Polk, my uncle was a Colonel there.

I was maybe 5 years old and had lots of fun, even crushed my oldest sisters hand in a APC hatch.  

Oh about 1968 or so.
View Quote
I enjoyed my time at Polk.  It was backwoods, surrounded by backwoods people.

Just like home.

I was a member of an archery club off post, a hunting club off post, it was awesome.

Getting the tank stuck in an unknown swamp on top of a hill?  Peason Ridge?  Yeah, those places sucked, but Whiskey Chito Creek during PLDC Land Nav was such a joy!
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I enjoyed my time at Polk.  It was backwards, surrounded by backwards people.

Just like home.

I was a member of an archery club off post, a hunting club off post, it was awesome.

Getting the tank stuck in an unknown swamp on top of a hill?  Peason Ridge?  Yeah, those places sucked, but Whiskey Chito Creek during PLDC Land Nav was such a joy!
View Quote
Fixed it for you.

I’ve been there.  73 for Infantry AIT, 1 JRTC rotation, then our unit (2nd ACR) was transferred there in 97 and I retired there in 98.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

I’ve been there.  73 for Infantry AIT, 1 JRTC rotation, then our unit (2nd ACR) was transferred there in 97 and I retired there in 98.
View Quote
I was there twice. A year and a half with the 509th in 99-00 and 3 years as a OC from 07-10. 509th was the most fun I ever had and I kick myself for reenlisting to go to Bragg because the unit I got stuck in was shitty.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I noticed a lot of those reset. I was, impressed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#22]
PVT gets offered appointment with the base CSM...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/48896/11133_jpg-844124.JPG
View Quote
PAOs are mostly scum.

But Lewis, and the Puget Sound area in general, simply can't handle snowfall. I was stationed there and the post closes when snowflakes hit the ground. A serious amount of snow fucks up everything.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

PAOs are mostly scum.

But Lewis, and the Puget Sound area in general, simply can't handle snowfall. I was stationed there and the post closes when snowflakes hit the ground. A serious amount of snow fucks up everything.
View Quote
I'm surprised they didn't make all the PVT's go out with shovels to clear the side roads...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm surprised they didn't make all the PVT's go out with shovels to clear the side roads...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PAOs are mostly scum.

That's the thing about this generation in the military.  Social media has led them to believe their opinion matters, and they forget they're at the bottom of the totem pole.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's the thing about this generation in the military.  Social media has led them to believe their opinion matters, and they forget they're at the bottom of the totem pole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PAOs are mostly scum.

He will claim they raped him and get promoted.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He will claim they raped him and get promoted.
View Quote
Or, he'll claim he wants to hurt himself and get medically retired with 100% disability for PTSD - from that time he got his ass chewed.

(This was not intended to disparage those that truly suffer from PTSD - but I've seen some people abusing the system)
(Please return to the memes)

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Or, he'll claim he wants to hurt himself and get medically retired with 100% disability for PTSD - from that time he got his ass chewed.
View Quote
I've come to realize that the weight I gained after retiring wasn't from not doing PT anymore. I don't get 10lbs chewed off my ass every month for stupid shit my guys did.

"No Sergeant Major, I didn't know this was his 3rd DUI, I met the guy yesterday morning when he was assigned to me."

"Sergeant Major, after he burned down the second humvee, I took a signed memo from the troop commander that he wasn't allowed to use our trucks and gave it to the motor sergeant. The motor sergeant didn't tell the dispatch clerk so she gave the LT another truck." (which he wrecked, but did NOT burn down).

"Why are you rappelling off the barracks?! Fuck it, On belay!" (ok, that one was me getting my NCO an ass chewing. Circle of life and all that)
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've come to realize that the weight I gained after retiring wasn't from not doing PT anymore. I don't get 10lbs chewed off my ass every month for stupid shit my guys did.

"No Sergeant Major, I didn't know this was his 3rd DUI, I met the guy yesterday morning when he was assigned to me."

"Sergeant Major, after he burned down the second humvee, I took a signed memo from the troop commander that he wasn't allowed to use our trucks and gave it to the motor sergeant. The motor sergeant didn't tell the dispatch clerk so she gave the LT another truck." (which he wrecked, but did NOT burn down).

"Why are you rappelling off the barracks?! Fuck it, On belay!" (ok, that one was me getting my NCO an ass chewing. Circle of life and all that)
View Quote
I've got 17 months till I retire from the Corps.   I'm really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:02:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol that's so accurate
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:14:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
PAOs are mostly scum.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PAOs are mostly scum.

'Tis true. Monday and Tuesday was called off. Monday I could see why as the snow was coming down, just not hard. Tuesday it rained and turned everything into a giant white Slurpee. Not really dangerous, it's just that people don't know how to drive. Those from the Midwest and the mountain states laughed as this shit is fucking weak compared to back home
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
'Tis true. Monday and Tuesday was called off. Monday I could see why as the snow was coming down, just not hard. Tuesday it rained and turned everything into a giant white Slurpee. Not really dangerous, it's just that people don't know how to drive. Those from the Midwest and the mountain states laughed as this shit is fucking weak compared to back home
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PAOs are mostly scum.

You should see it when it snows in NC.  They shut everything down.  The brodozer race to the ditch starts when the first snow starts to stick.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
For the curious, how do you burn down a humvee and not on purpose?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
A smoke grenade accidentally going off among dude's equipment goes up pretty fast.
Haha "WHERE'S THE GODDAMN FIRE EXTINGUISHER?!"
"In the back of the truck in the fire, sir"

Also, trail blazing through high weeds/bushes & small trees getting stuck in the engine will do it too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Or what's really fun is having a brand new 2LT getting a brand new M1A1 at Graf.

Brand new 2LT takes his crew on a joy ride.  He was TC, I was the driver.

We were on some hairy not rated for tanks trails and LT spots a nice open snow covered perfectly flat field.

He said excitedly, "Ling!  Hard right!  Hit that field!"

Only it wasn't a field.  The ice was not thick enough to support a tank.

I had my hatch open and when the tank hit the small pond at about 35 MPH I didn't have much time to duck down into my hatch as sheets of inch thick ice slammed up the front slope.  Then crashed down on top of me.

All I heard was "Ling!  Floor it!"

I did and we made it through.  The beautiful brand new tank was now filthy as hell, the inside coated in pond muck.

We dredged up dozens of little frogs that huddled on the front slope until they froze solid and rolled off.  I think I got PTSD from the wanton Amphibicide that day.

On a good note, the LT took all the blame and even helped us wash the tank.  He was a really great guy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Or what's really fun is having a brand new 2LT getting a brand new M1A1 at Graf.

Brand new 2LT takes his crew on a joy ride.  He was TC, I was the driver.

We were on some hairy not rated for tanks trails and LT spots a nice open snow covered perfectly flat field.

He said excitedly, "Ling!  Hard right!  Hit that field!"

Only it wasn't a field.  The ice was not thick enough to support a tank.

I had my hatch open and when the tank hit the small pond at about 35 MPH I didn't have much time to duck down into my hatch as sheets of inch thick ice slammed up the front slope.  Then crashed down on top of me.

All I heard was "Ling!  Floor it!"

I did and we made it through.  The beautiful brand new tank was now filthy as hell, the inside coated in pond muck.

We dredged up dozens of little frogs that huddled on the front slope until they froze solid and rolled off.  I think I got PTSD from the wanton Amphibicide that day.

On a good note, the LT took all the blame and even helped us wash the tank.  He was a really great guy.
View Quote
Impressed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A smoke grenade accidentally going off among dude's equipment goes up pretty fast.
Haha "WHERE'S THE GODDAMN FIRE EXTINGUISHER?!"
"In the back of the truck in the fire, sir"

Also, trail blazing through high weeds/bushes & small trees getting stuck in the engine will do it too.
View Quote
In the example I posted above, a LT from our shop in 11th ACR was loaned out (for about 6 or 7 months) to be a augmentee O/C at Irwin. He would break a humvee every rotation. The fires were started because he refused to do PMCS and driving a humvee across rough terrain like that bounced the battery cover loose, which connected the terminals and caused a short, starting a fire.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew a guy that burned a TOW aiming sight. Don't remember the whole story but he had one in a garbage bag near his cot in Iraq and during a tent clean-up, it got mixed in with the other trash bags...ended up going into the burn pit. It was one of the versions that had FLIR and other upgrades.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#42]
This thread need more memes!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Impressed.
View Quote
You ever have one of those leaders that, if they called you up 20 years later and asked for your help, you would drop everything and go?

He is one of those guys.  I only met three in my short time in the Army, but if he called me up and said he needed me to help him, I would go without a moment's hesitation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You ever have one of those leaders that, if they called you up 20 years later and asked for your help, you would drop everything and go?

He is one of those guys.  I only met three in my short time in the Army, but if he called me up and said he needed me to help him, I would go without a moment's hesitation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Impressed.

2LT Smith. Guy was fearless, and took care of us.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What is that from?
View All Quotes
5Bravo "helicopter mom"...it goes further than what was posted. They used to have a website, but it looks like just a Facebook presence now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My uncle was stationed several different places in Texas during the Vietnam era. He said men passing out during drill on concrete was the worst. He said their heads hitting the rock was like someone taking a hammer to a melon. A deep resounding sound that chilled the soul. He said he had officers that enjoyed depriving troops of water all day day after day during the South West Texas summer. And four or five guys would go down everyday.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#49]
If you fall out during the Division Review at Bragg, your career is over. My unit had a guy pass out. Medics gave him IVs woke him up and as soon as he returned to the unit, they ran him on the obstacle course out back until he passed out again. This time it was at the top of a rope ladder and he broke his elbow when he fell.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top