Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks
Would donate some memberships to correct it
View Quote

You've got 20 posts, kill this account and restart as Bunnysbuttstock.
Holy shit! You see that fucking head come apart, man?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How's the air conditioning?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on the Colorado zr2 huh...

I wonder how much if anything is interchangeable

https://defence-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/0-15.jpg
How's the air conditioning?  

Exactly as the Request for Proposal demanded.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

how the hell are 9 soldiers fitting in that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I get it. I get that it's meant to be more mobile, but as others have said so was the HIGH MOBILITY multipurpose wheeled vehicle (HMMWV) aka "Humvee" until they decided to try to make it something it wasn't and it predictably was a failure. I guess I'm skeptical because I know that some unit is going to get stuck with these and some higher echelon officer is going to decide that they're tanks and assign missions and additional armament accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Eventually, the other DRL will die

I've had to replace one side turn signal light, but except for the usual DRLs, I've not had any lights on my 2002 GMC 1500 go out since I bought it in 2008.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesnt look like a gm. Both headlights are working.

It's the DRLs that only one works, both headlights work fine.

Kharn

Eventually, the other DRL will die

I've had to replace one side turn signal light, but except for the usual DRLs, I've not had any lights on my 2002 GMC 1500 go out since I bought it in 2008.

I turn the headlights on as soon as I start up my '02 2500. I haven't checked DRL functionality in years, I've given up on them.
I think I've changed the headlights once in 15 years.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2-3-2-2 seating. The rear four seats face sideways.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be a lot of fun around here. Rabbit blasting pro team.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess I get it. I get that it's meant to be more mobile, but then again like you said so was the HIGH MOBILITY multipurpose wheeled vehicle (HMMWV) aka "Humvee" until they decided to try to make it something it wasn't and it predictably was a failure. I guess I'm skeptical because I know that some unit is going to get stuck with these and some higher echelon officer is going to decide that they're tanks and assign missions and additional armament accordingly.
View Quote

The JLTV is going to be the default. These are for a handful of units, which will have JLTVs available. Drop in on an airfield or airlift a battalion South of Baghdad, these will be used on the ground. Need to move a company or the heavy mortars, here you go.  Patrols in Afghanistan or move to contact, they will fall in JLTV. Any unit that is driving to combat will use the JLTV or something heavier. There are some missions that you just can't get armor light enough to do. For everything else we will use the JLTV.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
GM is retarded
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure beats walking.... and being out in the suck, wearing all you gear, vs. sitting in this, with year gear strapped on, I'm sure plenty of Doughs rode on the back of a tank in the rain vs. walking.

I see the need. Would I want to rid in going thru Sadr City... I'm guessing not, or down a heavily IED laden MSR... again no.

We have other vehicles for that... this is not what that is for.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another fuck you to the troops. I'd much rather have one of those Toyota trucks that were used in AFG. Fucking GM, LOL.
View Quote

It's a Chevy not a GM.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Humvee was a good platform for what it was originally envisioned a light tactical vehicle that was adaptable to multiple missions, a jeep replacement. What it was not great at was a gun truck or as a mortised infantry carrier. Those applications really require at least some level of armor. It was pressed into those roles because the units didn't have a better option. How people thought the unarmored trucks would fare well in a Peer fight I will never understand. 3 ID light scouts were quickly found wanting in the march and replaced with Brads.
View Quote
Jeeps with 30 cals got schwacked really fast in WW2. Which is why they were usually used by MP and in road guard units . The greyhound and halftrack and other light ifvs did much better. Why they thought the desert would be different i have no idea
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

30k miles and 12k miles.  Wow that is impressive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Jeeps with 30 cals got schwacked really fast in WW2. Which is why they were usually used by MP and in road guard units . The greyhound and halftrack and other light ifvs did much better. Why they thought the desert would be different i have no idea
View Quote
The Italians got it right in 1942
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Camionetta A.S.42 Sahariana reconnaissance car/desert raider.  Though the wall of gas cans looks dubious, actually they had 11/16" armor all around and they could throw a very heavy punch.  Capacious interior allowed for a 360 degree pedestal mounted 47mm AT gun or 20mm autocannon, plus several machine guns.  The low profile made them sneaky.  Italian A.S.42 squadrons claim a 5 to 1 kill ratio against the British, and the "desert rats" took care to avoid them.

47mm AT, 20mm Solothurn AT, and 20mm Breda dual use:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/s7LeY37_jpg-1654409.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/r9sZGyd_jpg-1654417.JPG

Camionetta A.S.42 Sahariana reconnaissance car/desert raider.  Though the wall of gas cans looks dubious, actually they had 11/16" armor all around and they could throw a very heavy punch.  Capacious interior allowed for a 360 degree pedestal mounted 47mm AT gun or 20mm autocannon, plus several machine guns.  The low profile made them sneaky.  Italian A.S.42 squadrons claim a 5 to 1 kill ratio against the British, and the "desert rats" took care to avoid them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/AS42_10_jpg-1654410.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/AS42_02_jpg-1654411.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/AS42-6_jpg-1654412.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrsZVLiipgk

View Quote

that thing is awesome man.. I've never seen or heard of that.

thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All the chevies will be trashed and broken in 6 months and all the Soldiers will be back in Toyota's.
View Quote

Maybe the Military doesnt want a 100 acres of rusted out broken frames... Yes every Toyota dealer has a garbage rusted frame  scrape pile with new frames waiting...
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Still don't understand how people don't see the big picture for the need for the Light Infantry to get from A to B quickly. This lil truck ain't meant to be lived in nor do route clearance. It's to get shooters from infil to the objective with their kit, ammo, and commo. Keeps Joe fresh for actions on the objective versus humping in 100lbs of kit or getting inserted into a hot mess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks to be rather lacking in crew protection. Nice looking vehicle other than that little drawback

No shit thats what the JLTVs are for. There is a need for a mobility solution that can be airlifted or dropped. This isnt a cutv or hummer replacement.

Still don't understand how people don't see the big picture for the need for the Light Infantry to get from A to B quickly. This lil truck ain't meant to be lived in nor do route clearance. It's to get shooters from infil to the objective with their kit, ammo, and commo. Keeps Joe fresh for actions on the objective versus humping in 100lbs of kit or getting inserted into a hot mess.

I understand that but mission creep will put guys in those vehicles, into situations where it was not meant to be at some point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks to be rather lacking in crew protection. Nice looking vehicle other than that little drawback
View Quote

I don't think these are for combat use.  I bet they are envisioned for CONUS or the large logistics hubs overseas, as people movers so squads have some form of organic transportation for everyday tasks.  The same units will probably have MRAPs or Strikers for going to work.

Kind of like how a trucker has his big rig for work and drives a sedan when he is not on the road.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Outstanding truck platform, I'm on my 2nd ZR2.  1st one 30k miles, no problems, 2nd one 12k miles, no problems
View Quote

2 trucks with a combined 42k miles is not an indication of performance or reliability
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Another fuck you to the troops. I'd much rather have one of those Toyota trucks that were used in AFG. Fucking GM, LOL.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Ib4 they realise that the troops prefer doors with armor on them ?

Just a thought tho
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Imma go Chevy dealer and order me one...
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
GM Defense, General Motors' latest foray as a military supplier, marked a milestone on Tuesday. The first of many new Infantry Squad Vehicles made their way to the US Army as part of a multimillion-dollar contract. The ISVs are particularly neat because they're actually based on the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.

While the ISV is a tough hauler, it actually shares 90% of its components with vehicles GM builds today. The vehicle even includes some race-proven Chevy Performance parts, thanks to research and development from the Colorado ZR2. While the ISV is meant to get the Army to places quickly, it's also a small, versatile thing. GM Defense said the 5,000-pound vehicle is light enough for loading into a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter, but small enough to fit inside a CH-47 Chinook helicopter for quick transport. Agility is the name of the game with the new ISV.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/chevy-colorado-zr2-infantry-vehicles-us-army/

View Quote

it actually shares 90% of its components with vehicles GM builds today.

so ... uhh ... yeah ... no thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey don't dog on the Hi-lux, its a fucking tank.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#25]
That looks like a Jeep and a half.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Why do people by tiny pickups?

That's gayer than two boys fucking, one felching, one filming.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#27]
It's a GM so it will be easily tracked by the enemy. They need only follow the trail of Dexcool.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Outstanding truck platform, I'm on my 2nd ZR2.  1st one 30k miles, no problems, 2nd one 12k miles, no problems
View Quote

42k trouble free miles in total?

You should contact the folks at Guinness.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is an outstanding platform when it turns 300,000 with minimal problems.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ib4 they realise that the troops prefer doors with armor on them ?

Just a thought tho
View Quote

Jesus fuck, its like a bunch of people who are smart enough to read, but too lazy to do so.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's the DRLs that only one works, both headlights work fine.

Kharn
View Quote

It's funny because the other day I saw two identical Chevy sedans going down I-64 one in front of the other and both of them had the DRL out on one side.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In before it's up armored?
View Quote

Isn't this essentially filling the niche that the old CUCV blazers and pickups did?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They've only been out since the 2017 MY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

30k miles and 12k miles.  Wow that is impressive.

They've only been out since the 2017 MY

I sold off a 2003 Ranger with 340k miles on it a few years ago. Other than regular maintenance the only thing I ever had to do to it was an alternator at 200,000 or so.

But 30k miles tho.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Isn't this essentially filling the niche that the old CUCV blazers and pickups did?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before it's up armored?

It's just meant to be a light fast mover to shuttle troops around who would otherwise be humping. Similar to the sand rail thingy spec ops had for a while which the name of eludes me at the moment. There's a lot of reasons to shit on this thing (mostly because it's a Generally Miserable product) but lack of armor isn't one of them. That's not the point of this thing at all.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's just meant to be a light fast mover to shuttle troops around who would otherwise be humping. Similar to the sand rail thingy spec ops had for a while which the name of eludes me at the moment. There's a lot of reasons to shit on this thing (mostly because it's a Generally Miserable product) but lack of armor isn't one of them. That's not the point of this thing at all.

View Quote

I dunno.  I kinda like my 1009, warts and all.    Even if it is a GM product.

It was cheap, it's pretty good off-road, it was cheap, I can work on it, it was cheap, parts are very available still,... and it was cheap.

Did I mention that it was cheap?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My 2014 Silverado hasn't had a single bulb burn out or replaced yet even with the Mexican wiring.  
View Quote

Same with my 2015vSilverado.  But, haters gotta find something to bitch about.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup,which the cucv was a great purchase. Anyone know how well the last jeeps were on reliability and maint? I know the hummer sucks
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#38]
GMC. General mess o' crap.  They'll be used for tank target practice after they fall apart.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't think these are for combat use.  I bet they are envisioned for CONUS or the large logistics hubs overseas, as people movers so squads have some form of organic transportation for everyday tasks.  The same units will probably have MRAPs or Strikers for going to work.

Kind of like how a trucker has his big rig for work and drives a sedan when he is not on the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're very much for combat use.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 2014 Silverado hasn't had a single bulb burn out or replaced yet even with the Mexican wiring.  

It was a GMT800 series problem ('00-'07?), something about how the wiring harness was designed for the DRLs that caused the two bulbs together to significantly reduce the life of the bulbs, but once one bulb burned out, the other bulb would last forever.
You could clip the two sockets off the harness and crimp on replacement sockets with a bit of circuitry in them to fix the issue (voltage regulators?) but no one ever bothers to do that.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
GM is retarded if they don’t turn that into a Jeep/Bronco killer.
View Quote

Been out for years, nothing of the sort except offers a diesel.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks cold.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Maybe it has the same shitty inline Vortec. Or the front brake rotors that are bolted to the back of the wheel hub. Ah fuck it, it’s only tax money.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I think the DNA for this new vehicle is good to go. I have a purpose purchased 2016 GMC Canyon (Chevy Colorado) and have really come to appreciate it and what it can do. With the new combat ready variant I have zero problem believing that it can manage 6-7 men and gear in some pretty tough situations. My truck is stock 4x4, small motored, and we have little trouble in Colorado and other spots getting up and over any mountain pass we've ever tried. Our truck won't do what a nitrous motored Jeep with $40K in suspension upgrades but it will get you close enough.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/s7LeY37_jpg-1654409.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/r9sZGyd_jpg-1654417.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/AS42_10_jpg-1654410.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/AS42_02_jpg-1654411.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172926/AS42-6_jpg-1654412.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrsZVLiipgk

View Quote

Damn, rest easy to that presumed Allied soldier at 02:23 . War is hell.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#46]
So how well will it work with 4000+# of GI welded on up armor????
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess what I'm thinking is that it'll see some mission creep and eventually be pressed into service as a GP vehicle. I was only in for a short time and only in one MOS so I don't know how the whole Army works but as a former MP the idea of a team being assigned multiple vehicles or a squad having it's own vehicle above and beyond the team's vehicles seems unlikely. Then again I'm sure it happens in some units.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's won't work as a testimony because 30k &12k miles is really nothing
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shit's barely broke in and you're crowing about no problems.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Jesus fuck, its like a bunch of people who are smart enough to read, but too lazy to do so.
View Quote
Welcome to GD
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top