Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/20/2022 4:19:29 PM EDT

PDF of Revised Complaint

BREAKING!!!! GOA V New York Round 2! Taking Down The CCIA!

Watch it, no Cliff Notes. If you can't be bothered to make the time, neither can I...

Seriously, great work to the GOA team, especially @nolocontendere who I'm sure will comment when he is allowed to and able.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's go NOLO
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's going to take every damn court at every single level slapping NY upside the head for anything to change.

Should be quite a show!
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
can't wait. gonna be awesome.
View Quote

That uncanny first post thing strikes again!

From your lips to God's ears brother!
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
This will be great, one point of order, isn't a positive result for gun owners predicated on NYS following a ruling and the law?

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Get ‘em!
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Would be great if these types of cut and dry abusive law cases could be settled in a couple of weeks instead of the ages they take.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#9]
"The Law is blatantly unconstitutional but because Joe Citizen won't violate the law, I won't officially invalidate the law"

Is that the sum of the circle jerk by a robe wearing ass?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWf3a90hlgQ

Watch it, no Cliff Notes. If you can't be bothered to make the time, neither can I...

Seriously, great work to the GOA team, especially @nolocontendere who I'm sure will comment when he is allowed to and able.
View Quote

Damn. Has that guy had a stroke?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Would be great if these types of cut and dry abusive law cases could be settled in a couple of weeks instead of the ages they take.
View Quote

Yep. And when this gets smacked down NY will just outlaw carry on days that end in "Y". Then we get to wait again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This will be great, one point of order, isn't a positive result for gun owners predicated on NYS following a ruling and the law?

View Quote

The sooner the judge rules it unconstitutional and enjoins it, the sooner NY can ignore the ruling and fast track it to the Supreme Court.

Go ahead, ignore the ruling and prosecute people. The 1983 civil rights lawsuits will be flying right and left and guess what, when you go the civil rights route you can go after the government official personally and their homes, pensions, life savings. Their immunity goes out the fucking window, and that is why "public servants" are scared to death of them. Once Hochul and her minions are personally on the line and not hiding behind the state coffers, we'll see how they roll. GOA doesn't seem to be hindered by whatever restrains the NRA in defending our rights. Don't get me wrong, I'm still grateful for the NRA despite their shenanigans, but I'm grateful there are some honey badgers on our side that just don't give a fuck and are willing to wage lawfare in the same ruthless way the gun grabbers are willing to.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Go get them, GOA!
Watch, as soon as this 'new' law is overturned they'll have another ready to go.
Wash, rinse, repeat..

There needs to be a consequence for these kinds of BS laws.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The sooner the judge rules it unconstitutional and enjoins it, the sooner NY can ignore the ruling and fast track it to the Supreme Court.

Go ahead, ignore the ruling and prosecute people. The 1983 civil rights lawsuits will be flying right and left and guess what, when you go the civil rights route you can go after the government official personally and their homes, pensions, life savings. Their immunity goes out the fucking window, and that is why "public servants" are scared to death of them. Once Hochul and her minions are personally on the line and not hiding behind the state coffers, we'll see how they roll. GOA doesn't seem to be hindered by whatever restrains the NRA in defending our rights. Don't get me wrong, I'm still grateful for the NRA despite their shenanigans, but I'm grateful there are some honey badgers on our side that just don't give a fuck and are willing to wage lawfare in the same ruthless way the gun grabbers are willing to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA...
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The NRA...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA...

Without the NRA there would have been no NYSRPA v. Bruen which heralded in the CCIA and the GOA's lawsuits. We knew it would get worse before it got better, but the only shot at breaking NYS was to go this long and perilous path. I fault the NRA for a lot of things, but they made the NYSRPA suit possible.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"The Law is blatantly unconstitutional but because Joe Citizen won't violate the law, I won't officially invalidate the law"https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_confused.gif

View Quote

It sucks but the second circuit, unfriendly to 2A, would’ve have reversed it immediately based on standing alone. This judge did us a long-term favor by making the future case airtight.

Just coach the plaintiffs a little better…
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Why, does that guy talk like a platypus on novocaine?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It sucks but the second circuit, unfriendly to 2A, would’ve have reversed it immediately based on standing alone. This judge did us a long-term favor by making the future case airtight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"The Law is blatantly unconstitutional but because Joe Citizen won't violate the law, I won't officially invalidate the law"https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_confused.gif

I mean standing shouldn't even be an issue when it comes to a law being unconstitutional, as it effects every person.

But yeah the judge knew the 2nd circus would toss it on appeal based on the standing technicalities...and gave GOA another go at it...and even said "yeah the law is BS, send it back ASAP and I'll toss it."

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#21]
GOA actually fights, while the NRA remains silent at best.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Seriously need cliff notes on the video, dude has a voice for printed media
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why, does that guy talk like a platypus on novocaine?
View Quote

It’s funny cause it’s true. Poor guy
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Without the NRA there would have been no NYSRPA v. Bruen which heralded in the CCIA and the GOA's lawsuits. We knew it would get worse before it got better, but the only shot at breaking NYS was to go this long and perilous path. I fault the NRA for a lot of things, but they made the NYSRPA suit possible.
View Quote

QFT…

NRA is more fucked up than a pile of coat hangers, but if not for them, NYSRPA v Bruen would NOT have happened.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and awhile…
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#26]
New York loses, they slightly change it to be worse, keep it.

With no punishment, it won’t matter.

a law found to be unconstitutional should at a minimum, cost everyone who signed off on said law their political position / job, and barred from future office.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Go get them, GOA!
Watch, as soon as this 'new' law is overturned they'll have another ready to go.
Wash, rinse, repeat..

There needs to be a consequence for these kinds of BS laws.

View Quote

If it were up to me, it would be in the Constitution that the authors and "yea" voters for any law found unconstitutional by the SCOTUS shall be guilty of treason.  

They'll tone their shit WAAAAY down.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag.    Go Nolo!
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Damn. Has that guy had a stroke?
View Quote
or he's high as giraffe nuts...
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#30]
When will this case be ruled on?

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

a law found to be unconstitutional should at a minimum, cost everyone who signed off on said law their political position / job, and barred from future office.
View Quote

And it won’t stop until that happens.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When will this case be ruled on?

View Quote

When it’s ruled on. It hasn’t even been docketed yet to my knowledge. Briefs will be exchanged, a court date set, arguments made, a verdict rendered, and hopefully at the beginning an injunction issued. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#33]
My body is always ready.

When's the next dinner? I didn't get a chance to bitch to Nolo about my county like the rest of you did..
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#36]
If it's time to shoot, then shoot don't talk.

They should file first and fundraisers after.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

… The 1983 civil rights lawsuits will be flying right and left and guess what, when you go the civil rights route you can go after the government official personally and their homes, pensions, life savings. Their immunity goes out the fucking window, and that is why "public servants" are scared to death of them. Once Hochul and her minions are personally on the line and not hiding behind the state coffers, we'll see how they roll. ...
View Quote

The fact we need personal liability for violating civil rights in the ONLY way to stop the anti-Constitution crowd.  HOW do we get there - you are implying a mechanism exists - can you explain in more detail?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn, I sped up the video to 2x just to breeze through it.  Then he sounded like a normal speaking person.

I then read all your comments about the talking platypus drugged up so I went back to play it at normal speed.  Holy fuck it's a painful listen despite the content being presented.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]
In for wherever this goes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do these 1983 civil rights lawsuits work?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. If you voted for it, out you go.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The fact we need personal liability for violating civil rights in the ONLY way to stop the anti-Constitution crowd.  HOW do we get there - you are implying a mechanism exists - can you explain in more detail?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

… The 1983 civil rights lawsuits will be flying right and left and guess what, when you go the civil rights route you can go after the government official personally and their homes, pensions, life savings. Their immunity goes out the fucking window, and that is why "public servants" are scared to death of them. Once Hochul and her minions are personally on the line and not hiding behind the state coffers, we'll see how they roll. ...

This might answer many of your questions.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hasn't been docketed yet, but it has been filed.  stay tuned for the Complaint when it is formally docketed.  There are some other things that will happen, soon, as well.
View Quote

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Still open to be a plaintiff if they need one
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#46]
NY gives 2 shits about rule of law. Every county's local sheriff's has made up their own (unconstitutional ) laws as of late.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#47]
FKH
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Can I get a bullet point cliffnotes of it?

I don't have the ability to listen at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will some one with standing do this one?
https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivation-rights-under-color-law
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#50]

That claims state legislators are immune.

Does that apply to municipalities?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top