BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great so you can sue cops, but not the assholes that passed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my reading it is those who enforce the law - executive powers. While the legislature may pass the law, they don’t arrest and don’t prosecute. It’s bullshit but I kind of get it.

Wait until they take discretion away from the police….that will be the next “mandatory arrest”.

But I will say this:  police are the end of the line….they have a choice on how to handle each incident on its own weight.  They don’t make the laws, but they DO take an oath and there are those in LE that are just as politically motivated as the very politicians who make these unconstitutional laws.

Stay frosty….trust no one
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Wait until they take discretion away from the police .that will be the next "mandatory arrest".

But I will say this:  police are the end of the line .they have a choice on how to handle each incident on its own weight.  They don't make the laws, but they DO take an oath and there are those in LE that are just as politically motivated as the very politicians who make these unconstitutional laws.

Stay frosty .trust no one
View Quote
When are they all switching to fall-colored (well, one color, at least) uniforms?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wait until they take discretion away from the police….that will be the next “mandatory arrest”.

View Quote

They kind of can't. There are entirely too many laws on the books, and despite what the courts have said, it just isn't realistic to expect everyone to know what they are, including police. And even if they did, there's no way they'd actually be able to pursue every violation they come across.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When are they all switching to fall-colored (well, one color, at least) uniforms?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait until they take discretion away from the police .that will be the next "mandatory arrest".

But I will say this:  police are the end of the line .they have a choice on how to handle each incident on its own weight.  They don't make the laws, but they DO take an oath and there are those in LE that are just as politically motivated as the very politicians who make these unconstitutional laws.

I didn’t get that memo
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"The Law is blatantly unconstitutional but because Joe Citizen won't violate the law, I won't officially invalidate the law"https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_confused.gif

Is that the sum of the circle jerk by a robe wearing ass?
View Quote

Well sorta.

You dont have a standing to sue the state of California if they wont issue non resi permits, if you never plan to go there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GOA actually fights, while the NRA remains silent at best.
View Quote

Many years ago I was an Nra member but let it expire. I happen to be in a line at a store near the nra headquarters in Va. Behind me was a person with a nra hat on, wound up telling that I had let it expire and why. Well to cut to the chase I was told the nra wont do anything in maryland as they saw it as a lost cause.

Now I am nra member... I feel dirty saying that... but I have it for my instructor certs for maryland so not much of a choice.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I didn't get that memo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't get that memo
Did you at least get the arm band?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my reading it is those who enforce the law - executive powers. While the legislature may pass the law, they don’t arrest and don’t prosecute. It’s bullshit but I kind of get it.

It is what it is, the only cops that will be sued are those who violate people's civil liberties.

We can vote legislators out... not that we do. You can't vote a bad cop out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#9]
TRO denied, Nolo expected that. Judge wants to give the defendants time to file briefs. Wife, who also practices in federal court, said the TRO was unlikely but has no bearing on whether an injunction will be granted. While she thinks one was warranted, it is considered an extremely extraordinary form of relief that is rarely ever granted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But I will say this:  police are the end of the line….they have a choice on how to handle each incident on its own weight.  They don’t make the laws, but they DO take an oath and there are those in LE that are just as politically motivated as the very politicians who make these unconstitutional laws.

View Quote

This is the double edged sword of body worn cameras.

Think they are just for being able to win law suits against false claims?

Nope.   They are audited to see whether the officer is using descretion, listening to songs that might look bad, generally making sure the entire 8-12 hour shift is letter of the law.

And that is all internal before anything is requested by cop watch types under freedom information act.

The ability for cops to weigh spirit of the law versus letter of the lae is going away.   Departments are requiring that before an officer acknowledges a call to say "enroute" they are to push record then put themselves enroute.   Beginning to end of call all recorded.

California wants even more like stupid field interrogation cards that record all the minority special interests data from every stop.

All the new officers that are coming in will be indoctrinated to "that's just the way it is."    All the old school officers will be pushed out and there will be no descretion.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"The Law is blatantly unconstitutional but because Joe Citizen won't violate the law, I won't officially invalidate the law"https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_confused.gif

Is that the sum of the circle jerk by a robe wearing ass?
View Quote

Yes - but op said no cliffs!

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope.   They are audited to see whether the officer is using descretion, listening to songs that might look bad, generally making sure the entire 8-12 hour shift is letter of the law.

And that is all internal before anything is requested by cop watch types under freedom information act.

The ability for cops to weigh spirit of the law versus letter of the lae is going away.   Departments are requiring that before an officer acknowledges a call to say "enroute" they are to push record then put themselves enroute.   Beginning to end of call all recorded.

California wants even more like stupid field interrogation cards that record all the minority special interests data from every stop.

All the new officers that are coming in will be indoctrinated to "that's just the way it is."    All the old school officers will be pushed out and there will be no descretion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And THAT is what is happening

Why do you think Biden said that the single biggest terrorist threat to the nation is retired LEOs and Military?

This is why they are infiltrating our schools to indoctrinate our children

They are in it for the long game…..all they have to wait for is all of their pieces to fall into place

What you posted is a big part of it
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet. Good luck NOLO. Will have to donate to GOA and FPC for their NY endeavors
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
TRO denied, Nolo expected that. Judge wants to give the defendants time to file briefs. Wife, who also practices in federal court, said the TRO was unlikely but has no bearing on whether an injunction will be granted. While she thinks one was warranted, it is considered an extremely extraordinary form of relief that is rarely ever granted.
View Quote

Isn't this the same judge that said the whole thing was unconstitutional?

---

On the bright side he isn't saying there is no standing, unless he's waiting for the state to raise that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

---

On the bright side he isn't saying there is no standing, unless he's waiting for the state to raise that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

---

Yes, and I expect an injunction. Just isn’t happening at the pace people want.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top