Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saddest part is, when they were both in the dirt on the side of the road with an average sized male man handling them,
as they looked at each other, it should have dawned on them how fucked up they were, and bowed out gracefully.
Bet they are still on the road as we speak, refusing to accept what a liability they are to the others on their shift.
Or, they are getting ready to clog up a retirement slot historically occupied by a broken down male patrolman with not enough time in to retire.. .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Saddest part is, when they were both in the dirt on the side of the road with an average sized male man handling them,
as they looked at each other, it should have dawned on them how fucked up they were, and bowed out gracefully.
Bet they are still on the road as we speak, refusing to accept what a liability they are to the others on their shift.
Or, they are getting ready to clog up a retirement slot historically occupied by a broken down male patrolman with not enough time in to retire.. .

Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not understand how a 4’11” woman can become a cop.
It was probably something from a young age she wanted to do and didn’t let someone tell her she couldn’t do it?  They did their job and I’ve always said I have no problem with a female officer, but they should be reserved for special situations.
Would these female cops that only handled "special situations" be paid the same as male cops who handled every kind of situation?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I brought this up at my own agency recently. We have an officer that's barely over 5 feet tall, and another that's a solid 5'2 powerlifter....but she's still 5'2.

I was informed that I needed to STFU.
View Quote
Are you and @Miami_JBT on speaking terms yet?

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor 5’2”

4’11” that’s a dwarf isn’t it

The woman below is 4’11”

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/33/1600x1918/gallery-1439577709-veronica-2.jpg?resize=768:*
I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
Not nearly annoying enough to be Tasslehoff's sister.  Maybe if Raistlin had an apprentice...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holy crap! Was that a Dragonlance reference? I haven't read those books since high school
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor 5’2”

4’11” that’s a dwarf isn’t it

The woman below is 4’11”

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/33/1600x1918/gallery-1439577709-veronica-2.jpg?resize=768:*
I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
Holy crap! Was that a Dragonlance reference? I haven't read those books since high school
Tasslehoff can be her new nickname.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My 6' 2" Irish NYPD cop father would be laughing his ass off about this.
View Quote
I remember those big Irish Cops while riding the Subway in NYC  as a kid.

At the time there was a 5'-10" height requirement.

It was later  changed because  it was " Discriminatory ".  
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The solution is obvious. Just breed smaller criminals.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A 4' 11" woman has no business being a cop.
View Quote
Sure they do. Just ask any liberal. Gurls can do anything men can do, but better!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Absolutely not
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I brought this up at my own agency recently. We have an officer that's barely over 5 feet tall, and another that's a solid 5'2 powerlifter....but she's still 5'2.

I was informed that I needed to STFU.

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Eh, one of our retiring officers this year is a 4 11 female. She had more heart for her job than many male officers I've known.
View Quote
Who cares how much heart she had?

Could she pull her weight?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When I was training in Kempo, there was a woman in the dojo that was probably around that size. She had two settings, not in the dojo, and kill.

I hated sparring her, because she was fast and angry.

Still beat her regularly, but if you didn’t realize what she was capable of, she could hurt you.
View Quote
LOL!

No.

No woman that size is gonna hurt a capable man.

I boxed my whole life, did Ju-jitsu, and all kinds of sports.

Not gonna happen.

I saw very skilled girls in ju-jitsu that were slightly over 5'0" and 5'10 or bigger men with two classes under their belt  that could fend them off enough to keep put of danger. This was also without striking.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When I was training in Kempo, there was a woman in the dojo that was probably around that size. She had two settings, not in the dojo, and kill.
I hated sparring her, because she was fast and angry.
Still beat her regularly, but if you didn’t realize what she was capable of, she could hurt you.
View Quote
And yet, I'm still sure that some ex-con in a project hallway could beat her to death before she even knew that she was in a fight.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I remember those big Irish Cops while riding the Subway in NYC  as a kid.

At the time there was a 5'-10" height requirement.

It was later  changed because  it was " Discriminatory ".  
View Quote
Lol.

Any job that has a requirement is discriminating against people that don't have those requirements.

Discrimination isn't inherently bad.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking around it seems one is the "soft" half of a lesbian couple and the other maybe a dancer?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#15]
any pictures of these officers for research purposes
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damn a lot of the departments with a 6’0” height weight standard are odd to me. Someone like Audie Murphy wouldn’t have been able to be a cop at 5’5” and 112LBs and he was dropping Nazis.
View Quote
Well, to be fair, Audie's job was to kill them, not arrest them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I feel safe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#18]
We have a 5 foot officer who weighs maybe 100-110 pounds.  She’s from the south side of our city and went to the worst high school here.  I have seen her fight and let me tell you, do not underestimate someone like that.  She will fight dirty and if you value your nuts, eyes, nostrils and ears you will comply. I’ve seen her use an asp baton and it was like watching Yoda battling Count Dooku. Never piss off a Latina woman who was the only daughter raised by a macho dad.  
I’ve seen her take lead and jump in where bigger male officers fear to go. I am totally serious. Old saying. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. She also can shoot a Glock 19 better than a good majority of officers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
someone might pick her up and  steal her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
someone might pick her up and  steal her.
Lulz...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Size and strength matters if you are a street cop.
(Not so much for office types and the FBI)
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Who cares how much heart she had?

Could she pull her weight?
View Quote
She was very good at what she did.
The physical side of the job is usually a very small part of police work.
I care more about the people with heart for doing the job than the ROD six foot man who gets in his car and drives around trying to do as little as possible. And yes, those types exist
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We have a 5 foot officer who weighs maybe 100-110 pounds.  She’s from the south side of our city and went to the worst high school here.  I have seen her fight and let me tell you, do not underestimate someone like that.  She will fight dirty and if you value your nuts, eyes, nostrils and ears you will comply. I’ve seen her use an asp baton and it was like watching Yoda battling Count Dooku. Never piss off a Latina woman who was the only daughter raised by a macho dad.  
I’ve seen her take lead and jump in where bigger male officers fear to go. I am totally serious. Old saying. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. She also can shoot a Glock 19 better than a good majority of officers.
View Quote
I get that it can often be about the size of the fight in the dog, but what happens when she encounters a larger dog with the same amount of fight?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#23]
No business being a cop, but in their defense 6' 250lbs of what looks like muscle would be hard to stop by a guy as well.

Seriously that guy from the pics I saw could probably take most male cops if they were alone and would be a struggle for two.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Remember Officer Hooks from Police Academy? At least she could bark really loud.

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There should be height or lean body mass  requirements.
View Quote
Lol then there wouldn't be cops.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Go say hi to MiamiJBT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else really want to see a 4’11 male cop as much as I do?
Go say hi to MiamiJBT.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I get that it can often be about the size of the fight in the dog, but what happens when she encounters a larger dog with the same amount of fight?
View Quote
The same could be asked of male officers
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use to assist training some local PD on locking and pinning technique.
Most of the women officers had problems due to their stature ( small ) in applying various locks and pinning.

I am 6'2" / 250lbs and none of the women could apply a restraining hold that worked , on mats , without any resistance or resisting.
It was no fault of their own and tried but size does make a BIG difference.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lol then there wouldn't be cops.
View Quote
Ohio Highway Patrol has physical requirement and annual qualification.
Good luck finding a fat state trooper.

(Running for time / distance sucks when you are + 230 lbs)
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dude had Gabapentin stuffed in his socks.. didn’t know it was a party drug.
View Quote
No shit. It just helps me sleep with nerve pain. No high at all. People are friggin weird.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not a dwarf.

I'm a kender.
View Quote
But being a dog whisperer, I'd be afraid you'd release the hounds with your secret tarzan yell.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
About gabapentin.  The DEA changed the script regs earlier this year.  I believe it now only allows one renewal.  Somehow in the last year or two, the junkies figured out how to get high from it.  Damned if I know how.
View Quote
Sonofabitch... I"m getting TIRED of the dumbass junkies and the dumbass DEA fucking everything up all to hell, making everything a giant pain in the ass. Bunch of worthless assholes all of them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I do not understand how a 4’11” woman can become a cop.
View Quote
Her mouth is closer to the chiefs junk.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wow. Lucky to be alive. Why be a cop when your that small? No one thought bad idea?
View Quote
Tired of getting picked on, so you get a badge and a gun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
That comment gets repeated a lot here, but I don't know a single officer it would actually apply to
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
She would get her ass beat by a guy who had any fight in him (who's got nothing to lose), who's a foot taller, and who weighs twice as much as her. It's physics and it's street rules.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep

Anyway, the whole argument of "but but what if a NFL Linebacker gets in a fight with a male officer" is HONK HONK level. On average the 5' nothing female is going to be at a major disadvantage 100% of the time unless fighting with a kid in 3rd grade. A 5-10"-6' male at 175-190lbs is not going to be "smaller" as often as Officer Umpa Lumpa will be every single time.

Same derp is seen all the time in the fire service. The midget females in LE/Fire is a joke despite what the SJWs try to cook up to cover for them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn a lot of the departments with a 6’0” height weight standard are odd to me. Someone like Audie Murphy wouldn’t have been able to be a cop at 5’5” and 112LBs and he was dropping Nazis.
Yep

Stupid comparison.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Three pages and nothing from Arfcom sleuths...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm not a dwarf.

I'm a kender.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm not a dwarf.

I'm a kender.
So you know about Kender heirlooms?   Anything they've had for over a week?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Benisimani Pouha? Wtf kind of name is that?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. Lucky to be alive. Why be a cop when your that small? No one thought bad idea?
More like a good paying job with good benefits, where the rules don't apply to you, you don't have to do anything, you don't have to do anything right,
unless you commit a felony you'll never be fired, and eventually you'll have some cush slot where they'll forget about you until the end of your career.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Go say hi to MiamiJBT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else really want to see a 4’11 male cop as much as I do?
Go say hi to MiamiJBT.
Ha, lol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good point.  The average size Male in the US is 5’9” and weight is 200.   Average size female in the US is 5’7” and 174 lbs.  I have known police officers over 6’ that could not fight worth a shit.  I have also known officers around 5’6”-7” that would fuck you up in zero seconds flat.  It’s hard to gauge the amount of fight in a person based on size alone.  That said, it is hard to project command presence with a 5’ tall petite frame.

Most current size standards for police are around 5’6” and 5’7”.  Having a 6’ standard would give you a very small hiring pool and eliminate a lot of candidates who have other skills than being tall.  While I agree that 4’11” and 5’2” are too short, I have known many officers of smaller stature that can handle themselves just fine.  One in particular was a female officer who was 5’6” and lean because she was in excellent physical condition.  She also practiced BJJ.  I had personally seen her destroy men who outweighed her and were much taller.  She was an exception, not the norm.

Anyway, GD’s ideal cop (6’5”, 250 lbs, expert in martial arts, bench press 400, IQ of 180, and demeanor of Andy Griffith) really doesn’t exist.  Fortunately, diminutive officers are not the norm, and are actually few and far between.  They do make great news stories though.

ETA - while physical prowess is important, other skills like common sense, street smarts, and good tactics will do far more for an officer than size alone. There are plenty of cops under 6’ I would rather have as back up because they know how to handle a situation.  There are others over 6’ I have known that are complete fuck ups and a liability when things go south.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Benisimani Pouha? Wtf kind of name is that?
View Quote
Polynesian.  According to some news stories he changed it from Penisimani.  

Utah has lots of Samoans and Tongans.  What's funny is that they don't particularly like each other.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure they exist, but are the exception not the rule.
Even this badass chick is a badass up until she gets picked up and choke slammed on the concrete.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Could you not just take your Paramedic at a community college and register NREMT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around here they just fast-track them into the paramedic program so they can sit on an ambulance all day.

Really great for morale when some chick with 2 years on the job gets picked for the med program you've been trying to get in for 10 years.
Could you not just take your Paramedic at a community college and register NREMT?
@EnduroBro

Not for this particular department.  I think you can get the pay increase for being Paramedic going that route but to actually get a seat on the box(and a shot at that Paramedic Lt. promotion) you have to go through their selection process and training program.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top