Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They should have used a Little Tiffany target.  8 year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, this time of night, with Quantum Physics books?  She's about to start some shit.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

VILLA RICA, Ga. — A shooting target used at a firearms safety class has landed a Georgia police department in hot water.

Now, the mayor is calling for an investigation.

Villa Rica Mayor Gil McDougal on Wednesday, June 21, addressed backlash to photos showing residents using a Black man’s photo for target practice during a citizens’ handgun class, which was hosted by the city’s police department.

“I am personally embarrassed by it, and as soon as it was brought to my attention last night I and other city staff began to address this situation,” McDougal said.

“This incident does not reflect the values of this community.”

He ordered the images to be taken down — but not before residents took screenshots and voiced their outrage online.

One woman said the police department’s post made her feel “100% less safe.”

“I already fear for my Black husband, children, friends, and family on a daily basis,” she wrote in a Facebook post alongside photos from the firearms class. “But to see the ignorance on display from our local police department makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.”

Another resident commented: “If you cringe, even a little, at the thought of shooting at a target of a dog or a child and find absolutely nothing wrong with shooting at an image of a Black man, it’s an indication of how little respect and regard you have for our life.”

https://www.police1.com/investigations/articles/ga-police-department-apologizes-after-target-practice-photos-cause-uproar-qcK8WiDivbb39Ox8/
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, white man targets would be okay?
View Quote

In their sick world, it would represent white supremacy, white privilege, a white person that capitalized off slavery 160 years ago, it would be all ok.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]

OUTRAGE!!!  They shooting Black People!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Pop quiz, hotshot.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats as retarded as people that complain about the targets that have prego women and kids on them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a can’t win situation. If you use black models for live action targets, it’s racist. But if you don’t include black models, it’s racist. The dip shits at the police department bring this on themselves though. The idea that they would apologize profusely and talk about values when the answer should have been these are commercially available targets using random models and nothing more, is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thats as retarded as people that complain about the targets that have prego women and kids on them.
View Quote

Statistically, you’re comparing apples and watermelons
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw targets for police use years ago online that were supposed to prepare cops for many different people they might encounter.

One was a white woman in a bikini top with a gun.
Another was a pudgy, white I.T.-looking guy with a laminated badge around his neck, with a gun.

I copied some and printed out small versions.
Shooting at the woman in the bikini top felt a little weird.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Waitaminute... That place is near Atlanta, right?  So somewhat near that police training facility people were protesting, likely the same people protesting shitty cops?

Look you want better cops, do the training better.
View Quote

About 40 miles west of Atlanta and further than that from the training facility. It has become a very diverse community of late though. Stupid thing to be outraged about though, they wouldn't have said a word if there were only white perps on the targets. I'm ashamed for the PD for caving.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess it sucks to be a black target model who’s now out of a job.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#15]
As a 31 year cop and 20 yr firearms instructor, I guess you can only shoot at white people. When does my white privilege kick in?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Guess someone knows why that box of targets was way in the back of the closet and dusty.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm sure Immigration runs into plenty of people who look like this

https://i.imgur.com/tVYfqqWl.jpg
View Quote

Wearing sweatpants?

Summary execution.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is there anything these people won't be offended by?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Just another example of the stupidification of the human race.  I seriously doubt these people complaining would have said anything if the target had a white person on it because that's ok somehow in the pudding bowls they call heads.  This PD should be dragged out into the public eye and aggressively disparaged for capitulating to this kind of ridiculous BS.  Every time the innocent back down to the woke mob, the woke mob gets stronger.  Every time the woke mob gets stronger, truth and freedom dies.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Those outraged people wouldn’t give a single fuck if it was a white dude. Oh no, some generic targets that have been around for years!
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#24]

They can't be saved.  Best you can do is give them a more merciful death.  Shoot blue shirt in the forehead and the bullet will also get green shirt center mass.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Statistical probability
View Quote

Quoted:
What's wrong with targets that match crime statistics?
View Quote

Truth hurts?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems like “equality” actually means put on a pedestal and treated better than everyone else. Though only being 13-14% of the U.S. population Blacks commit the majority of the violent and other major crime in this country by a wide margin. That cannot be disputed

Police and anyone else should be able to use targets that most resemble the threats they’ll be facing. White thug targets aren’t a problem I guess
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How many times has this made the news? But police keep using black targets and then issuing insincere apologies to get the commies off their backs. Talk about slow learners

This is a good one. Some Boy Scouts given a tour turned on the cops little shits by taking photos of the black targets and then tattling

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4axdp9/detroit-police-black-men-shooting-range-targets
View Quote

Detroit?

Last time I was there I appeared to me that their police department was a majority black cops. The population is definitely a large majority black.

Seems like a realistic target.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I taught at a Michigan police academy for 16 years, we shot at the same white guy target for the entire time.

MICHIGAN HATES WHITE PEOPLE.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Isn’t there case law which requires police training to be realistic?

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#31]
My local range wouldn't allow anyone to use, shoot at human silloutte targets of any kind until 2 months ago. Too many pearl clutching showflakes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#32]
D,E, and I approved.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My local range wouldn't allow anyone to use, shoot at human silloutte targets of any kind until 2 months ago. Too many pearl clutching showflakes.
View Quote

And mine has stacks of all the silhouette targets for sale that you can buy. They even have some that are similar to the ones posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#34]
They just mad the guy did not have a glock with an extendo and a switch in his hand.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What kind of sicko shoots legal immigrants?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they should have used the image of an alien on the target.

Mods: NOT and "illegal alien"!
What kind of sicko shoots legal immigrants?

Cops?
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#36]
I remember when the right lost it over a series of targets of old white people, white kids, and a pregnant white chick.

Snowflakes on both sides.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Were there no white "bad guy" targets in the stack?   I've never seen bad guy targets that didn't have all different races, genders, and ages represented.
View Quote

I recall one where a woman is pointing a gun with an angry face.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So, white man targets would be okay?
View Quote

Of course, racism at it's finest.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#39]
But it's ok if it was white dude. Wtf is wrong with this world?
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I recall one where a woman is pointing a gun with an angry face.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

These?
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Were there no white "bad guy" targets in the stack?   I've never seen bad guy targets that didn't have all different races, genders, and ages represented.
View Quote
It says that they started with white targets but they ran out of those.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Years ago I knew someone who printed Hillary Klinton targets. If that were to happen today I am sure the Secret Service would be dropping by to shoot someone's dogs.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#43]
This department used mugshots as targets for its snipers:  https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/family-outraged-after-finding-police-using-mug-shots-target-practice-msna506881

Even more startling for Deant, one of the images was her brother. It was Woody Deant’s mug shot that taken 15 years ago, after he was arrested in connection to a drag race in 2000 that left two people dead. His mug shot was among the pictures of five minorities used as targets by North Miami Beach police, all of them riddled by bullets.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#44]
90% of inter-racial violent crime is black on white.
60% of all violent crimes is committed by blacks.

Therefore a violent rection to target practice is just normal reaction.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So, it would be bad to use a white person too, right?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is there anything these people won't be offended by?  
View Quote

A white man as every target.

Seriously.

You think someone would have said anything? Of course not,
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Wonder if these are racist now?

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I saw targets for police use years ago online that were supposed to prepare cops for many different people they might encounter.

One was a white woman in a bikini top with a gun.
Another was a pudgy, white I.T.-looking guy with a laminated badge around his neck, with a gun.

I copied some and printed out small versions.
Shooting at the woman in the bikini top felt a little weird.
View Quote

It feels weird until Methany pops out of the trailer with a gun in her hand during a domestic because she doesn't want Jethro to go to jail again and the free clinic didn't have her meds last week.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Those only make up 90% of the targets, not the entire box.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top