Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2011 4:36:11 PM EDT
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-wildlife-officers-shoot-kill-nine-deer-on-randolph-co-farm-20110920,0,2949706.story
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My grandmother in law had a 14 pt. buck as a pet.
The game wardens came to take it away and used tranq. darts.
They used to much and killed it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
We're from the government.  We're here to help.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
He needed an m1 carbine
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn poachers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I really fear for the day when the people decide they won't put up with this sort of thing anymore.  

This man should have been given a chance to plead his case before the animals were put down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a farm around here and thier horse pasture borders a road, it has a HUGE sign: "DO NOT KILL THE BUCK, HE"S A PET" It just grazes with the horses and sleeps in the barn, some day I know a redneck hunter is gonna pop him.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I really fear for the day when the people decide they won't put up with this sort of thing anymore.  

This man should have been given a chance to plead his case before the animals were put down.

Yes, he should have been able to go to court.

Sometimes people don't put up with this stuff.   The saying 'Revenge is best served cold' comes to mind.

Think Granby, Colorado

ETA: I am NOT advocating ANY type of violence here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm actually surprised more of the government people that go out to farms and rural areas to impose their will on farmers haven't "disappeared".
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes people don't put up with this stuff.   The saying 'Revenge is best served cold' comes to mind.

Think Granby, Colorado

I'm not, either, but no fucks will be given once it happens...and it is going to happen.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm actually surprised more of the government people that go out to farms and rural areas to impose their will on farmers haven't "disappeared".

I'm also surprised Amos Moses hasn't popped up a little more often.  Of course, if something did happen, they'd know exactly where the officer was and whose land he was on.  Wouldn't have to look far for suspects.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Whoever ratted him out should be tested for chronic wasting disease as well...
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]
that sure makes me feel very safe.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#15]
That's kinda fucked up.. There are right and wrong ways to do shit.. Both side in this story did it the wrong way.. My guess is the Mr.Kinley is a shitty neighbor too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Game wardens should have googled.

Research Project:

Transmission, Differentiation, and Pathobiology of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies

Title: Experimental chronic wasting disease (CWD) in fallow deer

Authors  

Hamir, Amirali

Kunkle, Robert

NICHOLSON, ERIC
 Miller, Janice  - ARS RETIRED
 Hall, S  - USDA-APHIS-NVSL, AMES, IA
 Schonenbrucher, Holger
 Richt, Juergen

Submitted to: Meeting Abstract

Publication Type:
Abstract

Publication Acceptance Date: June 21, 2007

Publication  Date: September 26, 2007

Citation: Hamir, A.N., Kunkle, R.A., Nicholson, E.M., Miller,
J.M., Hall, S.M., Schonenbrucher, H.H., Richt, J.A. 2007. Preliminary
observations on the experimental transmission of chronic wasting disease
(CWD) from elk and white-tailed deet to fallow deer [abstract]. Prion
2007. Paper No. PO2.43.

Technical Abstract:

To determine the transmissibility of chronic wasting disease (CWD) to
fallow deer (Cervus dama) and to provide information about clinical
course, lesions and suitability of currently used diagnostic procedures
for detection of CWD in this species, 13 fawns were inoculated
intracerebrally with CWD brain suspension from elk (n = 6) or
white-tailed deer (n = 7). Three other fawns were kept as uninfected
controls. This communication documents preliminary observations from a
currently in-progress experiment. Three CWD-inoculated deer were
euthanized at 7.6 months post inoculation (MPI). None revealed presence
of abnormal prion protein (PrP**d) in their tissues. At 24 and 26 MPI
one sick deer died and one non-clinical deer was euthanized,
respectively. Both animals had a small focal accumulation of PrP**d in
their midbrains. Between 29 and 37 MPI, three other deer became sick and
were euthanized. All had shown gradual decrease in appetite and some
loss of body weight. Microscopic lesions of spongiform encephalopathy
were not observed but PrP**d was detected in tissues of the central
nervous system by immunohistochemistry, the OIE recommended enrichment
Western blot and by two commercial rapid tests. This study demonstrates
that intracerebrally inoculated fallow deer amplified CWD PrP**d from
white tailed-deer and elk in absence of SE lesions. Similar observations
have also been shown to occur in cattle inoculated with the scrapie and
CWD agents; however, PrP**d amplification in fallow deer was minimal in
comparison to scrapie- and CWD-affected cattle. Four years after the
CWD inoculation, the remaining five inoculated and two control deer are
alive and apparently healthy. Although these preliminary findings
demonstrate that it is possible to transmit CWD to fallow deer by
intracerebral inoculation, past experience with TSE cross-species
transmission studies indicate a low probability for oral transmission of
CWD to fallow deer in the species' normal life span.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?seq_no_115=209032

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

Then stop talking shit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

Then stop talking shit.

Nice sig line dumbass.

Pot Kettle much?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#19]
What the fuck, why can't people have a Deer for a pet? They aren't "endangered".
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#20]
"They were judge and jury and convicted my deer today within a matter of 30-45 minutes," Kinley said.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There's a farm around here and thier horse pasture borders a road, it has a HUGE sign: "DO NOT KILL THE BUCK, HE"S A PET" It just grazes with the horses and sleeps in the barn, some day I know a redneck hunter is gonna pop him.

Why? It's not a cow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What the fuck, why can't people have a Deer for a pet? They aren't "endangered".

Thou shalt not domesticate the King's critters, peasant!!

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm also surprised Amos Moses hasn't popped up a little more often.  Of course, if something did happen, they'd know exactly where the officer was and whose land he was on.  Wouldn't have to look far for suspects.

Yeah, but in some farming communities even if the police had enough evidence to arrest after the disappearance of someone form the USDA or some other alphabet agency, it would still be hard to get a conviction.  The more The Man pushes, the more likely it is that people start pushing back and juries start nullifying.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Advocating gun violence and name calling.

Classy!!!!

ETA- Which sig line might you be speaking of?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

Then stop talking shit.

Nice sig line dumbass.

Pot Kettle much?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Classy!!!!
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

Then stop talking shit.

Nice sig line dumbass.
Pot Kettle much?

you can't say it doesn't happen

this started over tarpaper, wetlands management and tax assessment

wiki glosses over it but he tried and tried for years to fight in court and in public opinion but they fucked with him constantly

interesting book alot of asshattery on both sides
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Drega

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

I'm not, either, but no fucks will be given once it happens...and it is going to happen.

I can assure that many fucks will be given
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Classy!!!!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

Then stop talking shit.

Nice sig line dumbass.

Pot Kettle much?

You know.  Everybody has a breaking point.  And that is what he was illustrating.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Those DNR wardens should be honored by their community for the excellence in the area of public relations.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#29]

I had a run-in with a game warden in the late 80's..

I was then, and still now, unimpressed.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember 10 or 15 years ago when the gamewardens killed a farmers ELK in watauga county  NC because he woud not build a 3 sided barn with a roof for the animals.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I remember 10 or 15 years ago when the gamewardens killed a farmers ELK in watauga county  NC because he woud not build a 3 sided barn with a roof for the animals.

Wait...what?

Ahhh, government efficiency.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There's a farm around here and thier horse pasture borders a road, it has a HUGE sign: "DO NOT KILL THE BUCK, HE"S A PET" It just grazes with the horses and sleeps in the barn, some day I know a redneck hunter government official is gonna pop him.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The obvious answer to this problem would have been to go to him, explain he needed a license, and offer to help him get the proper paperwork, not just kill all the deer.
They should have also read up that CWD does not transmit to Fallow Deer.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The obvious answer to this problem would have been to go to him, explain he needed a license, and offer to help him get the proper paperwork, not just kill all the deer.

That would be even more work than confirming the address for a no-knock warrant.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interdasting I did not know that

http://www.aazv.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=78

Resistance of Fallow  Deer (Dama dama) to Chronic Wasting Disease Under National Exposure  in a Heavily Contaminated Environment
was presented by Dr. Jack Rhyan, USDA, APHIS.  Between 2000 and  2007,
25 fallow deer were placed in a CWD contaminated pasture and exposed  to
CWD infected mule deer.   Eighteen fawns were born in 2002.   Of the 41
mule deer that rotated with the herd during this time, 35  were
diagnosed with CWD.  None of the 43 fallow deer were found  to have
CWD.  This study suggests that fallow deer appear to have  resistance to
CWD infection under natural exposure in a heavily contaminated  
environment  

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interdasting I did not know that
http://www.aazv.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=78

Resistance of Fallow  Deer (Dama dama) to Chronic Wasting Disease Under National Exposure  in a Heavily Contaminated Environment was presented by Dr. Jack Rhyan, USDA, APHIS.  Between 2000 and  2007, 25 fallow deer were placed in a CWD contaminated pasture and exposed  to CWD infected mule deer.   Eighteen fawns were born in 2002.   Of the 41 mule deer that rotated with the herd during this time, 35  were diagnosed with CWD.  None of the 43 fallow deer were found  to have CWD.  This study suggests that fallow deer appear to have  resistance to CWD infection under natural exposure in a heavily contaminated  environment  

IIRC, CWD primarily affects Whitetail Deer...with cases in Mule Deer (they can crossbreed, and do...).

I'd really like to know if they are looking to find the cause, moreso then the 'spread'.  For now.

What is causing it?  Why has it hit now, in the last 5-10 years?  I've eaten whitetale and mulies both, for most of my life...  Why now?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado
Well then allow me to suggest that he does SOMETHING....at a much later date, of course.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Cool.

Shame about the story in the OP's link.  Doesn't seem necessary.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:40:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

Then stop talking shit.

Nice sig line dumbass.

Pot Kettle much?

Gotcha.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Sounds reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you have ever seen what a supposedly "tame" deer will do to a person during the rut, it will change your mind on keeping them for a pet.

Deer can be extremely dangerous and will mess you up.

ETA: What the officers did was way over the top.  I'd like to see charges brought up on them.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I guess they forgot about the fact that those in the wild don't have the same type of shelter.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have ever seen what a supposedly "tame" deer will do to a person during the rut, it will change your mind on keeping them for a pet.

ETA: What the officers did was way over the top.  I'd like to see charges brought up on them.

A few weeks ago I spent the weekend at my wife's step-grandmother's place.  She has a pet whitetail deer (unpenned, just hangs out) that she bottle fed and had neutered about two years ago.  The deer plays with the dogs, comes when called by name, and is generally a shocking creature to behold.  Ever have  a deer lick your hand, or seen one lick a  dog and let the dog lick him back?  It was a trip.  I thought it was just a yard fed deer until she called it by name and it ran up.

The keeper is under no illusions that he's not an animal to be careful with, but he's tamer and less dangerous than lots of dogs I've known.  Having said that, I've had experience with and heard stories of intact "tame" bucks becoming very aggressive.  She had the deer neutered because  she'd heard to many stories of people having to shoot the deer they had bottle fed.  Her's has stayed relatively small and just has slight bumps under the fur where his antlers would be.

Sorry, just realized I'd posted in a dead thread.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A few weeks ago I spent the weekend at my wife's step-grandmother's place.  She has a pet whitetail deer (unpenned, just hangs out) that she bottle fed and had neutered about two years ago.  The deer plays with the dogs, comes when called by name, and is generally a shocking creature to behold.  Ever have  a deer lick your hand, or seen one lick a  dog and let the dog lick him back?  It was a trip.  I thought it was just a yard fed deer until she called it by name and it ran up.

The keeper is under no illusions that he's not an animal to be careful with, but he's tamer and less dangerous than lots of dogs I've known.  Having said that, I've had experience with and heard stories of intact "tame" bucks becoming very aggressive.  She had the deer neutered because  she'd heard to many stories of people having to shoot the deer they had bottle fed.  Her's has stayed relatively small and just has slight bumps under the fur where his antlers would be.

Sorry, just realized I'd posted in a dead thread.
Neutering will keep testosterone levels down, therefore less aggressive.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We're from the government.  We're here to help.

007......license to kill.  .gov has it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I hope that when that happens, the owners ice the dipshit who does it.

Come onto my property, armed and firing, and start destroying and stealing my stuff? You're about to have a bad day, Jack.

ETA: Now that I've read the whole thread, especially the linked articles that suggest that FALLOW DEER CAN'T GET FUCKING CWD, I think all of the game wardens involved should be compelled to pay restitution to the property owner and jailed. Fucking halfwit jackasses.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#48]
The killing of the 7 Fallow deer seems to be out of line.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think Granby, Colorado

Then stop talking shit.

you'd have to tell your entire retarded state to shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geld it and it isn't a problem.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top