Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tyrion would see Westeros burn if he could be king of the ashes?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tyrion ends up sitting on the iron throne.

everyone else is dead.
Tyrion would see Westeros burn if he could be king of the ashes?
what i basically meant is that the good guys win (walkers defeated and cersei defeated) and all (or most of the good guys are dead). a bitter sweet ending.

it is after all 'a game of thrones'. and by that, at least in the hbo series, there ends up a throne and a winner of the throne. tyrion is center around which the entire series revolves (most of the time). and who would make a better or more intelligent ruler?

nevertheless. just about everyone dies before its over. and who better to sit on the iron throne at the end?

tyrion destined to wear the crown of westeros upon a troubled brow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

what i basically meant is that the good guys win (walkers defeated and cersei defeated) and all (or most of the good guys are dead). a bitter sweet ending.

it is after all 'a game of thrones'. and by that, at least in the hbo series, there ends up a throne and a winner of the throne. tyrion is center around which the entire series revolves (most of the time). and who would make a better or more intelligent ruler?

nevertheless. just about everyone dies before its over. and who better to sit on the iron throne at the end?

View Quote
I don't think it's going to be any of the major characters... Jon Snow, Danny, Tyrion, Cersi, Sansa, Arya.

It'll be someone unexpected; claim or no claim to the throne.

My prediction...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think it's going to be any of the major characters... Jon Snow, Danny, Tyrion, Cersi, Sansa, Arya.

My prediction...

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My prediction...

Click To View Spoiler
hmmm…I could see that
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My prediction...

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My prediction...

Click To View Spoiler
Davos
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

you're confusing Mance with Craster
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I could be wrong, but I don't think Mance was the wildling that was fucking his own daughters and giving the sons to the Walkers.
Quoted:

Except that the baby was Crasters son (Gilly's father), not Mances.
Quoted:

Details, details!  

D'oh.

Clearly need to go back and rewatch all previous seasons before the next one starts.  Think there is time if I skip personal hygiene?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, not that low. But I sure as heck remember season 7.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what you're doing is setting the bar so low you can't help but to be pleasantly surprised and not disappointed.
Season 7 was awesome.  Are you talking about season 6 where the only good episode was Hardhome?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Season 7 was awesome.  Are you talking about season 6 where the only good episode was Hardhome?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what you're doing is setting the bar so low you can't help but to be pleasantly surprised and not disappointed.
Hardhome was season 5. Did ANYTHING happen in 6 ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hardhome was season 5. Did ANYTHING happen in 6 ?
View Quote

Battle of the Bastards
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, well, that's just like, you're opinion, man.

Personally I don't think GoT has had an "awesome season" since S4.  Which comes as no surprise was the last season Dumb and Dumber could basically just copy and paste from the books.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Details, details!  

D'oh.

Clearly need to go back and rewatch all previous seasons before the next one starts.  Think there is time if I skip personal hygiene?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I could be wrong, but I don't think Mance was the wildling that was fucking his own daughters and giving the sons to the Walkers.
Quoted:

Quoted:

Details, details!  

D'oh.

I think a few days ago was the date you could start and watch 2 episodes a day and be able to watch all 7 seasons before season 8 started. I'm sure you could do 2 episodes a day and 3-4 oer day on weekends and catch up before the season starts.

I've been watching 2-5 episodes a day to get caught up on everything, and learning how much I missed and how much foreshadowing I didn't notice. I am in an odd circumstance though because I'm out of work healing after shoulder surgery.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Details, details!  

D'oh.

View Quote
This is an excellent example of where the show separates from the books.

In the books, Gilly sacrifices her own son (Craster's) to save Mance's.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details, details!  

D'oh.

I don't think that was really her call though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think a few days ago was the date you could start and watch 2 episodes a day and be able to watch all 7 seasons before season 8 started. I'm sure you could do 2 episodes a day and 3-4 oer day on weekends and catch up before the season starts.

I've been watching 2-5 episodes a day to get caught up on everything, and learning how much I missed and how much foreshadowing I didn't notice. I am in an odd circumstance though because I'm out of work healing after shoulder surgery.
View Quote
If you have HBO GO you can watch all seasons, all episodes at your leisure.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Petyr Baelish is easily one of the cleverest, most devious, conniving, and manipulative character in the series. The TV show turned him into a cardboard cutout with relatively zero action and unceremoniously cut his throat. Nobody knows what will happen to him in the books, but what happened on the show was a travesty of a mockery of a farce. And the entire Wight hunt story, its ending battle and literally impossible resolution was the same.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:37:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Petyr Baelish is easily one of the cleverest, most devious, conniving, and manipulative character in the series. The TV show turned him into a cardboard cutout with relatively zero action and unceremoniously cut his throat. Nobody knows what will happen to him in the books, but what happened on the show was a travesty of a mockery of a farce. And the entire Wight hunt story, its ending battle and literally impossible resolution was the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be worse.  I mean just look what Dumb and Dumber did to Stannis.

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In on one.

TEAM NIGHT KING!
View Quote
THIS!

Either that or Samwell Tarley ends up sitting on the Iron Throne!  
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:57:56 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://external-preview.redd.it/wnIHT7GJYa_2H-smIj8lf3QygY8ib7E-oXZ3es-3gf8.jpg?width=666&auto=webp&s=f7e0052e1a8896bea27906392370224850aa5e8e

https://i.imgur.com/y1iYu9E.jpg
Stannis the Mannis! One of my favorite characters on the show. Would've been cool to see him and the Roose is Loose Bolton fight each other
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Stannis the Mannis! One of my favorite characters on the show. Would've been cool to see him and the Roose is Loose Bolton fight each other
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://external-preview.redd.it/wnIHT7GJYa_2H-smIj8lf3QygY8ib7E-oXZ3es-3gf8.jpg?width=666&auto=webp&s=f7e0052e1a8896bea27906392370224850aa5e8e

https://i.imgur.com/y1iYu9E.jpg
And then of course there is the Dorne storyline.

The bastard mistress of the ruler’s dead brother murders the ruler and his son and somehow that makes the bastard mistress of the dead brother ruler of the entire kingdom.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:35:20 AM EDT
[#21]
And then Dumb and Dumber butchered Prince Doran’s badass scene and gave it to the bastard mistress.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Rewatching random episodes it is kinda annoying how Daenerys goes from having little to no control over her dragons to, without any explanation whatsoever, not only having total control over them but they seem to be telepathically linked to the point she doesn't even have to say anything or seemingly do anything to get the dragons to do exactly what she wants.

In the S5 finale Drogon is completely ignoring Daenerys when she last sees him.  He couldn't give a fuck.

Then THE VERY NEXT TIME she sees Drogon she's riding him and getting him to go exactly where she wants.
View Quote
The showstory spans years, even decades.  A lot happens off screen and between seasons/episodes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
tyrion ends up sitting on the iron throne.

everyone else is dead.
View Quote
Unless it was a faux spoiler to throw people off.  It's already known that Tyrion Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#25]
LMAO, that's epic and probably true!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The showstory spans years, even decades.  A lot happens off screen and between seasons/episodes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rewatching random episodes it is kinda annoying how Daenerys goes from having little to no control over her dragons to, without any explanation whatsoever, not only having total control over them but they seem to be telepathically linked to the point she doesn't even have to say anything or seemingly do anything to get the dragons to do exactly what she wants.

In the S5 finale Drogon is completely ignoring Daenerys when she last sees him.  He couldn't give a fuck.

Then THE VERY NEXT TIME she sees Drogon she's riding him and getting him to go exactly where she wants.
So what exactly are you suggesting?  That while Daenerys was held captive by the Dothraki she was sneaking off to have secret training sessions with Drogon off screen like she was Hiccup in How To Train Your Dragon training Toothless?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Any dude that big is probably all roided out.  It's probably not the issue your JPG makes is out to be...
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So what exactly are you suggesting?  That while Daenerys was held captive by the Dothraki she was sneaking off to have secret training sessions with Drogon off screen like she was Hiccup in How To Train Your Dragon training Toothless?
View Quote
Her dragons were still quite small when she was crossing the ocean.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you say so...

Also at no point during this did Daenerys cross an ocean.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any dude that big is probably all roided out.  It's probably not the issue your JPG makes is out to be...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“The guy with a better body than me uses steroids.”

“The guy with a smoking hot woman only has her because he has money and she’s a gold digger.”

“The guy driving a supercar has a needle dick.”
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Another thing D&D keep screwing up is medieval inheritance.  Without Shireen there is no one to take over House Baratheon.  Gendry can't inherit, unless he marries Shireen like the original Baratheon.  The nobles were all fucking peasants back then.  But no way did a peasant get to inherit.  You had to have a papal dispensation basically (but children of noble affairs were looked upon a bit more favorably).  We also have no heirs for the Tyrells, Martels, and Tullys, though I guess Arya or Sansa could inherit Riverrun.  I'd say Robin as well, but Westeros doesn't seem to allow joining titles.  I'm guessing that D&D will likely leave all that unexplained.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Another thing D&D keep screwing up is medieval inheritance.  Without Shireen there is no one to take over House Baratheon.  Gendry can't inherit, unless he marries Shireen like the original Baratheon.  The nobles were all fucking peasants back then.  But no way did a peasant get to inherit.  You had to have a papal dispensation basically (but children of noble affairs were looked upon a bit more favorably).  We also have no heirs for the Tyrells, Martels, and Tullys, though I guess Arya or Sansa could inherit Riverrun.  I'd say Robin as well, but Westeros doesn't seem to allow joining titles.  I'm guessing that D&D will likely leave all that unexplained.
View Quote
Bastards can inherit. Ramsey inherited winterfell.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I could type a college thesis on all the Dumb and Dumber screw ups.  I think the worse though remains the character assassination of Stannis (I suspect it was done as an attempt to make their golden girl look better).

Then there is Jaime.  “Hey, let’s have him rape his sister AFTER his redemption arc started LAST season!” “Brilliant!”

And let’s not forget them having Jaime needlessly murder his cousin.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bastards could inherit. Ramsey inherited winterfell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bastards could inherit. Ramsey inherited winterfell.
Ramsay was legitimated.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
She unnamed Jaqen H'ghar when he agreed to her help Gendry, Hot Pie, and her escape.  Any of the dozen or so guards Jaqen killed would have sufficed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All Hail Queen Arya!
On a semi-unrelated note, doesn't she still have a name to name from when she named and then un-named the faceless man during their escape from Harrenhal? Might that come into play before the end? Or was that name collected when she killed the Waif (who arguably had no name to collect)?

Unless I am remembering something from that scene. It was an awfully long time ago.
She unnamed Jaqen H'ghar when he agreed to her help Gendry, Hot Pie, and her escape.  Any of the dozen or so guards Jaqen killed would have sufficed.
She did unname him, but that leaves a name on the table at the end of their little adventure together
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Details, details!  

D'oh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Details, details!  

D'oh.

Your smartphone is probably waterproof. It's worth the risk.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't think roids cause penis growth. Unless the dude was born with a serious knee slapper, it's probably the one average sized thing on him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
She did unname him, but that leaves a name on the table at the end of their little adventure together
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All Hail Queen Arya!
On a semi-unrelated note, doesn't she still have a name to name from when she named and then un-named the faceless man during their escape from Harrenhal? Might that come into play before the end? Or was that name collected when she killed the Waif (who arguably had no name to collect)?

Unless I am remembering something from that scene. It was an awfully long time ago.
The guards Jaqen killed in order to help Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie escape satisfied the requirement.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't think roids cause penis growth. Unless the dude was born with a serious knee slapper, it's probably the one average sized thing on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
HGH can, but I think some of y'all might be taking that a bit too seriously.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
GRRM substituted a Royal Decree for a Papal Dispensation, but Ramsey still isn't really accepted, which is why he kills Fat Walda and her newborn, because even a legitimate bastard inherits behind a true son.  A legitimized bastard is supposed to be an exception, but I expect D&D will just legitimize Gendry, which is highly questionable given that Robert never acknowledged him and those who knew of his birth are mostly dead.  There is a ton of money and power at stake in being a high lord, and the nobility generally doesn't accept outsiders absent very special circumstances, which is why Rhaegar's "secret marriage" is so important.

Historically, it was very, very rare for a bastard to inherit anything.  The Borgias are a good historical example, where Cardinal Borgia basically lived with the kid's mother but because he could marry as a priest the kids were technically bastards, so he had them legitimized.  Another example would be Henry VIII's son Henry Fitzroy (by a noblewoman), who was recognized and ennobled, but not in the line of royal succession.  But some random smith no one knows about would not be accepted in a medieval society.

Of course, D&D already fucked that one up with the whole Dorne abomination, where the Sand Thots murder the Martells and are instantly accepted by Dorne as rulers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I could type a college thesis on all the Dumb and Dumber screw ups.  I think the worse though remains the character assassination of Stannis (I suspect it was done as an attempt to make their golden girl look better).
View Quote
It's probably because the actress they used for Shireen is so young.  I think whenever GRRM finishes the books someone is going to inherit the Stormlands by marrying Shireen, possibly Gendry, but most casual viewers wouldn't get that a medieval marriage like that wouldn't be consummated until the girl obtained her majority, and it would creep people out.  That's why they aged Tommen, Margaery, Sansa, Dany, etc. to avoid that.  Sansa is 13 in the books.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's probably because the actress they used for Shireen is so young.  I think whenever GRRM finishes the books someone is going to inherit the Stormlands by marrying Shireen, possibly Gendry, but most casual viewers wouldn't get that a medieval marriage like that wouldn't be consummated until the girl obtained her majority, and it would creep people out.  That's why they aged Tommen, Margaery, Sansa, Dany, etc. to avoid that.  Sansa is 13 in the books.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that. I speaking more towards Dumb and Dumber turning Stannis into a mustache twirling villain.

At least they acknowledged (in a way) they fucked up by having Jaime rape Cersei after his redemption arc started by trying to claim it wasn't rape.  Jaime rips her clothes off, forces himself on her, all while she is trying to push him away telling him "no" and "stop," and we're not supposed to view that as rape?

I still haven't heard an legit explanation on why they needlessly had Jaime murder his own cousin though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I get that. I speaking more towards Dumb and Dumber turning Stannis into a mustache twirling villain.

At least they acknowledged (in a way) they fucked up by having Jaime rape Cersei after his redemption arc started by trying to claim it wasn't rape.  Jaime rips her clothes off, forces himself on her, all while she is trying to push him away telling him "no" and "stop," and we're not supposed to view that as rape?

I still haven't heard an legit explanation on why they needlessly had Jaime murder his own cousin
though.
View Quote
The average viewer can’t name 5 characters on the show. Do you honestly expect them to remember Jamie throwing Bran out the window or assaulting Ned in King’s Landing?

It reinforces the negative Jamie before his redemption arc begins.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
They were going for subtle.  Did it not come across that way?  

Seriously though, Stannis always was a tragic character, and I suspect he burns somebody and alienates his troops.  I just don't think it will be his daughter.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The average viewer can’t name 5 characters on the show. Do you honestly expect them to remember Jamie throwing Bran out the window or assaulting Ned in King’s Landing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still haven't heard an legit explanation on why they needlessly had Jaime murder his own cousin
though.

I’m not so much questioning having Jaime kill his cousin as I am questioning having Jaime needlessly kill his cousin.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aged them looks wise but in the case of Sansa when Tyrion asks her, her age before they get married she says she is 14. The others I don't think they ever say their age.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All Hail Queen Arya!

Clearly addressed by him.  He tells her that the red god has had his due.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
GRRM substituted a Royal Decree for a Papal Dispensation, but Ramsey still isn't really accepted, which is why he kills Fat Walda and her newborn, because even a legitimate bastard inherits behind a true son.  A legitimized bastard is supposed to be an exception, but I expect D&D will just legitimize Gendry, which is highly questionable given that Robert never acknowledged him and those who knew of his birth are mostly dead.  There is a ton of money and power at stake in being a high lord, and the nobility generally doesn't accept outsiders absent very special circumstances, which is why Rhaegar's "secret marriage" is so important.

Historically, it was very, very rare for a bastard to inherit anything.  The Borgias are a good historical example, where Cardinal Borgia basically lived with the kid's mother but because he could marry as a priest the kids were technically bastards, so he had them legitimized.  Another example would be Henry VIII's son Henry Fitzroy (by a noblewoman), who was recognized and ennobled, but not in the line of royal succession.  But some random smith no one knows about would not be accepted in a medieval society.

Of course, D&D already fucked that one up with the whole Dorne abomination, where the Sand Thots murder the Martells and are instantly accepted by Dorne as rulers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dorne doesn't really care about the concept of bastards.  They're not really part of that society.

Of course the show's treatment of the whole thing is absurd regardless.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Seriously though, Stannis always was a tragic character, and I suspect he burns somebody and alienates his troops.  I just don't think it will be his daughter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They said they got the daughter burning directly from Martin...
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top