Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did those Dumb and Dumber leg humpers go that were lecturing us about how the writing on the show is still good?

Strange how they seemed to have disappeared in the wake of the poorest reviewed episode in the show's history.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did those Dumb and Dumber leg humpers go that were lecturing us about how the writing on the show is still good?

Strange how they seemed to have disappeared in the wake of the poorest reviewed episode in the show's history.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
They were too busy getting their cock sucked by 3 dudes while being pegged by a 10k golden dick.

dudes are laughing..all the way to the ass gaping bank.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.redd.it/kkv4lj4bktw21.jpg
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They were too busy getting their cock sucked by 3 dudes while being pegged by a 10k golden dick.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dumb and Dumber loyalists on this site aren't posting anymore because they are too busy getting their cock sucked by dudes while getting pegged?

Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Odds on which character dies first heading into 8x04:

Daenerys +210 vs Cersei -300

Sansa +180 vs Arya -260

Jon -200 vs Bran +150

Tyrion +230 vs Jaime -340

Yara +270 vs Euron -450

The Hound +270 vs The Mountain -400

Grey Worm -200 vs Missandei +150

Gilly -300 vs Hot Pie +210

Brienne +210 vs Tormund -300

Bronn -260 vs Varys +180

The "-" numbers are how much you'd have to risk to win $100.  The "+" numbers are how you'd win if you bet $100.

Example: with Daenerys +210 vs Cersei -300" that means if you wanted to bet on Cersei dying first you'd have to risk $300 to win $100 and if you want to bet on Dany you'd risk $100 to win $210.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, that seems to have escalated quickly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Dumb and Dumber loyalists on this site aren't posting anymore because they are too busy getting their cock sucked by dudes while getting pegged?

https://media.giphy.com/media/5NMby7ZZo1jFK/giphy.gif
View Quote
No..D&D.

Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

They don’t give two shits about what they did to the story. They believe they have written a masterpiece.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Arya represents nuclear energy.

Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Spolier thread. The simpleminded couldn’t wait 2 weeks to see how their hereos finished this epic story with excellent writing and plot closure
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
a 50-gram Roman bullet hurled by a trained slinger has only slightly less stopping power than a .44 magnum cartridge fired from a handgun. [/url]
View Quote
50 grams is 771 grains.  .44 mag runs from ~ 240 to ~350 grains...at 1500 fps.

those romans must have been pretty badass to be able to hurl 1.8 oz projectiles at 350 mph using a bit o string.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What was it Bran said to Tyrion concerning his wheelchair?
View Quote
It’s an Iron Throne

He said it was patterned on the one some Targ had a hundred something years before.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Spolier thread. The simpleminded couldn’t wait 2 weeks to see how their hereos finished this epic story with excellent writing and plot closure
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Kneelers in the spoiler thread
They're south of the wall somewhere
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Best character on the show:

This wizard, swinging his 13” pussy slayer, gets shit done! Clean the wound, save the arm? Eazy Peazy. Want a golden hand replacement to fist bitches? He gots you playa! Dragon a pain in the ass? Have this ballista. 1 not enough? Have a field of them! Them crazy Scientologists drivin you mad? Have this 8 foot mountain undead motherfucker to protect you. They still a problem? BOOM, fuck your church!

Tyrion: “Qyburn, please tell Cersei to surrender. I beg you.”

Badass Hand and Pimp: “How about you surrender, you two foot tall fuckstick.”

Problem solver, loyal, and all around badass. Team Qyburn!
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Pic should be reversed.  Seasons 7/8 are horse's ass.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Best character on the show:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/93/91/3e93919152c217bfe6b80a87cb80d84b.jpg

This wizard, swinging his 13" pussy slayer, gets shit done! Clean the wound, save the arm? Eazy Peazy. Want a golden hand replacement to fist bitches? He gots you playa! Dragon a pain in the ass? Have this ballista. 1 not enough? Have a field of them! Them crazy Scientologists drivin you mad? Have this 8 foot mountain undead motherfucker to protect you. They still a problem? BOOM, fuck your church!

Tyrion: "Qyburn, please tell Cersei to surrender. I beg you."

Badass Hand and Pimp: "How about you surrender, you two foot tall fuckstick."

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/3b/77/a7/3b77a708e103b3552a749ab0870079f3--anton-lesser-cersei-lannister.jpg

Problem solver, loyal, and all around badass. Team Qyburn!
View Quote
Lies.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 2:19:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I was just thinking back on how Dany is loosing every friend she had. Her being alone during the feast last episode, then watching her best friend Missandei get killed. It really brought some feels lol.

That said, these past memes have been great. Specially the ghost memes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#22]
As the Hound and Arya leave Winterfell on horse back , what kind of horses are they riding?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:36:59 AM EDT
[#23]
The show’s explanation for why Jon gave Ghost the worst “goodbye forever” I can ever recall seeing on a TV show:

“Keeping Ghost off to the side, I thought that played out better... Then he just walks off by himself, he turns to Ghost and has this moment with Ghost that I thought was very, very powerful."

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The show’s explanation for why Jon gave Ghost the worst “goodbye forever” I can ever recall seeing on a TV show:

“Keeping Ghost off to the side, I thought that played out better... Then he just walks off by himself, he turns to Ghost and has this moment with Ghost that I thought was very, very powerful."

https://media.giphy.com/media/sauYjWmJJ18xW/giphy.gif
View Quote
Sounds like my ex wife. Just make a statement emphatically and it’s true. If you believe it, then it’s “your truth”
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
The series wrap up is up there....

With LOST, Sopranos etc.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Translation : "the scene was much less expensive to film that way rather than to include actual on screen interaction between Jon and Ghost."
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Absolutely ridiculous, that scene was complete shit.

Does anyone else think there's a slim possibility that the last episode and possibly some of episode five might be good again? D&D stated from the beginning that GRRM told them his planned ending years ago, and it seems safe to assume that he's had that ending put together for a while now--even if he hasn't done a very good job of getting there in the last couple of books.

Probably wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Does anyone else think there's a slim possibility that the last episode and possibly some of episode five might be good again? D&D stated from the beginning that GRRM told them his planned ending years ago, and it seems safe to assume that he's had that ending put together for a while now--even if he hasn't done a very good job of getting there in the last couple of books.

View Quote
I believe he gave them an outline. They interpreted it completely opposite of his intention. Think CNN vs. Fox News on coverage of events.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a conspiracy theory that David is really Ken M. He’s one of the worlds greatest trolls.

I want to believe it so bad.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I believe he gave them an outline. They interpreted it completely opposite of his intention. Think CNN vs. Fox News on coverage of events.
View Quote
Fair enough. He just seems like the kind of writer to have an ending planned out and then slowly meander his way there as he figures out the important bits, rather than being a pantser and just winging the whole thing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As the Hound and Arya leave Winterfell on horse back , what kind of horses are they riding?
View Quote
BIG ones!  They looked like some kind of draft horses.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
One positive this season has done better than any other season: Emilia Clarke's acting.

It's not up there with the show's heavy hitters or anything, but I think it's a definite improvement.
View Quote
She's doing psycho pms really well. I think she's liberal in real life so full on rage queen will be easy and portrayed very well.

I honestly think ep. 4 was a step in the right direction after ep. 3. I'd forgotten how much I hated Cersei and now that she

Click To View Spoiler

Clever writing or not, I felt a lot of loss and a lot of rage after watching ep. 4. I remember how I felt when Joffrey said, "Screw it, off with his head lolololol" in season 1 and I felt a similar way after ep. 4. I have a feeling that Cersei isn't done and I'm looking forward to ep. 5. ETA: LET THE CHAOS MADNESS BEGIN!
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Man, that's a Hallmark card right there!  Or Violent Little Machine Shop.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

BIG ones!  They looked like some kind of draft horses.
View Quote
The hound's horse is some type of draft horse.  Arya's does not look wide enough to be a draft horse.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most good writers write the ending first.   If you don't, you really have no clue where your people are going.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Odds on which character dies first heading into 8x04:

Daenerys +210 vs Cersei -300

Sansa +180 vs Arya -260

Jon -200 vs Bran +150

Tyrion +230 vs Jaime -340

Yara +270 vs Euron -450

The Hound +270 vs The Mountain -400

Grey Worm -200 vs Missandei +150

Gilly -300 vs Hot Pie +210

Brienne +210 vs Tormund -300

Bronn -260 vs Varys +180

The "-" numbers are how much you'd have to risk to win $100.  The "+" numbers are how you'd win if you bet $100.

Example: with Daenerys +210 vs Cersei -300" that means if you wanted to bet on Cersei dying first you'd have to risk $300 to win $100 and if you want to bet on Dany you'd risk $100 to win $210.
View Quote
I had a $50 bet that Dolorous Ed would be the first feature character to die at the battle of Winterfell - I’m pretty sure I won.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Most good writers write the ending first.   If you don't, you really have no clue where your people are going.
View Quote
I'm not sure I agree with that entirely, but for a writer like GRRM who outlines that is almost certainly the case.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he'd already written a rough or two of the ending already. He seems like the type to indulge in some dessert before lunch, much less dinner.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The hound's horse is some type of draft horse.  Arya's does not look wide enough to be a draft horse.
View Quote
They looked like Friesians to me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Hounds horse was definitely a Friesian.  Light draft horse commonly used in medieval warfare(originally anyway).  Arya's may have been an Andalusian.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I also think its hilarious how some of the same people defending the episode 3 writing for "subverting expectations" with Arya getting the NK kill are now bitching about the bad writing after Dumb and Dumber did their SJW queen dirty.  
View Quote
I don't think many of us defenders defended "subverting expectations" (I didnt). I just said i was okay with it and all you calling her superman were retarded.

It's easy to see dumb decisions in writing and the show, but I still don't think arya was one of them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#42]
My prediction...

I believe the Golden Company is really going to turn on Cersi. I think they've already done their deal with Jamie. I don't recall what happened with that caravan of gold after the dragons torched everyone but I bet someone got it (Not Cersi), paid the Golden Company to do a rope-a-dope, then we will see elephants that they said couldn't make it over the seas.

The Golden Company, along with the remainder of the northern army, will defeat Cersi's army and take KL.

Grew Worm and the hound will get into it with the Mountain and Grey Worm will kill him after the Hound wounds him.

Jon will be somewhere taking damage and getting the shit kicked out of him and Ghost will come out of hiding to save him. Ghost is doing the whole "Homeward Bound" thing right now and making his way to Jon.

Arya kills Cersi. Jamie dies in Briennes arms ala Anakin & Luke.

End scene
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't think many of us defenders defended "subverting expectations" (I didnt). I just said i was okay with it and all you calling her superman were retarded.

It's easy to see dumb decisions in writing and the show, but I still don't think arya was one of them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Interestingly enough, Bethesda was approached to make a Game of Thrones game, but they were busy making Skyrim so they passed.

Such a great game though.  Hard to believe it came out in 2011. I think I probably spent more time playing that game than any other single player game in my life.
View Quote
Metal saber (also known this thread) can help you mod it and lose even more time in it if you haven't tried mods yet lol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Hounds horse was definitely a Friesian.  Light draft horse commonly used in medieval warfare(originally anyway).  Arya's may have been an Andalusian.
View Quote
Maybe, think it's just a Friesian mare though, maybe a little younger than the big male Sandor's on.

Friesians are saddle horses, but they have light draft lineage. Literally bred to be warhorses.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Fucking shut the fuck up. It was a fucking director's desire for a cool shot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My prediction...

I believe the Golden Company is really going to turn on Cersi. I think they've already done their deal with Jamie. I don't recall what happened with that caravan of gold after the dragons torched everyone but I bet someone got it (Not Cersi), paid the Golden Company to do a rope-a-dope, then we will see elephants that they said couldn't make it over the seas.

The Golden Company, along with the remainder of the northern army, will defeat Cersi's army and take KL.

Grew Worm and the hound will get into it with the Mountain and Grey Worm will kill him after the Hound wounds him.

Jon will be somewhere taking damage and getting the shit kicked out of him and Ghost will come out of hiding to save him. Ghost is doing the whole "Homeward Bound" thing right now and making his way to Jon.

Arya kills Cersi. Jamie dies in Briennes arms ala Anakin & Luke.

End scene
View Quote
Do you even WATCH the show?

The very first sentence in this clip. 10 seconds in.

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't recall what happened with that caravan of gold after the dragons torched everyone but I bet someone got it (Not Cersi), paid the Golden Company to do a rope-a-dope, then we will see elephants that they said couldn't make it over the seas.
View Quote
...waits for it...

Dangit!  a minute and a half...this place I SWEAR!
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Fucking shut the fuck up. It was a fucking director's desire for a cool shot.
View Quote
It was also a “cool shot” to have the Dothraki with flaming swords charge out into the abyss and disappear. Sure it was cool but it doesn’t change the fact that it was fucking retarded.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top