BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Huh? The chick is 22 in real life and the character is close to that age too. Hell, in this world, a 20 year old woman is basically middle aged
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that brothel scene was super uncomfortable, as was the following scene with the knight. I was on the verge of fast forwarding it. Pedo vibes.

The incest part didn't even bother me, it's the fact that she seems like a damn child.

Huh? The chick is 22 in real life and the character is close to that age too. Hell, in this world, a 20 year old woman is basically middle aged
You're only off by 6 years.

Rhaenyra was 14 years old in episode 1, as was Alicent. Only 4 years have passed so far in the series. She's about 18 in this latest episode, yet the character still looks the same as she did when she was 14.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’re only a few episodes removed from a guy offering his child daughter for marriage and those scenes gave you pedo vibes?
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Rhaenyra was 14 years old in episode 1, as was Alicent. Only 4 years have passed so far in the series. She's about 18 in this latest episode, yet the character still looks the same as she did when she was 14.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that brothel scene was super uncomfortable, as was the following scene with the knight. I was on the verge of fast forwarding it. Pedo vibes.

The incest part didn't even bother me, it's the fact that she seems like a damn child.

At least 6 years have passed since the show started. I don't think any mention has been made of the girls age but in the book at the time of the tourney in the first episode Rheanyra was around 6 and Alicent was 14-16. Obviously they had to age Rheanyra up. The actress playing her is still 22
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Sort of mixed on this episode, I get why it was needed but other thanClick To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Carry on!
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At least 6 years have passed since the show started. I don't think any mention has been made of the girls age but in the book at the time of the tourney in the first episode Rheanyra was around 6 and Alicent was 14-16. Obviously they had to age Rheanyra up. The actress playing her is still 22
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing you said changes anything. It's creepy.

Perhaps one should do some soul searching if they're trying to come up with excuses as to why it's not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Perhaps one should do some soul searching if they're trying to come up with excuses as to why it's not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This shit was extremely common in the age that GOT approximates. If you have a problem with it, take it up with your ancestors.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This shit was extremely common in the age that GOT approximates. If you have a problem with it, take it up with your ancestors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because pedophelia was normal in the past means we should be ok with depicting it and watching it in modern fantasy shows?
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because pedophelia was normal in the past means we should be ok with depicting it and watching it in modern fantasy shows?
View Quote

I didnt get those vibes.  The character is at least 18 now.  Maybe you are trying to hard to be offended. You should probably watch “The Rings of Power” instead.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
there hasn't been any pedophilia. if seeing a 22 year old adult woman in a sexual situation makes you get pedo vibes, that's on you
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
there hasn't been any pedophilia. if seeing a 22 year old adult woman in a sexual situation makes you get pedo vibes, that's on you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

She was 14 just a couple weeks ago. Looks the same now.

It's pedo.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

She was 14 just a couple weeks ago.

Pedo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

She was 14 just a couple weeks ago.

Pedo.
You said, "The incest part didn't even bother me, it's the fact that she seems like a damn child."
That sounds like you're going off of her physical appearance, which is that of a 22 year old. Hell, Alicent had the king's 1st kid at 17 but that didn't give you pedo vibes?
Or, we could just not project modern norms onto a fantasy world where they obviously don't exist and where the makers of the show have obviously gone out of their way to age up characters so it's not an issue  
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
I think you're missing the dialog cues that tell you how much time has passed in the show:

Ep 2 is one year from ep 1 (they say it's been a year since the king's 1st wife died)
Ep 3 is at least 3 years from ep2 (the king's son is 2 years old and Alicent is almost ready to pop from the next one)
Ep4 is 4 years from ep2 (Damon says it's been 4 years since he saw Raynera)

if show Raynera started at 14, then that puts her at least at 19. In ep3 the king repeatedly tells her that since she's come of age he's been getting non-stop marriage proposals and that it's time for her to start making him grandkids
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess don’t watch the show if a sex scene involving a 22 year old offends you.

Nothing that has taken place even hints at pedophelia.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m starting to regret even getting in this thread. I miss the old threads where we at least argued sensible things like how a woman couldn’t be raped by her husband.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not telling you you should be okay with anything.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I disagree. It did a lot to move the story along and more of the groundwork is being laid for the upcoming civil war. Not every episode needs to have Michael Bay level action scenes
View Quote
Agreed. I thought it was a good episode for moving the story forward and character development.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

She was 6 four weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
View Quote

Someone hasnt been paying attention to the show at all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
View Quote
No it isn't. Even if she was 14.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

Give me a break. Being attracted to a woman for her actual age does not make you a pedo just because she is portraying a minor. And for the record, I don't find her attractive. Queen Aliscent on the other hand...
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Give me a break. Being attracted to a woman for her actual age does not make you a pedo just because she is portraying a minor. And for the record, I don't find her attractive. Queen Aliscent on the other hand...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

OK GROOMER

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

OK GROOMER

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

OK GROOMER

So if Sofia Loren in all of her glorious 87 years... yes, she is 87 years old... puts on a diaper (she might actually wear one) and a bonnet and you go "oh baby," you're a pedo?

The lack of critical thinking skills around here is amazing, either that or my sarcasm meter is way off from your post.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Randomly started watching The Crown because of QE2 and in the first 2 minutes HOLY SHIT IT’S DAEMON!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So if Sofia Loren in all of her glorious 87 years... yes, she is 87 years old... puts on a diaper (she might actually wear one) and a bonnet and you go "oh baby," you're a pedo?

The lack of critical thinking skills around here is amazing, either that or my sarcasm meter is way off from your post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

OK GROOMER

I would tweak the dial on the back of your sarcasm meter.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW, the actual historical princess she's based on was born in 1102 and married a Roman emperor in 1114.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m starting to regret even getting in this thread. I miss the old threads where we at least argued sensible things like how a woman couldn’t be raped by her husband.
View Quote

Even if they were 13 in the books and 16 on the show.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

OK GROOMER

Noted...
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FWIW, the actual historical princess she's based on was born in 1102 and married a Roman emperor in 1114.
View Quote

Historically women were married off young and virgins. Just because it’s not socially acceptable now doesn’t mean it wasn’t for hundreds or thousands of years.

Look at how in love the current queen is and how amazing their sex life is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
View Quote
You know feminism has won when looking at a 22-year-old woman become pedo.  

Besides, y'all are missing the real issue.  We got a glimpse of wiener at the brothel but no bush.  Discrimination.  

Edited: For those still confused, I've created a guide.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Old saggy boobs are the answer.

They should have chosen a 64 year old pensioner to play the princess.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure he was being funny.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You know feminism has won when looking at a 22-year-old woman become pedo.  

Besides, y'all are missing the real issue.  We got a glimpse of wiener at the brothel but no bush.  Discrimination.  

Edited: For those still confused, I've created a guide.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61337/Guide_jpg-2524826.JPG
View Quote

It's a shame she's not going to show titty.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

Wait until he realizes that show Alicent's character is the same age as the princess and has already spit out 2 kids to a much older husband. And that the actress playing her is 19
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wait until he realizes that show Alicent's character is the same age as the princess and has already spit out 2 kids to a much older husband. And that the actress playing her is 19
View Quote

I believe Alicent is supposed to be two years older than Rhaenys.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have they said that on the show? In the book they are 9 years apart (7 and 16)

eta: corrected ages
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Have they said that on the show? In the book they are 10 years apart (6 and 16)
View Quote

I cannot remember.

Something I had read online said Rhaenys was 14 and Alicent was either 16 or 17 at the start of the show. If that is wrong then I apologize.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
or kitty.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

Has the show romantized any of the Alicent sex scenes?

Pretty sure the only one shown was basically her being forced to it lol.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
or kitty.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or kitty.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The character is not 22.

It's pedo.
GD outs the pedos again!
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character is not 22.

It's pedo.

You have a strange take on morality.

You do you though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
GD outs the pedos again!
View Quote

He means character. We all know the actress is 22.
I too wanna see downstits but it ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
GD outs the pedos again!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Tried to like it.  No humor or likable characters.  I'm done with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Info about the throne and why the king keeps getting cut.

Dark Secret Behind Why King Viserys Keep Cutting Himself On Iron Throne - Explored, Sentient Throne?

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Watched the first 2 episodes, at the beginning of the 3rd now. Its pretty good, so far. It's not exactly early GOT, but, its good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Saw this one on IG lol

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tried to like it.  No humor or likable characters.  I'm done with it.
View Quote

Sounds like Marvel shows would be more your speed
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top