Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Decent episode, but the dragon scene was poorly done.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That was an extraction out of a hot LZ with no knowledge of the enemies anti air capabilities.

Danys still has a 2 to 1 advantage in airpower. Down the ice dragon, do one or two strafing runs on the army of the dead, stay at top speed to avoid the Night Kings spear, fly home for crew rest. Repeat and wear down the numbers.
View Quote
This is why you will never sit on the iron throne.  The Night King is a Super Being.  You should see the fight as 2 vs 2 over enemy held terrain.  You dont know what other tools the walker have at their disposal...but know they are aware of the dragons and are preparing for them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is why you will never sit on the iron throne.  The Night King is a Super Being.  You should see the fight as 2 vs 2 over enemy held terrain.  You dont what other tools the walker have at their disposal...but know they are aware of the dragons and are preparing for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was an extraction out of a hot LZ with no knowledge of the enemies anti air capabilities.

Danys still has a 2 to 1 advantage in airpower. Down the ice dragon, do one or two strafing runs on the army of the dead, stay at top speed to avoid the Night Kings spear, fly home for crew rest. Repeat and wear down the numbers.
This is why you will never sit on the iron throne.  The Night King is a Super Being.  You should see the fight as 2 vs 2 over enemy held terrain.  You dont what other tools the walker have at their disposal...but know they are aware of the dragons and are preparing for them.
I bet all 3 are dead by the end of the season.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No handicap ramps, he just got stuck in the courtyard.
View Quote
LOL, that’s what I was thinking too...
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He is Aerys II Targaryen; which is why the dragon Viserion, which is named after his son, allows him to ride on his back and accepted him so naturally.

Daenerys rides Drogon who's named after her dead husband Drogo; and Jon rides atop Rhaegal who is named after Daenerys's eldest brother, Jon's true father and Aerys son, Rhaegar Targaryen.

Only Targaryens can ride dragons.

Its all in the family Aerys II Targaryan AKA The Mad King is The Night King.
View Quote
I would have to say the"only targaryan's can ride dragons" thing doesnt apply to one that was killed and brought back as a zombie by the night king.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would have to say the"only targaryan's can ride dragons" thing doesnt apply to one that was killed and brought back as a zombie by the night king.
View Quote
It does if the Night King was a Targaryen  
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:02:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Didn't see this posted.

Pretty decent behind the scenes for the episode.

Game of Thrones | Season 8 Episode 1 | Game Revealed (HBO)
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Night King symbolism

Attachment Attached File

Targaryen

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is Aerys II Targaryen; which is why the dragon Viserion, which is named after his son, allows him to ride on his back and accepted him so naturally.

Daenerys rides Drogon who's named after her dead husband Drogo; and Jon rides atop Rhaegal who is named after Daenerys's eldest brother, Jon's true father and Aerys son, Rhaegar Targaryen.

I'm still guessing that, in the end, The Game of Thrones is a game that is playing out among the Targaryens; the rightful claimants to the iron throne.

It's right in front of everyone's eyes....The Targaryens crest.

Yeah, The Night King is Aerys II coming south the regain his crown and sit on The Iron Throne.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm still guessing that, in the end, The Game of Thrones is a game that is playing out among the Targaryens; the rightful claimants to the iron throne.

It's right in front of everyone's eyes:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_09_54_PM-913500.png
Damn I think you guys are right.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#11]
If the Night King is a Targaryen, then he is  Viserys Targaryen.

Dany's brother.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If the Night King is a Targaryen, then he is  Viserys Targaryen.

Dany's brother.
View Quote

The Night King was building his army while Viserys was still alive.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If Cerci dies, I will lose my shit.

She is the only reason to watch GOT.
View Quote
Luz, she's absolutely going to die.  Along with most of the rest of the characters.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Are you trying to get a free Targaryen membership for pointing out the White Walker's unauthorized use of their stylized dragon logo?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Congratulations!

Team Cersei now has one fan.
View Quote
Well I'm a fan of the actress if not the character...
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#16]
The Targs first came to Westeros long after the Wall was built.

If they touch on the origin of the Night King, he will be a Stark or other northern lord.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, The Night King is Aerys II coming south the regain his crown and sit on The Iron Throne.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_09_54_PM-913500.png
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hope Dany dies.  I’m so sick of her shit.  She’s just awful.
View Quote
I think you will get your wish.  Maybe at John's hand too...
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's right in front of everyone's eyes:

Hmmm, I can see it now...
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So what is Bran going to do with Jamie?
View Quote
Nothing but creep him out with an ominous stare.  Bran don't GAF about his previous life anymore.

I sure hope they bring his story line together soon.  He must have something significant to do in the final season or he is the most pointless story arc ever put to paper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Luz, she's absolutely going to die.  Along with most of the rest of the characters.
View Quote
Eh, and with the closing scene we see Cersei along with what remains of the iron fleet retreating to a far off land in exile after her defeat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#22]
And for "Best In Thread".

LoginName.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think you will get your wish.  Maybe at John's hand too...
View Quote
He does stab her repeatedly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Except they showed the white walkers being created by the children of the forest in order to fight men.  It was around the time Bran was in the tree with the original 3-eyed raven north of the wall.  The Night King was around before the Targaryens even landed in Westeros.

Also the whole only Targaryens riding dragons thing goes out the window when the dragon becomes a wight.  Wights are basically zombie slaves and have no free will.  If the dragon had any free will left it would have started toasting white walkers as soon as it woke up.

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone else hoping to see Hodor as a White Walker?
View Quote
Oh hell no.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Except they showed the white walkers being created by the children of the forest in order to fight men.  It was around the time Bran was in the tree with the original 3-eyed raven north of the wall.  The Night King was around before the Targaryens even landed in Westeros.

Also the whole only Targaryens riding dragons thing goes out the window when the dragon becomes a wight.  Wights are basically zombie slaves and have no free will.  If the dragon had any free will left it would have started toasting white walkers as soon as it woke up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZFBy0zF50
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit. Thanks for ruining this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cersei is not in this picture.
She KNOWS what her absence means and doesn't care.
We need to leave...now!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tormund finally gets his girl!
https://i.imgur.com/4OxZEmD.jpg
Cersei is not in this picture.
She KNOWS what her absence means and doesn't care.
We need to leave...now!
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think the Night King is a Targaryen.  When Bran had a flashback to the beginning of the Others the guy the COTF stabbed had dark hair.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Cerci dies, I will lose my shit.

She is the only reason to watch GOT.
Not Cerci though.  She is special.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There is a lot of speculation that the "miscarried" baby was in fact taken and hidden away from Cersei and just raised by Robert's whore.

I'm not sure I buy it, and given Arya's fondness for Rob a relationship with a bastard would be just her style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Gendrys mother was a whore. Who Robert knocked up.
There is a lot of speculation that the "miscarried" baby was in fact taken and hidden away from Cersei and just raised by Robert's whore.

I'm not sure I buy it, and given Arya's fondness for Rob a relationship with a bastard would be just her style.
Do you mean her fondness for Jon? Rob is not a bastard. Either is Jon at this point.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not Cerci though.  She is special.
View Quote
I could see Cersei marrying Jon Snow.

He’s half targ half stark. Marrying a Lannister would unite the kingdoms.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are you trying to get a free Targaryen membership for pointing out the White Walker's unauthorized use of their stylized dragon logo?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Night king will be a Stark, can pretty much guarantee this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Didn't see this posted.

Pretty decent behind the scenes for the episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdbetJTZGA
View Quote
That was great, thanks for posting @fike
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#35]
The knights king is global warming or just all that is good coming back to restart the world because white men are evil.

This is why Sansa wins the Game of Thrones. Only a woman can keep the humans on the right path to continue wholesome and true.

The people of the forest are liken of the American Indians. Stupid white men came and raped, pillaged and destroyed the land. They just wouldn’t listen. We didn’t listen!!!! :(
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Eh, and with the closing scene we see Cersei along with what remains of the iron fleet retreating to a far off land in exile after her defeat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That scenario would leave it open to a sequel. With the popularity of the series it wouldn’t be surprising.
They’re already doing a prequel correct?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Along with the iron bank.
View Quote
the Iron Bank funded the Golden Company coming to Westeros
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which begs the question who is he after.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are there still a lot of Weirwoods on the Isle of Faces? Maybe they want to destroy all the remaining trees.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

But at least we can discuss theories that havent actually been disproven in previous episodes that make no sense.

I really don't think they'll get into who the night king actually was at this point. I think the last major secret they cared about was Jon being a Targaryen.  I think the story now will be pretty straight forward with no more shocking revelations.

I'm curious to see how they do Danerys reaction to Jon being the rightful heir.  She shows flashes of a mean streak like when vaguely threatening Sansa to Jon.  Her armies certainly dont care if shes the rightful heir to Westeros or not since they are foreign and the Unsullied follow her for freeing them and the Dothraki follow her because shes strong.

Jon wouldn't have anyway to beat her in battle since her army would crush anything he could muster so he'll only sit on the throne if she dies (giving birth maybe?) or he marries her. She won't just give up her power for sure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

But at least we can discuss theories that havent actually been disproven in previous episodes that make no sense.

I really don't think they'll get into who the night king actually was at this point. I think the last major secret they cared about was Jon being a Targaryen.  I think the story now will be pretty straight forward with no more shocking revelations.

I'm curious to see how they do Danerys reaction to Jon being the rightful heir.  She shows flashes of a mean streak like when vaguely threatening Sansa to Jon.  Her armies certainly dont care if shes the rightful heir to Westeros or not since they are foreign and the Unsullied follow her for freeing them and the Dothraki follow her because shes strong.

Jon wouldn't have anyway to beat her in battle since her army would crush anything he could muster so he'll only sit on the throne if she dies (giving birth maybe?) or he marries her. She won't just give up her power for sure.
View Quote
I don’t think she really cares who the rightful heir is. Her brother (Jon’s father) had a better claim. Well, until her husband murdered him in front of her. That didn’t seem to bother her too much.

As far a defeating her in battle? That’s cute. The only “king” to die in battle in this series had been Stannis. There’s plenty of ways to kill a king/queen outside the battlefield.

Mad king - stabbed in the back by his Kingsguard.
Robert - hunting
Joffrey - poison
Tommen - suicide
Renly - magic
Rob - assassinated at a wedding
Karl Drogo - infected wound from single combat
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't think she really cares who the rightful heir is. Her brother (Jon's father) had a better claim. Well, until her husband murdered him in front of her. That didn't seem to bother her too much.

As far a defeating her in battle? That's cute. The only "king" to die in battle in this series had been Stannis. There's plenty of ways to kill a king/queen outside the battlefield.

Mad king - stabbed in the back by his Kingsguard.
Robert - hunting
Joffrey - poison
Tommen - suicide
Renly - magic
Rob - assassinated at a wedding
Karl Drogo - infected wound from single combat
View Quote
That wasn't Jon's father.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I bet all 3 are dead by the end of the season.
View Quote
Yup. The age of magic comes to an end and the last scene is Sam flying a kite in a thunderstorm with keys tied on the string.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Her brother was Jon's father, just not that brother.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oops. Wrong brother.

The point still stands though. She thinks the throne is hers and won’t let something like “rightful heir” stand in her way.

She’ll never be the queen though. She has to make it a point to tell everyone that she’s the queen.

As Tywin put it:  "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top