User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hogwarts Legacy.

Not for the game itself, but for all the leftist butthurt it generated.
View Quote

It didn't even get a nod. It's nominated for the Steam Awards though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We knew it was going to be GOTY for at least 8 months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A turn based combat game won best of the year? LOL

How many former SIG Sauer lobbyists did some consulting work for Larian Studios?

We knew it was going to be GOTY for at least 8 months.

No we didn't.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No we didn't.
View Quote

What was your game of the year? Mine was Alan Wake 2. Not for everyone but I liked it a lot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]
After spending the last couple weeks playing RE4R on PSVR2, I would like to switch my GOTY vote to that.

VR: the definitive way to play a phenomenal game. I can't even begin to describe how amazing and fun it is to play.

I generally hate speedrunning and any game/section/mode that requires it, but I did it twice: first time in NG+ on professional difficulty in under 7 1/2 hrs to unlock the Chicago Sweeper, then a fresh start on professional in under 5 1/2 hrs to get an S+ score and unlock the cat ear accessory.

I might even end up completing the platinum on this one, which would only be my 2nd platinum (FF7 Remake is the 1st and only, currently).
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
After spending the last couple weeks playing RE4R on PSVR2, I would like to switch my GOTY vote to that.

VR: the definitive way to play a phenomenal game. I can't even begin to describe how amazing and fun it is to play.

I generally hate speedrunning and any game/section/mode that requires it, but I did it twice: first time in NG+ on professional difficulty in under 7 1/2 hrs to unlock the Chicago Sweeper, then a fresh start on professional in under 5 1/2 hrs to get an S+ score and unlock the cat ear accessory.

I might even end up completing the platinum on this one, which would only be my 2nd platinum (FF7 Remake is the 1st and only, currently).
View Quote

Oof you might get me to buy a vr headset.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:45:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have the disposable income - and don't get motion sick - it is totally worth it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Ajek

How much like RE2 are the controls and gunplay?

I've been on a gaming draught since the beginning of October and RE4 is on sale in the PS store for $30.  I'd be playing the regular version, fwiw.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@Ajek

I've been on a gaming draught since the beginning of October and RE4 is on sale in the PS store for $30.  I'd be playing the regular version, fwiw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Ajek

@Shagohod

They are very similar. The feel of the controls is almost identical. The gunplay in RE4 is a little smoother and more refined.
Probably the biggest difference is RE2 is still "survival-horror" where RE4 is "shooter-horror" - except for one short sequence, there is no equivalent to Mr. X in RE4 (you can kill everything) - so the gunplay is slightly different and emphasized more in RE4.

I played both RE2 and RE4 remakes on PC. I really don't like how it feels aiming in these games with a controller, so I played with a mouse and keyboard. If you are okay with a controller in RE2, you'll be fine with a controller in RE4.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Shagohod

They are very similar. The feel of the controls is almost identical. The gunplay in RE4 is a little smoother and more refined.
Probably the biggest difference is RE2 is still "survival-horror" where RE4 is "shooter-horror" - except for one short sequence, there is no equivalent to Mr. X in RE4 (you can kill everything) - so the gunplay is slightly different and emphasized more in RE4.

I played both RE2 and RE4 remakes on PC. I really don't like how it feels aiming in these games with a controller, so I played with a mouse and keyboard. If you are okay with a controller in RE2, you'll be fine with a controller in RE4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Ajek

@Shagohod

Awesome, I appreciate all the info.  It's downloading right now, I probably won't get to play until tomorrow though.

I did RE2 and RE3 with a PS5 controller and didn't have any issues.  I've never played this style of game with a mouse/keyboard so I don't know any better, lol.  RE2 is one of my favorite games of the last decade, I still can't believe just how right they got it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top