Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/13/2024 10:44:51 AM EDT
Popped up on YT this morning and gave it a watch.

I spit coffee everywhere at 5:10.

The Gun Liberals Aren’t Scared Of But They Should Be. The Springfield M1A Scout
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
My buddy just bought an M1A scout because of this video
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0sg1xg7is
View Quote

A guy I knew in the Army bought an M1A Scout and put an MRO on it. He shot nice, 2-3" groups at 100 yards with it.

I haven't heard anything bad about the Springfields, except I think there were issues with receivers cracking. I haven't known anyone who had an issue with them, personally.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag for after work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There are so many people that buy anything he makes a video on. He's the ultimate person for a company to sponsor in the gun world imo.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx0sg1xg7is
View Quote

Replace janky commercial parts with USGI parts. Then add a suppressor and tune the gas system with a Schuster adj. M1A plug.

Then you can be Johnny Strong:

Daylight's End 2016 Street Shootout Vs Bandits 1
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome, fellow M1A enjoyers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There are so many people that buy anything he makes a video on. He's the ultimate person for a company to sponsor in the gun world imo.
View Quote

That's why the media company he works for gets hired by gun companies, although he does say in the video they purchased the M1A and it wasn't provided to them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#9]
…and just like that, M1As became cool again…
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn’t his first time either

I agree. He show cases guns well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#11]
The M14 (and the M1a by default) is God's rifle.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool people always knew it was cool.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I got my SOCOM II because it was fun in Battlefield, and was worried they would come down hard on other "scary" rifles while leaving the M1A alone

I tried to sell it at a shop recently but they wouldn't give me more than $700
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I went with a Socom16, replaced a few internals with USGI, and then a more classic look. USGI stock, fake selector to fill the hole, NM rear sight, NM front sight with base designed for the SOCOM for proper height.  And the cheapest upgrade ever: a rubber pipe stem protector for the charging handle. Some have edges that just don't want to go away. A buck later and no need for caution racking the action.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A guy I knew in the Army bought an M1A Scout and put an MRO on it. He shot nice, 2-3" groups at 100 yards with it.

I haven't heard anything bad about the Springfields, except I think there were issues with receivers cracking. I haven't known anyone who had an issue with them, personally.
View Quote

Eight bazillion high power shooters ran M1A's for YEARS in competition and did not suffer cracking receivers.  M1A receivers are investment cast versus the forged ones used on the m14, but they are not prone to cracking because of that.   I don't know where some of you guys get your information.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Eight bazillion high power shooters ran M1A's for YEARS in competition and did not suffer cracking receivers.  M1A receivers are investment cast versus the forged ones used on the m14, but they are not prone to cracking because of that.   I don't know where some of you guys get your information.
View Quote

Rumor mill, duh.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I wish that I liked my M1A, but it just doesnt do it for me.

M1 Garand is so much more fun to shoot. I kind of want to tacti-cool my M1A now, though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M1 Garands (USGIs, not the S.A.-made M1s) have forged receivers. There is a reason.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Things weight a ton, no thanks.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#22]
These used to have an absolute shit reputation. I guess they're better now?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#23]
My lrb 18" is 8.5lb. Probably weighs less than a lot of ARs with the crap hanging off of them..
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#24]
They're fun rifles. I've shot one a few times. I dunno if it's fun enough to spend the money on one. I am pretty invested in the AR10.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I got my SOCOM II because it was fun in Battlefield, and was worried they would come down hard on other "scary" rifles while leaving the M1A alone

View Quote

I’ll give you $800 for it
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Back in the late 90's there weren't that many choices for a US made .308 . I forked over a lot of " back then money " and bought a "Loaded ".
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck finding that fucking rail.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Fun fact: the California-legal muzzle brake makes the rifle shoot softer, smoother than the slotted  USGI flash hider. But the slotted flash hider
turns the gun into a felonious "AsSuAlt weAPoN" in Ca....

Old pic: two 100% USGI beauties from the early 1990's

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Love me some M14 goodness. Easily the easiest of the battle rifles to shoot.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

M1 Garands (USGIs, not the S.A.-made M1s) have forged receivers. There is a reason.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I had a Supermatch for a bit. Great shooting gun. Very smooth shooting; ridiculously low recoil with the SEI brake. Accuracy was really good, MOA or better, Buuuut… it weighed like 16+ pounds with a Mark4  scope. I sold it and built a PSA PA-10 that is way handier weighs under 10 pounds with scope and almost as accurate.

I’ve considered getting another M1A for fun, if I did a scout would be on my short list.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Replace janky commercial parts with USGI parts. Then add a suppressor and tune the gas system with a Schuster adj. M1A plug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxd3jziqkAE
View Quote

Did I have a stroke or is that James Yaeger as one of the bad guys?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I will always prefer the pre-roid and tatts flannel daddy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I watched that last night at work. I was going to start a thread but I figured someone must of already done.

I think I'm going to shoot my M1 this week.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did he jump in a ditch?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, that is actually James Yeager.

Yeager's IMDB lol

In 2011 Yeager was on the Discovery Channel show “One Man Army”, was featured on the National Geographic documentary “Snipers Inc”, "Student of the Gun”, and Yeager has appeared on “Friends of the NRA TV”. Yeager was on the cover of the 2012 “Combat” magazine by American Handgunner. He appeared in the motion picture “Daylight’s End” and “Cherokee Creek”.

Last paragraph:
Yeager's Bio at Tactical Response
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've wanted one since seeing that movie. If I could get one of these that'd accept a direct thread suppressor, I'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#38]
M1A thread!

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Real ones know.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go lift some weights, string bean.

Always wanted one, never bought one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Give ya 750 for it right now.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#42]
His knowledge of current events appears to be as out of date as the rifle he is reviewing.

Newsflash: Liberals are banning even obsolete firearms by name now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've wanted one since seeing that movie. If I could get one of these that'd accept a direct thread suppressor, I'd be all over it.
View Quote

Griffin makes a taper mount in M1A thread (19/32?).
https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-minimalist-stealth-flash-suppressor/

I'm about to buy that and the SEI gas block front sight for my Loaded so i can use my Optimus 9 on it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#44]
oops
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#45]
The video they talk about doing in the future on a suppressed socom 16 should be more useful.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#46]
His has an adjustable gas plug, and other goodies.  Gas plug is highly recommended.
But yeah what’s old is new again, I bought an old  NM model some years back.  Love it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Daylight's End Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Johnny Strong Movie
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#48]
A Springfield M1A was my first centerfire rifle.  It didn’t always go bang when I pulled the trigger nor leave any indication of a light strike on the primer…

I sold it.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#49]
The Springfield variation is a good rifle. You do need to be aware they are not "perfect" out of the box, but SAI will make it right. My Standard model went back due to an issue with the trigger housing that caused mags not to lock in properly. SAI paid shipping both ways and had it fixed quickly. It was a nice shooting rifle. Then I bought a Bula Paratrooper and sold the M1A. The Bula is very nice. This video makes me want to put a red dot on it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A Springfield M1A was my first centerfire rifle.  It didn’t always go bang when I pulled the trigger nor leave any indication of a light strike on the primer…

I sold it.  
View Quote

There was a guy trying to qualify long distance with a brand new Springfield in 6.5 creedmoor, north of 8 rounds it started to have an occasional hangfire.  At the 14 round count, every other round was a hangfire.  Sadly he couldn’t qualify that day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top