Your thread title says it did!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I should have been clearer: I thought fuel tankers were  built/designed so they didn't explode easily?
You are correct!

MC 306/DOT 406 spec tankers are generally what they use in the industry ( in the US) to haul gasoline, diesel, etc...they are generally constructed of aluminum, and melt from fire exposure/impengment to prevent BLEVEs. For the most part!

Its all by design and the oversite and regulations we have. Other countries pretty much do what they want and dont have the regs we have.

Which makes for pretty interesting youtube videos
The truck didn't explode.  The gasoline did.
No it doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No it doesn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I should have been clearer: I thought fuel tankers were  built/designed so they didn't explode easily?
You are correct!

MC 306/DOT 406 spec tankers are generally what they use in the industry ( in the US) to haul gasoline, diesel, etc...they are generally constructed of aluminum, and melt from fire exposure/impengment to prevent BLEVEs. For the most part!

Its all by design and the oversite and regulations we have. Other countries pretty much do what they want and dont have the regs we have.

No it doesn't.
It doesnt now because you just changed it....
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No cares,hope it was painful

You steal you pay the price
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct!

No it doesn't.

Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Deleted.  CoC 1.
View Quote
What made sense, your obvious and blatant racism?
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seems like I remember this happening a few years ago.
View Quote
This happens a lot in third world shitholes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, there's no way something like that could happen in a first world country like the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeez, the stupidity of people in third world countries is amazing. Suicide for 10 gallons of gas.
Yeah, there's no way something like that could happen in a first world country like the US.
3 days without power...
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't something similar to this recently happen in Mexico?
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For a minute there I thought it was Tasmania and the first thing that entered my mind was, "No way, white people are usually not that stupid. Except for Russians."

And then I focused my eyes and saw Tanzania. And it all made sense.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They likely were using containers other than gas cans (conductive) and I doubt they were siphoning in the real sense and were likely collecting spilling fuel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not likely to generate enough static for a spark with a siphon hose and a gas can.   Otherwise,  people would burn up in their garages on a regular basis.
They likely were using containers other than gas cans (conductive) and I doubt they were siphoning in the real sense and were likely collecting spilling fuel.
I once saw someone (in America) apparently trying to fill a grocery bag.  I assume it dissolved about 30 seconds later but I didn't stick around.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
62 people dead, no firearms used.

I know this was an accident but think if someone wanted to use a fuel truck to intentionally cause harm.
View Quote
This is why a HazMat endorsement on a CDL requires fingerprinting and an FBI background check... every damn time you renew your license.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:43:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:34:28 AM EDT
[#13]
People don't think BLEVE be like it is but it do
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:36:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Do they taste better when they're well done?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:37:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm surprised it hasn't happened here.Tankers full of gas just about everywhere-easy to grab one and have 5k gals of fuel.Grab some road flares and drive it into a Wal Mart or other crowded store and whoosh.........
View Quote
Incoming visit from the FBI, Cover you angus quick!
When I hauled avgas I think my tank held 7600-8K gallons.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#16]
That's not how they do it in Wakanda.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
RIP after roasting at hell on earth.  What a way to go.
View Quote
Yeah but anyone that survived and lost their skin will now likely die a slow painful death from infection. Doubt they have a decent burn unit anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Africa wins....again....
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah but anyone that survived and lost their skin will now likely die a slow painful death from infection. Doubt they have a decent burn unit anywhere.
View Quote
Yep.

Everything in Africa wants to kill you, all the time. Operate accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wait, they have mystical magic lizard piss?  How come we don't have that?
View Quote
Have you seen the iguanas in S. Florida?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"worst incidents of this kind"    If the author wasn't so prone to project negativity and would have looked at the silver lining, she could have written, 62 thieves smoked in attempt to steal gasoline.    She could have then added some flair to the story with something like, It really was like fishing on a bream bed...  I mean the possibilities are endless for an uplifting story instead of such a buzz kill piece she wrote..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The first line of the story says a lot.  "...one of the worst incidents of this kind in the country".

https://www.foxnews.com/world/tanker-truck-in-tanzania-explodes-as-people-siphon-fuel-at-least-62-killed

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/08/1862/1048/tanzania-1-AP.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A damaged tanker truck exploded in Tanzania Saturday, with at least 62 people burning to death, making it one of the worst incidents of this kind in the country.

At least 70 people more were injured, many suffering from serious burns, in the incident in the town of Morogoro – about 120 miles west of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania's economic capital – as people were trying to siphon fuel out of the tanker truck.

Tanzanian government spokesman Hassan Abbasi said the news of the deaths was “received with sadness” and sent condolences to the families of the victims.

Witnesses told the Associated Press that a crowd had gathered around the fuel tanker after it was involved in an accident early Saturday. People then rushed to try to siphon fuel, but the tanker burst into flames.
"worst incidents of this kind"    If the author wasn't so prone to project negativity and would have looked at the silver lining, she could have written, 62 thieves smoked in attempt to steal gasoline.    She could have then added some flair to the story with something like, It really was like fishing on a bream bed...  I mean the possibilities are endless for an uplifting story instead of such a buzz kill piece she wrote..
I bet that Liberals are secretly happy that 60 CO2 producers are gone.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When you see the phase "one of the worst incidents of this kind" used it leads you to believe that people stealing gas from a truck that subsequently explodes is, if not common, certainty not uncommon.

What they lost in gasoline they certainly gained in knowledge. If only briefly.
View Quote
It isn't uncommon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm surprised it hasn't happened here.Tankers full of gas just about everywhere-easy to grab one and have 5k gals of fuel.Grab some road flares and drive it into a Wal Mart or other crowded store and whoosh.........
View Quote
No problem, just create a law or ban gas altogether. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deleted.  CoC 1.
So now facts are racist?

Nice world the snowflakes have created.

BTW, did you forget Russians are white too?

If I meant to be racist why did I make an exception for Russians?

You're looking for CoC violations like snowflakes tend to do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#27]
So the world is missing a few gas thieves?

Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That one was brutal.  Everyone was running with a jug and then everyone was either dead or burned.  
View Quote
If you saw the video taken during the day, when everyone was trying to catch the gasoline spraying out of the pipeline, getting covered in gas, standing knee-deep in a trench filled with gas, you knew the inevitable human BBQ was coming.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
3 days without power...  
View Quote
I'm sure we came close after Katrina.  I know one of our tankers was down in New Orleans hauling fuel and it got hijacked at gunpoint.  They found the truck abandoned just over a block away when the hijackers couldn't figure out how to shift beyond 5th gear (15mph).

Had they been able to get that truck to someplace in the hood where crowds could have gathered 'round to get their share, I'm sure some thing similar to what happened in Tanzania would have taken place.  And the media would have said it was Bush's fault, too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Saw video of a previous iteration of this.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is why a HazMat endorsement on a CDL requires fingerprinting and an FBI background check... every damn time you renew your license.
View Quote
But I can be elected President of the country without providing a Birth Certificate.

Link Posted: 8/12/2019 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#32]
In all fairness Africans are used to taking staggering casualties over retarded reasons.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top