Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I think scientists are pro-gun, and this is to help kill any real support or interest FOR the new anti-gun bills.

It's probably not even true about the it being maybe-closer to eruption.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Well guys, It’s been fun...
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
All further protests and Ant¡fa gatherings will be permanently held near Yellowstone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm calling bs.  If this were a serious threat, there would be 87 Hollywood disaster films about it.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
My attitude on this.  I mean, if Big Yeller Mama decides to pop, smother half the continent in scalding 2000 degree ash and throw the entire world in a sunshade winter, just what is there within mankind's grasp that can do to prevent it.  

Not one damn thing. So why sweat it?

My brother lives a two hundred miles east of it. He and his wife keep some lawn chairs and a bottle of booze in the mud room.  He said they keep those at the ready in case it does pop.  They don't want to miss the view because if it does come it will be impressive.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you're saying that the previous eruption was sufficiently catastrophic that it reset evolutionary progress planet-wide?

There are a lot of scientists who would be very interested to hear this.  You should write to them with your findings.
View Quote
I don't think he said that at all.  He said the last eruption was 670,000 years ago.  How much extinction occurred?  How much evolution could occur in less than 1 million years?

We obviously didn't go all the way back to evolving from bacteria and protozoa.

670,000 years ago was in the time of Homo Erectus.  Homo Erectus wasn't made extinct by the last eruption.  There was enough time to evolve from Homo Erectus but certainly not enough time to evolve from Homo Bentus or Homo Crawlus.

I think the comment was that while the last eruption was bad, many species survived.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]
My Google calendar tells me I'm free anytime before lunch on Monday. After that I'm booked until Thurs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My Google calendar tells me I'm free anytime before lunch on Monday. After that I'm booked until Thurs.
View Quote
These things have a way of freeing up calendars  
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

These things have a way of freeing up calendars  
View Quote
Is it bad that secretly deep down I'm OK with it popping off so I don't not have to go to work for awhile?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The last big blast killed nearly everyone ( like maybe a couple hundred humans were left) and wiped out a ton of human genetic diversity, but don't worry, I and my progeny will survive-some day space aliens will be facing down short fat Irishmen with bifocals and pump action rifles
View Quote
That's because not even volcanic ash wants to settle in Syracuse.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#14]
In before "winter is coming" jpeg?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The last big blast killed nearly everyone ( like maybe a couple hundred humans were left) and wiped out a ton of human genetic diversity, but don't worry, I and my progeny will survive-some day space aliens will be facing down short fat Irishmen with bifocals and pump action rifles
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My attitude on this.  I mean, if Big Yeller Mama decides to pop, smother half the continent in scalding 2000 degree ash and throw the entire world in a sunshade winter, just what is there within mankind's grasp that can do to prevent it.  

My brother lives a two hundred miles east of it. He and his wife keep some lawn chairs and a bottle of booze in the mud room.  He said they keep those at the ready in case it does pop.  They don't want to miss the view because if it does come it will be impressive.
Why isn't it listed as one of the 5 mass extinction events?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#16]
OH TEH NO'S,...... GIVE US MORE GRANT MONIEZ TO SUDY DIS PLEZ. !!
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a look at the map Yorker. If that area get hammered you will starve to death in a year or end up being cannibal food.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why isn't it listed as one of the 5 mass extinction events?
View Quote
What he is talking about is a bad hypothesis that the Toba eruption about 70,000 years ago resulted in a bottleneck seen in human DNA.

All they have to go on is the two events happened in a similar time frame.  Proponents ignore the larger eruptions that occurred without any corresponding die-off.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top