Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/9/2010 5:21:54 PM EDT
This is from October, I guess I missed it.   Its George Soros discussing how we need to have a managed decline in the US dollar.

We need to include China in the New World Order to have appropriate representation based on its size

Special Drawing Rights can be used to act as a world currency, to replace the dollar.

China will replace the American consumer as the motor that drives the World Economy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDsaI0BFTsk

Now I post this mainly becuse I am interested in how this relates to our current administration.

1. Is the sudden attempted bankrupting of the US by these increased unfundable entitlements and bailouts part of the managed decline?

2.  by declining the US dollar and replacing it as the world reserve currency and coupling that with the increased burden of taxes to fund the burdens of the green movement and increased entitlements.   How badly will this decrease the standard of living here in the states?

example:  today we buy cheap products and replace them with cheaper products 5 years down the road. 5 years from now, will a 2K widget cost us say 6-8K? Now not only wlll it cost more, our decrease in take home, due to increased taxes, will that device that cost 2K be more as if it cost 8-10K now.

So how badly will this affect our standard of living decline or will the micronization and advancement of technology counterbalance this loss of buying power to keep our standard of living within a relative close rate to our current?
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
"Speculators should be shot"

~ Dr Mohathir Mohammed,
Malaysia Prime Minister referring to George Soros and others at the IMF/World Bank meeting in Hong Kong. (September, 1997)

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

"Soros should be shot"

~ Dr Mohathir Mohammed,
Malaysia Prime Minister referring to George Soros and others at the IMF/World Bank meeting in Hong Kong. (September, 1997)

Fixed it for ya.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If we were Israel he would already be victim of a Mossad hit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If Soros is eyeing the decline of the Dollar you can bet your ass that it will happen. He lives to crush global economies.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If Soros is eyeing the decline of the Dollar you can bet your ass that it will happen. He lives to crush global economies.

But why?

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I too am wondering why this guy is still breathing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck, where has he been since 2002?

Managed decline was fucking Bush's policy for 6 years.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes he does.  He is one of the few individuals that I consider to be pure evil.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?

To get rich, that and I believe the man to be evil incarnate.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Its stuff like this that keeps me up at night.  

Sigh.....

Originally
Posted By Strykewolf:

Originally
Posted By Tony7189:

If Soros is eyeing the decline of the
Dollar you can bet your ass that it will happen. He lives to crush
global economies.
Yes he does.  He is one of the few individuals
that I consider to be pure evil.

I concur.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Where does George Soros live?
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he does.  He is one of the few individuals that I consider to be pure evil.

LOL, i just posted the same sentiment.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?

just guessing, but I imainge its becuase guys like him have no loyalty to country, they believe in a one world where all countries are basically equal.

example is Obama in speech to UN national assembly

. "The time has come for the world to move in a new direction," Obama said. "Our work must begin now." "In an era where our destiny is shared, power is no longer a zero-sum game," Obama said. "No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. That is the future America wants." Obama said that Iran and North Korea "must be held accountable" if they continue to put their pursuit of nuclear weapons ahead of international security. "The world must stand together to demonstrate that international law is not an empty promise and that treaties will be enforced." On the warming planet, he said "the danger posed by climate change cannot be denied - and our responsibility to meet it must not be deferred." The president said "this is why the days when America dragged its feet on this issue are over." He said he understood the temptation of nations to put economic recovery from recession ahead of work to address climate change, but said that must not be allowed to happen.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?

just guessing, but I imainge its becuase guys like him have no loyalty to country, they believe in a one world

example is Obama in speech to UN national assembly

. "The time has come for the world to move in a new direction," Obama said. "Our work must begin now." "In an era where our destiny is shared, power is no longer a zero-sum game," Obama said. "No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. That is the future America wants." Obama said that Iran and North Korea "must be held accountable" if they continue to put their pursuit of nuclear weapons ahead of international security. "The world must stand together to demonstrate that international law is not an empty promise and that treaties will be enforced." On the warming planet, he said "the danger posed by climate change cannot be denied - and our responsibility to meet it must not be deferred." The president said "this is why the days when America dragged its feet on this issue are over." He said he understood the temptation of nations to put economic recovery from recession ahead of work to address climate change, but said that must not be allowed to happen.

Seems his loyalty is to greed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Probably in a very secure place, he has many enemies
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#18]
When the Revolution comes, his billions will not save him from the wall.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't like the guy any more than any of you guys do, but the mythos of Soros the currency destroyer is nonsense.

He broke the pound because it needed breaking, nobodies fault but the Brits for letting themselves get into a position where they could be broken.

Most of what Soros said in that quote is just simple common sense extrapolation of current events and trends into the future, a managed decline is pretty much a best case scenario for the dollar, not because of any conspiracy but simply because we've created those circumstances.

Our ability to benefit from our status in the world is dependent on our not abusing it so far that we lose it, and economically we've really been pushing things for a long time.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

forbes says NewYork

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/L9II.html
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I too am wondering why this guy is still breathing.

obama only orders the assassination of US citizens.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"Soros should be shot"
~ Dr Mohathir Mohammed,

Fixed it for ya.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sensing a trend here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?

Soros makes quite a bit of his money by "short-selling" of currencies.

A short sell is when you sell a product that you do not own, and then replace it with the identical product at (ideally) a lower price.

When I was a stockbroker for 15 years, we did quite a bit of short-selling of stocks.

In this, you would sell X number of shares of ABC stock at a price –– say 50 dollars a share.  You'd ride this in your margin account until it (ideally) declined to your target.

During this time, your account would show negative (-) X number of shares of ABC stock.

When your target price is met–– say 30 dollars per share, you would place a buy order for the negative amount of stock.  This would zero or flatten your position in ABC stock, and you would net the difference in the prices as profit.  In this example, you would net 20 dollars a share.

Soros does essentially the same thing with world currencies.  In his case, he would sell dollars on the currency exchange–– receiving payment in whatever currency he is trading against the dollar.  When the dollar experiences a decline, he would use another currency to purchase dollars to zero or flatten his negative position in dollars.  He would net out a gain in the decline of the dollar.

Short sellers have their place in markets, but Soros uses his short-selling as an attack on America.

–– John
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I would like to live in that alternate reality.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

dont kid yourself, guys like this will be long gone before anthing like that happens.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"Soros should be shot"
~ Dr Mohathir Mohammed,

Fixed it for ya.  

Hell, even my WIFE thinks that bastard needs to die.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?

Because the asshole gets rich off of it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont kid yourself, guys like this will be long gone before anthing like that happens.

You would be surprised.  Arrogance leads to staying too long.  

Besides, if the US goes belly up, the world economy goes belly up.  His money would be toilet paper.  WHO would take him in?

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

He is that evil guy in all the movies who is making it to the helicopter pad on the roof of the building as the zombies are breaking through the front doors.

Of course, in the MOVIES, there is always one that gets him just when he thinks he is safe.

This won't be like the movies.

–– John
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would be surprised.  Arrogance leads to staying too long.  

Besides, if the US goes belly up, the world economy goes belly up.  His money would be toilet paper.  WHO would take him in?

Youre kidding right??

Fucking Asshole hussein would make him the  Fed chief in a heartbeat.

Two asshole buddies if ya ask me.

Got the same end in mind: Being able to oversee the destruction of America.

Fucking cocksucker would probably get wood if he sees the SHTF for us
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I hope he attains room temperature pretty soon.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Soros is a real life Bond villain. He has made a fortune, and a hobby of destroying entire nation's economies and putting tens of millions of people in to poverty.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe commie billionaires who make their money by short selling currencies in an attempt to manipulate the global economy should be regulated a bit more.....

Let's start by limiting CEO pay...

-Brian
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Sometimes I wish I were President, I would break out my Pen and rescind the ban on assassinations.  Then I would tell Soros he will resume room temperature if he continues his course of action.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#35]
A 60 minutes interview, where he discusses his time working with the Nazis pretending to be a Christian.  The most telling in his personality is the very last section.   I dont throw it around lightly, but he may be a sociopath.   4% of the population are sociopaths, he may be one.

TV
This is the relevant portion of the transcript (from the 20 December 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes):

Quote:
KROFT: (Voiceover) To understand the complexities and contradictions in his personality, you have to go back to the very beginning: to Budapest, where George Soros was born 68 years ago to parents who were wealthy, well-educated and Jewish.

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ... by –– by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and –– and anticipate events and when –– when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a –– a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's –– that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not –– not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't –– you don't see the connection. But it was –– it created no –– no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c –– I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was –– well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets –– that if I weren't there –– of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would –– would –– would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the –– whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the –– I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.

The Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless Versus the Rest of Us
By: Stout, Martha Phd
Published By: Broadway Books

I havent read the book, but find this part very interesting.

Imagine––if you can––not having a conscience, none at all, no feelings of guilt or remorse no matter what you do, no limiting sense of concern for the well-being of strangers, friends, or even family members. Imagine no struggles with shame, not a single one in your whole life, no matter what kind of selfish, lazy, harmful, or immoral action you had taken. And pretend that the concept of responsibility is unknown to you, except as a burden others seem to accept without question, like gullible fools. Now add to this strange fantasy the ability to conceal from other people that your psychological makeup is radically different from theirs. Since everyone simply assumes that conscience is universal among human beings, hiding the fact that you are conscience-free is nearly effortless. You are not held back from any of your desires by guilt or shame, and you are never confronted by others for your cold-bloodedness. The ice water in your veins is so bizarre, so completely outside of their personal experience, that they seldom even guess at your condition.

In other words, you are completely free of internal restraints, and your unhampered liberty to do just as you please, with no pangs of conscience, is conveniently invisible to the world. You can do anything at all, and still your strange advantage over the majority of people, who are kept in line by their consciences, will most likely remain undiscovered.
How will you live your life? What will you do with your huge and secret advantage, and with the corresponding handicap of other people (conscience)? The answer will depend largely on just what your desires happen to be, because people are not all the same. Even the profoundly unscrupulous are not all the same. Some people–– whether they have a conscience or not–– favor the ease of inertia, while others are filled with dreams and wild ambitions. Some human beings are brilliant and talented, some are dull-witted, and most, conscience or not, are somewhere in between. There are violent people and nonviolent ones, individuals who are motivated by bloodlust and those who have no such appetites.

Maybe you are someone who craves money and power, and though you have no vestige of conscience, you do have a magnificent IQ. You have the driving nature and the intellectual capacity to pursue tremendous wealth and influence, and you are in no way moved by the nagging voice of conscience that prevents other people from doing everything and anything they have to do to succeed. You choose business, politics, the law, banking, international development, or any of a broad array of other power professions, and you pursue your career with a cold passion that tolerates none of the usual moral or legal incumbrances. When it is expedient, you doctor the accounting and shred the evidence, you stab your employees and your clients (or your constituency) in the back, marry for money, tell lethal premeditated lies to people who trust you, attempt to ruin colleagues who are powerful or eloquent, and simply steam-roll over groups who are dependent and voiceless. And all of this you do with the exquisite freedom that results from having no conscience whatsoever.
You become unimaginably, unassailably, and maybe even globally successful. Why not? With your big brain, and no conscience to rein in your schemes, you can do anything at all.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?

I have been thinking about this...

I think it is the liberal equivalent to big game safari hunters.  They want to kill something big and massive for nothing other than the pride in saying they did it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I've always found him to be a Dr. Evil kind of guy.  His views are opposite mine and his religion is finding or helping crisis along and profiting from them.

I truly believe he thinks we as Americans will never be socialist enough and has given up on the US.  He also believes that we must suffer in order to move into a "green" economy because he thinks that is where the future is.  

Is he brilliant?  Yes.  That doesn't make him a good man though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

A 60 minutes interview, where he discusses his time working with the Nazis pretending to be a Christian.  The most telling in his personality is the very last section.   I dont throw it around lightly, but he may be a sociopath.   4% of the population are sociopaths, he may be one.

SNIP

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c –– I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was –– well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets –– that if I weren't there –– of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would –– would –– would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the –– whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the –– I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.

I've read some of his books.  He doesn't have a positive outlook on people and their unpredictable behavior.  That is why he his Democratic foundations are always socialist in nature.  You can play, but play by my rules because you will hurt yourself sort of mentality.  

You get a lot of info about where he thinks we should be going from this video.  It's 54 minutes but if you want to learn about the man and have time watch it.  He of course thinks Obama is right but that not all of his policies are right and trust he, what he wants isn't what I or many of you would like to see.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lSG_jZjRbg

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm actually kind of surprised Putin hasn't had the man put down for his meddling in Russia, well Soviet Union then I guess.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A 60 minutes interview, where he discusses his time working with the Nazis pretending to be a Christian.

It's a shame they didn't find him out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Isn't China's economic bubble worse than ours? By a huge margin?
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Soros has a plan and it isn't good for you and me...
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Soros needs to be arrested and deported, that fucking commie cock sucking bastard!!  EAT SHIT AND DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

I've read some of his books.  He doesn't have a positive outlook on people and their unpredictable behavior.  That is why he his Democratic foundations are always socialist in nature.  You can play, but play by my rules because you will hurt yourself sort of mentality.  

You get a lot of info about where he thinks we should be going from this video.  It's 54 minutes but if you want to learn about the man and have time watch it.  He of course thinks Obama is right but that not all of his policies are right and trust he, what he wants isn't what I or many of you would like to see.  

It's about control.  They are petrified of not having it.  It would put them on the same footing as everyone else, which they see themselves as being above.  The whole wanting to take care of people thing is just a facade....

-Brian

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?

Power.

Next question.

BTW: You people read too much into him. Evil exists, and it is strong in this man.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

It's about control.  They are petrified of not having it.  It would put them on the same footing as everyone else, which they see themselves as being above.  The whole wanting to take care of people thing is just a facade....

-Brian

Oh I agree.  He doesn't believe people in general can make decisions without ever making a wrong one.  This is 100% true.  So how do you make sure people always make the right decision?  You control what decisions they make and then you control how they make the decision.

He pretty much admits that without controls that he believes in he can do the things he does; i.e. implement socialist economic controls or you'll see what can happen.

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm sensing a trend here.

If you don't already have a "list", you just haven't been paying attention.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#49]
America's decline began in the '70s when industry (the corporations) first began looking at off-shoring middle class jobs.  The '80s was the decade of greed and it introduced the golden parachutes which were often awarded at the expense of the shareholder.  The bigger the parachute, the smaller (or no) the dividend. Corporations concentrated on maximizing profits (and to maximize parachutes).  Off shoring became more common.  Today, most of the middle class jobs are gone.

We have been encouraged through the housing bubble (an orchestrated event by the Federal Reserve) to spend freely and frequently.  Americans plunged themselves into debt.  Then the bubble burst.  To compound the problem, rather than let thing adjust normally, the stimulus bills were passed first by Bush and then Obama.  This incurred greater public debt which in turn creates greater debt obligation on the American taxpayer.  It has become like a third world nation where our childrens' children must work to pay off the debts incurred by this generation (thank you Bush and Barry for bailing out the investment firms that created this mess and then for bloating the public debt).  Destroying the US dollar may be the only way for our childrens' children to escape it.  Unfortunately, we're going to take a big hit when our dollar goes down the toilet (think of the German wheelbarrow of marks in the Wiemar Republic).  It's going to happen and the only real question is when.

F*ck Goldman Sacks, F*ck AIG (who takes care of Congress's retirement), F*ck the Federal Reserve, F*ck Soros.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
America's decline began in the '70s when industry (the corporations) first began looking at off-shoring middle class jobs.  The '80s was the decade of greed and it introduced the golden parachutes which were often awarded at the expense of the shareholder.  The bigger the parachute, the smaller (or no) the dividend. Corporations concentrated on maximizing profits (and to maximize parachutes).  Off shoring became more common.  Today, most of the middle class jobs are gone.

We have been encouraged through the housing bubble (an orchestrated event by the Federal Reserve) to spend freely and frequently.  Americans plunged themselves into debt.  Then the bubble burst.  To compound the problem, rather than let thing adjust normally, the stimulus bills were passed first by Bush and then Obama.  This incurred greater public debt which in turn creates greater debt obligation on the American taxpayer.  It has become like a third world nation where our childrens' children must work to pay off the debts incurred by this generation (thank you Bush and Barry for bailing out the investment firms that created this mess and then for bloating the public debt).  Destroying the US dollar may be the only way for our childrens' children to escape it.  Unfortunately, we're going to take a big hit when our dollar goes down the toilet (think of the German wheelbarrow of marks in the Wiemar Republic).  It's going to happen and the only real question is when.

F*ck Goldman Sacks, F*ck AIG (who takes care of Congress's retirement), F*ck the Federal Reserve, F*ck Soros.

Are Bush and Barry really to blame or is this a game by the global bankers?   Who are the ones that tell Bush and Barry that the market will collapse/blood in the streets etc if they do not sign this bailout for example?   ie. who are pulling the strings? Is it unelected bankers that control the economy on the way up and on the way down or is it really Clinton, Bush and Barry just making mistakes?

Why did Andrew Jackson fight the banks?

As President, Jackson worked to rescind the bank's(bank of the US) federal charter. In Jackson's veto message (written by George Bancroft), the bank needed to be abolished because:

* It concentrated the nation's financial strength in a single institution.
   * It exposed the government to control by foreign interests.
   * It served mainly to make the rich richer.
   * It exercised too much control over members of Congress.
   * It favored northeastern states over southern and western states.

What would Andrew Jackson think about our Federal Reserve?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top