User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think its something a lot of people forget - there were tons of children in this who experienced some of the worst horrors ever. For all the braggard bravado in this thread, people don't want to look at the real nature of the war.

The things my grandma saw were beyond belief, and they're things you don't often hear about. It's only been within the past 5 years or so that she's started sharing them... likely because she knows when she's gone those memories are gone. A 9 year old seeing Things like Dresden where bodies were everywhere and being placed in piles to burn up? The smell, sounds, and sights associated with that, for days on end, with the looming fear of Russians who you just saw rape, loot, and kill coming in on top of that?

I will never be convinced that widespread bombing of cities was the proper approach. Ever. I know you'll have bad asses here commenting that "hurr durr Germans deserved it" - but what does a child have anything to do with deserving such a thing? Anyone who has a child could never imagine having to put their kid through the real horrors of what happened there.

It's those same bad asses here who have never seen a real all out war and talk shit. I thought it was "neat" too and that America were bad asses who beat those evil Nazis until I saw and heard the stories first hand. Then my mindset changed. I started looking into things myself. Talking to people who were in the actual war, and who were victims of it. Talking to people who lived there about the situation before, and after the war. There's so much information not in history books.

At the end of the day, the biggest victims weren't the soldiers, its the families. The normal workers going about life trying to make ends meet. The farmers who just want to be left alone and enjoy the land. Fathers and brothers who are to this day permanently missing. Mothers who were killed trying to bring their children to safety on trains that got strafed. Children who never got to see their parent(s) again, and lived their entire adult life wishing their parent(s) were there for their birthdays, Christmas, etc. Tons of families were never made whole again. That message is often lost.

WWII was a war unlike anyone has seen since. All the other wars since then pale in comparison. Somewhere along the way between then and now, we, as the west forgot what was important in life. We lost our moral compass, and allowed subversion to rot us from within. At some point we stopped caring about what's really important and the lessons learned from that struggle. Sadly, because of this, I believe we will see another such world war in my generation. There's too much in common between the events leading up to then and now, and while history doesn't repeat itself, it sure as heck rhymes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All of those people are dead.

Dude at 1:43 has style.
Not completely true. Plenty of veterans around.

Also tons of the children still around. My grandmother was 9 when the war ended and experienced Dresden first hand.
Emotions took hold.

I think its something a lot of people forget - there were tons of children in this who experienced some of the worst horrors ever. For all the braggard bravado in this thread, people don't want to look at the real nature of the war.

The things my grandma saw were beyond belief, and they're things you don't often hear about. It's only been within the past 5 years or so that she's started sharing them... likely because she knows when she's gone those memories are gone. A 9 year old seeing Things like Dresden where bodies were everywhere and being placed in piles to burn up? The smell, sounds, and sights associated with that, for days on end, with the looming fear of Russians who you just saw rape, loot, and kill coming in on top of that?

I will never be convinced that widespread bombing of cities was the proper approach. Ever. I know you'll have bad asses here commenting that "hurr durr Germans deserved it" - but what does a child have anything to do with deserving such a thing? Anyone who has a child could never imagine having to put their kid through the real horrors of what happened there.

It's those same bad asses here who have never seen a real all out war and talk shit. I thought it was "neat" too and that America were bad asses who beat those evil Nazis until I saw and heard the stories first hand. Then my mindset changed. I started looking into things myself. Talking to people who were in the actual war, and who were victims of it. Talking to people who lived there about the situation before, and after the war. There's so much information not in history books.

At the end of the day, the biggest victims weren't the soldiers, its the families. The normal workers going about life trying to make ends meet. The farmers who just want to be left alone and enjoy the land. Fathers and brothers who are to this day permanently missing. Mothers who were killed trying to bring their children to safety on trains that got strafed. Children who never got to see their parent(s) again, and lived their entire adult life wishing their parent(s) were there for their birthdays, Christmas, etc. Tons of families were never made whole again. That message is often lost.

WWII was a war unlike anyone has seen since. All the other wars since then pale in comparison. Somewhere along the way between then and now, we, as the west forgot what was important in life. We lost our moral compass, and allowed subversion to rot us from within. At some point we stopped caring about what's really important and the lessons learned from that struggle. Sadly, because of this, I believe we will see another such world war in my generation. There's too much in common between the events leading up to then and now, and while history doesn't repeat itself, it sure as heck rhymes.

WWII was total war, the US hasn't fought one of those since then.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Amazing, thanks for posting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
That is some fantastic film, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I find that very hard to believe.

View Quote

I've only once in all the times I've been there met an anti american asshole. It was a girl working the cash register at a Lidl in Essen who threw my wifes change on the counter when she held her hand out for it. Told her she probably didn't like that she was married to an American, she laughed and siad her loss, LOL.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think any GI is going to get any pussy from her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got a good chuckle out of the bitter girl at 1:10. Sorry your family is dead, babe. Don't blame us. Don't start no shit won't be no shit.

I don't think any GI is going to get any pussy from her.

She'll let you fuck her for a chocolate bar.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top