BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought I’ve made my position very clear, multiple times.  I don’t give a shit about this war.  I don’t care how long it lasts or doesn’t last.  I don’t care who wins.  I don’t care who loses.  All I care about is NATO’s involvement and that involvement escalating to the point of endangering people within the US and a potential nuclear confrontation on a global scale.

This is all just one big deflection from real problems happening here in America to real Americans that the regime is actually causing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

NATO would envelop Ukraine in defense pact under new plan pitched by big European members of Western alliance

Germany, France and Britain seeking to encourage Ukrainian peace talks with Russia on anniversary of Putin’s unprovoked invasion

Germany, France and Britain see stronger ties between NATO and Ukraine as a way to encourage Kyiv to start peace talks with Russia even if Moscow continues to occupy Ukrainian territory, officials from the three governments said.

U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak last week laid out a blueprint for an agreement to give Ukraine much broader access to advanced military equipment, weapons and ammunition to defend itself once the war ends. He said the plan should be on the agenda for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s annual meeting in July.

A year into the war, Paris and Berlin also support the initiative and all three governments see it as a way to boost Ukrainian confidence and give the government there an incentive to start talks with Russia, the French, German and British officials said.

The officials were careful to say that any decision on when and under what conditions any peace talks start is entirely up to Ukraine. Sunak on Friday said the West should give Ukraine arms that would give it a “decisive advantage” on the battlefield, including warplanes.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nato-would-envelop-ukraine-in-defense-pact-under-new-plan-pitched-by-big-european-members-of-western-alliance-ab129e4a

Explain what’s bad about that for anyone but Russia….

You yahoos keep making fun of my thread title and thread theme as I keep posting quotes, stories, etc… that continue backing up my initial claim.

…and the beat goes on!

Joining NATO was never mentioned in your article.

What does “imminent” mean in your world? What is the time frame, or will you will be saying “any day now”, in a decade?

Do you not understand the meaning of phrases like “defense pact”, “stronger ties”, and “broader access”?

I’m hearing projections that “something” could happen that would open the door to NATO troops going to Ukraine to fight directly with Russia as early as this summer.  That’s if things go on a “normal” projection without a dramatic escalation between now and then.  

Ukraine’s membership isn’t the goal here as direct confrontation between NATO and Russia is the goal.  Hopefully, you all can conclude what comes after that and so on.

Do you want the war to end or not?

Ukraine should be looking for how to avoid being invaded by Russia again in a few years.  There has been one way which has worked for other FSRs.

I thought I’ve made my position very clear, multiple times.  I don’t give a shit about this war.  I don’t care how long it lasts or doesn’t last.  I don’t care who wins.  I don’t care who loses.  All I care about is NATO’s involvement and that involvement escalating to the point of endangering people within the US and a potential nuclear confrontation on a global scale.

This is all just one big deflection from real problems happening here in America to real Americans that the regime is actually causing.

For someone who “doesn’t give a shit”, you talk about it a lot…

NATO was created to counter just this kind of thing- you know that, don’t you?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

“Ukraine’s membership isn’t the goal here”

Wait, your whole thread says it is the goal…

“direct confrontation between NATO and Russia is the goal”

Whose goal?  Please be specific.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

NATO would envelop Ukraine in defense pact under new plan pitched by big European members of Western alliance

Germany, France and Britain seeking to encourage Ukrainian peace talks with Russia on anniversary of Putin’s unprovoked invasion

Germany, France and Britain see stronger ties between NATO and Ukraine as a way to encourage Kyiv to start peace talks with Russia even if Moscow continues to occupy Ukrainian territory, officials from the three governments said.

U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak last week laid out a blueprint for an agreement to give Ukraine much broader access to advanced military equipment, weapons and ammunition to defend itself once the war ends. He said the plan should be on the agenda for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s annual meeting in July.

A year into the war, Paris and Berlin also support the initiative and all three governments see it as a way to boost Ukrainian confidence and give the government there an incentive to start talks with Russia, the French, German and British officials said.

The officials were careful to say that any decision on when and under what conditions any peace talks start is entirely up to Ukraine. Sunak on Friday said the West should give Ukraine arms that would give it a “decisive advantage” on the battlefield, including warplanes.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nato-would-envelop-ukraine-in-defense-pact-under-new-plan-pitched-by-big-european-members-of-western-alliance-ab129e4a

You yahoos keep making fun of my thread title and thread theme as I keep posting quotes, stories, etc… that continue backing up my initial claim.

…and the beat goes on!

What does “imminent” mean in your world? What is the time frame, or will you will be saying “any day now”, in a decade?

Do you not understand the meaning of phrases like “defense pact”, “stronger ties”, and “broader access”?

I’m hearing projections that “something” could happen that would open the door to NATO troops going to Ukraine to fight directly with Russia as early as this summer.  That’s if things go on a “normal” projection without a dramatic escalation between now and then.  

Ukraine’s membership isn’t the goal here as direct confrontation between NATO and Russia is the goal.  Hopefully, you all can conclude what comes after that and so on.

I just did, again.  If you can’t understand my position on this and concerns resulting from this after almost 20 pages and numerous other threads, then perhaps you should just stick to watching cat videos.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Ukraine should be looking for how to avoid being invaded by Russia again in a few years.  There has been one way which has worked for other FSRs.

UKRAINE IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN A MEMBER OF NATO.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just did, again.  If you can’t understand my position on this and concerns resulting from this after almost 20 pages and numerous other threads, then perhaps you should just stick to watching cat videos.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Ok, since you apparently didn’t understand the question, I’ll ask again:

Who has the specific goal of “direct confrontation between NATO and Russia”?  You won’t or can’t give a direct answer for some bizarre reason.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Brilliant observation… But if you were under direct threat from Russia, why wouldn’t you want to join or seek help from an organization to contain Russian aggression?  What would be wrong with that?

If you were an organization formed specifically to contain Russian expansionism, why wouldn’t you react to Russian expansionism?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who has the specific goal of “direct confrontation between NATO and Russia”?  You won’t or can’t give a direct answer for some bizarre reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

NATO lead by Biden puppetmasters

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Who are the “puppet masters”?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

You act as if you’ve just logged into this site and heard this for the first time.  Do you believe Biden is actually making decisions?

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Brilliant observation… But if you were under direct threat from Russia, why wouldn’t you want to join or seek help from an organization to contain Russian aggression?  What would be wrong with that?

If you were an organization formed specifically to contain Russian expansionism, why wouldn’t you react to Russian expansionism?
View Quote

NATO was formed to contain Soviet aggression.  At the start and up until the fall of the Soviet empire it made much more sense than it does today.  Now it's more akin to finishing off some old crazy Fudd in a wheelchair.  An old half-dead and nearly blind Fudd with nuclear weapons that doesn't have much left to lose.  At least that evil turdburglar Lindsay Graham announced the goal out loud.  It's regime change, baby, but with no plan for the aftermath.  Sound familiar?  We've tried it a few times in the last 80 years and it always blows up in our faces.  I'm sure it'll be different this time....
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You act as if you’ve just logged into this site and heard this for the first time.  Do you believe Biden is actually making decisions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Don’t dodge, answer the question.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

How would I know?  Again do you believe Biden is actually making decisions?

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

NATO was formed to contain Soviet aggression.  At the start and up until the fall of the Soviet empire it made much more sense than it does today.  Now it's more akin to finishing off some old crazy Fudd in a wheelchair.  An old half-dead and nearly blind Fudd with nuclear weapons that doesn't have much left to lose.  At least that evil turdburglar Lindsay Graham announced the goal out loud.  It's regime change, baby, but with no plan for the aftermath.  Sound familiar?  We've tried it a few times in the last 80 years and it always blows up in our faces.  I'm sure it'll be different this time....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who sits at the Soviet Union's permanent seat on the Security Council?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putin’s war of expansion sure looks a lot like “trying to get the (Soviet) band back together” to me.Countering an aggressive nuclear power, headquartered in Moscow, trying to militarily expand its sphere of influence sounds like its right in NATO’s wheelhouse, wouldn’t you think?  

That countries (former Soviet client states) under direct threat (assuming they don’t actually want to be part of Soviet Union v2.0) would seek help from an organization specifically created for that threat seems like a no brainer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

So a bunch of folks you can’t identify are so brilliant that they manipulated poor, innocent Russia into a fight in Ukraine, and similarly manipulated Ukraine into seeking aid, so that, somewhere down the line, they can trick poor Russia into starting a nuclear exchange because… reasons?

And this nebulous threat is so important that you have to go on about it for this many pages.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So a bunch of folks you can’t identify are so brilliant that they manipulated poor, innocent Russia into a fight in Ukraine, and similarly manipulated Ukraine into seeking aid, so that, somewhere down the line, they can trick poor Russia into starting a nuclear exchange because… reasons?

And this nebulous threat is so important that you have to go on about it for this many pages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Stop deflecting.  Answer my question.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

You’re the one that has all the answers, not me.

You want me to answer questions about people that you think exist but can’t identify…

I’m not privy to the inner workings of the Biden household.  I’m absolutely sure a lot of folks vie for influence over the decisions made by the president.  How much influence any particular individual, who you yourself can’t seem to identify, has is beyond my knowledge.  If it wasn’t, maybe I’d start 20 page rants about nothing too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You want me to answer questions about people that you think exist but can’t identify…

I’m not privy to the inner workings of the Biden household.  I’m absolutely sure a lot of folks vie for influence over the decisions made by the president.  How much influence any particular individual, who you yourself can’t seem to identify, has is beyond my knowledge.  If it wasn’t, maybe I’d start 20 page rants about nothing too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

It was a simple yes or no question.

Yes

or

No

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes

or

No

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Yes

or

No

Thread sliding your own thread again?  Weird.

Ok, the answer is neither “yes”, nor “no”.  It’s “I don’t know”.

Read my post again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Read my post again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Yes

or

No

Read my post again.

You don’t know, huh?

Do you believe the election was legitimate or stolen?

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Imagine what it would look like if all the decisions being made at the highest level of our government, were being made by a dementia-addled idiot who was an idiot even in his prime...

Would it look any different?
View Quote

Capability is a viable question, too.

Is Biden even capable of making decisions?  I’m sure that capability is hampered even more with listening to multiple advisors and then coming to a conclusion based on those recommendations.

Some seem perplexed that I even bring up the question yet the media should be bringing up those questions, too.

We all know why they don’t, because they protecting the regime.  I question if some here are doing the exact same thing as the media?

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You don’t know, huh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Yes

or

No

Read my post again.

You don’t know, huh?

Can you report yourself for sliding your own thread?  You’re kind of all over the place.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No mention of Russia or the Soviet Union:

View Quote

Oh, please.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Can you report yourself for sliding your own thread?  You’re kind of all over the place.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69531/9FA413C3-07A0-4ED3-8E3A-2DC9ADD8936B-2727650.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Yes

or

No

Read my post again.

You don’t know, huh?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69531/9FA413C3-07A0-4ED3-8E3A-2DC9ADD8936B-2727650.jpg

It’s all related yet you either don’t see it or are intentionally deflecting.  

I answered your questions yet you avoid answering my questions. What are you so afraid of revealing about yourself?

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I answered your questions yet you avoid answering my questions. What are you so afraid of revealing about yourself?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Yes

or

No

Read my post again.

You don’t know, huh?

See the whacky conspiracy guy I posted above? You’re being that guy.

What question of yours did I fail to answer?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Yes

or

No

Read my post again.

You don’t know, huh?

Whacky conspiracy guy for asking if you believe the election was legitimate or stolen, huh?

Well, thanks.  You did just actually answer the question without answering the question.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#30]
3 days to Kyiv, bröther
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Whacky conspiracy guy for asking if you believe the election was legitimate or stolen, huh?

Well, thanks.  You did just actually answer the question without answering the question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
..and the beat goes on!

…and the beat goes on!

Yes

or

No

Read my post again.

You don’t know, huh?

Sorry man, guess the truth hurts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You concisely prove my point. Thank you.    

The NATO treaty is ALL about collective defense.  Your quote, which is not from the Treaty itself, says that "at the time," that threat was from the Soviet Union.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The NATO treaty is ALL about collective defense.  Your quote, which is not from the Treaty itself, says that "at the time," that threat was from the Soviet Union.  

They were thinking forward.  Just in case aliens invaded or Brazil decided to get uppity and attack Europe.  Good thinking, as usual. Totally not just another irrelevant manufactured "gotcha" or anything.  You really believe they didn't have the Soviet Union in mind?  Lol

Well, NATO exists to contain Russian aggression (or any other Nation that threatens the alliance).  

When Article 5 was activated after 9/11, no one complained that it didn't count, because the attackers weren't Soviets.

Again, NATO is not as necessary as it used to be because Russia is a hollowed out shell of its former self.  One that can't even take part of Ukraine without losing a majority of it's conventional military strength.  So far, anyway.  I have no idea where this conflict is headed.  I just don't want it to end up going nuclear and fuck up the lives of Americans all so that internet commando weirdos can get their vicarious victory selfie.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Facts are facts.  You want to pretend that Russia does not equal the Soviet Union.  Ask the KGB guy who is do sad about the end of the Soviet Union.. Remember during the Cold War when we would refer to the Soviets as “Ruskis”?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Facts are facts.  You want to pretend that Russia does not equal the Soviet Union.  Ask the KGB guy who is do sad about the end of the Soviet Union.. Remember during the Cold War when we would refer to the Soviets as “Ruskis”?

Russia does not equal the Soviet Union.  I mean, that's just objective reality and elementary school geography...  Russia may have been the brain, but now it's more like a head in a jar.  Only with nuclear weapons and desperate to survive.  

That was short for “Russians”

There was no confusion about the Russians being an adversary.

We used to shoot at targets called “Ivan,” not Hans or Stan.

It was a Hans a little while before it was Ivan.  And it'll be something else in the future.  NATO has already accomplished its mission.  Russia is weak and dying.  Is the mission for NATO now to completely destroy Russia, even if Russia doesn't attack a NATO member?  I'm not sure they got the memo on that one.

1989 had an effect on the nature of that adversarial relationship, but it didn’t end.  It just pushed them back inside their own borders.

Pretending otherwise is naive.

I never said it ended, and I'm not pretending otherwise.  I said the need for NATO is less than it was at its inception, which is true, even by your own words.  Why do you need to project so much?  I didn't even write any of the shit you're claiming.

Ah yes, your weak straw man again.  lol

Sure.  Whatever you say, boss.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

1989 had an effect on the nature of that adversarial relationship, but it didn’t end.  It just pushed them back inside their own borders.

Pretending otherwise is naive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were thinking forward.  Just in case aliens invaded or Brazil decided to get uppity and attack Europe.  Good thinking, as usual. Totally not just another irrelevant manufactured "gotcha" or anything.  You really believe they didn't have the Soviet Union in mind?  Lol

Facts are facts.  You want to pretend that Russia does not equal the Soviet Union.  Ask the KGB guy who is do sad about the end of the Soviet Union.

Well, NATO exists to contain Russian aggression (or any other Nation that threatens the alliance).  

When Article 5 was activated after 9/11, no one complained that it didn't count, because the attackers weren't Soviets.

Again, NATO is not as necessary as it used to be because Russia is a hollowed out shell of its former self.  One that can't even take part of Ukraine without losing a majority of its conventional military strength.   So far, anyway.
. Remember during the Cold War when we would refer to the Soviets as “Ruskis”?

Pretending otherwise is naive

I have no idea where this conflict is headed.  I just don't want it to end up going nuclear and fuck up the lives of Americans all so that internet commando weirdos can get their vicarious victory selfie.

I always referred to them as Soviets during the Cold War, like people referred to us as Americans since we are from the United States of America.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#37]
How long is long therm?  As long as it takes?

TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
1h
·
Jens Stoltenberg, Secretary General of NATO: ..Allies have agreed that Ukraine will become a member of our alliance...that is a long term perspective..

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109942599226343622

Unedited

“I see that the future of Ukraine is to be a part of the European Union and also a member of NATO…”

NATO Secretary General with the Prime Minister of Finland ???? Sanna Marin, 28 FEB 2023

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

1h
·
Jens Stoltenberg, Secretary General of NATO: ..Allies have agreed that Ukraine will become a member of our alliance...that is a long term perspective..

Unedited

“I see that the future of Ukraine is to be a part of the European Union and also a member of NATO…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwd1JtOVy8k

View Quote

"In the future" and "imminent" are entirely different things.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You corrected your Drill Instructor when he sang this Jody?:

“If I die on the Russian front!  Bury me with a Russian grunt!”

Or when you were taught you the Code of Conduct:

“I am an American fighting man…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXp8SnXUvEo

“Ivan Target”:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/0CEBB8CD-239E-4BB4-A950-1418D71CB785-2728373.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/681A17E8-46BD-4C9F-9DB3-C7CD88341BDF-2728375.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facts are facts.  You want to pretend that Russia does not equal the Soviet Union.  Ask the KGB guy who is do sad about the end of the Soviet Union.

Again, NATO is not as necessary as it used to be because Russia is a hollowed out shell of its former self.  One that can't even take part of Ukraine without losing a majority of its conventional military strength.   So far, anyway.
. Remember during the Cold War when we would refer to the Soviets as “Ruskis”?

Pretending otherwise is naive

I have no idea where this conflict is headed.  I just don't want it to end up going nuclear and fuck up the lives of Americans all so that internet commando weirdos can get their vicarious victory selfie.

I always referred to them as Soviets during the Cold War, like people referred to us as Americans since we are from the United States of America.  

You corrected your Drill Instructor when he sang this Jody?:

“If I die on the Russian front!  Bury me with a Russian grunt!”

Or when you were taught you the Code of Conduct:

“I am an American fighting man…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXp8SnXUvEo

“Ivan Target”:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/0CEBB8CD-239E-4BB4-A950-1418D71CB785-2728373.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285/681A17E8-46BD-4C9F-9DB3-C7CD88341BDF-2728375.jpg

The use of the term Jody to refer to a cadence is not normal in my community, nor did I ever hear it refers to as that at Boot, OCS or TBS.   I heard cadences called that on the internet but not in the fleet as it was seen as an Army term similar to how we don’t refer to ever NCO Sgt and above as only Sgt and instead by their actual rank

Those are what I have always called  RETs (Reactive Targets) and I believe it is that in RFMSS and the various Range SoPs also, I think while using the pop up course at Ft Carson the range personnel from the Army called them Ivans but that was around 03-04 time frame.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not sure why you’d be so pedantic on a point that is universally known.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1h
·

Unedited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwd1JtOVy8k

And what I wrote in the thread title and your reading comprehension of what I wrote are two different things, too.  That push did start immediately after Kissinger’s statement and continues to this day as noted by the press conference.

Every time a public mention of plans for Ukraine to enter NATO is made, it’s like showing a red flag to a bull as it only prolongs the war and assures that no negotiations or even a compromise will be possible, at least for now.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I think I'm noticing a trend.

Answer truthfully, where would you let Russia touch you in the interest of preventing nuclear war? Like, if it's below the waist is that game over, just launch the missiles? Just curious how willing some would be, if it saved a single nuke from being launched. The idea Putin just wants to be homies, and since his military is obvious shit there's no way Russia can fuck with us is bizarre.

A good example, do you think Russia made any effort to play into the "Russian collusion" baloney in the interest of destabilizing our internal politics? Like, maybe by having an intelligence asset ask Trump questions at a town hall that would provide a "gotchya!" moment for Rachel Maddow? Just one, small example.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I guess I’m old.

In the 1980s, those were “Ivan” targets on Marine ranges, and Drill Instructors and Marines sang about “Jody.”

Regardless, I think we’ve established that “going toe to toe with the Ruskis” and talk of “Russians” coming through the Fulda Gap was interchangeable with “Soviet.”

But of course, you know this.  Not sure why you’d be so pedantic on a point that is universally known.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure why you’d be so pedantic on a point that is universally known.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Answer truthfully, where would you let Russia touch you in the interest of preventing nuclear war? Like, if it's below the waist is that game over, just launch the missiles? Just curious how willing some would be, if it saved a single nuke from being launched. The idea Putin just wants to be homies, and since his military is obvious shit there's no way Russia can fuck with us is bizarre.

A good example, do you think Russia made any effort to play into the "Russian collusion" baloney in the interest of destabilizing our internal politics? Like, maybe by having an intelligence asset ask Trump questions at a town hall that would provide a "gotchya!" moment for Rachel Maddow? Just one, small example.
View Quote

Launch the nukes.

Moving on.

Which do you think has had more of an effect on the American public.

Russian IO or  FBI/DHS/Twitter/Facebook IO ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#47]
If Ukraine meets the parameters for membership, sure, but prior to the invasion they did NOT and a lot of things haven't changed in terms of that nation's corruption issues.  

Only a few weeks back Ukraine's Deputy Minister of Defense had to resign over corruption allegations. https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-deputy-defense-minister-vyacheslav-shapovalov-resign-corruption-war-zelenskyy/

Their military is still not up to par for NATO standards.  The USA has been trying to help them for decades now to get up to par and they haven't done so. Before the 2014 invasion their military was frankly pathetic in terms of equipment, structure, and leadership.  They've made some serious gains since 2020, but they've got a long way to go before their an asset to NATO and not a liability even if they push Russia out.  

I know the media like to make Ukraine out to be some amazing military force, but frankly they're not up to par with NATO standards even today.  I hope that they will get up to par, especially for Ukraine's sake, but they're not there yet. They need FAR better officers, general, and flag officers as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Launch the nukes.

Moving on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Launch the nukes.

Moving on.

Russian IO. It is successfully dividing and neutering the right. If it continues 2024 is going to be a bad scene.

Biden has horribly fucked up the entire Ukraine situation from shit deterrence to slow rolling aid. Instead of focusing on how to effectively represent clear American interests,  half the right is now gargling the spiritual balls of Neville Chamberlin.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1630696423447511045?s=61&t=9wQyyNygsvtQm1CZGYh1wg

Your sons will have to fight in Ukraine.  Zelensky
View Quote

He’s a lying piece of shit and should be considered an enemy of the United States for his words and actions.

Zelenskyy blames Russia after 'unintentional' Poland missile strike | USA TODAY #Shorts

Zelenskyy Insists Missile Strike In Poland Didn't Come From Ukraine

Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top