BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God that show was a paradox.  Janeway and Chakotay were the two most annoying characters in the two most important spots, but Paris, Torres, Seven, and the Doctor were wonderful characters.  And I always loved the ship design.  Such a practical design.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61337/R__1__jpg-2353025.JPG
View Quote

I believe that the ship they were originally going to be tooling around in the Delta Quadrant was what became known as the Yeager Class. But they decided that going through the rigmarole of combining an Intrepid and a Maqui flagship wasn't something they could write out in a credible way. So they just made the hero ship a straight Intrepid.

The Awesome Ship That Everyone Hates

Personally I think the Yeager Class looks pretty cool. It probably would have been unreliable as hell as they limped across the Delta Quadrant. Come to think of it, one of my favorite anime series, Vandread had something like a Yeager as its main ship. Two rather disparate ship types that got welded together. Though by means that could be considered magic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya wanna know why the ladies liked Tuvix?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ya wanna know why the ladies liked Tuvix?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Twodicks
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
The premise was shit from the start.

Give a woman captain a ship named after a minivan and she gets lost on the complete other side of the universe on the first episode.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Also, I'm pretty sure most "transporter accidents" should end like Brundlefly at best.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:54:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Give a woman captain a ship named after a minivan and she gets lost on the complete other side of the universe on the first episode.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also, I'm pretty sure most "transporter accidents" should end like Brundlefly at best.
View Quote

Considering that a transporter kills the subject and replaces it with a computer-generated clone, they should have been banned completely.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Shitest show ever.

I watched 2 and they must have been the two worst episodes/

This guy travels at warp 10 in a ship and that means they can get home in a micro second.  But 3 or 4 days after he starts acting odd, kidnaps the captain. They both turn completely into lizards yes lizards, not man size lizards, just normal large lizards.

Ship finds them exposes them to ionising radiation and just like that normal size humans again/ They decide not to use warp ten, despite the fact they can completely cure the side effects before they even happen.

I watched another to see if they were all that bad and that other one was worse.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shitest show ever.

This guy travels at warp 10 in a ship and that means they can get home in a micro second.  But 3 or 4 days after he starts acting odd, kidnaps the captain. They both turn completely into lizards yes lizards, not man size lizards, just normal large lizards.

Ship finds them exposes them to ionising radiation and just like that normal size humans again/ They decide not to use warp ten, despite the fact they can completely cure the side effects before they even happen.

I watched another to see if they were all that bad and that other one was worse.
View Quote

The warp 10 one is widely considered the worst episode in star trek.   Like, of all the series.

Though I don't know if that counts the new Picard or Discovery series'.  I've never seen any of those ones.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That show was so terrible.   I was a huge Star Trek fan, and it was unwatchable for me.  I think I made it into the second season, and then gave up.
View Quote

That started happening with a lot of viewers so they introduced the Seven of Nine character.  For some reason, this brought back some male viewership.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i have no idea what the hell is going on here
View Quote

I had to look it up.

That Time Janeway Murdered Tuvix as Voyager Crew Stood By and Watched
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, it should be more like this...

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Transporter Accident

or this.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Are you finding these or overdosing on THC and making these? They're FANTASTIC! This one is my favorite so far.

I remember the episode a little different, been over 20 years..
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comedy memes with an audience of eight. Which is double the fanbase of the entire Star Trek: Voyager series.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Seven of Nine is the reason Obama was President.

Probably sent back in time by Borg to do so.
View Quote
In combination with Mike Ditka not wanting to give up his ESPN gig to be a U.S. Senator.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shitest show ever.

View Quote

You watched Threshold, which is generally considered to be the worst episode of the series and in the top 5 worst episodes of the entire Star Trek franchise.

TOS: And the Children Shall Lead or maybe Spock's Brain
TNG:  Code of Honor or maybe Shades of Gray
DS9:  Profit and Lace
Voyager:  Threshold
Enterprise:  A Night in Sickbay
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I believe that the ship they were originally going to be tooling around in the Delta Quadrant was what became known as the Yeager Class. But they decided that going through the rigmarole of combining an Intrepid and a Maqui flagship wasn't something they could write out in a credible way. So they just made the hero ship a straight Intrepid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef43ELU6poo

Personally I think the Yeager Class looks pretty cool. It probably would have been unreliable as hell as they limped across the Delta Quadrant. Come to think of it, one of my favorite anime series, Vandread had something like a Yeager as its main ship. Two rather disparate ship types that got welded together. Though by means that could be considered magic.
View Quote

This is my favorite Voyager prototype.  But then the network wanted to make it a more familiar shape.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The warp 10 one is widely considered the worst episode in star trek.   Like, of all the series.

Though I don't know if that counts the new Picard or Discovery series'.  I've never seen any of those ones.
View Quote

+1

Threshold is famously bad.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Seven of Nine is the reason Obama was President.

Probably sent back in time by Borg to do so.
View Quote

No....she's not.

This aggressively stupid comment is made in just about every thread that references Voyager or Jeri Ryan. It needs to end.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You watched Threshold, which is generally considered to be the worst episode of the series and in the top 5 worst episodes of the entire Star Trek franchise.

View Quote

TNG: Pick almost any episode from season 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Some weird nerd shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some weird nerd shit.

I wondered why this thread smelled like clearasil and virginity.  It all makes sense now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is my favorite Voyager prototype.  But then the network wanted to make it a more familiar shape.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61337/voyager_concept_jpg-2353321.JPG
View Quote

Woof, that is one awkward looking beastie. I heard somewhere that when they were designing the Intrepid class they specified that they wanted it to look like a Lexus. I don't know what that looks like other than a strange mix of various different eras of Star Trek ships.

Looks like the saucer section was later used in the Prometheus class.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I didn't know I needed these
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are plenty of bad ones to choose from, but there are also some decent ones and a few in season 2 that are actually good.

But these are the worst of the worst.  Lonely Among Us is another contender.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That show was so terrible.   I was a huge Star Trek fan, and it was unwatchable for me.  I think I made it into the second season, and then gave up.
View Quote

I watched sporadically and did about the same thing.  Maybe saw half the episodes up through season 2, then just went back to watching TNG and DS9 reruns.

I managed to sit through the whole series a few years back.  There are some good episodes, and even a few great ones, but they are far too infrequent.  An average/decent episode of Voyager was about like a meh season 2 episode of TNG.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I watched sporadically and did about the same thing.  Maybe saw half the episodes up through season 2, then just went back to watching TNG and DS9 reruns.

I managed to sit through the whole series a few years back.  There are some good episodes, and even a few great ones, but they are far too infrequent.  An average/decent episode of Voyager was about like a meh season 2 episode of TNG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet it's still head and shoulders above STD or Picard. I'd sooner rewatch this episode of Voyager any day over those two shows.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And yet it's still head and shoulders above STD or Picard. I'd sooner rewatch this episode of Voyager any day over those two shows.

https://i.imgur.com/f5TGTD6.jpeg
View Quote

I only watched the first episode of Picard, and I haven't seen any of Discovery.  I was curious to see them, but everyone and I mean everyone who was a Trek fan that I've talked to said they're both terrible.  The only redeeming thing about Picard is seeing some old favorite faces again, which I think I would like.  But from what I've read, it wouldn't be worth it.  The first episode left me somewhat curious to see where they were going with it, but it seemed like they were trying to make a Trek version of a different sci-fi show.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Watched that episode while I was in Germany-the Vix syllable is pronounced exactly like the root of the German slang word for mastrubation Wichsen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvix
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Tuvix was an abomination.

Janeway was a straight-up sociopath.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I only watched the first episode of Picard, and I haven't seen any of Discovery.  I was curious to see them, but everyone and I mean everyone who was a Trek fan that I've talked to said they're both terrible.  The only redeeming thing about Picard is seeing some old favorite faces again, which I think I would like.  But from what I've read, it wouldn't be worth it.  The first episode left me somewhat curious to see where they were going with it, but it seemed like they were trying to make a Trek version of a different sci-fi show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/f5TGTD6.jpeg

Given the history of the various Treks to take 2ish seasons to get their feet under them I made the mistake of watching the first 2 of STD. After that failure, I gave Picard the whole first season.

Nope, no more. As The Drinker said in his new video, real Star Trek hasn't existed since 2009.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#43]

for some this is absolutely hilarious to me
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Given the history of the various Treks to take 2ish seasons to get their feet under them I made the mistake of watching the first 2 of STD. After that failure, I gave Picard the whole first season.

Nope, no more. As The Drinker said in his new video, real Star Trek hasn't existed since 2009.
View Quote

Enterprise ended in 2005.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

To me that was the best part

[TF2] Hmph. Women, Hahahahaha! ? (HD)
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Then we got the abortion of JJ Trek in 2009.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It didn't help that the pilot had a glaring plot hole in it that made the whole series unnecessary.  They could have easily saved the day, gotten back home, and ended the series in the pilot episode, but they didn't do it for stupid plot reasons.

Situation:
Voyager can use the Caretaker's station to return home.
Kazon ships coming soon, and they will do bad things with the Caretaker's station if they get their hands on it.

Janeway's stupid solution:
Destroy the station and be stranded far away from home.

Smart solution:
Use the station to return home, but leave timed explosives on board that will destroy it after Voyager leaves.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It didn't help that the pilot had a glaring plot hole in it that made the whole series unnecessary.  They could have easily saved the day, gotten back home, and ended the series in the pilot episode, but they didn't do it for stupid plot reasons.

Situation:
Voyager can use the Caretaker's station to return home.
Kazon ships coming soon, and they will do bad things with the Caretaker's station if they get their hands on it.

Janeway's stupid solution:
Destroy the station and be stranded far away from home.

Smart solution:
Use the station to return home, but leave timed explosives on board that will destroy it after Voyager leaves.

View Quote

Later Season Janeway's solution:
Destroy station and be stranded.  Genocide Ocampa anyways to prove to Kazon how tough you are.  Make Tuvix watch.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I've seen the ST:Voy episode with Tuvix but didn't realize that this was such a big deal.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top